Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Event Idea: Secrets Of The Void

Cobalt313

This kind of ties in with an older thread I made concerning the idea of a new Warframe or two that was only available in Prime form, but I had an idea for a new event that I think would be a good way to introduce them.

The idea may need some adjusting, but it's basically this:

You know how Void maps sometimes spawn with those odd parkour/laser gauntlet rooms off the main path you can take for random loot and bragging rights? Ever think all that protection seemed a bit excessive for a few boxes of Affinity and credits?

Let's say they ended in something more... unique. Let's say there was a door behind all of those crates. A very special door, like some kind of vault door. The sort of door that can be only opened by those worthy (such as yourself) and would probably tell . Behind this door is not your average room, either; this one seems a lot more ornate, lots of prominent gold trim, fancy statuary, and this really ornate looking box thing on a pedestal in the center.

While you're admiring the architecture Lotus calls you. She says you need to get out of there quickly and take that relic with you, and judging by her tone of voice and the fact your objective just changed to the extraction point it seems she doesn't mean that lightly. Not one to disobey orders, you pick up the artifact and make your way to the extraction point. So far nothing else out of the ordinary, until you make it back out of the gauntlet...

Suddenly you hear a strange sound coming from overhead. What is that? Bells? A gong? Drums of some sort? Whatever it is, it seems to be whipping the local Corrupted into a frenzy. That golden light on their face-plates has turned red and they're behaving unusually aggressive- they're not taking cover, attacking from a distance like they usually do, or even bothering to aim; they're just going all banzai and swarming you like maniacs. If that weren't enough, those hidden defenses- lasers, turrets, and whatnot that usually stay inert until you step on a pressure plate- have all turned on. At once. Whatever you just took must have been pretty important.

By this point you're probably doing the logical thing and running like a maniac for the exit, skimming past enemies in your way by whatever means you have. If you're not, don't worry, Lotus will probably remind you a few times that staying and fighting is a bad idea and you need to skedaddle. If that won't convince you Stalker might even chime in, calling you out on your "blasphemy" and claiming you need to be punished. Just what the heck did you steal? Oh look, there's extraction. Looks like you're about to find out...

Mission complete, excellent work Tenno, yada yada let's look at rewards. Prime Warframe part! Nice! Which one is it?

...er, seriously, which one is it? You're pretty sure you've never seen that name before...

TL;DR:

New event where Void maps can spawn with hidden vaults at the end of gauntlet rooms. The vault is locked and can only be opened when all players in the mission have reached it. Players must also be above a certain Mastery level; if one or more is too low, a mysterious voice will alert the team that they cannot pass and the door will not open. Inside the vault is an Orokin artifact that you must carry to extraction for a reward; this objective overrides any previous objectives you may have had (so this probably won't happen on endless missions like Defense or Survival). Upon collecting the artifact, Corrupted enemies become more aggressive; their ranged attacks become considerably less accurate and they will attempt to overwhelm you with swarm tactics. Additionally, all Tower stationary defenses will activate regardless of previous trigger conditions. Stalker may also have an increased chance to appear if you stay on the map for an extended period of time. If you can make it to extraction under these conditions, you will be rewarded with a part to a lost Prime Warframe- not just a Primed version of an existing Warframe, but a Prime warframe for which there is no "normal" version. I haven't exactly nailed down the details of what Frame this would be, but it would necessarily be very powerful and possibly demonstrate abilities above that expected of normal Tenno technology, being made using lost Orokin tech that had not been replicated.

Possible new Lotus lines for the event:

-Attempting to open the Vault with one or more players below required Mastery:

???: "You are not worthy... return when you are stronger..."

Lotus: "This ancient Orokin vault was designed to be opened only to those of the (rank here) status. It is possible to achieve that title if you continue your training, but until then I'm afraid there is no way to open this door. Continue with your current mission objective.

-Upon discovering the Orokin Relic:

"How is this possible? Tenno, I need you to bring me that Relic. Disregard any previous objectives and get to

extraction."

"This can't be... Change of plans, Tenno. Grab that Relic and get to extraction."

"Your mission has changed, Tenno. You must get that Relic and bring it to the extraction point. This could be the

most important discovery we've made in centuries."

-Said randomly when fighting enemies while carrying the Relic:

"There is nothing in this Tower more important than that Relic you carry. Take it to the extraction point and get out of

here."

"You cannot win this fight, Tenno. I need you to reach the extraction point with the Relic and your life."

"Do not engage, Tenno. The Neural Sentry will do everything in its power to stop you from leaving with the Relic. You

must not let it succeed."

UPDATE: Possible candidate for event reward Warframe: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/250791-achronus-prime-yet-another-time-controller-frame/

Edited by Cobalt313

You mean spoilers, like this?

Try the word "spoiler" in brackets, and then "/spoiler" in brackets at the end.

That aside, I do wish that DE would expand on the parkour rooms. I love doing them (much to my friends' dismay), but they feel incomplete when all you get is some credits or an "uncommon" mod that really is rather common. I did get a few rare mods from them that were nice, but there isn't a major incentive to run them which is why most people skip looking for them.

