Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[De] Things That Are Annoying, Please.

Awazx

Dear [DE] 

I first want to say that English is not my language. Second, acknowledge the constructive reading of this text. I wrote it with the intention to improve the game, not to attack. 

1.'s Annoying to lose all power in the middle of a fight. Example situation: yesterday with Loki. Survival III level. One of my companions falls. I am writing to revive at full speed. My partner is surrounded by a swarm of enemies. As everyone knows, Loki is completely dependent on its energy (invisibility). Upon arrival, the last seconds of my invisibility expire. I want to relaunch invisibility. But then a disruptor removes all my energy. What does Loki surrounded by 20 enemies level 30, without power, unable to launch invisibility or disarmament, while missing 4 seconds to your partner die at your feet? 

Losing all the energy in the game is not fun, or rewarding or make the game harder. It's just annoying and a way to "trap" the player. Consider alternatives: 

a. The disruptor does not remove all power, only part of it (%). 

b. The disruptor prevents you could use your skills for (x / sec). 

You see, it is not necessary to disruptor remove, change its dynamics is sufficient. 

2. Procs status. No sense walking equipped with a shield worth 1110 points and be completely helpless because one shot will proc status is bleeding his guts. 

The shield is for that: to be a shield against threats. Coat management should be part of the player's skills (manage its durability, duration, level). If the shield goes down and the shots hurt my life is my just "punishment" for my lack of skill. 

At this time, "through the shields" is another way of cheating the player. Does the game harder: it does inconsistent and annoying. Prefer a Grineer remove me level 40 200 shield points with each shot; at least you could manage the fight (for cover, find support, hide). 

The game should be difficult, but without removing the player basic skills or resources. A Warframe have skills: I have the right to use my skills provided at all times. Running out of energy in the middle of combat should be because of my mistakes. A Warframe used shields and shields protect my life. If they touch my life must be because of that I could not properly manage my shields. 

Thanks for reading.

i like how the game is, the only that needs tweaking are the eximus that stills your energy without you noticing it, that s not cool, we need 

A: something showing that we re losing energy 

B: a decreased range for the energy steal, and something that shows where the dude is out 

after that, no complaints

Your part b in your first part would still not have helped you save your partner...

And warframe is too easy right now. First make the game harder, and then nerf it down. Your solutions are just making the game harder.

What to do if you hate bleed procs? Vitality mods were invented for a reason. (Actually not for this reason, but still... you get my point)

But hey, I see your point, but just like you're giving criticism, im giving my criticism.

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

uhhh im surprised, u did not ask for removal of the arc traps... since in the annoying list arc traps are in the top.

But yah all energy drain items and enemies, need to scale, its quite irrational the way a level 1 disrupted can steal as much energy as an lvl 40+ can.

And the same logic applies to enemies that knock you down and etc.

Edited by 7grims

Vitality mods were invented for a reason. (Actually not for this reason, but still... you get my point)

Currently, Warframe have few mod slots. Equipping a mod of vitality should be an option, not an obligation. If I go with a 1110 Volt shield points and only 300 of life, is a decision I make knowing that I can manage those 1110 points before anything touch my life. The empty slot (which no use for vitality) then I can use it for anything else.

You... couldn't take the time to kill the disruptor first? How far along was your friend's bleedout? From the sound of it you started moving to revive him as soon as he went down. You couldn't take a couple seconds to kill the disruptor? Or wait long enough to get your invis back up without the risk of the disruptor hitting you?

If your friend had been down for a while and you had no time to spare, alright, maybe that's valid. But typically what I do when a squadmate goes down, is spend a little bit of time clearing out the enemies in the immediate area. It prevents stuff like this from happening.

You... couldn't take the time to kill the disruptor first? How far along was your friend's bleedout? From the sound of it you started moving to revive him as soon as he went down. You couldn't take a couple seconds to kill the disruptor? Or wait long enough to get your invis back up without the risk of the disruptor hitting you?

