Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Immersion Online. Alerts, Mission Effects, Events, Freeroam, Maneuvers, Mechanics. Now With A Website!

GrimR3APER

So, I was playing a sabotage mission on Saturn. The whole time the Lotus was chatting my ear off about how failing to complete the objective could start grineer research on energy weapons. I took my dear Ash's time stealthing the whole mission with my ether daggers alone. I knew nothing would happen in the mission, its pretty lame. My idea is to make "events" that relate to mission objectives and alerts real so the game world becomes much much more alive while giving you something to do outside of missions.

{Updates can be found on the bottom of the thread}

THE START OF IT ALL.

TL;DR PEOPLE, OPEN.

For those of you who decide to miss out on this amazing post with lame TL;DR, shame on you. The thread is sectioned off and will continue to be, Its a large idea so I will NOT gimp on the details. This is suppose to be a big set of ideas to help this game.

Example: I'll use that grineery sabotage mission I played.
So, you fall in on your grate prime and start the mission, this is where my ideas start to intrude.

-First off, your suppose to be sabotaging an enemy plan or equipment, you need to be stealthy.

My idea to make stealth more needed in a mission type is to make it so if the alarms are sound 5 times reinforcement units will arrive in the mission making it harder. The unit's level will be based off your conclave rating so you could probably get level 45-60 enemies if you aren't careful Mr. "Veteran Player". They will spawn along side the normal level units. Encase your the type of person who runs in guns blazing letting them set of the alarm and then kills any who come at you, the high level units will spawn if the alarm is active for more then 3-5 minutes. This gives some incentive to stay hidden or turn of alarms/ not let them be set off.

-Second, the mission is failed if you die when the higher level units are around, no revives but, you don't actually die.

You would take half of the resources and credits you earned and half of the mods you've collected, the rarer mods will have priority so you get them first instead of any crappy ones. This is to prevent hours of grinding from being wasted. The Lotus will say something like this: "The mission objective has been compromised, the *insert faction here* have sent reinforcements to secure the safety of *insert what you needed to do here*. This failure will surely help the cause of *insert faction here*, we must prepare to deal with the repercussions." -Lotus. Thinking while typing has given me and idea, you may be able to use ONE revive but, the units level will increase by 10 and the number of them will increase also. If you die after this revive you lost everything like a normal loss.

-Third, I think there needs to be a new stealth attack animation for edges of corners and a new maneuver with its own stealth attack.

When you walk up to a wall your warframe will press it's back against it, your camera will move towards to open space your facing to give you a better view around the corner. When an enemy gets close to the corner a stealth attack prompt will appear, after you do the attack animation you will put the body around the corner so it isn't seen. I thought it would be cool to use a warframe specific stealth attack instead of a weapon specific one. Each warframe would have its own special animation using its power.

-Ash- Ash would obviously use his wrist blades to stab the enemy in the face then chest.

-Banshee- Banshee would cup her hands around the enemy's head and ears, she would emit sound waves and turn their brain to mush.

-Ember- Ember would grab the enemy's body with both hands and burn through it.

-Excalibur- Excalibur would summon an energy javelin to stab through their head from behind.

-Frost- Frost would grab the enemy's head with one hand and start freezing the body from the head down.

-Hydroid- Hydroid would put his hand on the enemy's chest and summon a tentacle from below them to slam them against the wall.

-Loki- Loki would activate a decoy behind the enemy to hold it still while he punches his hand through them.

-Mag- Mag would head butt the enemy, making their head implode from magnetic forces.

-Nekros- Nekros would summon shadow limbs from below and from the wall to hold the enemy's feet and torso before ripping in their directions violently.

-Nova- Nova would gather antimatter and matter in her left and right hand and slam them together on the enemy's body.(antimatter explodes when in contact with matter)

-Nyx- Nyx would blow the enemy a kiss, the enemy's mind is then controlled to shoot itself in the head.

-Oberon- Oberon would gather an energy spear and stab the enemy in the chest with it.

-Rhino- Rhino would grab the enemy's head and slam it into the wall.

-Saryn- Saryn would stab her hand into the enemy and inject poison, making the enemy disintegrate.

-Trinity-Trinity will touch the enemy and use a small Energy Vampire move to suck the life out of the enemy, they will slowly fall apart from aging.

-Valkyr- Valkyr of course would stab her energy claws into the enemy then rip them out violently.

-Vauban- Vauban would stick a tube shaped device on the enemy that would impale them with a spike.

-Volt- Volt would put both hands on the enemy's torso and fry their insides.

-Zephyr- Zephyr would lift the enemy with tornado like wind, shred them with the force of it, then slam them into the ground.

Most of these would be slightly longer then normal stealth attacks but they do more damage.

The new maneuver is hanging on walls more efficiently and hanging on the ceiling. I know we can grab onto walls already with the wall run but its hard to do when your on a small wall because you run all the way up it, the new wall grab would be used by simple jumping on the wall and holding your sprint key. This way you wouldn't need to run up the wall to hang on it.

The stealth attack would be the first of its kind, you will stay in place on the wall(no sliding down) and it would take less stamina to do then the regular wall grab we have now. You then aim your cursor at an enemy and if they are around 5-7 meters close to you a stealth attack prompt would appear. When executed your frame would propel itself off the wall at your enemy with a unique attack animation for each weapon.

