Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions On Saryn's Contagion

MageMeat

It does add a significant amount of extra damage but its uses are limited. I'd like to see it toggleable just so its less situational.

Then again, that wouldn't make it much different then channeling. Guess its can bypass any energy inefficiency you have from channeling mods though. 

I'd like to see it get some love.

IMO, she needs 3 new skills.

I've never understood why so many people think Saryn needs an overhaul.

She could use some love for sure, but I have no problem using venom for higher level stuff. The viral procs are pretty useful against any type of grineer and venom can help clear a room effectively. Its only her first skill so eventually its going to start to be less effective.

Shed is extremely useful as a good escape and distraction skill for reviving team mates and is useful when going sword alone. 

Contagion would work better if it became dual whips like God of War's Kratos' Chaos Blades.  You get maybe a total of five swings, or it last up to 10 seconds max, but it overrides all your weapons until the time runs out.

Or not. I thought it would be neat.

Contagion would work better if it became dual whips like God of War's Kratos' Chaos Blades.  You get maybe a total of five swings, or it last up to 10 seconds max, but it overrides all your weapons until the time runs out.

Or not. I thought it would be neat.

That would look cool but it would make it even more situational.

I've never understood why so many people think Saryn needs an overhaul.

She could use some love for sure, but I have no problem using venom for higher level stuff. The viral procs are pretty useful against any type of grineer and venom can help clear a room effectively. Its only her first skill so eventually its going to start to be less effective.

Shed is extremely useful as a good escape and distraction skill for reviving team mates and is useful when going sword alone. 

Most people only care about fast, Big number skills.

So anything that doesn't murder the crap out of everything as soon as you hit the button is most likely seen as broken.

So anything that doesn't murder the crap out of everything as soon as you hit the button is most likely seen as broken.

And thats the heart of the problem right there. If a wep/skill isn't one shotting a room of lvl 40 heavy gunners it must be terrible.

Personally, I'd rather a challenge. If any thing stays alive long enough then most frames skills that don't revolve around room clearing are very useful.

And thats the heart of the problem right there. If a wep/skill isn't one shotting a room of lvl 40 heavy gunners it must be terrible.

Personally, I'd rather a challenge. If any thing stays alive long enough then most frames skills that don't revolve around room clearing are very useful.

I happen to agree with you. The push 4 to win fever made this game a hellish place for DoT frames.

But as much as it pains me to say, this post and many others like it won't make DE listen to the minority of players that just want a buff or two and not a overhaul of the frame. Thats if they even get around to her at all.

I happen to agree with you. The push 4 to win fever made this game a hellish place for DoT frames.

But as much as it pains me to say, this post and many others like it won't make DE listen to the minority of players that just want a buff or two and not a overhaul of the frame. Thats if they even get around to her at all.

We can only hope it does. 

The problem is those big number kills is the most efficient way to play.  Anything else raises you chance of blowing Rez tokens.  Or if you're stuck soloing, failing the mission outright.

The problem is those big number kills is the most efficient way to play.  Anything else raises you chance of blowing Rez tokens.  Or if you're stuck soloing, failing the mission outright.

Not necessarily. Personally I use ults as an "Oh S#&$!" or "I'm feeling lazy" button for the most part.

They have their place. But its the spamming of them for no other reason then ranking up kills that can screw a team if your out of energy when its actually needed. Its not efficient to use them literally every opportunity you get.

Contagion is actually pretty much balanced.  It's just when compared to other imbalanced skills it seems sub par.  It's basically a free Fever strike, and u can still use another fever strike on top of that.  Could maybe do with a duration buff, or a energy cost reduction or something.

It is really good with dual ichors against corpus as well.  For those that don't know, Toxin damage bypasses shields entirely.

Edited by Joocyfroot