If your friend had been down for a while and you had no time to spare, alright, maybe that's valid. But typically what I do when a squadmate goes down, is spend a little bit of time clearing out the enemies in the immediate area. It prevents stuff like this from happening.

Do you know? I just read a post in another forum where someone says to submit in these forums is completely useless. In the same thread, another person says that 95% of the responses received are completely stupid. II guess you refer to responses like yours. 

I will not waste my time responding to your "comment".
Edited by Awazx

Currently, Warframe have few mod slots. Equipping a mod of vitality should be an option, not an obligation. If I go with a 1110 Volt shield points and only 300 of life, is a decision I make knowing that I can manage those 1110 points before anything touch my life. The empty slot (which no use for vitality) then I can use it for anything else.

Yes, that's exactly what happened for ages.  People simply ignored health and healing, and simply stacked shields figuring correctly that regeneration made shield infinitely better then other methods of protecting.

That is no longer the case because it made healing items, frames, and boosts valueless.

A return to that system is just turning redirection and other shield mods into an obligation, not an option.

I disagree with both. 

1) Putting someone on cooldown and not able to use skills would just make them retreat and wait. It would be a "go sit in the elevator wearing the dunce cap" effect, nothing more. Taking people's power away makes them actually care and leads to other gameplay like using restore packs, checking lockers or breaking things, Trinity paying attention and giving you power back when it wears off etc.

Taking power doesn't break game flow. You have to keep moving and deal with it. Putting everything on cooldown does break game flow, it just leads to players coptering away and waiting instead of making decisions or looking for solutions.

2) Slash is just too common. Shield bypass was in the game long ago, people just didn't mind because they could pay attention and deal with it through gameplay. It was their own fault if they didn't play well. When you put slash procs all over every enemy projectile it stops being something players can deal with and just becomes 'more damage'.

It's obviously and unarguably dumbing the game down if shields can defend against everything and nothing bypasses them. It's also obviously and unarguably dumbing the game down if I need HP and HP regen everywhere I go all the time because shields are never reliable.

Edited by VKhaun

Do you know? I just read a post in another forum where someone says to submit in these forums is completely useless. In the same thread, another person says that 95% of the responses received are completely stupid. I guess when I wrote that concerned responses like yours. 

I will not waste my time responding to your "comment".

Well that was just uncalled for. I don't know the situation you were in and was actually asking what the situation was. I also gave a very simple solution that I often use, which prevents things like this from happening. Obviously it doesn't work all the time, but it works pretty often. I'm sorry that you chose to take it in such a negative way, that was not my intent.

So then, here, a hopefully more constructive response: I agree that the disruption is a bit much. It could possibly be looked at, but at the same time, it's really not all that bad unless you're playing on really high levels. I usually play Nyx, an energy-heavy frame with minimal armor. If my shields go out, it's a big deal. And if my energy goes out too, an even bigger deal. Knowing this, I try to play defensively. If a squadmate goes down, I take steps to stop myself from being killed while reviving them. Take a little time to quickly assess the situation and take care of major threats quickly. It takes a few seconds, really. I have plenty of time to revive my partner.

Yes, the disruptors could probably use a nerf. The complete loss of shields and energy is very annoying. But at the same time, the player usually has the power to prevent the disruptor from stealing all their energy.

Your suggestion is not a bad one. I just think that with a bit of caution on the player's part, which I myself practice, this kind of thing can be more readily avoided. And promoting caution in the player is the whole point of the enemy in question.

The most annoying thing in this thread is the OP. ORIGINAL POST. How come everyone else can defeat these enemies? Try and figure out what you can do better and start doing that. Quit asking the game to change. WE LIKE THIS GAME AND THESE ENEMIES. YOU CHANGE. DUDE. BLOCK! disruptor hit you? shock eximus hit you? BLOCK AND REGROUP. It wil be ok.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Well that was just uncalled for. I don't know the situation you were in and was actually asking what the situation was. I also gave a very simple solution that I often use, which prevents things like this from happening. Obviously it doesn't work all the time, but it works pretty often. I'm sorry that you chose to take it in such a negative way, that was not my intent.