Attack animations for wall attacks.(stealth ones not to be confused with wall run attacks)

-Sword- You would push off the wall and drive the point of your sword into the enemy. Pulling them on the floor when your feet touch the ground.

-Dagger- You would push off the wall with a spin and stab the target in the chest.

-Dual Daggers- You would push off the wall doing a flip, landing on the target, stabbing your daggers into their head/top of them.

-Scythe- You would push of the wall and swing your scythe at the enemies midsection, if they die they get cut in half. If not they get thrown to the floor since the scythe's blade couldn't go through them.

-Polearm- You would push off the wall and drive the tip of one blade into the enemy then quickly spin and slash them with the other.

-Glaive- You would throw the glaive at the enemy, getting it stuck in them, then push off at them. When you land on them you rip the glaive out.

-Axe- You would jump off the wall and bring your axe down on the enemy, if they die they are cut in half vertically.

-Nikana- You push off the wall like a wall run attack and quickly unsheathe your blade, doing a spinning slash at them, right before you get to them. Sheathing your blade when you land. If they die they are cut in half.

-Dual Swords- You would do a back flip off the wall, making a handspring landing on the enemy's head/top with the blades.

-Machete- You spin off the wall doing a slash on the enemy's chest and flipping into the landing.

-Fists(fist weapons)- You would jump of the wall and do a dive bomb-like drive with both hands down into the enemy.

-Sparring(hand cover weapons)- You push off the wall into the enemy and grab their head, give it a quick twist, while bringing them to the floor.

-Staff- You push off the wall and swing your staff at the enemy's head, knocking them on the floor, them perform a spinning overhead slam at them on the ground.

-Whip- You push of the wall and travel behind the enemy, when your almost at them you whip your weapon around their body and pull it through them with the force of your momentum. If they die they are cut in half, if they live they get pulled to the ground.

-Hammer- You would push of the wall swinging your hammer at their head while driving it to the ground.

-Claws- You would push off the wall, land on the enemy while sinking both claws into them, rip them both our and perform a back flip kick off of them.

-----------------------Rest of Example Idea--------------------------

When you hang on the ceiling now instead of running up a wall, hitting the ceiling, and still running at it til you do the wall grab you would run to the ceiling and crawl onto it. You would be able to move around but it wouldn't be very fast and would take quite a bit more stamina. This maneuver would also have special stealth attacks the work the same way as the wall ones.

-Sword- You push off the ceiling and do a jump attack, stabbing the enemy in the top. If they live they are throw on the floor from the force.

-Dagger- You fall onto your enemy, landing on their shoulders, and plunge your dagger into their face then backflip off.

-Dual Daggers- You fall onto the enemy grappling their back, all while plunging both blades into their neck. - _\O/_<- Grineer Manz

-Scythe- You front flip off the ceiling, when you fall onto your enemy you impale them with your blade mid-flip, then continue the flip flinging them overhead.

-Polearm- You fall onto your enemy blade first, impale their top, then fling them overhead.

-Glaive- You hang upside down, throw your glaive into the enemy, it will tear through them then rebound off the floor back up them. If they aren't cut in half by the first throw you grab the glaive mid air and stab it into them.

-Axe- You flip off the wall, throw your axe through the enemy, when you land you grab it from the floor and rip it back up through them.

-Nikana- You fall behind your enemy and perform a downward left diagonal slash, spin, then perform a upward right diagonal slash. All before touching the ground.

-Dual Sword- You push off the ceiling, fall behind your enemy with both blades extended, slashing down their back.

-Machete- You spin horizontally while falling, blade out. When you reach the enemy you slash them twice in the spinning and land behind them.

-Fist(fist weapons)- You perform a spin dive into the enemy's top, the force brings them to the ground, hard.

-Sparring(hand cover weapons)- You push off the ceiling, flip, then drive your feet into the enemy's head. Bringing the pain, and, the ground, to their face.:D

-Staff- You front flip off the ceiling, whack the enemy in the face which knocks them on the floor, then do a backflip jab at them while they are on the floor.

-Whip- You whip the enemy's head and pull them up to you while you come down at them at the same time. Bringing your frame's feet to their face.

-Hammer- You drop onto the enemy and perform a heavy downward left diagonal slam that brings the enemy into the ground.

-Claws- You drop onto the enemy's top and impale them with a claw while swinging in front of them. Once you swing in front of them you stab their chest with your other claw.

If the mission is failed a timer will appear next to the planet, the countdown will be around half an hour to an hour and a half long for one reason. The reason is it depends on how many nodes are connected to the one you failed, 1 node = 30 minutes. The original node you failed to make the timer count will "infect" one other node touching it so that it will countdown also, if the original gets something any node next to it can start a half an hour countdown to get it also.

When you fail the mission the (still going with grineer sabotage) grineer will start research on energy weapons! You will then have to play a deception type mission on each of the nodes directly connected to the sabotage one you failed, there would be a new tile set for a grineer town with a secret base for research. The town would have a lot of parkour opportunities with the amount of buildings in it, you would also see civilians so there would be an aspect of life in the game which is something we don't have at all at the moment.

The mission could be split into two types, one where you have to locate the base and take out any lancers you find in the town and any guards you find at the base, then another after that where you need to infiltrate the building and destroy the plans for the weapons. If you complete the mission the research is stumped and the grineer stay the same. If the timer depletes, some grineer on either the nodes or the entire planet get prototype energy weapons!

