Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunter Warframe.

00zau

Artemis: The Huntress

1.1 or 1.15 sprint speed
100 or 125 base shield
125 or 150 base health
100 base armor
The armor, health and shield stats represent a lightly armoured frame, but not a defenseless caster either.

Abilities

#1 Death Mark. 25 energy. Targeted enemy takes 25/35/45/50% more damage for 8/11/13/15 seconds. If the enemy is killed before the duration expires, the effect will jump to a random enemy within 15m. Multiplier is effected by Power Strength, duration is effected by Power Duration, and the casting and jump ranges are effected by Power Range. Visual effect: the warframe points at the target for a casting animation and a burst of light travels from the warframe to the target. The target is illuminated in the warframes energy color, a bright orb appears over their head, and they will be highlighted through walls for all allies (as though the players where using their codex scanner).

#2 Camouflage. 35 energy. Camouflage is a channeled ability with a maximum duration (similar to Embers WoF), making the warframe invisible as long as she channels it. However, she is slowed while cloaked. If she is standing still when she cancels the channel, she will remain invisible for a few more seconds or until she moves.

#3 Bivouac. 50 energy Creates a first aid kit at the warframe's location, which lasts for 10/13/15/18 seconds. This kit, when walked over by each ally for the first time, will restore 10/20/30/50 health, 5/10/15/20 shotgun and sniper ammo, and 10/20/30/40 pistol and rifle ammo. While the kit lasts, any ally who moves within 5/7/9/10m of the kit will have any procs effecting them removed, and will be protected from further procs. Power strength effects the ammo and health restoration effects, power duration effects how long the kit lasts, and power range extends the range of the proc protection. Visual effect: a brightly glowing column of light appears at the casters location, and the floor glows faintly in a ring around the column, denoting the range of the proc protection effect.

#4 Lead the Pack. 100 energy. All enemies within 25m are highlighted, even through walls. Allies are given 1m of punch-through on any non-explosive weapon. In addition, they automatically inflict a bleed proc with any weapon damage they deal. Enemies are cowed by your presence; any enemy within 20m will have reduced accuracy and damage. Every enemy killed during the effect gives you and your allies a 1% damage bonus for the duration of the power, up to a maximum of 10/15/20/25% bonus damage (this bonus damage is applied twice against Death Marked targets). The maximum bonus damage is effected by power strength, and the duration of the buff is effected by power duration, and the highlighting range (thought not the enemy debuff range) is effected by power range.

Passive effect: neutral mobs (currently just desert skates and kubrows) will not aggro on the team unless the warframes damage them first. The warframe also makes little to no foot noises, even when running of landing after a long fall.

Basically, this frame is meant to be an offensive support frame. None of her abilities deal direct damage, but two of them make your team deal more damage (three if you count the stealth damage multiplier), while the last ability provides additional ammunition. Her second ability can give the whole team a few moments peace in a pinch, and her third and fourth abilites both protect allies from secondary effects (procs and knockdowns).

So, what do y'all think?

Edit: Reworked #2 since Ash augment gives group stealth now. Reworked ult to make it not give the same buff as Volt's Speed.

Edited by 00zau

mmm im looking for a crazy ninja assasin warframe that has abilities better than ash and loki combined and the artemis warframe is like mostly you have to stay with her for most of the time and no my interest :(

mmm im looking for a crazy ninja assasin warframe that has abilities better than ash and loki combined and the artemis warframe is like mostly you have to stay with her for most of the time and no my interest :(

She fulfills a different role than Ash or Loki; she provides offensive support, while Ash does direct damage and Loki does more defensive/crowd control support. Radial Disarm is one of the best CCs in the game. Ash could use some work, but that's mostly because all direct damage currently scales poorly. The only skills they directly have in common are the stealth skills; Artemis' costs the same as Ash's and has the same duration, but trades the stun for stealth-ing her allies (for a shorter duration). If it's too powerful, the cost could be raised to 50 energy. It's true that two of her abilities only help nearby allies, but her ult has infinite range (and since most of her abilities benefit from power range, building even more range is advantageous).

eh thats basically loki and ash combined, sorry but no thanks, also hunter isn't really a base for a warframe, (like stealth, ice, fire, tank all good ones but hunter..naw) and most importantly camouflage is already ability for loki, and almost the same stats as smoke screen except for the ally invis

She fulfills a different role than Ash or Loki; she provides offensive support, while Ash does direct damage and Loki does more defensive/crowd control support.

eh offensive support and direct damage are almost the same things with incredibility, if any, minor tweaks here and their

i thought hunter so where all the range or special bow and arrows

I don't think this is a huntress but a support

Last power doesn't really can be used because nekros has terrify, even though they don't have the same action they both scare.

Yup i Think this warframe is a support not archer, not hunter, not ranged.

i thought hunter so where all the range or special bow and arrows

I don't think this is a huntress but a support

Last power doesn't really can be used because nekros has terrify, even though they don't have the same action they both scare.

Yup i Think this warframe is a support not archer, not hunter, not ranged.

A hunter isn't restricted in what weapons they can use, and neither is a warframe. How would a 'special bow and arrow' work if the player isn't using a bow at all? Or what if they don't like bows? This focuses on the other aspects of hunting (and hunting isn't exactly a limited weapon format, either. Main difference is that no one hunts with full auto or burst). Hunting isn't just about the weapons, it's about choosing your target (Death mark), stalking your prey (Camouflage) and/or running them into the ground (Lead the Pack). (History time; humanities greatest physical asset is endurance. Hunting parties used to work by simply doggedly following an animal until it couldn't run anymore. It helped if you wounded them first). Perhaps "Ranger" would have been a better descriptor. Think DnD ranger.

