Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Hype Train [Sfm]

MDRLOz

http://youtu.be/EbMceUkMk7E

I set myself the challenge of making a 30 second warframe video using Source Film maker (SFM) in under a week. It is my first attempt at using SFM and I think it turned out ok.

I am trying to improve my skills to hopefully start adding in more custom footage to the Warframe Machinma Series - Faulty Frame Squad.

*Cough* https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/198460-faulty-frame-squad-a-warframe-machinima-episode-3-released/?hl=%2Bfaulty+%2Bframe *Cough*

There are also some bad little faults that I did not have time to fix in my one week deadline. I don't want to list them so people might not notice them, with more time it would be flawless but I now a better understanding of how long it takes and what I can accomplish.

Well Hope you enjoyed the video, I know there is a lot of little things to spot, and remember keep that Hype train a moving Tenno!

EDIT:

If you could please post which bit/frame you liked most. My favourite is Valkyr and Excalibur.

Edited by MDRLOz

Thanks everyone.

Its nice to see people enjoy it.

I got every frame in there and tried to give them each something unique to do.

Though I would like to know which bit/frame is everyone favorite.

Mine is either Valkyr or Excalibur.

Excalibur was first frame I posed but one of the last ones I animated. I cant decide if he is sleepy or just gets distracted easily.

Edited by MDRLOz

Lol nova playing with a yoga ball

Its actually a bomb. If you look carefully it has a glowing fuse on one side.

I mean come on, Nova always brings the big explosions...

I am a bit sad SFM does not export to 1080p by default. I will have to look into how to adjust this. There are loads of little details I spent ages doing and I am not sure if you can spot them all on 720p.

Well I was tempted to do close up shots on some of the scenes. Also while timing did some flying shots with Zephyr and ride cams with stalker and they would make great footage.

What kind of music would you suggest?

i think you need a 10hr version. for once it would actually be cool, instead of most of the loops most people make.

Was considering looping.

However one problem was that I actually ran out of track and looping seeing that tunnel in the background would be hard. 

One of the next things I am going to try is some green screen stuff. If that works I could make a true hype train that never stops!

Things that may or may not make it cooler.

Replacing Excalibur's orthos with a skana and Stalker's orthos with a Hate and maybe

smoke coming out the back of his motorcycle .

Maybe Loki Running with Volt just not as fast.

The words "Hype Train!" on the side of the train

Other than that it was Perfect!

Edit: 

Music wise, may I suggest something like this :

http://youtu.be/hignzKHphvQ

Really...   Well I did have "Similar" idea and just thinking about it with this music made me crack up.... Aww man.... Yes... I will make it MUAHAHAH.

W...where's Vauban...?

Really good job!

AH HA! He is there... Maybe a little hard to see at only 720p. I also forgot to go back and give him some little tweaks and movements he sadly is a little static but he is fulfilling a vital role. A role that I thought Vauban was right Frame for the job.

Replacing Excalibur's orthos with a skana and Stalker's orthos with a Hate and maybe

smoke coming out the back of his motorcycle .

Maybe Loki Running with Volt just not as fast.

The words "Hype Train!" on the side of the train

Other than that it was Perfect!

I would love to have done more but I set myself a week and stuck to it. Custom writing is something I looked into and will be doing in future. However I was taking inspiration from:

http://i.imgur.com/ZETg7wY.png

http://i.imgur.com/uVonrXJ.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/11tuzyt.jpg

The reason for use of Orthos is the only weapons NikouT has exported currently are:

Orthos

Vectis

Supra

Dera - Trying to find/get my hand on this one. You can see examples of it in use here: 

Stalker also has an Orthos for a reason.... if you look very carefully... which ate up alot of my last day. I animated the transition and physics perfectly and then something screwed up and I wasted ages trying to fix it. Look carefully and you will see my sloppy fix but it was either that of completely redo all those models from scratch. (There was random motion that would not go away :'(  ). If I skipped this I would have looked to give stalker some smoke and also a fire trail from his back wheel. Sadly I now cant stand the site of a normal plain Orthos. They spin and dance in my nightmares.

I think originally Loki it was going to be running. However Volts forward and back during the  30 seconds was a complete accident and so I wanted to add a reason for him to slow down then speed up again... Once again my be to hard to spot in 720

Edited by MDRLOz

AH HA! He is there... Maybe a little hard to see at only 720p. I also forgot to go back and give him some little tweaks and movements he sadly is a little static but he is fulfilling a vital role. A role that I thought Vauban was right Frame for the job.

He wouldn't happen to be a replacement for the train wheels, would he?

He wouldn't happen to be a replacement for the train wheels, would he?

Awww poor Vauban I would never do that to him.

I wish I made him move he is sadly stationary. 

You can see him at 720p but you probably think he just part of the train due to his lack of movement.