Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Proteus Guardian Of The Derelict Vaults +Buffed Abilities

Halphyos

"We have birds, and space pirates. I think it's time for Knights to rise from the shadows" -Quote from Knight Fan base in the Warframe Clan

===========================================================================================
"Long lost in the ancient ships, deprived from his family and stuck inside a vault to complete his duty. As a knight he ended but as a child he began. One day, as he roamed through the halls, he found the Vaults, not knowing what they were he touched one of the locks but got shocked and a voice in the background said "Thou have touch and thou are bound, as now thou shall not leave thy place and remain here for eternity". The door opened and there it was, more treasure that he could ever find, more riches that he could ever think, but the Neural Sentry had fooled him and locked him inside. As the Orokin abandoned the ship, he stood inside, not knowing what to do or where he was, he stood for so long that he was flooded by void radiation, and with the ice around him, it mutated the way he looked and the way he was. Crystals, engraved in his skin, are now a part of him. Result of the fusion of ice and radiation these crystals are of extreme power and effectiveness. He isn't who he was before he is now a relic from the Orokin Era."(Orokin Derelict)

[CONCEPT ART HERE] 
Side view ( Front view is down here I suck at symmetry and I really needed to do this one quickly. He is suppose to be agile and stuff and not look like a skin for Rhino I'll work on that when I have time again).

DCH4XGv.jpg?1

ADmMBhr.jpg?1

===========================================================================================

25 energy 1st ability

Ultraviolet- Proteus, an Orokin Experimentation with Solar Radiation,but had a tragic change of appearance with this power he casts a wall of pure Ethereal ultraviolet radiated crystals, proc'ing radioactive damage for every enemy that walks through it instantly within contact, the target would then be stunned due to the ultraviolet degradation on his skin, muscles and bones.It does not block any kind of damage, it's purely a offensive skill.

With Strength intensification mods, the damage cap of Proteus can be increased by 5/10/15/20%

Doing 10% Slash Damage. 20% Impact damage, 30% radiation damage and and 40% puncture damage.

50 energy 2nd Ability

Crystalized Shield(WIP name)- A fusion between Electric Shield and Iron Skin, Proteus as a knight he is that promised to protect the weak, casts a shield in his arm, blocking all kind of damage though it's more fragile against magnetic Damage, and will wear off quicker when hit by that kind of damage. While active, Proteus can act like a mobile shield, protecting allies, objectives and innocent barrels.With Strength intensification mods, the absorption cap of Proteus can be increased by 10/15/20/30%

50 energy 3rd Ability

Gladius- Proteus's armor is coated in heavy crystals that destroys anything that touches it. The damage he receives is halved while he gains a 5% resistance to the damage done to him every 500 points of damage. Once it wears off, the Shield will explode. (Impact, Puncture, slash, and elements.) Lasts for 4/6/8/10 seconds and is effected by duration mods.

100 Energy 4rth Ability

Banners Rise- Proteus rises his banner, the one who serves the Lotus, kneeling before the deity that he calls her. Proteus starts to redirect 40% projectiles to him and 50%  damage and with the damage, he redirects it to his allies to buff their stats if they are in the vicinity, if not Proteus will buff himself by 20% for 20 seconds. (Magnetic= Magnetic Resistance; Toxic=Toxic Resistance; Impact=Impact Resistance and so on and so forth with all the damage types;) Untill his own energy completely drains.When the user decides to end the ability or when the energy fully drains, Proteus will cast a shockwave to knockdown enemies and give him a chance to fight back once he rises again.With Strength intensification mods, the absorption cap of Proteus can be increased by 15/20/20/25% more damage absorbed and the buff given to his allies is increased. (To calculate how much you'll buff your allies you take your damage that you absorbed and divide it by 2.5) This ability is not affected by Duration mods.

Stats

Health (lvl 30): 350

Shields (lvl 30) :500
Armor : 30
Stamina : 75
Energy : 100
Speed: 1.10

There is a chance that instead of dropping a mod in an Orokin Vault you get a warframe part for Proteus.
Edited by Halphyos

First off, allow me to point out that non-standard energy costs for abilities generally aren't that well-received.

Second, aside from the fourth ability being a rather interesting Absorb variant (should probably provide temporary buffs based on damage types received rather than faction source specifically), none of his powers seem particularly impressive, being a buffed melee attack and an Iron Skin copy respectively (though a timed-duration invulnerable shield that follows him and blocks all frontal damage for him and allies within a short range could have potential as a decent ability)

Third, is his name Proteus or Gawain? You seemed to switch halfway through the article.

Finally, I kinda had my own Orokin Vaults event idea with its own Frame as a reward (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/246633-new-event-idea-secrets-of-the-void/) so I think I'm kinda obligated to complain about that too.

First off, allow me to point out that non-standard energy costs for abilities generally aren't that well-received.

Second, aside from the fourth ability being a rather interesting Absorb variant (should probably provide temporary buffs based on damage types received rather than faction source specifically), none of his powers seem particularly impressive, being a buffed melee attack and an Iron Skin copy respectively (though a timed-duration invulnerable shield that follows him and blocks all frontal damage for him and allies within a short range could have potential as a decent ability)

Third, is his name Proteus or Gawain? You seemed to switch halfway through the article.

Finally, I kinda had my own Orokin Vaults event idea with its own Frame as a reward (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/246633-new-event-idea-secrets-of-the-void/) so I think I'm kinda obligated to complain about that too.

First off, I did the energy costs blindly I will put the generic energy costs.