Your idea is cool, but I think that (for the sake of making it too easy to obtain), such a room would have to be limited to higher level Void (T3 minimum?) and probably have its own, more challenging course. Because let's face it, some of them are really easy, to the point of boring (looking at that room with the 2 or 3 levels of platforms and the laser plates that move back and forth on the ground. Not even a timer to block off the loot).

EDIT: Someone beat me to it. Added the reply to the actual topic that I meant to include but hit post too soon as well.

Edited by FalseIncarnate

Now beyond playing with spoilers, I think this idea is a good one. However I do think that the solo only objective is... excessive. Perhaps this, instead of a solo only requirement, make each vault objective different, with a dozen or so variances. For example, you need to fulfill a certain blood tithe to enter the vault by having each player kill say, twenty enemies. Or on the more creative side you might have to push four buttons in a certain order to fulfill the tithe. Anyway, I think this idea would be much more function if it emphasized team play instead of discouraging it. Warframe is a co-op focused game after all.

You mean spoilers, like this?

Try the word "spoiler" in brackets, and then "/spoiler" in brackets at the end.

That aside, I do wish that DE would expand on the parkour rooms. I love doing them (much to my friends' dismay), but they feel incomplete when all you get is some credits or an "uncommon" mod that really is rather common. I did get a few rare mods from them that were nice, but there isn't a major incentive to run them which is why most people skip looking for them.

Your idea is cool, but I think that (for the sake of making it too easy to obtain), such a room would have to be limited to higher level Void (T3 minimum?) and probably have its own, more challenging course. Because let's face it, some of them are really easy, to the point of boring (looking at that room with the 2 or 3 levels of platforms and the laser plates that move back and forth on the ground. Not even a timer to block off the loot).

EDIT: Someone beat me to it. Added the reply to the actual topic that I meant to include but hit post too soon as well.

Yeah, I kinda figured these rooms would only appear on T2-3. I did kinda plan for them to be at the end of more challenging gauntlets- an elusive laser-based one I discovered during a Tower II Exterminate and failed due to falling off the map comes to mind- but I kinda meant for the challenge to be as much in getting out of the Tower with the frenzied Corrupted on your tail as it was in finding the Vault to begin with.

Now beyond playing with spoilers, I think this idea is a good one. However I do think that the solo only objective is... excessive. Perhaps this, instead of a solo only requirement, make each vault objective different, with a dozen or so variances. For example, you need to fulfill a certain blood tithe to enter the vault by having each player kill say, twenty enemies. Or on the more creative side you might have to push four buttons in a certain order to fulfill the tithe. Anyway, I think this idea would be much more function if it emphasized team play instead of discouraging it. Warframe is a co-op focused game after all.

True. The Solo-only thing was actually not my idea initially, but one of my clan members suggested it partly to make it more challenging to obtain (swarms of crazed Corrupted pose a bit more of a threat when you're facing them alone) and mostly to discourage less-skilled players piggy-backing their way to the Vaults and the new Warframe.

Perhaps if the Vault only opened when all players in the cell reached the door, kinda like how those double-lock doors need 2 players normally but can still open to a solo player? That way everyone has to have good enough parkour skills to benefit from the rewards of the Vault. And what about a small Mastery requirement? Like if a player below a certain Mastery level reaches the door and tries to open it, it just tells them in a cryptic voice that they aren't worthy and must return when they are stronger.

Read that in George Takei's voice and you will understand the depth of that good idea.

Added that idea to the post proper. Btw mind posting an example of the voice you had in mind? I tried searching George Takei on Youtube and none of the results so far seemed like what you would have meant.

this would be an excellent location for https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/242865-void-guardian-statues-mob-and-maybe-boss/ with the three of them facing inwards towards the relic once you pic it up they activate and the doors lock. the only way out kill the three of them

That or they start coming out of hidden wall hatches while you're trying to escape.

Or perhaps you have to beat them to make the artifact appear...

Edited by Cobalt313

Added that idea to the post proper. Btw mind posting an example of the voice you had in mind? I tried searching George Takei on Youtube and none of the results so far seemed like what you would have meant.

Oh my... He was on the original star trek. He also has appeared in the big bang theory for cameos. For are younger people he was also the voice of ricardio on adventure time and quite a few other things. His voice would not work though, people would laugh too much. Maybe something like the seraph guardians merchant from BL2 would work.

Oh my... He was on the original star trek. He also has appeared in the big bang theory for cameos. For are younger people he was also the voice of ricardio on adventure time and quite a few other things. His voice would not work though, people would laugh too much. Maybe something like the seraph guardians merchant from BL2 would work.

I just remember characters more than their (voice) actors most of the time. I probably have heard his voice before, just didn't have that name specifically attached to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea :) love it the way newbies can't get the new prime, even better if there was no prime access to skip past it! +1

Definitely no Prime Access; especially considering how relatively easy it would be to get this guy's parts (all Relics are guaranteed to be an Achronus part) Prime Access would be unnecessary. Heck, there probably wouldn't be any official coverage on what exactly is in the Vaults until the update after the one this was introduced in.

• 5 months later...