Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scanning Feedback And Suggestions

Icymountain

As you know, currently, scanning is completely useless. All the information you gain about the target you scan can be gotten way in advance from the internet before completing the scans on one target. Unless someone is a completionist, they're not gonna be likely to spend the time and effort scanning everything. So, how do you encourage non-completionists to scan? Some suggestions.

Bonuses to scanned targets

This is basically inspired by Bioshock 1/2's scan system. Basically, as you scan an enemy more and more, you learn more about it. Thus, this knowledge of your enemy can be represented in game through a series of bonuses, which you obtain as you get closer to completing a target's scans.

For generic, fodder enemies like Lancers or standard Crewmen and their variants, perhaps a simple damage boost might suffice. Perhaps at max scans, you'd gain a nice 15% damage boost to them or so. 

For heavies, like the Ancients or Eximi, you could gain a resistance to their effects alongside the damage boost. For example, completing the scans of an Ancient Disruptor grants you a 50% resistance to their disruption, thus merely halving your energy and shields each time you get jabbed.

For bosses, perhaps maxing their scans would give you a slight boost in rare resource drop.

Equipment from scanned targets

Basically, when you fully scan a unit, you'd get access to their abilities or equipment.

Generally, maxed scans could grant you the target's weapon. The clan dojo could be used for that. To unlock the research of a weapon, you'd have to fully scan any enemy that uses that weapon before being able to key in the research details into the respective lab consoles to start research on it. Want the Hek? Max scans on either Vay Hek or Vem Tabook, the G3 guy using a Hek, and research it.  Want the Prova? Max scans on Prodmen and research it. You get what I mean.

For Eximi, perhaps fully scanning them could grant you their special abilities in the form of mod cards and alternate abilities for warframes. The Frost Eximus? Max its scans and you'd unlock an alternate version of Snowglobe for Frost, perhaps exchanging duration/strength for mobility. Energy Leech Eximus? Fully scan it and get an Energy Siphon. Life Leech Eximus? Scan it and get lifestrike or possibly its equivalents for your Primary and Secondary. Stuff like that. 

'Unlocking' the enemy in a Virtual Combat Room

I assume a Virtual Combat Room (VCR) is being planned for the Dojo? If it is, maxing scans on an enemy would allow you to 'unlock' that enemy for your clan members in the VCR. Want to teach newbies how to kill a tough boss? Use the VCR. Want to train yourself to avoid Oxium Ospreys? VCR. Just want to fight the G3 again? VCR. 

Yeah, so those are some suggestions of mine. Tell me what you think.

TL;DR

Scans goot

Edited by Icymountain

'Unlocking' the enemy in a Virtual Combat Room

I assume a Virtual Combat Room (VCR) is being planned for the Dojo? If it is, maxing scans on an enemy would allow you to 'unlock' that enemy for your clan members in the VCR. Want to teach newbies how to kill a tough boss? Use the VCR. Want to train yourself to avoid Oxium Ospreys? VCR. Just want to fight the G3 again? VCR. 

Yeah, so those are some suggestions of mine. Tell me what you think.

TL;DR

Scans goot

A VCR type room for the dojo is an interesting concept and would make scanning more of a goal and objective. Gaining bonuses or equipment seems way too over-the-top, maybe once completing a scan of an enemy negates the wait time for research.

Must scan all of the things!... Not because of a Completionist, but because i ran out of things to Grind/Farm and i'm not all that into interior decoration (AND SCREW DARK SECTORS!!)

All hail scanning, down with Dark Sectors(for now, the newer PVP style seems cool).