I have yet to decide whether it will be just the nodes or the entire planet, if its just the nodes the weapons will be quite strong, if its the entire planet they will be better then the weapons they normally have but still bearable. It will most likely be in a node fashion, if its the nodes only then you will have to play an extermination mission on the nodes with energy weapons to kill off any who know about the research.
The nodes will slowly spread to other nodes like infestation. The original node will need one of the new deception type missions then an exterminate after it. That's about it for sabotage and it hopefully explains what I mean by "events" that happen from mission results. I'll be going over alert ones next and then the free roam idea.

Even though the alerts change the game for everyone, you will have a choice between doing missions to stop the added thing or just doing the regular mission so it doesn't interrupt what your doing. If you chose to do the regular mission with an event going on the mission will still have what ever has been added so it may be more difficult.

All of the events will change the entire game, if one person fails and the grineer gain energy weapons on Saturn, they do for everyone, then an alert notification will pop-up informing all Tenno.

-The missions will be like infested outbreaks. For the extermination missions they need to be done at least 50 times per mission/node from the entire game community but only once per individual player who participates, same with the deception missions except they have a percentage like normal infestation outbreaks.

-During the time dealing with these event the Lotus will send messages with progress and what mission needs to be done next. Rewards will be sent to all who participate by the Council, a Tenno group of diplomats that work with the Lotus to find any unbalance.

The rewards are not like event ones, they are normal things like credits, resources or possible mods or weapons ,parts, or armor if the event is grave enough.(Like if Tyl Regor attacks a corpus city and its surrounding towns for equipment or people to help the Grineer gene code.)

- - - - MISSIONS: where the new ideas for mission types will be posted, Going TO BE UPDATED... SOON...

Here we are! Finally going to put these in! The first wave of missions will be the most noticed and played ones.

What's going to change:

-Not as much as you may think, missions are pretty good as they are but with all things gaming, there's always some way to improve and make things even more enjoyable.

-Effects, that's the big thing this whole thread is on track to change, I want our action as the game's population to actually effect it's world(s).

-Enemy behavior, interactions, environment. We, the Demi-God Tenno, live in a disastrous world. One filled with warring factions and mystical pasts. We shouldn't see things such as poorly guarded or poorly patrolled military complexes, we shouldn't see highly advanced ships lacking the capability to be interacted with completely. We, for the sake of immersion and feeling like part of the game, like feeling like a Tenno, should be able to see, react with, and enjoy much more from the worlds we play on.

+ I hope to change this game's reality by first making things feel right, by making them feel real. Maybe someday we will see what I put down here, then you will all feel like the Tenno you are...

First off, the AI behavior. Let's face it, right now the combat behaviors of enemies are alright, the behaviors of the enemy while they are not in combat though is another thing. I want to first change that in all mission types.

-The enemy should make patrols around the maps, not just walk around the area randomly.

-The enemy really needs to interact with their environment, it's suppose to be their base so they should have some duties to attend to. Ex. Grineer moving crates of ammo, typing on their monitors, training.

-Next is mechanics, we need more things to happen in missions as currently we only complete repeated objectives and the only things that change are the map layout and rarely environmental hazards are thrown in. We should be able to tamper with enemy systems, cause certain alarms to gather extermination victims, lock capture targets in rooms, cause blackouts to aid our stealth etc.

The missions \/

Missions:

Exterminate: In these you will be charged with going into a enemy facility or ship and wiping it clean of every enemy you can find. As they are currently exterminate missions are fun, very very nice mission type and I can only think of little bits of frosting to put on top of them as of now.

-Enemy count, I feel that the enemy count should vary depending on where the mission is. A Grineer Galleon should be around 60- 90 in terms of enemy numbers since they are sized as such. An entire Grineer Asteroid base should have 100+ enemies easy roaming around and doing their duties. Simple things such as giving enemy count to location types can make the world seem like it has a scale.

A large number of the mission types are being reworked in the game at this time so once they have finished I will poke around and see if they could use any more frosting :D

----ALERTS: where alert idea related things are----

Alerts are much more simple, an event will play for what happens in alerts. Enemy diplomat found? Then go to his location and capture or assassinate him. The alerts will be like normal but they will use new town tile sets full of civilians and enemies every once and a while to keep it fresh and interesting.

Here is a list of the type of alerts and what effects you can expect to see from their completion.

A few things to notice before reading some of the statistics in the alert effects, all alert effects are counted by levels going as so; 1-10, 10-20, and 20-30 on up. The only time the level gauge changes is if it's a certain or special alert or event. Since alerts don't too common the effects will apply to all of them that occur, also since the gaming community is so large it will hopefully be balanced in time to complete and rate of being there. As well as failures, they all require over half of the participating players to fail to generate their negative effects. The extermination alert's description will be an example as to how the effects will work and as such will show all numerical values and level values.

The sabotage alert type will be done shortly after I finish doing the normal missions, read my comment on the completion and addition of this all to figure out what will be changed about them.

Extermination alerts: Enemy unit numbers will be decreased in mission nodes touching the node you played the alert on. These missions will decrease the number of enemies depending on how high level the alert is, the percent of enemies decreased goes as so; 5% for levels 1-10, 10% for levels 10-20, and 15% for levels 20-30. If more then half of the people that participate in the alert then the opposite will happen, the enemies will now be tensed for combat and will increase their defenses. The number of troop increase is the same as the number of loss when the alert is completed correctly.

