Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Saryn Any Good?

yamiyugi383

Question

in my opinion only her fourth ability is worth it, but it deals a fixed amount of damage. So after a certain enemy level, she becomes useless.

So basically she is only viable in capture, exterminate and mobile defences. I would never take her into a survival or defence.

saryn is bestframe, yes, but she has a mid tier playstyle. and requires some forma to truly kick @$$.

i suggest saryn, with phage, tysis, and D. Ichors

build for HP and she has decent armor (if you're into that sorta thing)

Edited by VioDuskar

She's a great warframe, yes, the ultimate power are great in low faction missions, but with mods you can doing a better build. I like Saryn is a great warframe, and she's have high health and shield , so she's a Tank, like rhino. C:

Saryn:

Pros:

-Shield, armor and vitality are in good amount (survivability) 

-Molt can draw enemy attention (survivability)

-Miasma can 1 hit enemies (1~40) with (?sec) stun

Cons:

-The lack of utility makes her not suited for SOLO high lvl defences 

thats the only thing she has negative same with ash and ember probably rhino too.

Shes a warframe that your not going to hesitate going in front and taking damage

built to survive and does very good damage aswell.

ive been using ash and saryn, both feels almost the same performance wise,

(though ash rework made ash really a tonfck damage dealer with good suvivability)

Edited by Ritchel

normally, i'd be all for writing a wall of text, but atm, i don't really feel like it, and so, i'd just recommend using the Search Function to find the dozens of these threads in the past that have very thorough explanations of the Powers and different ideas for playstyles.

I run my Saryn with approx 1280hp with Miasma and Molt. My miasma does around 4,5k dmg over 2secs. And molt lasts around 7secs and draws aggro. I enjoy using her in Survival. Easily went 30min in T4 survival with my friend.

Oh misunderstanding then, you're message

"Oh, she is good, all right. Haha."

I assumed the ",all right. Haha" meant you were sarcastically agreeing with people who say she's good.

Whoops :p

She is just fine. From top to bottom. She's damn good. Bootylicious good.

best frame ive ever used but of course ive forma'd her a few times venoms ok if you can pop spores contagion is good if you build around it miasma is the best ive seen out of her and molt? don't get me started  lol it dies constantly its useless in higher missions .... anyways ill post my miasma build for you and tell the stats :)

mods:

aura: rejuvenation

stretch

vitality

vigor

intensify

rage

fletting expertise

streamline

flow

redirection

the reasons for no blind rage is I cast miasma at 25 energy and have 300 she has 740/1110 cant remember the ranks of my mods but I know none are maxed that go to rank 10 rage regenerates energy if you need it and rejuv aura replenishes health afterwards (win win right?) I use the arcane chlora helm I believe its called (adds stamina at a reduction to power duration) -65% duration all together makes her damage insane and this bs that she cant do high tier missions? I did a t3 survival with 2 rhinos to 50 mins and I was the only one that didn't die rofl and I was the reason we went as long as we did .... I perfected her for the simple fact that when someone bashes a frame im like oh yeah why am I gg with it? sorry for typing so much but that's probably the best explanation you will get

EDIT: you wont be disappointed if you use her or maybe you will everyone is different lol because there are so many rhino lovers and I hate his guts... and I forgot to put miasma in the mod list but I assumed you would know it was missing

Edited by (PS4)d-iabLOFan

saryn is bestframe, yes, but she has a mid tier playstyle. and requires some forma to truly kick @$$.

I use boltor prime, akbronco prime, and scoliac :P and she's a boss weapons really don't matter though just what you prefer

^ This, imho only her 4 ability is worth anything and as mentioned above when it eventually cant cope killwise, it still functions as a decent CC ability, to make this a decent ability tho involves crippling your power duration whihc in turn gimps your other 3 abilitys.

this is the setup i use on my Saryn atm.  (was pretty useful/solid in the event)

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Saryn/t_30_43001240044_1-0-10-2-6-10-4-7-5-5-2-2-6-5-5-7-8-5-37-10-5-47-9-5-55-1-5-59-3-3-111-4-3_1-7-55-6-5-6-59-9-111-7-6-6-2-6-4-9-7-9-47-6-37-14_48/en/1-0-17

^ that setup can be tweaked slightly, remove flow or rage and add Blind Rage and max out streamline.

Edited by Methanoid

^ This, imho only her 4 ability is worth anything and as mentioned above when it eventually cant cope killwise, it still functions as a decent CC ability, to make this a decent ability tho involves crippling your power duration whihc in turn gimps your other 3 abilitys.

this is the setup i use on my Saryn atm.  (was pretty useful/solid in the event)

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Saryn/t_30_43001240044_1-0-10-2-6-10-4-7-5-5-2-2-6-5-5-7-8-5-37-10-5-47-9-5-55-1-5-59-3-3-111-4-3_1-7-55-6-5-6-59-9-111-7-6-6-2-6-4-9-7-9-47-6-37-14_48/en/1-0-17

^ that setup can be tweaked slightly, remove flow or rage and add Blind Rage and max out streamline.

you stole my build!!!!! lol literally the only difference in our builds is my streamline is maxed.... I have a contagion build as well for her and it's pretty viable she uses contagion/venom I can hit 4k dmg with the dragon nikana and it last like 49 seconds I believe ... the miasma build is much more viable though

you stole my build!!!!! lol literally the only difference in our builds is my streamline is maxed.... I have a contagion build as well for her and it's pretty viable she uses contagion/venom I can hit 4k dmg with the dragon nikana and it last like 49 seconds I believe ... the miasma build is much more viable though

:)  well when we look at just using Miasma, theres not many ways to maximise it and the leftover slots imho its best to maximise on her strong point like effective health.

like i mentioned above tho, adding blind rage can be useful for way more miasma damage, just remove something you dont need, tho adding blind rage means you need both fleeting and streamline max'd.

on your build your using max streamline and max fleeting expertise without blind rage?  pwr eff cap is 75%, so max fleeting is 60%, meaning you can save mod points using a 15% streamline.

instead of contagion like you tried, before adding Rage i used Molt, even on small duration (8 sec i think it ends up) you can let it die or prematurely throw it down again and whatever was near your molt gets toxified, occasionally useful, but during the event i removed molt for Rage as it seemed more useful.

Edited by Methanoid

:)  well when we look at just using Miasma, theres not many ways to maximise it and the leftover slots imho its best to maximise on her strong point like effective health.

like i mentioned above tho, adding blind rage can be useful for way more miasma damage, just remove something you dont need, tho adding blind rage means you need both fleeting and streamline max'd.

on your build your using max streamline and max fleeting expertise without blind rage?  pwr eff cap is 75%, so max fleeting is 60%, meaning you can save mod points using a 15% streamline.

instead of contagion like you tried, before adding Rage i used Molt, even on small duration (8 sec i think it ends up) you can let it die or prematurely throw it down again and whatever was near your molt gets toxified, occasionally useful, but during the event i removed molt for Rage as it seemed more useful.

I always use rage for miasma my build is completely different for my contagion build .... build A is miasma build B is contagion just for when I wanna switch it up and have people wondering what in the hell im doing lol