Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Achronus Prime- Yet Another Time-Controller Frame

Cobalt313

Kinda planned for this guy to be the reward to this event: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/246633-new-event-idea-secrets-of-the-void/ Hence the Prime in his name despite being an entirely new Warframe.

"This is Achronus Prime. Once thought lost forever during the war with the Sentients, this Warframe possesses power over time itself that defies understanding even by the Orokin themselves."

100 Health (300 max)

150 Shield (450 max)

150 Stamina

0.95 Sprint Speed

30 Armor

(Not represented in stats, but has a significantly faster base shield recharge speed, sorta like how Zephyr is lighter than all other Frames despite the lack of a listed weight stat)

Achronus's abilities use time manipulation for a variety of offensive and defensive purposes

1st power: Stasis

"Stasis creates a localized temporal anomaly that can stun enemies, delay the deaths of allies, or stop bullets in their tracks. Projectiles caught in the stasis field drop harmlessly to the ground when the effect ends, and may be salvaged for use in your or your allies' weapons".

Spawns a 1/2/3/4 meter wide bubble on the ground Achronus is pointing at upon casting that blocks enemy movement and projectiles and lasts for 5/7/10/15 seconds. Like Absorb, this bubble keeps track of damage it receives during its duration, and will spawn ammo drops based on accumulated damage once it expires. Casting this power on an enemy slows it and any other enemies caught in the area of effect (when applicable) by 30%/50%/75%/100%. Casting this power on a dying ally halts their bleedout timer for the duration of the effect. Otherwise has no effect on allied movement.

2nd power: Time Skip

"Time Skip lets Achronus step outside time to travel long distances in a matter of moments. This also creates a field of temporal backlash harmful to enemies that stand too close."

Achronus targets a point up to 50 meters away, channels for .2 seconds, and then disappears completely for (0.5 / 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5) seconds before reappearing at the targeted area, lingering briefly in the air before falling back to the ground. Enemies within a 10 meter radius at starting location have their movement speed reduced by 50% and take damage equal to 15% of their maximum health. This ability is considered silent and enemies will be considered unalerted to his position on arrival. Cooldown of (5 / 5 / 6 / 7) seconds between castings, camera will still be movable while Achronus is "in transit". (Credit to gkuoni for idea)

3rd power: Second Chance

"Second Chance marks a point in time Achronus Prime can rewind to, allowing him to act freely for a short time before reversing and undoing his actions to avoid negative consequences."

Creates a marker on the ground upon casting and allows normal movement and attacking sans item pickup for 5/10/15/20 seconds. Once the timer is up, Achronus is "rewound" to the position indicated by the marker, resetting his stats to the way they were at that point sans energy spent to use this power. Can rewind Achronus out of bleedout, but not total death. Upgrade to increase duration.

4th power: Time Stop

"Time's up, Tenno. Time stop puts Achronus and his allies in an accelerated time stream, freezing enemies in place while granting you and your team increased speed and power.

Creates a movable radial effect around himself 20/25/30/35 meters wide for 4/5/7/10 seconds that severely slows enemy movement to 20%/10%/5%/2.5% and increases damage they receive by 50%/100%/150%/200%. May also grant self and allies slight speed buff (25/50/75/100%?). Upgrade to increase speed reduction, damage multiplier, and duration.

"Achronus Prime's already phenomenal power can be augmented further by mods. All powers benefit from range mods, while duration mods will extend the length of Stasis, Second Chance and Time Skip, in addition to lengthening the travel time of Time Skip. Finally, strength enhancing mods will increase the effects Time Skip and Time Stop have on enemies."

"Even the Orokin feared the power of Achronus Prime; now it's time your enemies learned to fear him even more so."