Capture alerts: These will increase the political tension between the two factions on the planet, making invasions much more likely. The increase in likeliness goes as so, 15%, 25%, and 35%. The large increase is there because if representatives of a group is kidnapped then I'm sure the faction will suspect it was the opposite's doing as well as want to get revenge. If you fail this alert type the enemy will increase the firepower (better weapons) of the troops protecting their V.I.P.s.

Assassination alerts: A new boss will show himself, allowing you to gain even more rewards by thwarting what they do. The boss will be either a high ranking commander working on experimental tech and units or one of the actual boss's subordinates. They will use higher tier equipment from their factions but it won't be anything us Tenno can't use. Their difficulty increases by the usual 5% bases. If the mission is failed the boss they are a subordinate to will gain a buff in defenses and attack rate by the standard 5% base.

Defense alerts: Enemies start missions slightly more alert since they have been searching for both objectives and defending Tenno. The alertness increases as so; 5%, 10%, and 15%. The enemies will also walk around much more frequently will almost search for any intruders in certain areas. Nothing happens if you fail this alert type.(yet)

Mobile Defense alerts: After you steal the data you need a team of "spec ops" units will patrol the planet's nodes. These spec ops  units level is increased by the regular 5%, 10%, and 15% for effect difficulty. There will be anywhere from 4-6 members of the group and the number that you encounter during a run in with them varies. They will have better weapons and slightly better armor then normal units and will have a icon on the planet's node which they reside in currently, further more they periodically move to different nodes on the same planet in search for the lost data. (Very intuitive idea if you ask me.) If you fail this alert type then the spec ops unit will hover over the mission node for you only.

The most important part about alerts is what happens after them, grineer diplomat captured on his way to a corpus meeting? The corpus could launch a siege on a mission node in that planet possibly evening the balance. The main thing about events with alerts are what could happen, spy alert Tolstoj for the grineer? It says weapons research located, destroy or capture it and now the enemies on that node and the ones touching it have no heavy gunners with gorgons (they still have the gunners but they don't use gorgons) or elite grineer without their hinds and the standard grakata instead.

-Defeat enemy forces? Fighting the corpus in an alert like this, beat it and the number of enemies in the nodes by it will be lower. See? Making alerts have events take place after they are completed makes the game feel alive, like things are actually happening.

-- Free Roam: this is where you can find my free roam idea, complete with random occurring events and huge city maps :D

GRINEER THEMED

Large cities that are persistent and up to 6 other Tenno can be in it at a time, there will be more then one instance for another six and so on and so forth. Up to six players so if an event breaks out you can chose to solo it or ask for some help depending on the rewards and risks enemies make. (same for corpus cities)

The Grineer are a very crude empire, ruled by the Twin Queens, this military might of degrading clones is sure to drive itself to self expiration. The Grineer architecture reflects their empire, vast but highly defected. Their cities spread far over lands but lack the impressive height Corpus cities have. The buildings are much bulkier and low tech,much is added onto existing settlements long conquered, expect to hear about heavy door like implementations in buildings.
-The Grineer have almost no use for proxies and robotics aside from possible lab works, they prefer security patrols over proxy stations.
-Most of the population will tread carefully as to not anger their Grineer rulers, most of their settlements are conquered civilian locations anyway.
-The citizens of the Grineer areas will be grateful towards the Tenno, once they realize who stands before them they will surely keep most any crime secret from their overlords. They will also come to you with more issues, these people are captives and they seek help.
The Grineer cities will be bulky and military shades of color, their buildings are wide and stocky. Plazas lay around the city with multiple stalls set up for daily vending, the areas are usually always being patrolled by Grineer troops, low in number which makes them a small threat but, they patrol tight areas. If word reaches too far you could have yourself an entire platoon on your tail, and possible an event...
Secret military operations and information can be detected and discovered here, these secrets will inform the Tenno about their empire rival, and we might even discover new spec op squads in the vicinity...

As far as the events themselves go it would be like so:

Smaller events that occur more often and give normal rewards, medium events that are a little more rare and heave better rewards, then there are big events, like BIG. These are like full scale corpus attacking grineer throughout the city war events, they have great rewards and can give you the feeling that the world is alive. We always hear about the corpus being attacked by the grineer but not leaving them since they are costumers but we never see it right. Invasions are nothing like this, this is corpus drop ships in the air, soldiers in the streets killing civilians and grineer fighting back. Your role in these, is to kill everyone :D Not legit everyone like exterm. mission, you can kill both sides though but like kill enough corpus and the grineer will win the battle.

These all occur randomly and the ones listed are a few out of the tons that could be.

Small

Guard patrols- There will be grineer troops within the city, some will be walking some will be standing at their posts. Not all will be hostile unless provoked since the city is suppose to be a player area with markets and quests.

Market commotion-"Grineer lancers are causing problems at a market stall, take care of them." -Lotus. A small event that occurs randomly, you could be parkouring a top a roof and see this going on. Whether you get involved is up to you.

Guard count- "The number of Grineer in this section of the city is high, take your time to lower it." -Lotus. A small event, pretty much an exterminate mission in a part of the city, grineer will be on rooves and in buildings along with the streets and allies.

