Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feline Fans Unite - Feline Companion Poll & Megathread

Quick info regarding megathread merge:

Many threads were merged into this one and some of the posts on those threads spun out of control. I ask that and posts remain relevant and respectful both to members of the Digital Extremes staff and members of this forum.

Intro:

Dogs are great! Dogs are very great companions and have a unique spunk to them. In the lonely outer rings of Saturn they turn those icy cold days of orbit into fun times with a space-age tennis ball. But....

A bit about my mindset:

I'm not a dog person; I'm not a big fan of them. I personally am quite independent, reserved, and introverted. With this being the case, I have a cat. Not only is my cat independent, fierce, and an amazing hunter; but he is also very cuddly and affectionate towards me.

My stance on Kubrows:

What a great idea! The whole design behind raising and breeding them is very well done, but dogs just don't do it for me. Kubrows are perfect for the Grineer, but don't leave my Corpus brothers in the dust! Give them a feline companion that we can steal kittens from!

Why:

Why not? Variety is always good, and do we really want every single player to have a Kubrow? The whole idea will get stale if that happens! Sure you can get Kubrows that act similarly to cats, but Kubrows aren't cats. More companions = more variety and more variety = more fun!

But why a Feline:

Cats are different from dogs not only in their personality, but in their attack styles as well. Cats are extremely agile, much more so than dogs. Cats hide in foliage and strike their pray from the shadows. They pick off stragglers instead of running in head first. They are the ultimate hunters!

With Kubrows:

The possibilities are endless! Now your squad is more versatile and you'll be able to handle a variety of tasks in a variety of ways. Some people like their dogs, and some people like their cats. Let us choose who we want on the battlefield helping us out!

***POLL***

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53a4b0d2e4b0d5f2a7af5888'>VOTE HERE

But that's not all. Voice your ideas and opinions below! Just remain respectful and relevant!

*Please keep in mind that personal opinions about an animal are not relevant to this topic. This topic is only here to discuss the design of Warframe and whether adding more companions (particularly a feline one) would be good for the future of Warframe. Stating that a particular animal is 'bad' simply because you had an unfortunate experience with that animal is not welcome.

Edited by -CM-JoeTheBanshee

Cats are given bad rep sometimes for reasons like this. Honestly with the experience of 7 cats I've lived with throughout my lifetime, this just isn't the case. 

I misread that and thought you currently had 7 cats, so here's the joke picture I was going to use anyway:

ROMn6py.jpg

Please keep it relevant

He was talking about Desert Skates, which is a real animal in this universe.

Edited by Archistopheles

Cats are given bad rep sometimes for reasons like this. Honestly with the experience of 7 cats I've lived with throughout my lifetime, this just isn't the case. 

7??? My heart was so broken after I lost my first, I haven't been  able to bring myself to get another and I love cats. My heart goes out to you man. 

I am more of a dog person, but a cat is fine too having a tiger pet would help me complete the Night Elf loadout I have on my Banshee.

Real question is: When's birds? Having a hawk, or an owl, or a vulture, or a crow or something would be cool. No, Para Carrier doesn't cut it.

I am more of a dog person, but a cat is fine too having a tiger pet would help me complete the Night Elf loadout I have on my Banshee.

Real question is: When's birds? Having a hawk, or an owl, or a vulture, or a crow or something would be cool. No, Para Carrier doesn't cut it.

Absolutely! Why not birds?