Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missing Weapons

VKhaun

Please note: I'm being careful to distinguish this from "Fan Concepts". This is weapon feedback, meant to point out gaps in available categories and common playstyles within the genre that have not yet been explored. NOT specific weapons or concepts, though examples of concepts for each missing type may be linked as examples.

Take laser-guided projectile as an example. You could have Guardians of the Galaxy style laser guided arrow shot from a bow, someone else could say a missile that's laser guided, someone else could say a little attack drone or an infested critter chasing it like a laser pointer! All fan concepts. What goes on the list is "laser-guided projectiles".

Rifles:
The "Gamer's AK" low RoF high powered assault rifle. Buzlok!

Shotguns:

Shell-by-shell reloading auto / semi / pump shotgun.

Burst Shotguns.

Pistols:

Heavier throwing weapons (Charged?). (1)

'Standard' pistol like Lato. Just a good 'ole 15-20 round semi-auto hitscan.(1)

Melee:

Three Section Staff (1)

True Polearms, one-ended. (1)(2)

1h Thrusting weapons (1)(2)

Lance (Could fit into 1h Thrusting if you tennofied it? Not the same as a True Polearm IMO)

Nunchaku / Dual Nunchaku

Weapon + Chain Coming: Weapon design contest winner infested Mios.

Hammer 1h / dual variants. (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/145879-tenno-kanabo-weapon-design/'>1)

Katana w/ wakizashi, or dual katana. (Presumed to be unique from dual swords. Wrong?)

Whip (/flexible) 2h / Dual variants. (Meteor Hammer?)

Fighting Fans

Categories:

SMG's.

Weapons that feel "HEAVY". Opticor!

Stats:
Gas based weapon

Magnetic based weapon (not counting a few non-standard melee attacks). Gammacor!

Mechanics:

Homing weapons. Buzlok!

Dividing projectiles.

Recharging % based ammo / heat management.
Reloading individual rounds or partial magazines.
Reverse recoil / bloom, stabilizing over time.
Effects caused by reloading +/- conditions.
Laser-guided.
Firing critters or bots with A.I. of their own.
Staged charging / Multiple charging (1) (Mega Man X buster. Charge, holds a bit, then charges again to stage 2 and so on.)
Second Effect on Trigger Release. (1)
A weapon which launches/deploys other weapons, turrets or guns.

Platforms / Rig's
Arm mounted Gammacor!
Body Mounted (Shoulder, thigh, codpiece, etc.)
SMG's

Playstyles
Old Gorgon. Accurate semi for singles, auto for spray with either a forgiving bloom or an indication to the player of when it's good to fire singles again without gaining accuracy bloom. -Although it has trajectory and abysmal stats all around, I must say that the Kohm is pretty darn close to this... I only don't cross it out for now because of fall off.

Dealing damage to irregularly shaped areas. Irregular shapes that are projected forward, cylinders like really wide beams. etc.

Ranged weapons with added melee. Bayonets or Pistol + CCW.

Concepts bin

Railgun (1) (Velocitus doesn't count until it's made hitscan.)

Sound based weapon

One handed axe. - Machette?

Sai 1h / dual - Daggers?

Sickle 1h / dual - Swords? Daggers?

Falcata - Sword / Dagger?

Gladius - Sword / Dagger? Possibly thrusting weapon.

Flail / Mace - Whip / Machette, depending on chain length.

Spears - 1h = Thrusting category, 2h = true polearm

Wind and Fire Wheels = Fist / Dual Daggers

Bolo Launcher

Particle Beam Sniper

Heat Ray

Original Post:

I always see random threads pop up "Why don't we have a such-and-such?" and so I went looking for a master list tonight, but didn't see one, so I figured I'd make one in WEAPON FEEDBACK rather than fan concepts because the topic speaks to gaps in selection, rather than any one specific concept. Playstyles we're missing, categories for stances. I admit it's a fine line.

I started with just what I'd seen around tonight and what came off the top of my head. Please feel free to suggest others or point out well made threads and I'll edit the above list with additional entries and links.

Edited by VKhaun

Well... I just hope we will get more gore, death animations and stuff in first place.

Also, sword+chain means chainsword? Without chainsaw, chainsword, chainfist, chainaxe, your list is useless.

Edited by Dansilent

Well... I just hope we will get more gore, death animations and stuff in first place.

Also, sword+chain means chainsword? Without chainsaw, chainsword, chainfist, chainaxe, your list is useless.

No. Those would all just be sword/machette/fist weapons etc. 