I see you are an educated person and deserve an apology from me. I beg ignore my previous answer. I'm tired of writing in these forums with my best and will be attacked or unnecessary comments.

Now, the issue:

You say: "...You... couldn't take the time to kill the disruptor first? How far along was your friend's bleedout? From the sound of it you started moving to revive him as soon as he went down. You couldn't take a couple seconds to kill the disruptor? Or wait long enough to get your invis back up without the risk of the disruptor hitting you?"

Imagine the situation:

a. It is a survival level III. For over 30 minutes (the enemies are of considerable level).

b. My colleague falls quite far (some 200 meters). The road is full of dangerous enemies. I do not stop to fight with them. Launched invisibility. My Loki unseen hold 19 seconds (do not set to "permanent invisibility").

c. Upon arrival, my partner is missing a few seconds to survive. Is completely surrounded by enemies. There are also a whole army of sentries shield that create confusion. It's like being in the middle of a web of lights.

d. I decide that, as is shortly to die and I'm Invisible (me missing 8 seconds to lose invisibility, but my partner will die in 4) is better first and then revive, throw invisibility + radial disarmament.

e. But just to get a disruptor takes all my energy. In 6 seconds I will be visible, I am completely surrounded by powerful enemies and I can not even launch a disarmament radial face them melee.

Now I ask you: Do you really think that in the midst of this chaos and missing you 4 seconds to my partner dies, I'll stop and look if there is a disruptor among the swarm of enemies?

I'm not an elite player, but I'm not the worst. I have 600 hours of play and I can hold 40 minutes Survival III solo (with proper equipment). I say this because I know exactly how to handle these situations, provided you have the resources that belong to me. That is:

1) the availability of my energy.

2) the availability of my shields.

3) the availability of my guns.

If the game takes away any of those things without notice, are not making my game challenging or difficult, are "cheating".

The most annoying thing in this thread is the OP. How come everyone else can defeat these enemies? Try and figure out what you can do better and start doing that. Quit asking the game to change. WE LIKE THIS GAME AND THESE ENEMIES. 

Many people does not think like you. Read more forum. And let the personal attacks.

Edited by Awazx

I see you are an educated person and deserve an apology from me. I beg ignore my previous answer. I'm tired of writing in these forums with my best and will be attacked or unnecessary comments.

Now, the issue:

You say: "...You... couldn't take the time to kill the disruptor first? How far along was your friend's bleedout? From the sound of it you started moving to revive him as soon as he went down. You couldn't take a couple seconds to kill the disruptor? Or wait long enough to get your invis back up without the risk of the disruptor hitting you?"

Imagine the situation:

a. It is a survival level III. For over 30 minutes (the enemies are of considerable level).

b. My colleague falls quite far (some 200 meters). The road is full of dangerous enemies. I do not stop to fight with them. Launched invisibility. My Loki unseen hold 19 seconds (do not set to "permanent invisibility").

c. Upon arrival, my partner is missing a few seconds to survive. Is completely surrounded by enemies. There are also a whole army of sentries shield that create confusion. It's like being in the middle of a web of lights.

d. I decide that, as is shortly to die and I'm Invisible (me missing 8 seconds to lose invisibility, but my partner will die in 4) is better first and then revive, throw invisibility + radial disarmament.

e. But just to get a disruptor takes all my energy. In 6 seconds I will be visible, I am completely surrounded by powerful enemies and I can not even launch a disarmament radial face them melee.

Now I ask you: Do you really think that in the midst of this chaos and missing you 4 seconds to my partner dies, I'll stop and look if there is a disruptor among the swarm of enemies?

I'm not an elite player, but I'm not the worst. I have 600 hours of play and I can hold 40 minutes Survival III solo (with proper equipment). I say this because I know exactly how to handle these situations, provided you have the resources that belong to me. That is:

If the game takes away any of those things without notice, are not making my game challenging or difficult, are "cheating".

