Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Chronos, Manipulator Of Time

(PSN)rowansprite

Several frames have exhibited abilities of minor time control- for instance, Rhino and his stomp, or Vauban (to an extent) with his stasis field. And on the opposite side of the spectrum, you have Nova, who manipulates space and antimatter.  So why not a frame based completely on the bending of time? 

The frame itself could have similar stats to frames such as Oberon or Nekros, due to his abilities. And his abilities, for that matter, could be as follows:

Time Warp (Costs 25 Energy) - Chronos singles out a target, warping time around them. This causes minor damage to the target over time, but leaves them vulnerable to extra damage. 

Warp Shield (Costs 50 Energy) - Chronos temporarily puts a shield around his teammates and himself by bending time, lessening any damage taken from enemies.

Slow time (Costs 75 Energy) - (Self explanatory) Chronos temporarily slows time in the area, causing everything but his teammates and himself to appear much slower. 

Temporal Surge (Costs 100 Energy) - Chronos rips the fabric of time around him, creating a destructive wave that will disintegrate enemies in its radius. Enemies that are killed will have a slightly higher chance to drop rarer loot and resources, due to the holes in time.

And that would be Chronos in a nutshell. Don't have anything to show what he would be, but, well... It's a frame I would personally love to see.

1 and 3 are fine and could make sense, but the 2 and 4 not too much for me.

You will se, the 2 is a team shield created of time? not to logical i think, and the 4 is an aoe massive dmg dealer created with time? why and how?

Any one would like a time based frame but dont bthink of another dmg caster, we have a lot of those in the game. What about more utility (since it what a lot of frames lack)?

put for example:

1.- a stasis field that traps in time whatever comes into it, just put it in the floor and wait for an enemy to step in it and voila, it should have a lot of duration and a max number of targets in the field, but has no dmg and a large radius.

2.- the slow time ability you describe fits really well.

3.- what about an ability to cure the wounds, like oberons heal, but that can fully heal someone in a set amount of time, just target someone and use it, if you dont target any tenno, you heal yourself, the heal effect should be slow.

4.- what if chronos traps himself into time and then he puts a reflect of himself where he was on the activation, then he become invulnerable and his spells cost no mana for the duration of the skill, when the time reach its limit, chronos reapers in his reflect taken all the dmg (if his hp were not sufficient to mantain him alive he falls in downed state) and wasting all the energy he used (if his energy was not enough to  soke up the amount he used, he gets negative energy, and he will need to grab energy to replenish his bar to positive energy before he can use another spell).

• 1 month later...

1. I made a warframe concept around space/time called Kairos around a week ago.

2. Your abilities don't make sense for a time-based warframe. A time shield? A DoT that weakens enemy armor? These abilities seem less then stellar and pretty boring honestly.

really kairos, a dragonvale character :/

really kairos, a dragonvale character :/

Yeah totally. I've obviously played dragonvale and and you can tell with that obvious research YOU did, Kairos is only a name from dragonvale and isn't a greek word that means lapse in time. Mhm. You got me there. I'm gonna go to my hidey hole in shame for that.

No, but seriously. Look it up before you accuse me of randomly stealing an unrelated name that in fact has nothing to do with that.

Edited by ManiacalProdigy