Sword = Chain means an actual chain attached to the handle of the sword and spun around while fighting. Infested Mios was the suggestion that won.

the karak feels like a ak47 no ? simple weapon but purposeful with no fancy crits/status just base dmg 

also lets not forget the kusarigama (weighted end chain & sickle) we have the whip weapons but lets face it they are a different type of weapon

maybe the animation is too hard or time consuming ?

kusarigama is THE ninja type weapon, id put it above ninjato/swords, right along side shuriken

also javelins - as a thrown melee

energy javelin or technocyte javelin that can reform in your hands from a generation device after every time u throw one

Rifles:

The "Gamer's AK" low RoF high powered assault rifle.

Shotguns:

Shell-by-shell reloading auto / semi / pump shotgun.

Pistols:

Heavier throwing weapons. (1)

Melee:

True Polearms, one-ended. (1)

1h Thrusting weapons (1)

Nunchaku

Tonfa (Coming: Weapon design contest winner.)

Sword + Chain (Coming: Weapon design contest winner.)

Hammer 1h / dual (1)

Katana w/ wakizashi, or dual katana.

Whip, dual / 2h

Themes:

Cold based weapon (Coming: Corpus Freeze Ray)

Gas based weapon

Magnetic based weapon (Not counting a few non-standard melee attacks)

Railgun (1)

Platforms / Rig's
Arm mounted
Body Mounted (Shoulder, thigh, codpiece, etc.)

Playstyles
Old Gorgon. Accurate semi for singles, auto for spray with either a forgiving bloom or an indication to the player of when it's good to fire again without gaining accuracy bloom.

Dealing damage to irregularly shaped areas. Lines that are projected forward, cylinders like really wide beams. etc.

Concepts bin

Sound based weapon

One handed axe. - Machette?

Sai 1h / dual - Daggers?

Sickle 1h / dual - Swords?

Falcata - Sword / Dagger?

Gladius - Sword / Dagger?

Flail / Mace - Whip / Machette, depending on chain length.

Spears - 1h = Thrusting category, 2h = true polearm

I always see random threads pop up "Why don't we have a such-and-such?" and so I went looking for a master list tonight, but didn't see one, so I figured I'd make one in WEAPON FEEDBACK rather than fan concepts because the topic speaks to gaps in selection, rather than any one specific concept. Playstyles we're missing, categories for stances. I admit it's a fine line.

I started with just what I'd seen around tonight and what came off the top of my head. Please feel free to suggest others or point out well made threads and I'll edit the above list with additional entries and links.

Most Recent Edit:

6/13 6:00AM EST

Going through this thread looking for holes and examples:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/144434-new-fan-concepts-index/

Well hi there first, if i read that i think some pplz are making some serious thoughs about all this stuff here. Be seriously i think we get to much hightech stuff and overpewered sh..t. An example would be the Ogris, Pentar or Angstrum that arent ninjalike weapons and they are realy anoying. As for me i am used to get into meele fighting like crazy but if someone with one of that weapons join the team its like being completly useless or being pressured into gunfights but you dont stand a chance against some random explosive shots.

But i like the idea of dual Katanas, or dual ninja swords since a katana is more like a samuraj weapon. Well i love the nikana and if you are right about the tonfa coming up i would love to use them to. Since explosion damage on blunt meele weapons just rocks XD. i dont know if a GM would read that here or not but i hope they keep up the good work. But at least save us dumb stuff like Nova and that masskilling weapons since its just not fun to play like that. but +1 for the tonfa XD

I posted a topic about it some days ago, I don´t know if this ideas get further but it is fun  to imagine, this was my suggestion https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/246777-would-you-like-a-top-tier-revolver/#entry2863987

Anyway the melee tonfa and chain sword are very cool ideas and I would be happy to see them in game.

+1 to the topic because we can gather here the ideas of the players in the weapon feedback.

Lanka is a railgun. It's not what most people think of when they think "railgun", but technically speaking, it is one.

Also, I believe the Amprex was originally supposed to be a freeze ray and was changed to electric because... that's just what Corpus weapons do, apparently.

Lanka is a railgun. It's not what most people think of when they think "railgun", but technically speaking, it is one.

Also, I believe the Amprex was originally supposed to be a freeze ray and was changed to electric because... that's just what Corpus weapons do, apparently.

Actually the Lanka is a coil gun not a rail gun.

But I notice  a serious lack of chain swords and other chain variants on the list. (And yes chain weapon would be there own category and not just be classed as sword ect as they are used in a distinctly different way from there basic counterparts)

Not sure how to word the semi-auto pistol one concisely. I guess technically Lato / Aklato are your semi-auto 'standard' pistols, they're also the noobie weapons. If MK1-Braton were the only standard accurate assault rifle no one would be okay with that, because we're clearly meant to drop the noobie guns and leave them behind. In my mind they don't count as part of our selection. Everything you can get to move forward from Lato/Aklato is either using much smaller magazines, is non-hitscan, very slow, or some combination thereof. 

