Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nef Rework: What Are You Thinking? (New Design Rant And Calm Suggestions)

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Shorter version

READ THE POST OR YOU WONT UNDERSTAND MY REASONS WHY NEF SHOULD BE IMPROVED AS A SNIPER BOSS 

RANT MODE ON!

THIS! 

zamjwE4.jpg

WHast this? So Nef goes from a Sniper boss to a flying throne? Are we on the same line? are we talking about the same boss or what?

Ok i know i should just wait till we got more info on him to discuss, while that is normally true this design choise is wrong just by the fact its being done! 

I tried to look for Sniper Bossess on video games and guess what? all the bosses i could find where from Metal Gear... yeah "The End", Sniper Wolf and Crying Wolf so far the only sniper bosses i have seen on videogames, still looking.

Most companies when creating bosses for shooters they usually go for the same things: Big gun wielding maniacs, Giant Robots, Savage beast in some cases but its REALLY rare to see a Sniper as a boss, a real sniper. Its mostly due to the fact that fighting a sniper may not be as "Thriling" or "exiting", or maybe they are just too lazy to do anything oout of the norm (You may think im talking about CoD but actually no). 

Now instead of going for what seems like the rarest idea for a Shooter boss (or boss idea in general) you guys cut to the easy way out and put him on a throne, that will probably aid Derf too.

You know who could use a throne on his fight? one that MAY make more sence? SALAD V?! you know the corpus guy who think is better than anyone and has a god conplex? dont you think the first thing he would do to fight the Tenno is to float on his majestic Throne while releasing his newest creation to kill em? while supporting Zanuka from his throne instead of standing out in the open LIKE AN IDIOT!

RANT OVER!

Lets get serious now. Fighting a sniper is more that rainging bullets on a target, like most (if not all) bosses in Warframe are. A well developed Sniper fight is tense, filled with deception, stress and an overall sence of dread. Your not fighting a giant Turkey man with Missiles, Your not fighting some weird robot gods. On this fight there is someone out there, you dont know where but he knows exactly where you are and if you dont track him down quickly many heads will roll. Its like playing cat and mouse, a game of chess where is not about raw firepower but about stay hidden and track your target before he tracks you.

This is why i think Nef should stay as a Sniper, he should be worked on as a Sniper hunting the Tenno.

With the info i have gathered from Derf and Nef art it seems they will fight together, Probably Derf on ground fighting head on the Tenno while Nef supports him from afar with his throne, maybe by Summoning Robotics and giving cover fire of some sort and this is not a bad idea HOWEVER is on whos being executed where the bad ideas go. 

Alad V is the A****** with a god complex who should be flying on a Throne during the fight with Zanuka while Nef should stay as a Sniper.

MY SUGGESTIONS!

Lets face it Alad V's fight is quite stupid in concept, why on jupiter would Alad V be just walking around the stage with the Tenno armed to the brim chasing him? its @(*()$ idiotic and ruins what could be a great character. Im sorry i love Alad's personality but his fight just SCREAMS rushed, like you got Zanuka all well though out with great mechanics, AI and abilities and ont he last second said "Hey! we need an excuse to make his shields invincible! oh i know lets put Alad running around so you have to shoot him first to attack Zanuka!", no meant to insult but thats just how i feel about it. Alad's pressence out in the open defies his purpose.

On Nef we all know Warframe needs more original and challenging bosses (More on the challenging side actually) and a Sniper boss would be a great adition! on the fight Derf could be drifting on his shield attacking the Tenno with high speed movement and a hit and run tactic, distracting them so Nef can take the shot and like most people (including me) have said Nef should wield a Railgun, able to shoot through walls and stuff with great speed and damage but also leaving a trail calling his current location. Nef should be calm and deceaving, standing back  taking shots while Derf goes all energic and speedie taking the Tenno head on, who knows maybe some power combinations. WOuld be a great and challenging combination.

