Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Dojo Layout - Combat Control

Educated_Beast

Question

CLAN DOJO LAYOUT  - COMBAT CONTROL

Hi Warframe community,
The purpose of this thread is to provide an example of what a thought out dojo will look like.  Feel free to copy the layout, be inspired to share yours, or join us and enjoy it firsthand!  WE ARE RECRUITING, CLICK HERE FOR INFO

I spent a lot of time learning the dojo "tools" and managed to build a nice dojo that has all the useful rooms in one convenient location, is not a linear build (which is hard with parent / child limitations), and has plenty of interesting room candy to look at.  This design has the following aspects:

- All the reactors in the basement
-The elevators going down (and future up) connect  allowing access from different paths
- All research rooms close to spawn point (in greatest hall located on far right) because they are what we use most
- The dueling rooms are in the spawn point
- The obstacle course is at the end (but hey, if you're going to run obstacle, you need to run to get there)
- A layout that looks like a giant space ship
- Future expansion will have the same layout in the basement; but on an upper floor.  This will include barracks and any new rooms (I'm hoping for a docking station for our future Warframe ships)

To do this, I used the tools here: Dojo Map Icon Set (U13 Dojo Room Added) and of course a photo editor.  I personally use the freeware GIMP and just create a large layout with many layers easily moving them around until I find what I like and know it fits.  The dojo tools in Warframe are not forgiving.  This method will save you weeks if not months of trial and error!  Here is the blueprint of Combat Control Clan dojo:

nppncn00ro1el8p6g.jpg

Here is the first floor in-game:
15cax0f7mwp55066g.jpg

Here is the power level basement: 
ircm3sgpmhzthta6g.jpg
Notice I still managed to fit in a garden and the elevators connect.  It is possible to leave the first floor, go into the basement, and come up on the other side!  There is also plenty of room for future growth by adding a cross connector and additional reactors. 

(Most) comments are welcome and encouraged. 

7 answers to this question

nppncn00ro1el8p6g.jpg

Funny... Our clan dojo had pretty much the same layout in October/November or something... Back when the Observatory, Trophyroom and the big garden's weren't there yet.

1401603_268301279992453_336329725_o.jpg

But finally we decided to scrap it once more for a more centralistic design because my mates started to hate to run all the distance between the 2 grand halls. They got pretty tired of the design pretty fast and redoing it with the trophyrooms/big gardens seemed even more tedious because it puts the grand halls even further apart. xD

Also I wasn't sure that the elevators would fit with the damn middle hall's useless "wings"... they often block adjacent rooms. xD

Edited by MeduSalem

^

Looks cool to me.  I'm not sure why you would ever need to go to more than one Grand Hall.  The reason I like this layout is because I do not have to go through all the other halls (and not linear).  I'm curious, why?

Our spawn point is in the grandest hall (far right).  I go there to trade, research, and the occasional duel.  Everything I need is close.  The obstacle course is the exception but after you've ran it a few times, its not something to go to often anyway. 

Here is the dojo layout of the clan I'm in... Kinda. We are still a shadow clan so there aren't that many barracks and only one side of the main level has an obstacle course. I designed it so everything any one really needs (labs, dueling, obstacle) is all near where you spawn into. Those other halls are just really annoying to have around so put them all outa the way in a place that won't be used and we still have another side of the top floor to use just in case.

Clan: Fairy Tale

Warlord: Grandmaster-builder5

FairyTailDojoRevised_zpsfe819542.jpg

^

Looks cool to me.  I'm not sure why you would ever need to go to more than one Grand Hall.  The reason I like this layout is because I do not have to go through all the other halls (and not linear).  I'm curious, why?

Our spawn point is in the grandest hall (far right).  I go there to trade, research, and the occasional duel.  Everything I need is close.  The obstacle course is the exception but after you've ran it a few times, its not something to go to often anyway. 

That's the minor difference to what we had. I wanted to have a super-symmetric design, so if you look closely we put the dueling room(s) at the other Grand Hall by the Obstacle Course, so we don't need all those cross connectors in between the Grandest Hall and the Observatory to fit the Labs there. Later I replaced the Oracle with the Tenno Lab and moved the Oracle and Orokin Lab next to the Dueling rooms near the obstacle course... once they came around. I find it an unbearable compromise if it isn't symmetric. I can't take that because I'm a perfectionist in that manner. xD

So basically what happened then was that some people only go to the dojo for Lab-stuff and some went there to hang out, duel and run the obstacle course. Then people started to freak out and I had to take away their Architect rights because they were often changing the spawn places between the two Grand Halls. Obviously I couldn't please both groups so I made the spawn point in the middle hall and people weren't fond of that either.

Finally it all boiled down to the point where I said "f*ck it" and teared down the whole dojo to make the Trophy room the middle and connect one of the grand halls on each side of the trophy room and have everything much more close together and move the completely unused rooms on the outer edge of the Dojo. That seemed to please everybody. I still wish I could make the Trophy room the spawn room, but that's only wishful thinking. xD

I still like your/our old design better because it would work if the distances wouldn't be that bad. :D

Well lets wait until DE decides to throw in some new rooms or makes some changes to the Hall-System, because as it is now the other Halls don't really serve any purpose, especially the first 3 tiers.

At least whatever you do... Don't have elevators to connect rooms that are being used by most clan members... That's just a no-go and will drive people insane. Had that in the first iteration past summer and wow... it sucked. xD

Edited by MeduSalem