Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Just Make A Petition To Fix Mutalist Ospreys

Fullmetal_Underpants

not concerning their navigation issues, i'm referring to the cloud resulting from their charge trail.

if we made it viral instead of toxic, not only would it make more sense, considering that they are the infested, not the "let's go make poison chemicals" intelligent anymore life-forms...

what would this do?  well for one it would limit how much damage that the cloud could do to us, nobody would get instantly ended by the duration of a single poison proc at mid-high levels. what it does is allow a small amount of wiggle room.

why do it?  because nobody wants to have to deal with a flying mob that charges you and misses you, but instant-kills you anyway because of a cloud based poison damage proc that nobody short of rhino can often really survive.

it goes without saying, you don't stand in the green crap, yes, that much is gloriously obvious. but when that cloud flies at you about as fast as a speed -buffed volt doing the zorencopter, it's not exactly something you can avoid without a boatlad of luck. the tell that the osprey is about to do it, is insultingly brief and they're already dodgy and hard to hit in the first place. so you do often wind up in situations where you have 2-4 of them up all charge-spamming and half the room is covered in the unavoidable death cloud.

so naturally the new unit is basically the most feared thing they have at their disposal... now that said it really shouldn't be. they already have the self-destruct, they already have that short range embolist style weapon, they're small, they move erratically and they have a lot of parts of their body that are very thin and difficult to hit. don't take these as points of complaint, they're not, i like a somewhat challenging enemy, what i don't like is an enemy whose very presence says "aw hell, not again" when you're only looking at level 50s...

it's been brought up a few times that the best solution to the ridiculousness would be to give the cloud trail a viral proc instead. getting wrecked by a toxic cloud 4 seconds AFTER you got out of it is not only unfair but obnoxious, you recognize the danger, you get away from it, everything should be fine... but no, it happened on top of your head, so you die anyway. sooo... what seems fair about that? nothing really. however giving it something like a viral proc, where it doesn't kill you on its own... doooes give other enemies around you a more sporting chance of taking you down, doesn't it? while still giving you a chance to not say you died because you played.

so let's pretend this is a petition,  post something with your approval or disapproval of this idea?  because frankly i'm sure a lot of people can agree that a support unit should not by any means be more capable of taking out players more often than any of the other units a faction has available.

They already nerfed damage on it, it's just as easy to dodge as an oxium osprey, and if you don't dodge it you can easily move out before you take any real damage.

The idea that they drop you instantly is a load of carp.

I thought it was a fine challenge pre-nerf, It's pretty obvious that I still think it's fine post-nerf. Kind of funny, but I think I take more damage from them now because they're hardly worth even paying attention to now, just like the rest of the game... Hardly worth paying attention to...

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

They already nerfed damage on it, it's just as easy to dodge as an oxium osprey, and if you don't dodge it you can easily move out before you take any real damage.

The idea that they drop you instantly is a load of carp.

I thought it was a fine challenge pre-nerf, It's pretty obvious that I still think it's fine post-nerf. Kind of funny, but I think I take more damage from them now because they're hardly worth even paying attention to now, just like the rest of the game... Hardly worth paying attention to...

then why do you still even bother playing if you feel it's hardly worth paying attention? legitimately curious, because i've been at this for months and still find various things about it amusing. then again i have an addictive personality and a minor obsession with collecting things.

ospreys are fine, other than the navigation problems.

if either of you are suffering burnout, take a week or two off.

I know what you mean...

then again i have an addictive personality and a minor obsession with collecting things.

As long as the Toxin proc DoT goes away, I'll be a happy camper (that is still forced to move because an osprey farted).

But yes, try playing against the Gas Hive's Viral proccing clouds. It feels so much more fun to me, because I am not guaranteed to go down if I manage to exit the cloud.

Playing against Mutalist Ospreys, I might as well just scoff and stand still for the Toxin proc DoT to down me.

As long as the Toxin proc DoT goes away, I'll be a happy camper (that is still forced to move because an osprey farted).

But yes, try playing against the Gas Hive's Viral proccing clouds. It feels so much more fun to me, because I am not guaranteed to go down if I manage to exit the cloud.

Playing against Mutalist Ospreys, I might as well just scoff and stand still for the Toxin proc DoT to down me.

it's that proc that just makes me facepalm, i've been doing defenses all day today, so i haven't gotten hit by it... today...  but yesterday and the day before, that S#&$ just wrecks you. i mean yeah if you stand in it for more than 2-3 seconds, you really do deserve to get nailed, but one of them just decides to charge you and you instantly get the toxic proc?  you were dead by the end of it if they were over level 60. if they were over 70, you were dead on 1-2 ticks.

on an aside, nothing does viral to us in this game and i'd kinda welcome it as a debuff we could suffer in the pve end of things, you still have your shields to back up on till you run face first into a toxic ancient's mutant abs... then you kinda deserve that toxic damage :|

The only issue I have with them is the pathing. I've said it countless times.