What a specific scenario. Hey man...tough break. Make a decision. Either save your comrade or yourself. Or both cuz...decoy. Why is it that you feel that the designers of this game should augment it so you can EASILY walk away from a situation like this? Why shouldn't the responsibility be on you to overcome? At what point does skill come into play and the growth there of? Also how are your guns made unavailable to YOU? I ASK LOKI THE RADIAL DISARM FRAME. Learn the art of BLOCKING. It will save your life. Also...decoy. Use it. Also...make better choices with power usage decoy would have saved you energy and redirected fire while invisibility does its thing.   

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Many people does not think like you. Read more forum. And let the personal attacks.

Nice how you left out the part where I tried to teach you how to defeat your problem. It's not personal the original post is annoying and annoys me more than any enemy in game. You as a peson don't annoy me but that post does.

Now, the issue:

Imagine the situation:

Alright, now I understand the situation, I think. But just to be clear, when you say he fell far, you mean he was far away from you when he fell, right? Not that he was in a large room and fell to the bottom of the room from the top. I'm going to assume that's what you meant, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

And in that case, depending on the weapon you have, yes, I really would take out the disruptor before reviving him. Or if the weapon's not uup to the task, cast a decoy, since the frame being used is a Loki. Or in my case as a Nyx, use mind control on it or just Chaos the whole room. As I said, there is almost always some way to take out the main danger in these situations.

As I said earlier, there is almost always time to remove the threat somehow. Support frames like Loki are very good at this. Simply casting Decoy a fair distance away from the downed player would have been a good idea. It would have drawn away all the enemies, probably long enought o revive the downed player, depending on how far away the decoy was place.

Also, as I said earlier, the whole point of the disruptor is to be a major hazard. Nerfing the disruptor would remove the threat, and many players would agree that's bad, because at this stage the game is pretty easy. We need more challenge. And the disruptor does add challenge. It makes you pause for a second and come up with a way to get around it. And it really does take a second. See a downed player surrounded by enemies, invis about to run out, downed player only has four seconds: cast decoy away from the player and then revive.

Nice how you left out the part where I tried to teach you how to defeat your problem. It's not personal the original post is annoying and annoys me more than any enemy in game. You as a peson don't annoy me but that post does.

If my post is bothersome, you just need to leave or keep your mouth shut. I am expressing a problem to improve the game. Now, go away and stop making irrelevant comments.

What a specific scenario. Hey man...tough break. Make a decision. Either save your comrade or yourself. Or both cuz...decoy. Why is it that you feel that the designers of this game should augment it so you can EASILY walk away from a situation like this? Why shouldn't the responsibility be on you to overcome? At what point does skill come into play and the growth there of? Also how are your guns made unavailable to YOU? I ASK LOKI THE RADIAL DISARM FRAME. Learn the art of BLOCKING. It will save your life. Also...decoy. Use it. Also...make better choices with power usage decoy would have saved you energy and redirected fire while invisibility does its thing.   

It is very easy to give good advice now, sitting quietly in a chair and when not in the midst of a real situation. The same situation can be solved in many different ways. My plan in that case was perfectly correct and applicable. Another thing is that I removed without warning the resources to carry it out.

Edited by Awazx

If my post is bothersome, you just need to leave or keep your mouth shut. I am expressing a problem to improve the game. Now, go away and stop making irrelevant comments.

Well that was quite rude. I decline to "leave" I disagree with your opinion and think your suggestion is a poor one and reflects a defeatist attitude and hinders the game. That offends my sensibilities as a winner. I'd like to suggest how to overcome your problem while you suggest that someone overcomes it for you. Keep it civil. There is a way to overcome. My posts are relevant they just do not AGREE with yours. This aint a pity party and if it is I'm the pity party pooper. I'll wear that title proudly. Think I'll put that on my profile. 

