Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wildlife Species - Felines

[DE]Artarrwen

UPDATE: The concept is being expanded upon. See: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/411991-companion-concept-nasasp-europa-based-felineserpentine-pet-concept-art-inspiration-inside-with-more-to-come/

Original idea:

~And since currently nothing inhabits mountain/arctic regions, I'd thought of something somewhat fitting to the environment.

Teh concept art. Messy, yes, (somewhat amateurish, given how many mistakes are there >_<) but gets the idea across I suppose.

feline_creature_shrinked.png

Wish I could come up with a decent name, but alas.

As neutrals, they would rarely ambush small Corpus crewmen squads or lone Tenno wandering about from atop of rocks. As pets, they would mostly stay clear of sight, silently following their masters by high ground or through ducts and caves (or simply lurking in the shadows for lack of better hiding spot), ready to ambush a small group of troops or pick members of a larger team off one by one (hit-and-run behavior).

(Might do another wildlife species concept, most likely a bird or a reptile; but feel free to request something, if the idea is cool enough I'll give it a try!)

Edited by Artarrwen

Here's a REALLY crazy thought: what IF instead of just having Kubrows and stuff, we could have one of a small variety of pets?

I now see you already addressed that. I completely support this idea.

*Conflagration's stamp of approval*

Gameplay-wise and whatnot they could all function the same way (with maybe a few slight variations) but you would be able to choose whether you had a Kubrow, or a Feline or some other animal - with restriction, of course, Skate's are too niche because of their appearence and behaviors to really work.

Also, if I may suggest a name for this animal (given Felines is more a physical description of it, like canine is for Kubrows):

Hunhow

(taken from the Hunhow sentinel mask, as Kubrow seems to have been taken from the Kubrow sentinel mask)

or, for something completely original: Quolsis

Edited by Morec0

IMO, needs bigger ears like a Lynx:

Lynx_lynx-4.JPG

Kinda looks like it's already got Lynx ears.

If anything, though, I think it needs SMALLER ears, as it seems to me that, because of the cold environment these guys would be dwelling in, larger ears would lead to greater heat loss while smaller ears would allow for them to retain heat better and insulate them more against the cold.

But I'm no expert on the matter, may be mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, if they don't add some sort of underwater combat and/or underwater shark/whale type wild creature in the Europa they mentioned, how they said they'd have it with lots of water and glaciers/ice, they could put this. Or, of course, they could put this on somewhere like Venus, stuff like that. I mean, it looks like it'd survive pretty well in the cold, so...

And since currently nothing inhabits mountain/arctic regions, I'd thought of something somewhat fitting to the environment.

Teh concept art. Messy, yes, (somewhat amateurish, given how many mistakes are there >_<) but gets the idea across I suppose.

feline_creature_shrinked.png

Wish I could come up with a decent name, but alas.

As neutrals, they would rarely ambush small Corpus crewmen squads or lone Tenno wandering about from atop of rocks. As pets, they would mostly stay clear of sight, silently following their masters by high ground or through ducts and caves (or simply lurking in the shadows for lack of better hiding spot), ready to ambush a small group of troops or pick members of a larger team off one by one (hit-and-run behavior).

(Might do another wildlife species concept, most likely a bird or a reptile; but feel free to request something, if the idea is cool enough I'll give it a try!)

I haven't been agreeing with all these feline pet ideas, but THIS looks like it belongs in Warframe. Well done. I would love to have this as a pet!

• 3 weeks later...

I think ive made a good reason why a Feline cant be a companion a Tenno can depend on to be loyal, in another thread. Great artwork, but concept wise it wont fit because of the nature of Felines.

Edited by Senketsu_

• 7 months later...

Right, for that idea:

Nasasp -

"The result of ancient Orokin genetic engineering to create a creature both sleek and approachable for domestic ownership, the Nasasp was creating through the splicing of serpentine and feline genetic codes. After the fall of the Orokin the domestic Nasasp were mostly wiped out by more powerful indigenous species or hunters, with only a small population on Europa surviving through the first few years.

Over the millennium that followed the Nasasp evolved past their domestic identity, becoming more physically adapt at survival. Features that once were bred to enhance their beauty - long sleek tails, powerful homeostasis - have become a part of their survival mechanisms. No longer are they simple pets, and if properly bred they may be a powerful weapon to bolster the Tenno cause."

So, basically, think of these guys as anti-Kubrows: rather than taking the evolved animal and reverting it back to its more domestic roots you are taking the evolved animal and further cultivating its evolution to make it a powerful war weapon.

The Nasasp as a pet functions like a Kubrow and is comparable to a number of different breeds of the canine-like species, but bring to bear special abilities unique to their breed to aid their Tenno masters. Acquiring a Nasasp is just like getting a Kubrow: go to Europa, ransack a Nasasp Burrow, and breed the egg at your Genetic Foundry.

Sheut - The Sheut breed is cultivates the Nasap's evolutionary camouflage into something far exceeding mere natural ability. Sheuts act as ghosts by their master's side, making the way safe though non-lethal methods.

Stalk - The Sheut cloaks itself and its master.

Sap - The Sheut strikes at a target with it's whip-like tail, stunning them and rending all of their senses useless for a duration. When the enemy comes to they will not suspect anything happened to them. 

Sheut is an Egyptian word meaning "shadow".

Sekhem - Sekhem's are bred to provide incredible offensive assistance to their Tenno master. The Sekhem also is able to utilize the massive amounts of heat their body can generate for combat purposes.

Lash - The Sekhem slashes at a target with their tail, instantly causing the bleed proc.

Sear - The Sekhem super-heats their own body and barrels into a target, knocking them over and setting them on fire. This ability persists for a few seconds.

Sekhem is an Egyptian word meaning "power or might" and is also the source of the goddess Sekhmet's name

Gahiji - Bred to further increase the natural strength in their prehensile, snake-like tails, the Gahiji are used to restrain targets for quick and easy elimination or put down weakened enemies themselves. There are very few enemies that can resist of these animals.

Execute - The Gahiji will strike weakened or knocked-downed enemies for bonus damage.

Restrain - The Gahiji wraps a target in their tail and lifts them into the air, immobilizing them and dealing very minor damage for a duration. Some enemies (bosses) are immune to this effect.

Gahiji is an Egyptian name meaning "hunter".

Ka - With their own natural survival evolutionary traits harnessed through Void technology, the Ankh breed are able to heal their masters when they fall grievously ill or restore their energy should they run low. They are invaluable to those who prefer more frontal assault-tactics.

Regenerate - When the Nasasp's master is badly injured the Ka will provide a boost to their health regeneration, even through combat.

Innervate - The Ka transfers a portion of their own energy to their master when their energy is low.

"Ka" is an Egyptian word relating to the "vital spark" of the human spirit; basically what separates a living person from a dead one.

Edited by Morec0

• 3 weeks later...