Hostage Situation- "Tenno, I've detected Grineer in a nearby building holding a high ranking civilian hostage, this hostage holds power in this city. Their death could cause unnecessary issues. Locate the building and rescue them, be careful for any elite Grineer that may try and execute the hostage." -Lotus. A small event. You need to find a hostage in a random building nearby that will be marked on the map. You only need to kill the grineer in the building, there will be one elite that may try to eliminate the hostage if it sees you. No need to escort the hostage.

Enemy Located- "Tenno, one of our city operatives have reported that a high ranking Grineer officer is being held in relative distance to you, hunt them down and eliminate them." -Lotus. A small event where you find a building guarded by grineer and infiltrate it. Once you do you need to kill the grineer officer.(little assassination mission.)

Trip for Lotus- "Tenno, I need you to find this Grineer, he is in possession of important documents. Kill him and bring them to me." -Lotus. Find a marked grineer eximus and kill them, drop off the data at a meeting point with a tenno operative.

Medium

Tech deal- "A Corpus and Grineer diplomat (or capture target as that's their models) are going to meet up soon, either track them both down and take them out, or wait till they meet and leave no one standing." -Lotus. A medium size event, a grineer and corpus diplomat will spawn in random areas with personal guards and will slowly make their way to a building after two minutes of spawning in. You can either go find them and kill them or let them meet and kill them both then.

Spy run- "That Corpus has just infiltrated a grineer base, he is carrying important information that could tip the power balance between the two factions. Stop him and return the information. Better not use firearms unless they are silent as it will attract unwanted attention." -Lotus. A longer medium event where you need to chase a corpus spy who will parkour buildings and hide in crowds. You must use melee unless your weapon is 100% silent other wise you fail the event whether you kill him or not. The spy wont use any weapon but is fast and will climb buildings and hide in crowds. When he enters a crowd his marker disappears and you will need to manually find or keep track of him.

Sudden Death- "Tenno, the Grineer have discovered your presence and have sent a large patrol squad to eliminate you. Dispatch of them and hunt down the commander that knows of your existence." -Lotus. Meduim event. Kill all incoming grineer and rush to a marked compound, once you get there you need to work your way to the commanding officer and kill him to erase any proof of your existence in the city.

Guard Stalk- "Tenno, there is a important Grineer diplomat in the city, his official guard are near his position. Find them, once you do follow them to his base and capture him." -Lotus. A medium event. Travel to the marked area in the city and find High Guards, once your in-range they will start to move to the diplomat's location. Follow them without them knowing, decimate the diplomats hideout and capture him.

NEW Medium-

Blade and Blood- "Tenno, there is rumor of a Grineer special ops squad in this city, find them and confirm the suspicion." -Lotus.

-During this half of the mission you are using tracking skills, this means you need to find grineer patrols and either eavesdrop on them or kill them and search them for info on the squad. Once you do enough of both you will learn the general area that the squad is in, travel there and continue the investigation. Whether you eavesdrop more or kill the patrols more will change how you find the squad, if you decide to listen then you will hear of the building they are in, the guards will be slightly less in number because they don't know about you. If you kill more then you will have a small grineer squad sent to your last location that you killed a patrol, kill them and you will find the building but its security will be slightly higher.

Once you infiltrate the building and get to a special room the Lotus will contact you...

"Tenno, the spec ops squad is in this room, breach it and see for yourself if the rumor is true, if it is then eliminate this squad and bring me back any intel you find." -Lotus. - Its time, you've entered the room and are ready to find the squad, when you do you are surprised by a high tech squad of soldiers, almost corpus like. They all seem to carry new melee weapons and a backup pistol, kill them and search them for intel. "Tenno, these Grineer units seem to be very high tech compared to their lancer counterparts, they seem to be adept with the art of the blade, face them with your melee weapon and show them good sport."-Lotus. (the intel has info on the new type of enemy, its basically a free full set of scans in the codex)

Big

Faction Incursion- "Tenno somethings wrong, a large number of Corpus ships have appeared and are deploying troops. The Grineer have started to combat them within the city, help fight them back to protect the citizens. If any Grineer attack you, kill them." -Lotus. A big event, one I mentioned earlier. In this event the entire city is turning into a small war zone as Corpus invade and attack anything grineer, lancers and civilians alike.

-It would take twice as long as a regular mission full stealth (thats like half and hour to 50 minutes) to finish one of these alone. Of course since its a persistent world with other players actively exploring and completing events on their own they should also help since the rewards will be on the monetary level of the suspicious shipments event, and that's only the money.

-Grineer and Corpus will be engaging each other almost everywhere you go, the streets will be battle allies, citizens will be scrambling, and it'll be cool! The Corpus will be the main threat since I've been talking about the grineer cityscape, they will take priority in attacking grineer but if one see's you it won't just let you walk up and kill it. The grineer will mainly be fighting back but they will sometimes attack you also.

Supply Drop- "Tenno we need to move fast. A large deal is taking place, the Corpus are trading supplies with the Grineer. A large shipment is being delivered at this docking base. [base will be marked on your map] Hurry there and take it, all of it. We need these supplies, they could help our operatives push one over the Grineer and Corpus. Be swift Tenno, time is short."-Lotus. A big event. This is a timed event that requires you to rush to a marked base to thwart a deal between corpus and grineer, you need to move fast but once you get there the timer goes away. Both factions have brought a huge platoon of soldiers in case things go wrong, this means lots of corpus and grineer, worst of all they will be working together in all but a few situations.

