Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo "annals" (/library, Cartographer, Etc.)

kill3r_furby

Let us have a room where we can pool our collective knowledge, upload and download our codex scans, and basically let people in the same clan fill our codices with the support of our fellow clan members.

Now, I'm not saying this with the intent of agreeing to upping the scan count for enemies through the roof.

Really, I kinda want to see this be like a true annals, with all of the lore and codex information collected together in one place that the player can access while in the game.

Maybe even hopefully get some cool art stuff to go with it, like when viewing an enemy's information, have a hologram or something of them appear to make the scene a little more dynamic and less menu-based.

The most important feature to this though (as stated above) is the ability to copy the available information on something to your own codex, thereby completely "scanning" the enemy for yourself to have it complete with the cliffnotes information the current codex provides us.

This would also provide a nice outlet for the writers and loremasters of the game to flesh out everything there is to scan. Add backstories for different enemy types and bosses that unlock as you meet the required amount of scans and such.

Which brings me to the final point, okay how do we keep this fair so one guy can't just go to the dojo and fill the library? Well, why not up the amount of scans necessary for this info to completely unlock to like 100ish. The more scans acquired and uploaded, the more collective knowledge of things is discovered, and the more lore is unlocked.

And as not to alienate the solo player, it would be cool to have this progressive bio for things unlock the more you overscan enemies. Because at this point the only thing that my 42/20 scans of the Grineer Scorch means is that I wasted 22 scans.