All in all Corpus is in severe need for new bosses, Human ones btw but dont ruin what can potentially be a great dual boss fight with real connection between em (Derf deflects the bullet so it can hit the dodging Tenno, theres a tip) while at the same time use that Throne idea to fix Alad's Fight and redeem him as a character and boss.

Thats my opinion of course. What do YOU think about the new Nef and Derf idea?

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

Whatever makes the boss live longer than 10 (or less) seconds so it wouldn't always be the same crap with golden rhinos flying in with golden boltors blazing all elements imaginable into their poor bodies. Based on what they showed it seems like he will be very protected.

When DE said that Nef Anyo was not going to be a sniper, I got seriously disappointed as well. By looking at the concept art, I thought that platform was going to be used as balconies that would be placed around a map where he would snipe from.

Fighting The End in MGS3 was one of the best boss fights IMO, so any idea of keeping Nef a sniper I'm 100% behind.

When DE said that Nef Anyo was not going to be a sniper, I got seriously disappointed as well. By looking at the concept art, I thought that platform was going to be used as balconies that would be placed around a map where he would snipe from.

Fighting The End in MGS3 was one of the best boss fights IMO, so any idea of keeping Nef a sniper I'm 100% behind.

Im trying to get that pack with all MGS games so i can play that fight DX

But i have seen it and its AWESOME! SO MANY WAYS TO COMPLETE IT!

Whatever makes the boss live longer than 10 (or less) seconds so it wouldn't always be the same crap with golden rhinos flying in with golden boltors blazing all elements imaginable into their poor bodies. Based on what they showed it seems like he will be very protected.

Maybe like the End from MGS 3 where Nef would constantly move if you get too close at high speed, maybe leaving traps, enemies and, on this case, Derf attacking you. 

I agree having the nef & derf fight involve derf harrasing you while nef snipes you sounds a lot better than the vay hek reskin that DE is planning and the flying throne suits alad v's style a lot better than just standing there while you shoot him.

Fighting a sniper has never been fun in any game that has ever existed. The concept itself is unappealing unless you yourself are a sniper.

Have you ever fought against The End on MGS3? or Crying Wolf on MGS4? all of them have diferent aproaches. If you want to try and outsnipe a profecional sniper go for it. I defeated Crying wolf 4 times: Once it was with heat vission and a sniper, another one the same but with a tranquilizer rifle, then with thermal and a machine gun and lastly full one Sniper with no termal or anything. Either way going rambo on her was pretty hard, possible but hard and Outsniping her was pretty entertaining.

Maybe you just had bad experiences with Sniper i supose, failet attempts to pull off a rambo or something. SNiper fights (good ones) are a good change of pace from the traditional shooter, if your not a good sniper, either get better at it or find another way around.

He's probably still a sniper boss. The gun is just on the throne instead.

Then what he will float around and shoot from afar? thats what we do against Hek... thats not a sniper

I don't care about Nef much, I care about Derf.

Either accept the original community design (clumsy tenno fanboy with skanas) or rename him. Making him into some A****** with a disk and a pistol (or whatever that was) is just.. no.

Edited by Shifted

Thread necromancy is a dangerous game... ;)

I'm verdict is out for now.  Sniper boss sounds nice, but he was the worst boss in the game.  I'm open to something new.

Im LEAD NECROMANCER! THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR! Im hoping for the best about Nef. Corpus deserves better.

Either accept the original community design (clumsy tenno fanboy with skanas) or rename him. Making him into some A****** with a disk is and a pistol is just.. no.

That is a pistol? i though it was some kind of Tonfa or inverted blade. 

• 3 weeks later...

This thread needs to be noticed by DE. Seriously.

Also this:

Either accept the original community design (clumsy tenno fanboy with skanas) or rename him. Making him into some A****** with a disk and a pistol (or whatever that was) is just.. no.

+1.

Don't defile Derf.

So is the gameplay mechanics confirmed for Nef Anyo already? Are certain he'll no longer be a sniper? Because his gun chamber slides around his Magnetic (he drops Mag parts) throne and it looks like a heavy powered sniper chamber to me. it could be something else as well.

I look forward to fighting him and Derf.