Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mini-Boss Idea] The Acolytes - Vor's Reanimated Brethren

OniDax

Here's a concept I thought about and put together today, revolving around the new Vor and his dialogue. So he's in the Void, and he starts saying "Brethren/Brothers, didn't I say... blah blah blah". I didn't understand who he was talking too. The dialogue seemed meant for the Grineer doubters, but he has no audience. So I thought, "What if he brought some personal Grineer guards along with him, transporting them with the power of the Void?". So I set out to put together a concept of a personal Vor force.

c1pg.png
u9ns.png

But then I thought that just a regular Grineer force would be kind of boring. So I changed the concept of the Vor-loyal Grineer personal body guards to be reanimated corpses of fallen Grineer who were loyal to Vor. These special Grineer would appear up in T1, T2, and T3 Void missions in groups of two to four with similar stats as the Harvester (meaning they're difficult for low level players, a challenge for medium level players, and fairly easy for veteran/high level players). Their armor is of an Orokin-Grineer hybrid nature, similar to Vor's Seer pistol. They would appear as frequently as Vor, but with the chance to appear more than once during a mission.

f1b5.png

6ym.png

The point of these units is to provide a sort of Vor-presence in the T1-T3 Void missions, and lore-wise, to serve as a greater indicator of Vor's new found connection with the Void. I've named these units the Acolytes. These units would speak English, like Vor, and would frequently have taunts that would praise Vor (basically saying something similar to Vor's taunt, about how he's immortal, the Lotus an imposter and false prophet, etc).

• "Tenno, only the blessed Vor is Pure!"
  • "You are a trespasser. Vor and the Void are one!"
  • "Vor is reborn!"
  • "The false prophet will perish with you!"
  • "You will not desecrate this place!"
  • "Vor is the true prophet! Only Vor knows the secrets of the Void!"
  • "No one can stop the power of Vor!"
  • "Vor is eternal! Vor is everlasting! Vor is forever!"
  • "We are bound to the Void. We are bound to Vor!"

Upon death:

• "We are but flesh. You will never destroy Vor."
  • "We have failed, but Vor will reclaim us."
  • "Our deaths are only a temporary victory, Tenno. Vor will prevail."

9ume.png

j7s4.png

These units would have the ability to teleport in the same way as Vor (glowing Void energy effect when disappearing and appearing). There would be two types of Acolytes:

The first version would use a Seer pistol which's projectiles would be the gold Void energy (energy-based Seer pistol).

The second would use an Orokin-Grineer hybrid version of the Amphis. It would also be energized with Vor's gold Void energy.

Vor's gold energy effects would also be a sort of aura around the Acolytes.

es7s.png

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Modified. Thought about doing some funky stuff with Gmod, but I didn't bother trying. Just decided to work up some custom textures. It was easier than drawing out a concept.

The idea is that Vor has hijacked the Void at every level so that his presence isn't resigned to just T4 missions. There's something of Vor for the lower level players who might not be strong enough to do T4 missions.

i know i may seem needy for this comment but ive tried so hard to rip captain vor on his original skeleton from warframe and every time i fail miserably so ive given up but this looks so cool that i have to ask can you rip vor put him in gmod with his original skeletal structure (not putting him on valve skeleton) and then send him to me ill give you a lifes worth of credit and this model shows you have alot more talent than me and i would love it if you could do me this favor but you dont have to if you dont want to 

p.s. this is optional but can you maybe add a lancer (body grouped with mask) and heavy gunner to  :)

PEACE BRO

Edited by XKILLERRECONZX

The Amphis... it's beautiful...

Ahem. Anyway. I like the look of the dead Grineer although they could maaaaybe use a little more Orokin enhancement (I see the white and gold plate, but I'd not call that much of an enhancement unless it gives the teleportation). I love the look of the Amphis but I do think the Seer they use could be something like a Viper with Orokin enhancement instead of Captain Vor's personal pistol.

i know i may seem needy for this comment but ive tried so hard to rip captain vor on his original skeleton from warframe and every time i fail miserably so ive given up but this looks so cool that i have to ask can you rip vor put him in gmod with his original skeletal structure (not putting him on valve skeleton) and then send him to me ill give you a lifes worth of credit and this model shows you have alot more talent than me and i would love it if you could do me this favor but you dont have to if you dont want to 

p.s. this is optional but can you maybe add a lancer (body grouped with mask) and heavy gunner to  :)

PEACE BRO

Sorry, I don't do GMOD. I would if I knew how, but I don't really have the time to go that far. Now, if anyone else wants to put these in GMOD, they're welcome to do so.

• 9 months later...