Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Sentinel-Themed Warframe And Update? Also: Corrupt Auras

AyeDog9000

I did do searching on forum and didn't come up with anything like this so here goes:

We've got fire, wind/air, ice, water, engineer, electricity, poison, list goes on.. themed warframes. A lot have tenno-boosting abilities like Rhino's Roar and Oberon/Trinity's heals. My frames are good, but my sentinel isn't half bad, either. Much like the forgotten old weapons, sentinels lose usefulness at higher levels. I'd be pretty happy to see a new warframe designed to support, direct, and buff sentinels. I know there's a lot of sentinels already available (though wyrm and dethcube seem to be somewhat moot with Djinn's default high range), but I'd wanna see one more.

Shade has a short-range burst pistol (15m)

Wyrm has a mid-range burst laser (15m)

Dethcube has a long-range wind-up gattling gun (15m)

Carrier has a short-range shotgun (which works pretty well long-range for me) (m5)

Helios has a thrown melee weapon (10m)

I'd like to propose a long range sniper-beam type sentinel. I kind of like the name Cerberus (Or Cylcope), though that's up for discussion. 

-"Default" targeting at 40m (very long range) 

-Uses a beam rifle (shoots a single 1-second persisting beam)

-High default critical chance (10-15%) and good critical damage (250-350%)

-Fire rate half that of Lanka if not a little slower.

-(Debatable) Passive punch-through of .5m

Maybe give it a targeting preference of aiming for enemies' heads and other damage-increasing spots (it is a sniper).

As for the sent-themed Frame:

Ability 1: Designate (Focus fire). Raises aggro on the selected enemy that's picked up by sentinels in the area. Marked enemy receives an additional 20% damage from sentinel fire, as well as reduced armor/resists from sentinels' weapon's damages. 25 power

Ability 2: Maintenance. Heals all sentinel armor/shields by xx%/xx%. There is also a xx% that destroyed sentinels are brought back from destruction (since, let's face it, regen is completely useless 90% of the time). It'll be a low chance, maybe 10 or 15% (multiple recast needed if you really need that sentinel returned) (carrier during survival/defense missions? less running around for loot and O2), and only have xx% of max, so even after it's brought back it needs to be repaired. 50 power

Ability 3: Adaptive Uplink (this may be one of the more useful abilities). Sentinel uses player's CODEX (a use for it finally, eh?) scans and references them to what is in the area. Using that information, it'll modify its weapon core to deal the most detrimental damage to the enemy, on top of its regular mods. So if fighting infested and the sentinel weapon is loaded with blast, it'll still deal regular blast damage/proc, but also fire or gas (fire+poison?), however without any status chance percent (won't chain damage with electricity v corpus, etc). 100 power (two ults?)

Ability 4: Remote Overdrive. Increases all sentinel firing speed by xx% for xx seconds. Also increases targeting range by xx%. 100 power.

With the most recent chain of patches we've gained "Stances" for melee weapons. Why not something for sentinels? Sentinel auras, bonuses to . Many would mirror their Frame counterparts, but some would be unique to Sentinels.

Shield/Armor/Health/Resistance auras

Targeting Range aura

Critical Damage/Chance auras

List could go on

I also had another idea a few weeks ago, but never researched it. What about corrupt mods for players? It'll harm the player using it, but positively affect the teammates. I can't even begin to guess what benefits/detriments would be listed, especially as I never fully got into corrupt mods, but the possibilities are quite numerous I'm sure. -health% +armor%? -energy efficiency +passive energy regen.

I did search Corrupt auras and didn't come up with that either. If I'm leaving anything out that could/should be included in a frame suggestion. Aura slot could be - or y? either one would be nice. As I use energy siphon most of that time, haha yea.. - away.

Thanks. I initially accidentally posted this under general and two responses (I guess before I edited it out and asked to be removed) said the frame was "lackluster" and the ults useless. Which that's totally fine. The two I definitely wanted were designate and the Maintenance abilities. I considered some kind of deployable weapon that could be used (like a deployable heavy gun or laser weapon), but that'd not be too great except in defense missions. Anyone have other possibilities for 3 and 4? Or just 4, 3 I thought was good, too, using CODEX and whatnot.

Thanks. I initially accidentally posted this under general and two responses (I guess before I edited it out and asked to be removed) said the frame was "lackluster" and the ults useless. Which that's totally fine. The two I definitely wanted were designate and the Maintenance abilities. I considered some kind of deployable weapon that could be used (like a deployable heavy gun or laser weapon), but that'd not be too great except in defense missions. Anyone have other possibilities for 3 and 4? Or just 4, 3 I thought was good, too, using CODEX and whatnot.

If DE were to accept this I'm sure they would probably put quite a bit of work into reworking the sentinels themselves. Ideally, in my own opinion, they could add a more powerful transformation for each sentinel (wouldn't be too much work since there aren't many of them) and your Warframe could trigger that evolution for all sentinels near you. This would obviously require a new name for the power but I think it would be incredibly useful.

Imagine a Wyrm that transforms into something *similar* to Zanuka but with your attachments still on it. This newly evolved sentinel runs off and starts pounding the enemies around you to hell with an all new moveset and special abilities. Once again, this is just my speculation lol.

Never found those. I tried a few search options, but obviously still overlooked it.

(edit: oh, and look, both are over a year old)

Still, some similar abilities, and the entire thread wasn't entirely about a new sent frame, but also a new sentinel.

As for corrupted aura, I kinda liked it for the reason that a player can choose to be more supportive rather than giving him/herself the mod bonus. 

Edited by TonyEvans

Never found those. I tried a few search options, but obviously still overlooked it.

(edit: oh, and look, both are over a year old)

Still, some similar abilities, and the entire thread wasn't entirely about a new sent frame, but also a new sentinel.

As for corrupted aura, I kinda liked it for the reason that a player can choose to be more supportive rather than giving him/herself the mod bonus. 

Nah don't get me wrong. I recall seeing this a while back and like the theme, so it's great seeing it brought up again. As for an actual Sentinel-based Warframe ever becoming a reality in the game... I can only hope.

I love the sentinel,

Hate the Frame though completely...

Corrupt Auras are good though I'd like to see

Idea behind the frame is that sentinels actually become viable. I used to take my Dethcube everywhere, then my Djinn. when Carrier came out I thought it was the lamest thing ever.. picking up loot? Really? Now it's the only thing I take because everything else is so utterly useless.