-You will need to exterminate all of both factions forces then call in a Liset drop. Once you do your Liset will come down and transport the supplies to the Lotus, rendering you incapable of leaving for 2 minutes. The time is shortened if more then one player is helping.

-Since this persistent city idea is suppose to be awesome and open, there are always more then one way to do an event. For this particular one,,,You can cause them to fight each other and lessen focus on you. Like I said earlier, the corpus and grineer will fight together in most situations, meaning there is one that will cause them to turn against each other during the deal. This is helpful for those who feel like they want to be more tactical or those soloing the event.

CORPUS THEMED

As we all know the Corpus are a race of high tech humans, this means their city will be a lot: brighter, taller, and sleeker then the grineer cities ever will be.
-The corpus will have new proxies that guard and reside inside their cities so they will have some new units.
-The corpus fancy high tech architecture so expect to hear about sliding things on buildings.
-The corpus will have a very alien feel to them because of their cult-like religion towards Orokin technology, this means crowds will part in awe and gaze in amazement once they realize you are Tenno.

The Corpus city will be filled with neon lights and large buildings, they will be a nice metallic silver and the design will be sleek and futuristic. The city streets will have many people in them and will have stations set in areas that their robot proxies will emerge from, these new proxies aren't just the average space cruiser MOA, they are built to protect and keep entire city blocks in line so they will be large and strong.

-As always, the player will be able to perform amazing feats of parkour and even get technical with city parameters such as causing a blackout across a block for better stealth, or even sabotaging the proxy outposts to create temporary allies that will cause distractions.

-Players will stumble upon random events and quests to complete while spending their time in the city, along with being able to visit a player stocked auction building for player marketing.

New challenges will be discovered as certain groups will challenge you to duels featuring melee, sidearm, and full loadout combat. These challenges aren't attacks from the enemy but instead are honorable duels so following the rules will be important. (rules being as such, melee duel is melee only)

Lets talk Events, that's the main reason why we're here right?

Since the corpus faction is much more... high tech then the grineer, their events will be much more meaningful, instead of hunting down diplomats and killing military squads you will be assassinating important board members and shutting down proxy factories. These will play a good part on causing chaos and instability in the corpus faction.

Lets start out with atleast one of each size event.

Small-

Detect Proxy- "Tenno, this city is large and full of technology, the Corpus will no doubt need more advanced proxies to control the city. Search the area and find out what the new robots are capable of. If you can, bring me back some technology and we might be able to incorporate it into some of your equipment." -Lotus. In this event you need to search around the city for a proxy station, once you find one it will activate upon your approach after it scans you. The proxy will be a general design that most proxy stations will deploy, there will be different variations that appear randomly, these will be like the different hyena models. You must defeat them to complete the event.
- There is a chance that the proxy that spawns is an even stronger or more rare variant, defeating this will allow you to scavenge its advanced technology and upgrade some of your gear.

Medium-

Board Member meeting- "Tenno, this is a very important contract. Three important Corpus Board members are meeting tonight, its imperative that you find and kill each of them. Either find them on their own or test your skill and take them all down together, the choice is yours but make sure you take them down." -Lotus. In this mission you need to chose between hunting the boardmen individually which will reduce the number of their guards that will be in one area, or waiting until they all group together for the meeting which will pool all of their elite guards together and make it much more challenging but you will be able to take them out in one go. Destroy all of the Board Members and you will receive compensation worth the trouble.

Big-

City Purge- "Tenno, this is urgent... When the Corpus find out about an Orokin artifact in one of their cities they send out top class, large, highly advanced proxies called Hunters to find it. These Hunter Proxies are mobile squadrons, they have the capability to destroy the crew of an entire Grineer galleon. The Corpus have detected your Orokin energy and are deploying, these Hunters will actively search for diverging energy traces, this means they will target anything with high energy levels including civilians. We cannot allow them to run rampant in the city, find a way to take them out and end this purge." -Lotus.

This is a very special event because it features three ways to deal with it, you can either: -challenge the Hunters in a very long and epic battle, they will spawn randomly around the city and will search atop buildings and in allies, you need to take down three to finish the event this way. Doing so will let you search the bodies for high tech gear, allowing you to upgrade your gear. -You can also hunt down the operator building that's sending out the Hunters, finding this building will allow you to kill the corpus in charge of deploying Hunters safely stopping the deployment. Then you need to upload a virus to the main server to destroy the deployed Hunters. -The last way.. well it involves the new melee mechanics I thought up, I will only give you a small hint on how to complete the event this way. You need to use your utter most stealth and melee skills to avoid detection from a Hunter while cutting its main parts, wires, hydraulics, and armor pieces. I think that this event would be very fun especially with a coordinated stealth melee play with friends.

WARFRAME Themed

Warframe specific events- I thought it would be nice if there were certain events that occur only when your in a specific frame, maybe have it so only that frame can sense the event since his abilities and power lets him. I understand currently that all frames are pretty much the same except for stats and abilities but I'm sure not all of them can do the same things right?

I'm starting with small events since they are hard to come up with.

-You will know that one of these events are perspiring because you will slow to a walking pace and your frame will either look around or look down as if they can see or sense something.

