Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Antitoxin's True Value -- It's Two Third Of The Original Value!

Twilight053

Question

In practice, the percentage of the Antitoxin resistance does not truly represent the damage it resists. For example, having a fully modded Antitoxin (45%) will only resist 30 18px-Toxin_b.png Toxin damage out of 100.

The reason of this is because of how Warframe's health are composed of Flesh, all Warframes are weak to 18px-Toxin_b.png Toxin damage and receives bonus damage of 50% from that source. Therefore, by default all Warframes will receive 150% damage from 18px-Toxin_b.png Toxin source.

Using the Antitoxin mod will reduce the bonus damage inflicted linearly instead of multiplicatively. For example, using a fully upgraded Antitoxin (45%) will total the odds between the resisted damage and the original damage by (150%-45%):150% = 105%:150%, or 70%:100%, or 7:10. Therefore, it can be concluded that all Warframe with fully modded Antitoxin only resists 30% instead of 45% of 18px-Toxin_b.png Toxin damage, which determines the Toxin Resistance's True Value formula to be:

True Value ≈ Value*2/3

EVIDENCE:

Test 1 - Dual Ichor against unmodded Mag: 31 damage (http://puu.sh/bYYU3/a77b75c29e.jpg)

Test 2 - Dual Ichor against Mag with Rank 5 Antitoxin: 21 damage (http://puu.sh/bYZ6M/3e145953f7.jpg)

So, we have:

BasePercentage-ResistedPercentage = ResistanceInPractice

100%-(21/31 * 100%) = 100% - 68% = 32%

And if we compare the Resistance In Practice with Theoritical Resistance (30%)...

ResistanceInPractice : TheoriticalResistance

32% : 30%

Do not be fooled by the description, people -- It's weaker than you think!

Edited by Twilight053

It's only "weaker" because Tenno are weak vs Toxin.  Lightning Rod or Flame Repellent wouldn't have this "issue" since Tennos' resists don't  modify Electric or Fire damage. 

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this thread.  100 Toxin damage is actually 150 damage when applied to Flesh.  150 - (150 * .45) = 82.5.  82.5 = .55 * 150.  You are resisting 45% of the 150 damage that you received; the mod behaves exactly as advertised. 

Edit: Adjusted calculations to reflect Antitoxin's actual value of 45% resistance. 

Edited by RealPandemonium

A fully ranked Anti-Toxin is 45% resistance and not 60%.

He edited his OP so this might not make sense now. He was talking as if the mod was supposed to mitigate 60%

Edited by RexSol

You'r wrong on the figure for antitoxin mod.

It provides 7.5% at base level and 7.5% per level.
It has 5 levels.
SO from the 5 levels it gains 37.5% resistance.
Add on the base 7.5% and you get 45% resistance.

So the mod is only supposed to block 45% of the damage, not 60%.

Please update your findings and dont edit the wiki before you double-check basic information like that.

Edited by Tsukinoki

You'r wrong on the figure for antitoxin mod.

It provides 7.5% at base level and 7.5% per level.

It has 5 levels.

SO from the 5 levels it gains 37.5% resistance.

Add on the base 7.5% and you get 45% resistance.

So the mod is only supposed to block 45% of the damage, not 60%.

Please update your findings and dont edit the wiki before you double-check basic information like that.

Oh, thanks! Updated.

I really hope this is some sort of oversight bug, but then again the evidence to the latter is pretty clear. I feel like DE is just so afraid of congruent scaling - where a Warframe's resistances and strengths remain congruent to and enemies level. One example of what I'm talking about is making Warframe power damage a percentage rather than a static damage number, at which the devs shuddered and shied away from. It really saddens me to see what seems to be a harsh phobia of end-game capabilities, making it so a player's ability to reach high levels is not dependant on skill but rather how many and what way they apply damage mods. 

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this thread.  100 Toxin damage is actually 150 damage when applied to Flesh.  150 - (150 * .6) = 60.  60 = .4 * 150.  You are resisting 60% of the 150 damage that you received; the mod behaves exactly as advertised. 

no, at max it should be 85-90% resistance, otherwise it would break the game easy

How so? Let's say that all of the elemental resistances are set to 100% so you decide to get a little crazy with them. You equip all four of them at once - you're now invulnerable to toxin, fire, cold, and electrical damage.How many enemies are you resistant to in the scope of the game? Maybe about 5 percent at most. 

It's only "weaker" because Tenno are weak vs Toxin.  Lightning Rod or Flame Repellent wouldn't have this "issue" since Tennos' resists don't  modify Electric or Fire damage. 

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this thread.  100 Toxin damage is actually 150 damage when applied to Flesh.  150 - (150 * .45) = 82.5.  82.5 = .55 * 150.  You are resisting 45% of the 150 damage that you received; the mod behaves exactly as advertised. 

Edit: Adjusted calculations to reflect Antitoxin's actual value of 45% resistance.

This pretty much. But its Lazies who can't be bothered to try and tank/survive anything, much easier to just come on the forums and beg for nerfs all day long

Waframe playerbase= buncha exposed whiners who wanna run from Mercury through Pluto and Derelicts/Void with just one Redirection mod.

This pretty much. But its Lazies who can't be bothered to try and tank/survive anything, much easier to just come on the forums and beg for nerfs all day long

Waframe playerbase= buncha exposed whiners who wanna run from Mercury through Pluto and Derelicts/Void with just one Redirection mod.

Nerfs? I thought we were asking for buffs. :P

150 - (150 * .45) = 82.5.  82.5 = .55 * 150.  You are resisting 45% of the 150 damage that you received; the mod behaves exactly as advertised.

Nein, the damage you resisted are reduced linearly, not multiplicatively. I tried it out myself ingame you can try it yourself in return.

Edited by Twilight053