Appearance-wise Achronus resembles a tall, slender Tenno wearing an ornate white cloak with typical Prime gold trimmings. A wide collar originating from his upper chest goes around his shoulders and ends in two points, with a small space between them. His face is blank and featureless, with a gold three-pointed "star" originating near the center of his face and extending around the side of his head to extend a bit behind the back of his head. His cloak splits into seven parts at the bottom- three on each side and one in the back- each ending with a Lotus emblem shape. He has a small, circular backpack-like apparatus on his lower back (like Frost Prime, but below the collar) made of gold and clockwork. His arms may bear patterns resembling clock hands, originating at a point behind the elbow and coming to a point on the backs of his hands.

His animations would all carry an air of smug pride, from the minimalist movements of his powers (flicking a fleck of debris at an enemy for Railgun, probably snapping his fingers for Time Stop and/or Ravage of Time) to the way he holds his weapons like he can't be bothered to aim them properly (e.g. Agile would hold them limply in one arm while looking down his nose at his enemies, Noble fires from the waist with his arms at his side and unused arms folded behind his back). You see how his sprint speed is so slow? It's not because he's heavy or anything, it's because he can't be bothered to actually exert himself when he "runs". It's less "running"  and more "strolling less slowly".

Alt helmets are as follows:

Eon: gives him a horizontal bar visor and plate covering his "mouth" area, with a circular "crown" atop his head. The area inside this "crown" is made of transparent glass with moving clockwork visible within.

Epoch: Best summarized as "Pope hat meets pendulum".

Might also give this guy an exclusive Sydana resembling a pair of giant clock hands dangling from short chains that he may or may not come with.

And yes, this guy may seem a bit OP, but given his backstory and the circumstances under which you obtain him, I kinda want him to be. Within reason of course.

Edited by Cobalt313

2 and 3 are fine to me, because they have utility, but 1 and specially 4 are just massive dmg dealers that doesnt -need- to be there, we have a lot of dmg dealers in the game right now, if it where full utility, at least to me it will be perfect

4th power: Ravage of Time

"Time takes it all, Tenno. Ravage of Time rapidly decays enemies surrounding Achronus Prime, causing them to die of sheer age, or leaving them in a crippled, decrepit state"

Going off this idea, say when he is found or built he starts off as Salvaged Achronus. Damaged and scarred, he uses his Time Drain to restore himself.

Lost Achronus with a slightly damaged and scarred look, then in time with more uses of the time drain, Achronus builds himself up to:

Reclaimed Achronus, which is repaired a little and shinied up a bit. Looking newer. Then, again, more draining until we get to..

Achronus. No special name yet, he's back to normal! Until he drains more time from his enemies and becomes:

Achronus Prime! Looks like other primes with the gold additions and general good looks. But then, with much more time draining...

Ascended Achronus. The most badass of them all. This one looks like prime but better, he might have little wings of time or golden bits floating around him. Some sort of aura around him. He wears the crown of time itself.

This could go as in, every 5 levels an upgrade.

Or X amount of experience until an upgrade, as in, you get 1 million affinity and you go up a notch.

Or certain fragments could be found and built throughout the void or a brand new time-traveling thing-a-ma-jig.

Going off this idea, say when he is found or built he starts off as Salvaged Achronus. Damaged and scarred, he uses his Time Drain to restore himself.

Lost Achronus with a slightly damaged and scarred look, then in time with more uses of the time drain, Achronus builds himself up to:

Reclaimed Achronus, which is repaired a little and shinied up a bit. Looking newer. Then, again, more draining until we get to..

Achronus. No special name yet, he's back to normal! Until he drains more time from his enemies and becomes:

Achronus Prime! Looks like other primes with the gold additions and general good looks. But then, with much more time draining...

Ascended Achronus. The most badass of them all. This one looks like prime but better, he might have little wings of time or golden bits floating around him. Some sort of aura around him. He wears the crown of time itself.

This could go as in, every 5 levels an upgrade.

Or X amount of experience until an upgrade, as in, you get 1 million affinity and you go up a notch.

Or certain fragments could be found and built throughout the void or a brand new time-traveling thing-a-ma-jig.