Ash Event-

Irregular Heartbeats- "Tenno, can you sense that? Your Warframe's senses are tuned to find movement and any irregularity, like specters of stealth from ancient earth. There is an irregular visitor nearby, no other Tenno will be able to sense his presence. Go, find him and kill him." -Lotus. Man...this is harder then I thought. In this event your frame has picked up info on an irregular presence near you, track the presence. When you do you will find a building with nicely placed guards, you to stealth your way into the building, a corpus engineer working with the grineer will be inside. Kill him, if you are detected he will don a prototype turkey suit that will boost his attack and defense by a huge margin, you will also be ejected outside. The fight in the street could provide unwanted attention from the grineer...

Oberon Event-

Natural disturbance- "Tenno, your atonement with nature is valuable. It looks like your Warframe is reacting to this location [marks location on map] it is covered in forest. I suspect foul play in the area, investigate and report what you find." -Lotus. In this event your druid-like ober frame has noticed the forestry around the city is being tampered with. You need to travel to a forest location near the city and deal with the issues.

Possible issues: - Grineer de-forestation, Grineer are destroying the forest and its resources, stop them.

- Corpus foul play, Corpus are sabotaging the cities natural resources, this could tip the balance.

- Infestation arising, An infested hive has grown in the forest, this could be extremely dangerous.

Nekros Event-

Soul Search- "Tenno, your Warframe connects with the strong energies in the body, also called the soul. There is a large pocket of "souls" nearby, investigate." -Lotus. You detect a large number of dead and dying nearby. When you go to their location you find yourself in the middle of a corpus assault on the grineer. There are dead everywhere, some corpses are those of civilians, and the battle has only just begun, you need to end them all to atone for their sins.

Thats all for now, I hope you see where I'm going with this. Since the events are hard to make in this aspect I have only done three of the four frames I own. More will certainly be added later as I think these are fun.

Writers note

-Thinking about these ideas and how they seem to need to be in the game since all the events are already in-game just not active makes it hard to play now. I love this game to a flaw but when it comes to the immersion that we are Tenno, a being capable of doing things outside of missions, I just think its sad. We have almost nothing to do outside of missions, I think these ideas are a perfect fix. With the new ships coming out soon I know I'll be marveling at them and spending time in them, when the player hubs come in to play I'll spend even more time in them. As the game lays now and since I haven't heard much about anything more for us to do from the Devs I think this is needed. DE did mention in a devstream that they would add guilds in the game that you can join to do special missions for and earn rewards like guild exclusive weapons and possible frames. Until that happens in the far far future this could add a whole new level of Immersion.

Maneuvers and attack ideas + anything else that comes up.

Here is where I will post any new ideas, these first couple mainly concern a new mod that replaces the stealth attack, and a new idea for warframe specific melee weapons.

The main stance is equipped on your secondary, a better version can bee acquired and put on your primary. This idea was heavily inspired by Nalo1993.

Pistol stance name- Ways of the old. With this "stance" equip your Tenno becomes the true wielder of gun and blade.

The stance may or may not have combos, I have yet to decide.

With this stance your stealth attacks are changed to incorporate both a melee stab or hit, followed by the use of your secondary.

Improved Pistol Mod: OverCap- You play a slightly longer animation to unload a full clip into the enemy, doing much more pistol damage.

OverCharge- You use less pistol and more blade, making your animation slightly longer but adding a stronger melee hit.

Blunderbuss- Your pistol shot does more damage.

Blades-men- Your melee hit does more damage.

- Mods will be added over time.

(I will be making new animation descriptions for ALL melee types mixed with ALL secondary types. It will take time though and will be a project that lasts a couple of days, any help is greatly appreciated.)

Single refers to only having one weapon in your hand, Dual refers to dual wield, Thrown refers to throwing secondaries. My original idea was to make categories based off secondary fire type.

-Sword and Single secondary- You charge into the enemy and stab them with your sword, bring yourself close, and take a shot right at their face.

-Sword Dual secondary- You stab your sword into the enemy, then give it a good kick into them (causing them to fall on their knees) while you pull out your second secondary and unleash a small barrage of bullets onto their back.

-Sword and Thrown secondary- You stab your sword into the enemy then whip them around to face you, you throw one weapon into their lower section, torso, then head.

-Dagger and Single- You run partially in front of the enemy, then you jab your dagger into their chest and bring them to the ground. All followed by you turning like a bad@$$ and shooting them on the ground.

-Dagger and Dual- You stab your dagger into the enemy's back, whip them behind you and spin, getting your weapons ready, when you face the enemy you shoot a small barrage of bullets into their legs.

-Daggerl and Thrown- You cut the enemy's left Achilles tendon then bring your blade up through their right knee, when they fall you pepper them with throwing weapons.(burst of three)

-Dual Daggers and Single- You perform a spinning stab into your enemy's side while bringing your weapon to his chest.

-Dual Daggers and Dual- You throw both daggers at the enemy's legs, making him kneel, then you shoot his back a few times each weapon, pull the daggers out and finish.

-Scythe and Single- You slam your scythe blade into the enemy's shoulder and pull them back, then pop a shot at them.

-Polearm and Single- You stab your polearm into the target, wielding it with one hand, spin the target onto the floor, stab him into the ground (to reduce moving :D) and shoot their back.

