Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Syandanas 5.0! [9/1/14] [Corrupted Vor/lotus Syandanas!]

blazingcobalt

Warframe has something I love to death, flowing scarves. Scarfs are pretty cool, you know? I should be saying syandana though.

Edit: 7/24/14; Oh wow, thanks for the concept of the week! It made my day. ;__;
---
Link to thread with armor concepts if you're interested; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/252385-some-armors/
---

9UDwfWb.png

Okay, I can't name things worth a damn, so ignore that. I'll go into detail about these those.

-Dual Asa Syandana-
I'm sure someone has done this before me and I don't really need to explain here. Just imagine that though, if you put these into Hydroid and his back would look like a watefall if you chose the right colors.

-Plated Syandana-
I wanted to try and do a more bulky looking syandana. I think it could work well with the Edo armor.

-Lotusal Syandana-
I want more Lotus themed stuff. So far from what I've seen(I've been playing for a few months now, mind you.) The only real Lotus themed stuff you can get are the immortal skins for your frame.

-Ragged Syandana-
Why isn't there just a plain old raggedy scarf? I mean think of the possibilites, you could look like a rogue Tenno, or maybe a hobo Tenno.

-Tribal Syandana-
I have no idea why I went with the word tribal. It just has a fancy pattern on it.

-Flaming Syandana-
Okay so, I've been using Ember Prime the past few days. I really love the flame effects on her and how WoF can just burn things to a crisp. I want a syandana that shows a Tenno's fiery side. This one whips back and forth and catches the eye.

--

On a side note, trying to draw stuff that fits well into Warframe is a fun challenge.

So there are my syandanas, what all do you think?

---
Round Two
---

DgoTE3H.png

Some more.

This time I wanted to try and make some for certain frames such as Frost, Valkyr, Volt, and the Stalker. (Not that the Stalker is a frame or anything, he's just an *boop*.)

-Frigid Syandana-
I did one for Ember, which was just a big flame whipping back and forth. This one would be a faint Asa with some snow particle effects to give off that wintery feeling.

-Heavy Syandana-
Just wanted to do more bulky stuff.

-Valkyr's Tail-
Since I've heard that she is based off of a cat, and she looks pretty neat with the new claws, something had to be done. A friend of mine wanted me to do this and I'm pleased with how it came out. The little bolts going down the back would channel an Asa into a narrower look and then be free to move about near the butt. It wouldn't be just for Valkyr either. Who wouldn't want to put a tail onto Vauban?

-Grineer Syandana-
Okay the Grineer are neat, although the stuff they yell at me is kinda rude. I wanted to make something that would reflect them. If I do another batch, it'll have a Corpus one for sure.

-Stalker Syandana-
The stalker is an *boop*. He shows up whenever he pleases and just doesn't give a *beep*. He'll kill you and be mean like that. He just doesn't give a *poob*. (The syandana would vanish into smoke at the end, just like the Stalker does.)

-Volt Energy Syandana-
This one would have bolts zigzagging down the frame's back and the energy would jump between them. Near the end it sparks off.

---
Round Three
---

wRNpHp5.png?1

Alrighty, this'll be my last bath of syandanas. I got the majority of my ideas out.

-Nova Trails-
Asa like syandanas that would reflect Nova's antimatter.

-Ivy Syandana-
Evil leaves that hurt people when they touch them, perfect touch for Sayrn.

-Nyxous Syandana-
The swirling energy at the bottom is thanks to Nyx and her abilities.

-Corpus Syandana-
Okay, this one was a bit of a stretch for me. I got the shape of the cloth from the concept art of the buildings they use. Trying to find a way to use the symbol was kinda hard as well but, I think it turned out alright.

-Infested Syandana-
I wouldn't wear this for a few reasons. A) It's gross. B) Those things punch me in the face a lot, so lolno.

-Kurbow Pelts-
Huh.
So that's where they go when you release em.

---
Round 4
---

Y7rm0jP.png

-Clan Syandana-
This one is pretty straightforward. Just a simple scarf with your clan's logo at the end of it.

-Fallen Syandan-
I've seen a few posts about wanting wings. Well, what about fallen-Tenno energy wings?

-MIra Syandana-
I tried to make up a syandana for Mirage based on the patterns of her armor.

-Behemoth Syandana-
A massive, bulky syandana only fit for the mightiest of tanks.

-Pointed Syandana-
Don't run with it.

-Sola Syandana-
A syandana that has two lines of energy runes going down the Tenno's back.

---
Round 5
---

pNMhKcu.png

From left to right, starting at the top left.

-Tetha Syandana-
A broken syandana that is ripped off and leaves a trail of asa fibers behind the Tenno as they move.

-Mantle of Janus-
This scarf serves as a reminder to those Grineer to not mess with the Tenno, unless they want to visit the Captain himself.

-Roots of the Lotus-
A scarf that shows a Tenno's true devotion to the Lotus.

-Glak Syandana-
A syandana that looks like it could reach out and grab you.

-Draga Prime Syandana-
A primed syandana that was used by high ranking Orokin.

-Sarso Syandana-
A scarf that has a similar feel to Saryn's poisonous glans.

Spoiler tags are a nightmare for me. ;__;

Edited by blazingcobalt

-Ragged Syandana-

Why isn't there just a plain old raggedy scarf? I mean think of the possibilites, you could look like a rogue Tenno, or maybe a hobo Tenno.

DO WANT! 

I expected the Syandanas look like that in the first place. I was greatly disappointed. My Vauban already has a hobo beard so that would be so perfect :o

I like a lot of these! Here's my individual feedback on all of them.

-Dual Asa. Straightforward. I can appreciate that. I can also appreciate that there's a few frames they'd look great on!
-Plated. Interesting. I imagine a full mantle would be difficult to negotiate with shoulder armor, but it's got a nice presence. A non-prime Noru, perhaps?
-Lotusal. Very nice! Not sold on the name though. I'd vote "Renge Syandana", just to keep with the general Japanese/Indian inspiration a lot of the names draw.
-Ragged. I like the concept of a neck-wrap scarf but I think the aesthetic of the tenno is way too clean for this to really blend well.
-Tribal. Very cape-like! I can get behind it.
-Flaming. Stellar. Might be my favorite of the batch, to be perfectly honest. It fills a bit of a similar role to Asa appearance-wise, but the flames could be rendered as particles instead of as a texture, which i think would differentiate the look enough in practice.