The pathing of those enemies in defense is actually unforgivably atrocious and 100% objectively terrible. In most cases it's actually so bad that you honestly question if the devs did it on purpose, like, "jesus christ this couldn't have been an accident, someone just hates literally every single person in the fanbase in order to make pathing this godawful".

When an enemy adds minutes to a mission, simply by EXISTING SOMEWHERE ON THE MAP, it needs reworking.

Main changes I would make:

- Distinctive noise before charging. What makes them so frustrating to deal with right now is their sneak attack capability.

- Remove the toxic proc. High damage in the cloud is fine, but high damage after leaving the cloud because the Osprey had a lucky roll of the dice punishes players regardless of how skilled they are. It basically checks if you have Life Strike equipped, and if you don't, you die. It's unfair and doesn't add anything to the game.

- Add a Viral proc, in case the loss of sneak attacks and unfair DoT makes them too easy to fight (likely).

Honestly...I'd say Toxic damage and Proc need a nerf, not the Ospreys. I keep looking at it different ways; What the Ospray does is fine, for the most part. It's just the damage  and how it works-- Going right through shields-- makes ANYTHING with toxic ungodly broken and 'OP'. Toxic leader? Broken. Toxic Ancients, until recently, broken as a NJ car. Now it's the Ospray, and honestly...It's not what it does, it's just the damage type needs to be re examined.

I support this post, but let's look at it calmly, because the opinions expressed here belong to both the extremes, without a middle ground - basicaly there are some very pissed people who find them too challenging (and mostly want nerfs or changes), and others who are pissed at the pissed ones for whining at the new level of difficulty this ennemy adds to the game :

So let's explore the ideas mentionned because they are good ^^, and the changes possibles :

- Yes the poison proc is too high ; the insta-kill at high/veryhigh levels is more than an issue, as in narrow spaces with more than one osprey the entire team can go down, or are forced to reach higher ground and leave their teammates to die. The "map cloud of death" that can happen when more than 2 ospreys go spam-charging is an issue.

- The fact that they are hard to hit is challenging enough I think - no modification needed : Waframe is still a TPS - A little aim is needed from the player ^^ - Adjust your sights tennos ^^

- The idea of changing to viral proc would be interesting, but it would require a damage buff, as it does not DoT, and if need to keep the monster challenging enough. Keeping the Poison proc is also an option, but would require either making the attack pattern more obvious (as mentionned above) with noise and/or reduction of the area of the cloud. My personnal idea would be to remove the cloud but, like the corpus oxium osprey, to cause the poison proc (buffed) or a smaller gas cloud if he manages to hit you at the end of the charge - like the self destruct of his brother - this would promote dodging manuvers (ninja ^^) while giving a bit of breathing space.

- The fact that global CCs like Bastille or Vortex do not work on them is also an issue : Bastille does not stop them and they can rush out of the vortex if a tenno gets too close - I don't know if that was intended, but in high level defenses in narrow spaces, It become impossible to survive a rush of more than one of them, except with very specific team compositions and equipement.

Other than that, I personnaly like the little buggers, as they keept me on my toes during the breeding ground event (and occasionnaly on the ground ^^). It is nice to have a challenging ennemy that can force you to "play well to survive" and to coordinate with your teammates to bring down in order to ensure the survival of the team. I belieive that this was the idea behind the devellopement of such an ennemy, and, like a lot of this in Warframe, it needs just a little balance to make it perfect.

Let's all uphold the Balance Tennos !

I like them too. Its the clouds of death that seem to cover an area the size of Brazil that get me... put some kind of limiter on spawning them so if you get 2 or more at once its because you ignored them for too long. 

I think its their poison damage scaling at higher levels that is the problems

lvl 70+ and they proc poison on you your going to die, its the same with toxic ancients though

What they need to do is cap the amount of poison damage they can (ancients and mutalist ospreys) deal so that as it scales up it doesnt reach 200+ damage per tick or make it scale by % of max health instead of a raw number (3 to 5 to 7 to 10% etc. you get the point)

Or change the proc, from a set damage proc that scales up, to a percentage proc that scales up... .something that removes 10% of your total health at level 10 and 60-70% at level 70+

Just a thought