Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Caldera: The Magma Master! | Now With Art

MrPigman

Ello my fellow tenno at this time caldera is a WIP so please take it as such. My hopes for this frame are for it to be a fun interactive frame. Something that will make the player have to think about what skill would tactically be best to use in the certain situation.

UeNBV7O.jpg

Stats(at 30):

Health: 345

Shield: 345

armor: 100

Speed:1.0

Power: 175

Stamina: 80

Abilities:

1-Molten Shell: caldera covers herself in magma which will reduce incoming damage. At any time after using molten shell she may use it again which will cost no energy (or after 30 seconds), but will detonate her shell dealing blast damage. After detonating, her shell is removed.

2-Meltdown: caldera superheats the armor of enemies around her making it melt off and do high heat damage.

3-Lava Plume: caldera creates a molten half dome in front of her which will act as a shield for her and her allies. Caldera may slowly move with the shield up but can not attack. She may activate the shield again to release it which will have it go down but solidify before fully disapearing leaving a half circle half wall for her and her allies to take cover behind. The solidified wall lasts 45seconds or until another solid wall is made.

4-Eruption: caldera bursts out with the violent force of a volcano shaking the entire map (as if a window broke like on corpus maps) and dealing an initial blast and impact burst then proceeding to leave the surroundings scorched which will do heat damage over time. Enemies in the scorched terrain will be more secceptible to elemental damage procs.

Skill demos are coming soon along with more skills details. If you think there could be some better skills tell me. Also give me your opinion of the frame :) thanks for reading m8s

Edited by MrPigman
  • Like 1

Ello my fellow tenno at this time caldera is a WIP so please take it as such. My hopes for this frame are for it to be a fun interactive frame. Something that will make the player have to think about what skill would tactically be best to use in the certain situation.

Stats: I'll go into more depth later, but I wanted this frame to sort of a caster tank if you can imagine that. Essentially a support.

Abilities:

1-Molten Shell: caldera covers herself in magma which will reduce incoming damage. At any time after using molten shell she may use it again which will cost no energy (or after 30 seconds), but will detonate her shell dealing blast damage. After detonating, her shell is removed.

2-Meltdown: caldera superheats the armor of enemies around her making it melt off and do high heat damage.

3-Lava Plume: caldera creates a molten half dome in front of her which will act as a shield for her and her allies. Caldera may slowly move with the shield up but can not attack. She may activate the shield again to release it which will have it go down but solidify before fully disapearing leaving a half circle half wall for her and her allies to take cover behind. The solidified wall lasts 45seconds or until another solid wall is made.

4-Eruption: caldera bursts out with the violent force of a volcano shaking the entire map (as if a window broke like on corpus maps) and dealing an initial blast and impact burst then proceeding to leave the surroundings scorched which will do heat damage over time. Enemies in the scorched terrain will be more secceptible to elemental damage procs.

Art is coming soon along with skill demos. Also will go into more details later. If you think there could be some better skills tell me. Also give me your opinion of the frame :) thanks for reading m8s

This is not very far from Ember, m8

This is not very far from Ember, m8

Ember is Fire themed, this concept is Magma themed.

Ember is a Crowd Control Glass Cannon. This concept seems to be more built around like a mix between a tank and mage type, similar to Frost.

My personal issue is that this would probably sit with more people if it was a male Warframe, but I see the potential in the idea.

Ember is Fire themed, this concept is Magma themed.

Ember is a Crowd Control Glass Cannon. This concept seems to be more built around like a mix between a tank and mage type, similar to Frost.

My personal issue is that this would probably sit with more people if it was a male Warframe, but I see the potential in the idea.

This is true, good point.

Just thought that the theme is to close to eachother. Tho they could make Ember and "Caldera" sibblings or twins..?

thanks for the feedback! and yes my "fear" i guess you could say was that it would be too close to ember in theme, but thats why i gave it some blast and impact hoping this would give it more uniqueness.

think of it this way, ember is just heat and fire. caldera is molten rock/metal.

ill get started on a male concept art too then, i think if you guys saw the art you would see how it works as a female. but none the less ill do a male one as well.

I'm not into volcanoes or anything, but strangely enough I actually kind of like this idea.

It fits into DE wanting to making alternative genders on current warframes with a similar theme but different powers.

I look forward to the art :D

• 9 months later...