That's a slippery slope I guess, as then people could claim anything with low stats isn't part of the selection, but I would argue that only noobie weapos are INTENDED to be passed up. I don't think the devs sat down and designed Miter to be a piece of crap, it just needs adjustments they haven't found time to make yet.

So, yeah... TL;DR: Standard semi-auto pistol added to the list.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Melee Category (ones not currently on the list)

Kusarigama

Chakram

Wind and Fire wheels

Firearm Category

-Bolo Launcher (Think Bulletstorm's Flailgun)

-Particle Beam Sniper (really short beam duration, high powered beam)

-Particle Beam Shotgun

-Explosive Plasma Launcher

-Heat seeking weaponry

-Self-stabilizing weaponry (think machine gun with a lot of kick at first, but reduces its kick as it fires)

-Heat ray

-Delayed sticky explosives

-Napalm Launcher

-Impact-based 6-shot grenade launcher

-Laser guided weapons

-Something like the Cerebral Bore from Turok 2

-A weapon that doubles as a machine gun and a meat grinder (we're looking at you, Perfect Dark reaper)

-An explosive weapon that delivers cluster bombs

-An infested weapon that fires off homing creatures that burrow into the enemy's skin and explode

-Ludicrous charged-shot homing weapons

Edited by Vaskadar

Melee Category (ones not currently on the list)

Kusarigama - Can't believe I didn't put Infested Mios up there.

Chakram - Glaive etc.

Wind and Fire wheels - ...eh... iffy... but I'm going to call it a fist weapon. I know it would be used totally differently, but that new stance would be a fist weapon stance. The damage type being slash would fix the rest. If it punched people like a Furax it would sitll do slash damage. If a Furax used a slashy stance made for these it would just look like bashing people with the sides and the damage would still be impact. If you think it should be EXTREMELY slashy/pokey/cutty, then it'd just be a dual dagger. :/

Firearm Category

-Bolo Launcher (Think Bulletstorm's Flailgun) - Concept IMO.

-Particle Beam Sniper (really short beam duration, high powered beam) - Lanka / Concept

-Particle Beam Shotgun - What makes it a shotgun if it's firing beams? Might be a missing weapon. Please elaborate.

-Explosive Plasma Launcher - have launchers.

-Heat seeking weaponry - Homing stuff... k... adding.

-Self-stabilizing weaponry (think machine gun with a lot of kick at first, but reduces its kick as it fires) - Reverse recoil mechanic. Nice. Adding.

-Heat ray - ray weapons are in already.

-Delayed sticky explosives - Stug.

-Napalm Launcher - Launchers are in.

-Impact-based 6-shot grenade launcher - Concept / nade launcers are in.

-Laser guided weapons - Laser guided stuff. Yup. Adding.

-Something like the Cerebral Bore from Turok 2 - Concept / @(*()$ awesome concept.

-A weapon that doubles as a machine gun and a meat grinder (we're looking at you, Perfect Dark reaper) - concept / melee+range mix.

-An explosive weapon that delivers cluster bombs - Dividing projectiles. Added.

-An infested weapon that fires off homing creatures that burrow into the enemy's skin and explode. Concept / @(*()$ awesome concept.

-Ludicrous charged-shot homing weapons - concept / charged weapon / homing weapon.

^notes.

Why does this link not work?

Melee:

True Polearms, one-ended. (1)(2)

1h Thrusting weapons (1)

Nunchaku

Weapon + Chain (Coming: Weapon design contest winner infested Mios.)

Hammer 1h / dual variants. (1)

Katana w/ wakizashi, or dual katana. (Presumed to be unique from dual swords. Wrong?)

Whip (/flexible) 2h / Dual variants.

Hammer 1h / dual variants. ([url=https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/145879-tenno-kanabo-weapon-design/]1[/url])
Edited by VKhaun

I think that the game needs really Heavy primary weapon (some sort of minigun).
Nowadays almost everyone use soma,boltor prime, paris prime.
We could get at least one Ultra heavy weapon with long wind up time, something like supra or gorgon , but much,much bigger with higher dmg and balanced ammo economy, basically something what people could use on long runs (almost everytime i  run out of ammunition cause lvl 100+ require almost full magazine clip to kill). This weapon could overheat or something to balance it.
It could be rank 9 or 10+ to be end game stuff.

Also dubstep weapon, which goes under sound based

Wubframe, am I right?

On topic, I view the Soma as the gamer's AK you mentioned, OP. Probably the curved magazine that's making me think it.

Edited by Dualice

Really like this list; a lot of the ideas would be fun.

One I would like to see done is a thermal lance type weapon. Think Ignis, but a much narrower, more directed beam.

I'd love to see a lot more weapons with secondary fire. Despite its looks, and the Mutalist Quanta being pretty terrible, the Quanta is a lot of fun because of its secondary fire.

Some melee/firearm combo weapons would be cool. Primary fire to use, secondary to switch it between firearm and melee mode.