That sounds awesome as all heck, but lore-wise it might not really work. The reason he's Prime is because nobody figured out how his time control actually worked, so they never were able to make a "normal" mass-produced version. Once he disappeared during the war, the secret to his power went with him, which is why in the event the Lotus is so determined to have you secure the Relic regardless of what the Tower tries to do to stop you.

2 and 3 are fine to me, because they have utility, but 1 and specially 4 are just massive dmg dealers that doesnt -need- to be there, we have a lot of dmg dealers in the game right now, if it where full utility, at least to me it will be perfect

I agree with this guy, this is an awesome idea and I really hope DE does this. Also read the event thing and it would be a cool idea :) 

At the request of those suggesting a more support-based build, added a new alternate first ability. Still keeping the fourth one for the time being though stat-wise I intended its focus to be less on the damage it dealt and more on the permanent debuffs it inflicted.

hmm did you get the idea of our competitor smite, I see some resemblances with their Chronos.

Okay, you have convinced me, then I just have to say it reminds me of smite (played it a short while, Chronos was my favorite).

and the best crowd controll is halting, slowing enemy progress, what is the basic of progress, a passing of time. Nice concept. + the Idea it's a prime (sort of to start with) is fitting, since manipulating time (not considering slash dashing at near light speed) is a not your every day in the park

edit: made a response to the OP's response, and I had to digest the idea a little further :)

Edited by Rainofgod

hmm did you get the idea of our competitor smite, I see some resemblances with their Chronos

I know there had been a lot of time-controller Frame ideas before, but I made this one because I needed an epic-scale power as a reward for my event idea and couldn't think of anything else fitting enough. Ability-wise I didn't actively try to copy anyone else's ideas, I mostly consulted friends and family for feedback, but some of them (like Time Stop) would probably have shown up on other threads before anyway.

mabey not as an event but as one of the new quests mabey,  now that could work.

That was the idea, he wasn't supposed to be "limited edition" or anything, just these gauntlets and vaults were supposed to start showing up in Tower II+ missions and you could get parts for him from them.

And/or maybe some rare mods, I dunno. There's a link to the event he's supposed to come with in the main article, check it out if you wanna know more.

Interesting concept, however I could see the 1st ability turning into the new loki switch teleport troll ability.

It doesn't stop allied movement, just enemy movement. The only way it affects allies caught in the radius is bleedout timers.

...then again that sort of thing might get a bit too complicated- I originally just meant for it to be a small shield bubble that stopped enemy movement and projectiles and dropped bullets it collected once it ended, the other effects were kinda suggestions from friends. Perhaps I should just let it be a defensive ability?

do not make stuff to strong because all warframes are uniquie and powerful in their own way. you usually have strknger damage & effect, duration or range

I know, I just wanted this guy to be still useful at higher levels. Stat wise his physical stats make him rely on his shields for survival and his abilities were primarily supportive in nature, though I did want at least his fourth power to deal some damage because I personally get frustrated when I don't have a damaging crowd-controller at my disposal. I could change it if I could think of or get a suggestion for another thematically fitting power, though.

Instead of the last skill doing increased damage, perhaps it could be considered the ultimate in debuffs to the enemy?

Using Time as its element, it could corrode armor values, lower shield strength, and of course lessen the enemy's vitality due to their age, not counting either a slowing effect or a knockdown stasis effect, similar to a Rhino Stomp.

It would be quite useful at higher levels considering the debuffs to enemies, which would help with their defensive and offensive scaling.

Edited by HiddenKharma

Instead of the last skill doing increased damage, perhaps it could be considered the ultimate in debuffs to the enemy?

Using Time as its element, it could corrode armor values, lower shield strength, and of course lessen the enemy's vitality due to their age, not counting either a slowing effect or a knockdown stasis effect, similar to a Rhino Stomp.

It would be quite useful at higher levels considering the debuffs to enemies, which would help with their defensive and offensive scaling.

That was the idea, but I hadn't considered reducing max health as opposed to pure damage. I still may have some damage-dealing in place so it could have the effect of killing weaker enemies by aging them to dust, but the emphasis would still be more on crippling as opposed to outright killing.