Secondly, the shield will incapacitate the use of weapons (Proteus grabs the shield until the ability duration runs out, not like Iron Skin), as for the first ability, I might change it, warframe concepts are pretty much an open discussion, so I might change it, but until I'll leave like that.

Lastly, his name is Proteus, his former name was Gawain, but I find Proteus well more fitting. As for your event, well,it is an interesting event I must admit, I really like it, but you did not especify what Vaults are you talking about, just the normal Void? or the Orokin Derelict? In game there are only one type of known Orokin Vaults which reside in the Orokin Derelict, That's what Proteus Protect.And there is a chance that instead of achieving a mod, you achieve an warframe part for Proteus.

For what it seems, your event talks about a special room that can be found in the Void.

Edited by Halphyos

First off, I did the energy costs blindly I will put the generic energy costs.

Secondly, the shield will incapacitate the use of weapons (Proteus grabs the shield until the ability duration runs out, not like Iron Skin), as for the first ability, I might change it, warframe concepts are pretty much an open discussion, so I might change it, but until I'll leave like that.

Lastly, his name is Proteus, his former name was Gawain, but I find Proteus well more fitting. As for your event, well,it is an interesting event I must admit, I really like it, but you did not especify what Vaults are you talking about, just the normal Void? or the Orokin Derelict? In game there are only one type of known Orokin Vaults which reside in the Orokin Derelict, That's what Proteus Protect.

Mine was a new set of Void vaults, so I suppose yours was fine for just using the normal Derelict vaults. Then again, considering how aggravating it can be to get inside those things normally I seriously doubt we would want to have to fight anyone to get inside.

Or is he just supposed to be a possible reward from the Vault itself, like instead of a Corrupt Mod you could get a blueprint for one of his parts instead?

Mine was a new set of Void vaults, so I suppose yours was fine for just using the normal Derelict vaults. Then again, considering how aggravating it can be to get inside those things normally I seriously doubt we would want to have to fight anyone to get inside.

Or is he just supposed to be a possible reward from the Vault itself, like instead of a Corrupt Mod you could get a blueprint for one of his parts instead?

Well that's my idea, instead of just being mods dropping, you could get warframe parts and blueprients for Proteus. No type of fighting a warframe, we already have the annoying stalker <.<

So yes, adding warframe parts and blueprints in the vaults will be a thing for this concept :)

For the second ability, it says it blocks laser attacks. How do you single this out, as the majority of enemy weapons (including Corpus weaponry) deals the standard physical damage (with the exception being the Sniper Crewman's Lanka)?

For the second ability, it says it blocks laser attacks. How do you single this out, as the majority of enemy weapons (including Corpus weaponry) deals the standard physical damage (with the exception being the Sniper Crewman's Lanka)?

It says, it blocks all kinds of damage except Laser damage (fusion moas, railgun moas)

You switched threads?

Yes, the other one was a bit messy, and I think that since I scratched Nidhogg and went to a totally different theme creating a new thread is more logical, I will try to delete the old one. This is the updated one with all fixed energy costs, fixed abilities, and soon a different appearance.

It says, it blocks all kinds of damage except Laser damage (fusion moas, railgun moas)

I'm pretty sure with Damage 2.0 Laser isn't a damage type anymore. Just the three physical damage types (Puncture, Impact, and Slash) and the 9 Elemental damages (fire, ice, shock, toxic, viral, corrosive, gas, radiation, magnetic, blast).

I'm pretty sure with Damage 2.0 Laser isn't a damage type anymore. Just the three physical damage types (Puncture, Impact, and Slash) and the 9 Elemental damages (fire, ice, shock, toxic, viral, corrosive, gas, radiation, magnetic, blast).

Oh I thought laser was still a thing O.o I'll have to think of a new damage type to make the shield less resistant to. Maybe ice? Or even Magnetic?

Hmm I posted reply on powers in the furst thread.

Care to take a look there?

Okay I've seen you're reply. Firstly the first power is a placeholder for something more interesting in the future I wiill most surely change it. It is really boring as it is right now. My idea of two was to make a copy of electric shield but mobile, then you said, laser could kill it faster, and I thought why not mix Iron Skin and Electric Shield together? well that's how it works now. For your idea of him being radioactive, it is kinda of similar to turbulence, with zephyr using wind to defend her, but I like it. Proteus being radioactive with a proc chance. I might change the current third power to that. As for the name I must say I did confuse a little between Gawain and Proteus because I was used to the first name but I think that Proteus fits a lot better.

As for the ultimate, I've changed it now he wont be so vulnerable on the end of the ability :)

Since I dont ahve any more time for today to work on the concept I decided to upload what I ahve done so far in terms of his appearance (re done everything again) Also tweaked some abilities, and other stuff

Edited by Halphyos

You need a bio! I know lore has yet to play an important role in the game but if there is a story for us tennos to relate to then we can generally accept the frame better, they will understand his abilities better and think of his theme as more appropriate.

You need a bio! I know lore has yet to play an important role in the game but if there is a story for us tennos to relate to then we can generally accept the frame better, they will understand his abilities better and think of his theme as more appropriate.

Wow I never really thought of it. now that I think of it, we have all these codex entries about the backstories of the warframes and such. Okay another sleepless night for me! :D I must get a cool lore for him that fits the lore of Warframe

I will help if you like

Well sure! :D

So he is suppose to be an ancient Orokin Knight guarding the orokin Vaults in the Orokin Derelict, he was locked inside with the orokin treasure, but the ships were forgotten, and he became a relic of the ancient Orokin.

(he drops in the Orokin Vaults)