Well that was quite rude. I decline to "leave" I disagree with your opinion and think your suggestion is a poor one and reflects a defeatist attitude and hinders the game. That offends my sensibilities as a winner. I'd like to suggest how to overcome your problem while you suggest that someone overcomes it for you. Keep it civil. There is a way to overcome. My posts are relevant they just do not AGREE with yours. This aint a pity party and if it is I'm the pity party pooper. I'll wear that title proudly. Think I'll put that on my profile. 

Your comments do nothing constructive. Saying "the OP is more annoying than any enemy in the game" is unnecessary and disrespectful. We notice that you are a very young and inexperienced person, so I apologize. Now, let people discuss this topic constructive attitude and do not distract us.

Your comments do nothing constructive. Saying "the OP is more annoying than any enemy in the game" is unnecessary and disrespectful. We notice that you are a very young and inexperienced person, so I apologize. Now, let people discuss this topic constructive attitude and do not distract us.

This is the last time I will indulge you. You don't think calling assets in the game on the forum of the game annoying is disrespectful and unnecessary? Why not because that is how you feel? What a coincidence. The original post is annoying not the person who posted it. Or at least wasn't. But the Post is and always will be to ME. As a grown married man and father I'd say my 3yr old daughter is far less whiny and my 2yr old son is far tougher in spirit than that post. Maybe I was lucky to be blessed with a beautiful AND strong wife. I think the most constructive parts of my post are the parts where I give you a proven strategy on how to overcome your issues. Also where I reinforce the merits OF BLOCKING and proper energy usage. Sorry dude I'm not buying it. You want someone to whine with you. Sorry I'm all about self empowerment. Again keep it civil.  

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

(I invite people to actually read this entire post so's we don't get even MORE misunderstandings.)

One main problem often is that there's no buff and debuff symbol for a lot of things.

Some things have visual cues, like Warcry, effects on the frame, but sometimes it's nice to have an icon on the screen.

Would be great to have a debuff icon for the parasitic eximus.

I think one thing enemies should have is the ability to be dealt with equally by all frames.

I was whining about Shock eximus units in another thread, and said this;

"You shouldn't have to lock yourself into playing a specific frame just to deal with a single poorly designed enemy that spawns randomly."

It doesn't entirely apply here, because that was about Leader units. But the general concept remains the same.

Enemies would be more enjoyable to face, I think, if they could be handled by anyone.

Like, for example, you shouldn't have to play a Rhino just to survive toxic procs. You shouldn't have to play Loki just to avoid debuffs.

Because that isn't FUN, at all. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH SKILL.

The problem is anti-challenges like the Shock Eximus leaders.

With Ancient Disruptors, you can kill them before they take away your energy. They have to do it by hitting you, close range.

It's a little punishing if one gets you, cos sometimes they do it easily, but you can still avoid it.

With the Shock Eximus, you can't avoid it so much.

It can debuff you through walls, through doors, and on different levels, out of sight, from a huge distance.

Unlike Disruptors, it doesn't punish you for lapses of attention or bouts of poor skill.

It punishes you for being nearby.

There are people with a certain attitude that seem to believe that anything that affects you negatively should not be changed.

If you don't like it or you think it's flawed, it's because you're a noob.

You keep giving advice specific to frames or situations that do not always apply.

You also kept saying, in my thread, ways to deal with the shock eximus, while completely ignoring half of what I was saying (the part about it being impossible to get to them or find them).

It's good that you're giving suggestions. I don't have anything against you personally. But you just aren't reading everything.

A lot of this doesn't apply in a lot of situations.

Being able to block does not justify losing all your energy to a debuff you can't avoid at the time. That's like saying having shields justifies an enemy that can kill you in one hit.

You can't block auras, either.

Energy usage doesn't matter when you lose all your energy.

It tends to go like this;

"this is how you deal with it"

"this is why you can't deal with it"

"well this is how you deal with it anyway"

See the problem here?

Edited by AdunSaveMe