Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

These New Ospreys Are... Too Strong.

Xievie

OMG YES I SAID IT IM SORRY FOR BEING THAT GUY WHO COMPLAINS THE DAY OF RELEASE THAT SOMETHING WAS OP OR SOMETHING.

Seriously though, dayum, these guys were dropping my Sechura party on Wave 1. It's ridiculous. I'm afraid to even try ODD.

FAH8vh9.jpg

OP? Well, yeah, kind of. I'm not too butthurt since I'm pretty powerful in the game with so many things forma'd but I see a lot of my future groups dropping dead easily. I had like 150 health left after Tailwinding out, then it instantly killed me the next time I touched the toxic clouds.

Sorry, I don't want to sound whiney, but these things are a bit too powerful. As if being harder to hit (and extremely hard to hit if you go melee-only) wasn't bad enough.

I still want a way to hit flying enemies with melee, by the way.

-Xievie

Good, since the infested could be taken down by 1 skill before.

Pretty much everything could have been taken down in one skill until a certain level.

I still don't like being taken down in a few fast ticks of poison so easily.

The poison doesn't do that much damage unless you stand there in it. They probably weren't using Vitality and had no method of restoring health. I think the Infested Ospreys are fine. It's bad enough people wined to get the toxic ancient poison cloud removed... 

Edited by Drazhar14

LOL!  Welcome to the good old infested days, where the ancients use to drop these clouds in a large pool upon death, love seeing it again.  My only complaint with the infested ospreys is they have such a small hit area, I'm having a very hard time shooting them.  In addition, they're getting stuck on a lot of the dark sector missions making the waves take much longer than needed.

LOL!  Welcome to the good old infested days, where the ancients use to drop these clouds in a large pool upon death, love seeing it again.  My only complaint with the infested ospreys is they have such a small hit area, I'm having a very hard time shooting them.  In addition, they're getting stuck on a lot of the dark sector missions making the waves take much longer than needed.

These clouds cover a lot more area, though, and you get DECIMATED if there's like, five of these farting all over the area.

These things are even more powerful than the toxic ancients of the past, those things released concentrated clouds upon death.  These things release walls of gas and keep on ticking, not to mention their rather small hit area makes them less hard to hit but more hard to spot.

At the very least, these guys need to be removed from Venus when infested pop up there. I was doing the invasions today for Fieldron, and the new players trying to run through were getting completely wrecked by the ospreys and they didn't have a clue how or why.

I just spent like, 3 minutes at the end of wave 5 TRYING to kill these stupid things, while my team was getting annihilated. It's no fun when you're melee only. This was probably more than 10 minutes for a single 5 wave run. I had to revive three times as well.

They're just like normal ospreys, yet some how even more annoying.

They need to actually go to the core / pod / defense target when you're playing those missions, otherwise they just goof off in some random corner and play hide and go fart.

Please change that Toxin into Viral. It's much more fun than watching your health bar go down every second.

that sounds fairly good.

we may want to not have them trail their Aura though, and just be a reasonable area around them. 

as trailing clouds of death, with multiple of them around, means an entire area could be multi-stacked, meaning getting nearby could hit you many times at once, which would be bad for gameplay.

and ofcourse like all Ospreys, their hitbox is garbage, it's ~10% of their actual size, crap.

I don't want to get hot headed with my complaint for these things, but I will say this: These Ospreys alone made infested go from my favorite faction to fight my LEAST favorite. It's so bad that I don't even want to do infested at all anymore unless they fix this. It's really bad for my heart.

They:

-Deal a lot of damage

-Are EXTREMELY difficult to hit (I have to switch to the Penta to kill them reliably, and I'm supposed to be leveling my other primaries)

-Have been dropping my groups even at wave 1 of Sechura

-Force me to NOT use melee-only in Infested missions, which I always did back then. Looks like I can't go melee only on Corpus AND Infested now due to Ospreys

It's both funny and frustrating. My whole team was just chasing one of the ospreys around the map trying to kill it. It was funny, sure, but I think I'm done having fun and want to level my equipment and earn credits reliably.

They're just like normal ospreys, yet some how even more annoying.

They need to actually go to the core / pod / defense target when you're playing those missions, otherwise they just goof off in some random corner and play hide and go fart.

This especially. On a much higher level of stupidity than the Corpus Ospreys, too. You know, every wave for Infested an Osprey is off doing it's own thing, but if a Corpus Osprey is lost, it's usually because it got stuck (which isn't so common).

I've never been a person to call nerf on something in games, but these new ospreys are just making games not fun.  While doing the Sechura Dark Sector we stuck around past wave 5 and by 13 these things were so bad everybody died constantly.  At 15 we completed with myself as being the only one alive when everybody had exhausted their revives for the day.

It's bad enough that the hit box is so small but when there are so many of these things going around they are difficult to see and sitting in a cloud for even a second is almost instant death.  If they would go to a predictable place they could be handled, but the AI wants to just randomly fart all over the map.  Then they torment you after the rest of the wave is over by hiding in some obscure corner only for you to find them and they fly off to go fart elsewhere.

Sorry, I don't want to sound whiney, but these things are a bit too powerful. As if being harder to hit (and extremely hard to hit if you go melee-only) wasn't bad enough.

I still want a way to hit flying enemies with melee, by the way.

Before the event went online I did a single Sechura run with my Valkyr (rank 30+forma). She managed to deal with the poison well enough, so perhaps armor is reducing toxic damage from that specific enemy? Could also be a bug though.

Anyway, the real problem was that I was there to rank my Obex up so I went in without ranged weapons. Landing wall run attacks on those things was... kinda fun, but incredibly time consuming. Won't be able to play melee-only over there anymore.

These things turned the most fun part of WF into the most stupid, I instantly die when I can barely see the cloud, max redirection max vitality, these need to change, way too strong. Since when is dying fun ? Infested were the most fun faction don't ruin it de pleassse.