Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Symbiote/predator Turret Sentinel

dragonboss

I'd like to see a symbiotic style sentinel that doesn't hover above your head. Basically the warframe version of what Predators have as default.

Name: Symbiote

Concept Art:

My primitive impression:

So with my primitive Gimp skills, I have come up with these:

t4DESbg.jpg

This could either swivel around on an arm to reach around the other side of the warframe's head, or could preferably have a constrained angle of movement (e.g. have an ~90° blind spot where the warframe head is)

RfdIsEE.jpg

KOVRmwl.jpg

I used Saryn cause she has the most odd shoulder area and i was wondering how it would work when the attached Kama gave me the idea.

A real artist's impression:

OmYMrgm.jpg

Xfmkngs.jpg

kR3sYtf.jpg

Stats

Health: 100

Shield: 100

Armour: 100

Stamina: 100

Weapon

Plasma Turret - Similar to the railgun moa, but with a much shorter charge time, energy projectile and a very small AoE radius.* Damage= x ≥ 10, x ≤ 35

Abilities:

Mutualism(passive) - Adds a percentage of it's health and shield to the host warframe. 10/20/30/40/50/60 %

Survival Instinct - Converts all energy into a protective shield upon death, shield lasts for 1/2/3/4/4.5/5 seconds.**

Protector(optional) - Attacks enemies only after they have attacked.***

Advantages: Only dies when warframe is about to die.

Prevents enemy one-shots and increases general survivability.

Disadvantages: Has fewer customisation options than other sentinels.****

Not very good for crowd control.

I'd like to know what my fellow Forumers(is this a word? lol) think of this, and let's be constructive please.

* AoE should at least be able to hit a max of maybe 3 closely grouped enemies, but with extreme damage falloff the further from the center of the shot.

** Not sure whether total immunity would be too abusable and would essentially turn any frame into pre-U7 Rhino Iron Skin. Duration could be reduced, but 5 seconds is not long

*** This is something all sentinels do anyway right?

**** In my vision of the sentinel, the turret would be over one shoulder, and would take up the slot for either left or right sentinel wing.

EDIT: Added art for concept

Edited by dragonboss

This is a super good idea. I don't see a lot of Sentinel threads in general, so it's nice to see such a strong idea.

I might draw some concept art for this if you are amenable to that.

Wouldn't it block your view when you switched shoulders?

Provided it has a sufficiently low profile it shouldn't be an issue. Alternatively it could be programmed to switch to the opposite shoulder in response.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Create an animation where it crawls along your back onto your other shoulder when switching shoulder cams.

Sentinels already wiggle left and right, so it can't be too hard to do.

Edited by Ailith

This is a super good idea. I don't see a lot of Sentinel threads in general, so it's nice to see such a strong idea.

I might draw some concept art for this if you are amenable to that.

That'd be awesome, you have my thanks in advance

I would like for the turret to take up one sentinel wing attachment slot, so you can change the shoulder it is on. About the switching view sides...

Create an animation where it crawls along your back onto your other shoulder when switching shoulder cams.

Sentinels already wiggle left and right, so it can't be too hard to do.

^This could be a fix for that, though it would require a bit of work.

I have always wanted to wear shade like a backpack.

It seems to me, there was some fanart of Mag (I think) wearing shade like a hat, that was awesome XD

Shade as a backpack, shade as a hat, wyrm as a scarf, dethcube as a....rubix cube? lol

Question related to art. Do you see it as a biological Sentinel like Wyrm, Djinn and Shade or more technological like Dethcube?

I'd say something of a hybrid, but definitely more to the technological side(i.e the turret part has to look very technological, and the rest of it could look a bit like the Harness from Falling Skies, except not as long)

If possible, could you do concepts for the three? Tech, organic and hybrid?

Edited by dragonboss

Love the idea of non hovering sentinel. Still the name symbiote creeps me out. I hope it doasn't take over my Tenno.

Haha, no, it won't, it's just the term for a beneficial relationship between two organisms in which they both benefit.

So with my primitive Gimp skills, I have come up with these:

t4DESbg.jpg

This could either swivel around on an arm to reach around the other side of the warframe's head, or could preferably have a constrained angle of movement (e.g. have an ~90° blind spot where the warframe head is)

RfdIsEE.jpg

KOVRmwl.jpg

I used Saryn cause she has the most odd shoulder area and i was wondering how it would work when the attached Kama gave me the idea.

Painfully WIP, but I thought I'd post my progress so you can see what I'm thinking. I also wanted something to show since I probably won't get back to it until monday.

OmYMrgm.jpg

As you can see these versions do have both slots for wings. I thought it looked good but I can edit it if you strongly disagree.

The top two are the same version, an animation light sentinel that cheats a bit by sticking to the back and having the head wag back and forth to switch shoulders.

The bottom one is a more animation heavy Infested sentinel that hops along your shoulders and back like a creepy fish-frog-monkey thing.

Still to come is a purely mechanical Grineer styled Turret.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Painfully WIP, but I thought I'd post my progress so you can see what I'm thinking. I also wanted something to show since I probably won't get back to it until monday.

OmYMrgm.jpg

As you can see these versions do have both slots for wings. I thought it looked good but I can edit it if you strongly disagree.

The top two are the same version, an animation light sentinel that cheats a bit by sticking to the back and having the head wag back and forth to switch shoulders.

The bottom one is a more animation heavy Infested sentinel that hops along your shoulders and back like a creepy fish-frog-monkey thing.

Looks great!

The Tenno style could have a slightly more rigid, jointed 'neck', grineer style could be a straight up mechanical joint, but the serpentine look is perfect for the infested symbiote.

I can't say I'm a fan of wings on the thing (or the Iliac syandana for that matter), but it's up to you really (the artist).

Edited by dragonboss

Looks great!

Thanks!

The Tenno style could have a slightly more rigid, jointed 'neck', grineer style could be a straight up mechanical joint, but the serpentine look is perfect for the infested symbiote.

That might look better for the Tenno one, so I'll give it a go. That's what I'm planning for the Grineer :)

I can't say I'm a fan of wings on the thing (or the Iliac syandana for that matter), but it's up to you really (the artist).

I'm not 100% it would look good either but I like giving players the choice.

is it sentinel of survival?

cause if it is, i want it

Even though protector is almost like shade's revenge, this would be a cool sentinel

OmYMrgm.jpg

try to imagine it with wings and helmets and tails. it might look like an animal like how you put wings on shade and the coltek helemt and koi tail, he looks like a dragon

Surprise! I had some time today. I'm not 100% happy with the Tenno version's turret but it's a step in the right direction. I also replaced the Fish-frog with an early Grineer design.

Xfmkngs.jpg

Awesome!

The Grineer style is spot on, and I see what you're going for with the Tenno style, but I hope the spiny scales stay including the first turret 'head'. I liked those.

is it sentinel of survival?

cause if it is, i want it

Even though protector is almost like shade's revenge, this would be a cool sentinel

try to imagine it with wings and helmets and tails. it might look like an animal like how you put wings on shade and the coltek helemt and koi tail, he looks like a dragon

It increases your survivability, yes.