Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The (Un)Official Guide To Operation Breeding Grounds

MrManslayerX

Question

The earliest possible win you can get, you need a combined total of 1,600 points in a squad of 4 OR 400 points solo and the Gas, Frozen, and Pulsing hives to destroy in your mission.
How do we get there, you might ask? Well, let's go over it.

First off, let's start with the effects of the hives.

The Stabilizer Hive, when destroyed, lowers the gravity of the map.
The Lancing Hive, when destroyed, activates laser traps in the map.
The Security Hive, when destroyed, activates Corpus Turrets throughout the map.
The Gas Hive, when destroyed, spawns clouds of gas that damage you throughout the map.
The Frozen Hive, when destroyed, encites the frost effect in the map and cuts shields in half.
The Pulsing Hive, when destroyed, spawns EMP spheres that deal magnetic damage and drain your energy.

Each run you do you gain points to your combined total. Your combined total contributes to the weighted RNG of what hives spawn in your mission.

A tier list for the hives is as follows: Stabilizer < Lancing < Security < Gas < Frozen < Pulsing

A higher combined total of points among your squad will better your chance of getting the Gas, Ice, and Pulse hives to destroy. Lower combined totals will make it extremely rare to get a high-tier hive in your mission, and you need to keep running to raise your combined total in order to get these higher tiered hives.

If you're running with 3 other people, each of you need 400 points and the 3 aforementioned hives to destroy in the mission.

It seems to be highly recommendable to do squad runs to raise your score to 400 and then run solo to finish it off.

P.S. I'm going to bed for the night, I'll continue my studies tomorrow.

Edited by MrManslayerX

In attempt to follow the math without being home to start the event myself, how long would solo take?

Welp. You start off with 6 points your first run... And RNG factors are heavily present in solo runs.

By my educated estimation, you'd be gaining 1 more point per run every 8 runs at the start, gain ~10 point jump for getting the top 3 hives, from the bottom 3 hives. So, after you account for that jump, you'd be getting a base of 16-20ish points... Roughly every 50 'total' points accounts for 1 'one run' point. For the sake of my brain, let's just say atleast 100 runs. I'm sure somebody else could crunch that for me, I don't feel like it :P

Edited by MrManslayerX

Just to make sure I unstood that right, I need to gain 1600 Points total to be able to get a mission that will reward me with 45 single mission points?

48 single mission points. Which is enough for Prova Vandal, the final prize you earn from this event.

I'm fascinated to know how you calculated all of that. Thanks for the info, though.

To those upset, just keep at it--even solo, your point totals will increase dramatically as you play.

As for online mode, this is day 1 of 7. By day 5, MOST players will have several hundred points, so it will be easy to rack up a high score quickly.

EDIT: Also note: Several people in my alliance already got their Provas.

Edited by Llyssa

really helpful mate, appreciate it. :)

However, I'm still confused as to how "best" score is calculated...sometimes my best score jumps by 5 points, 7 points, and sometimes only 1 point, I've aslo had no point increase at one stage...

So for example there is 4 people, each with a total score of 100 lets say. and they complete a mission with 3 the best hives...what will appear as their "best" score after the mission?

Nope. I got the Prod Vandal with less than 500 points.

The real guide is "Keep trying until the Randon Number God smiles upon you."

And from what ive seen so far on this i doubt im alone in thinking this.

As a personal score combined with your squad total, or solo?

really helpful mate, appreciate it. :)

However, I'm still confused as to how "best" score is calculated...sometimes my best score jumps by 5 points, 7 points, and sometimes only 1 point, I've aslo had no point increase at one stage...

So for example there is 4 people, each with a total score of 100 lets say. and they complete a mission with 3 the best hives...what will appear as their "best" score after the mission?

If, for example, you're to get, Pulsing, and Frozen hives, but you get a Stabilizer hive therein, you'd be getting the same score you got before, or less.

If you're to have the Stabilizer and Lancing hives, but you get a Gas hive, your run score will jump by a good 4 points just off that.

Well, let's see. You'd have a combined total of 400. And you got the three best hives. I say you'd get somewhere around... 26-30 points. Although, with that score total, you'd be pretty unlikely to even SEE a Pulsing, or even Frozen hive.

Edited by MrManslayerX

had my prova after 3 mission :|

So I guess this has more RNG entailed than I originally anticipated. Question. I've been tinkering in my head a few factors that may effect the score of the run.

1. How fast was your run

2. How many infested did you kill

3. Did you go down at all

So I guess this has more RNG entailed than I originally anticipated. Question. I've been tinkering in my head a few factors that may effect the score of the run.

1. How fast was your run

2. How many infested did you kill

3. Did you go down at all

well it was online mission (3 random guy) , we found an ice , stabilizer and security hives , i killed TONS of infested stompin everywhere with rhino , it was a pretty fast run.

But i think that i got 52 for a silly thing...

at the end my laggy connection made " migration host" so i was alone after all , and then i went to extraction

Edited by KingOfNightmare

well it was online mission (3 random guy) , we found an ice , stabilizer and security hives , i killed TONS of infested stompin everywhere with rhino , it was a pretty fast run.

But i think that i got 52 for a silly thing...

at the end my laggy connection made " migration host" so i was alone after all , and then i went to extraction

Perhaps the number of infested that you kill majorly effects your scoring. I'll keep this in mind and try to cross reference with others and do some solo runs myself and go on a murder spree.

Friendly reminder that the environment is not your friend generally, but can be made use of.

Shooting a certain obscure explosive barrel can create an extra path, and sometimes a roof or something big might drop down with some infested, and extra paths too.

Perhaps the number of infested that you kill majorly effects your scoring. I'll keep this in mind and try to cross reference with others and do some solo runs myself and go on a murder spree.

yeah but i think that the "host migration" was the lucky thing , the other 3 guys

(well, one of them was a friend)  gained from that mission only 28 points 

I mean maybe the game counted the 4 people difficulty when i was alone , so that's why i gained more points than the other 3 people

Edited by KingOfNightmare

i dont think that going down has any effect at all, as that was the mission i got a lower "best".

however, i still am confused as to how best is calculated.

i recorded my solo run just now:

before mission total: 294

before mission best: 38

hives:

gas,frozen and pulsing

Score after mission complete: 42

how did i get 42? why not 41? why did my best score increase by 4? the hive type does play a factor of some sort, however what it is doing mathematically is still confusing...

i dont think that going down has any effect at all, as that was the mission i got a lower "best".

however, i still am confused as to how best is calculated.

i recorded my solo run just now:

before mission total: 294

before mission best: 38

hives:

gas,frozen and pulsing

Score after mission complete: 42

how did i get 42? why not 41? why did my best score increase by 4? the hive type does play a factor of some sort, however what it is doing mathematically is still confusing...

Well I also need to know what sort of hives you got in the mission before. Your total score also has a major baring on what your one run score will be. Your total score modifies the difficulty of the mission, which in turn increases the point reward. So if you were at 400 points, I'm fairly certain you would have gotten, or came very close, to 48.

Also, guys, I've determined that running solo does greatly increase your one run score.

Edited by MrManslayerX