• 5 months later...

Just change ability number 2 and this would be a good frame. +1

I suggest her pulling out an energy bow and shooting a 30 degree fan of arrows in 3 sets of 3 rapidly in front of her. Damage increases and the shooting of an additional arrow per set with level (3 sets of 3/4/5/6 arrows).

• 5 months later...

If you don't mind some suggestions, I have some powers that differ from yours enough to mention:

-Lay To Rest - Kills all enemies under a certain health within an area, such as kills all enemies under 50% health within 10 meters. (Maybe ult.)

-Forest Walk - Similar to camouflage, but with temporary omni-directional movement, or perhaps just a speed and jump buff. For visuals think vines, or tree branches. Perhaps allow walking through items instead. Also, for this I am thinking just for the caster.

-Forest Sense or Sees Through Trees - Allow vision through objects and automatic punch through for all allies in a radius.

Perhaps make Bivouac collect these items from enemies, as if using what was hunted?

This would give a similar experience I expect, but with a different niche than current frames, and a little more emphasis on hunting rather than support.

(Just realized I nekro'd a thread, oh well, since I am trying to make a concept for a frame named Artemis, it was nice to see someone else's idea.)

Edited by ZnSeventeen

I like the concept.  We need a new stealth frame that's female +1

A few nitpicks/gripes:

-2 ability is too short duration for my taste, but that is taste,

-I'd want assurance that her 4 didn't interfere with weapon's regular proc.

-Love the 3, but wouldn't something like "Field Pack" be more apropos for a name?  Bivouac seems more of a permanent camp than a refuel drop.

-The defenses are too well rounded/average, no significant strengths or weaknesses

If you don't mind some suggestions, I have some powers that differ from yours enough to mention:

-Lay To Rest - Kills all enemies under a certain health within an area, such as kills all enemies under 50% health within 10 meters. (Maybe ult.)

-Forest Walk - Similar to camouflage, but with temporary omni-directional movement, or perhaps just a speed and jump buff. For visuals think vines, or tree branches. Perhaps allow walking through items instead. Also, for this I am thinking just for the caster.

-Forest Sense or Sees Through Trees - Allow vision through objects and automatic punch through for all allies in a radius.

Perhaps make Bivouac collect these items from enemies, as if using what was hunted?

This would give a similar experience I expect, but with a different niche than current frames, and a little more emphasis on hunting rather than support.

(Just realized I nekro'd a thread, oh well, since I am trying to make a concept for a frame named Artemis, it was nice to see someone else's idea.)

Thanks for the feedback. I think I might actually change a thing or two about the ult. Right now it's a bit too close to Volt's speed. I might remove the speed buffs, and make it give punch-through and enemy highlighting instead. Might remove the cower effect as well.

I like the concept.  We need a new stealth frame that's female +1

A few nitpicks/gripes:

-2 ability is too short duration for my taste, but that is taste,

-I'd want assurance that her 4 didn't interfere with weapon's regular proc.

-Love the 3, but wouldn't something like "Field Pack" be more apropos for a name?  Bivouac seems more of a permanent camp than a refuel drop.

-The defenses are too well rounded/average, no significant strengths or weaknesses

For the stealth duration; she benefits from duration on all her abilities, so it being short at base shouldn't be too much of an issue. One alternative would be to make it act similarly to Itzal's ability; a longer duration, but you move slower while camouflaged. Probably make it act similarly to Ember's ult; initial casting cost, then energy drained over time, up to a maximum duration.

Of course it won't stop other procs.

Bivouac means temporary shelter, more or less, so it should be fine as a name.

I don't really see an issue with rounded defenses. If it is, I'd give 100 shields, 150 health, 100 armor, which gives it relatively low shields without being too weak in that area (she's not meant to be truly squishy).

For the stealth duration; she benefits from duration on all her abilities, so it being short at base shouldn't be too much of an issue. One alternative would be to make it act similarly to Itzal's ability; a longer duration, but you move slower while camouflaged. Probably make it act similarly to Ember's ult; initial casting cost, then energy drained over time, up to a maximum duration.

Of course it won't stop other procs.

Bivouac means temporary shelter, more or less, so it should be fine as a name.

I don't really see an issue with rounded defenses. If it is, I'd give 100 shields, 150 health, 100 armor, which gives it relatively low shields without being too weak in that area (she's not meant to be truly squishy).

I meant those comments as personal taste issues, what I wouldn't like about it if it was released.  I did not mean that any of it was wrong.

The stealth 8s comparable to Ash's with the shorter duration, bonus duration and cheaper cost, but I don't like the way Ash's stealth works, partially for the long animation which will probably be sorted out in U17 with the cast-while-moving thing, and partially because on stealth bonus missions it always feels like I'm having to hide and recast.  Since this seems more like a ranged frame, and again the U17 thing, this'd probably work well.

Bivouac is a temporary encampment, which works, but it gives less of an impression of a supply drop, and more of a sort of sanctuary/frost orb.

My initial thoughts against a rounded defense is that it's somewhere at the line that each of its stats is too good not to mod, but not good enough to afford all the mod slots it'd require, now I realize I'd put in there Vitality, a 1-2 movement mods, and the rest depending on what I'd want to build.

I'm realizing that this frame would make a pretty great sniper though... so I approve even more.