-Glaive and Single- You perform a cool one two. You throw your glaive past the enemy, on its return trip it contacts the enemy, bringing them back towards you with the glaive. The enemy's legs are then shot to make them fall while the glaive tears away from them to return to the thrower.

-Axe and Single- You take a swing at your enemy's legs then kick them over when they fall. When they start to recover you shoot them in the face. :D

-Nikana and Single- You throw your pistol into the air, perform a quick slash from a distance that is so strong the blade itself doesn't even make contact with the enemy while still cutting them. Quickly sheathing your blade you catch your weapon and unload a few shots into the gash made by the slash.

-Dual Swords and Single- You throw your left sword into the enemy's back while using the other to perform a spinning slash followed by stuffing your gun up to the enemy and firing. All in two quick and fluid motions.

-Machete and Single- You perform a wickedly raw vertical slash into the enemy's back, while they fall onto the ground in utter pain you shoot them.

Unfortunately that's all I've made for now, its not easy making these combos :D I'll add more at a later date.

Warframe specific Melee weapons, I get this idea from my fav. frame Ash. He has his own little wrist blades for killin in blade storm. Why we Ash players haven't gotten these as a weapon yet is baffling, I understand DE wants to make every weapon available to every frame and player but having a frame specific weapon like Ash's isn't all too bad.

-Ash- Well of course his would be his wrist blades, maybe when you use a stealth kill or finisher you perform one of blade storms animations cause those are awesome.

-Banshee- A whip made of controlled re-verbing sound. Very fast attack speed since sound travels quickly.

-Ember- A fist weapon that is a gout of fire, instead of punching she would use open palmed attacks that send fire into her enemies. The fire has a good fire proc.

-Excalibur- Pure energy, he uses spear-like thrusts and sends solidifying energy into the enemy, dealing high puncture damage.

-Frost- A pair of Ice spikes or large blade shaped icicles. They have a strong cold proc that slows enemies more then the normal one.

-Hydroid- A water scimitar, has the effect of water being held together with Hydroid's energy. Drips away and reforms upon sheathe and unsheathe.

-Loki- Kicks, Loki uses a series of powerful kicks to destroy his enemies. The kicks are propelled by his energy, giving them radiation procs.

-Mag- Her enemies, she motions at her enemy and the metal inside them move. Basically she pretends to be a ninja and the invisible magnetic forces tear her enemies apart.

-Nekros- Souls, Nekros simply touches and pushes his enemies to damage their souls. When the enemy dies a ghostly energy "soul" that looks like them will hover over their body, reaching up, for a second.

-Nova- Anti Matter and Matter, a ball of each in her hands. She slams them into enemies or together to create explosive effects.

-Nyx- Blown kisses, I know it sounds a little silly but it fits. The kisses mind control the enemies so they damage themselves and shoot other enemies.(Trying to rework some of these so they all don't just fit the damage role but can fit a nice utility role as well)

-Oberon- A spear of light, strong thrusts and quick swipes make up the attacks for this weapon.

-Rhino- His fists, heavy slams and quick spins ensure multiple powerful hits on enemies.

-Saryn- Quick jabs, Saryn jabs her hands into the enemy, injecting strong poisons.

-Valkyr- Again, her claws. Not the energy ones but her regular hands, just a tad bit stronger.

-Vuaban- A large electric prod. Yup, he'll poke ya in the butt.... Just kidding, he only does that to the enemy...c;

-Volt- Dual electric whips, short but quick with a strong shock proc.

-Zephyr- Wind, she faints punches and kicks that instead have a sharp wind behind them. The wind slashes the enemies and inflict bleed procs.

WARFRAME: Specific Maneuvers and or abilities for each frame concept.

Starto!

-This concept idea is to add new maneuvers for each frame and new abilities, I have yet to decide if they will be frame exclusive per maneuver or ability, or if they will be a shared maneuver and ability with different effects per frame. For now I will be using one for each frame separately, if they seem to fit in a large group I'll make the needed changes.

-Maneuvers have a stamina cost, Abilities or effects for them have a energy cost equal to your first ability.-

-Ash- Ash is the embodiment of training and honed skill. He can grapple any surface with a stamina cost of only 10 per 5 seconds. (Activated by jumping onto a surface and holding sprint)

-Ash Alternate- Ash can perform a jump kick aimed at the ground that knocks enemies back while giving Ash a 2 second invisibility. (Performed the same way as Frost's)

-Banshee- Banshee is the mistress of sound. She can slap her hands together and dispel any buff/ de-buff. (Performed the same way as Ember's)

-Ember- Ember is the flaring forest fire of the Tenno. She can perform a solid punch to send a gout of fire forwards. (Performed by holding E and pressing the primary attack key.)

-Excalibur- Excalibur is the sword of the Tenno. He can use pure energy to pin an enemy in place. (Activated by holding E and pressing primary fire key with reticle on target)

-Frost-[this ones cool,no pun intended] Frost is the cool breeze in the night. He can perform a downward kick that sends shards of ice up through the ground around him. (Performed by holding E and using a jump attack)

-Hydroid- Hydroid is the puddle that grineer lancer fell in... He can Stop Time... just kidding, he can summon a single tentacle to constrict an enemy and deal damage. (Performed the same way as Excalibur's)

-Loki- Loki is the visage of the Tenno. He can use his switch tele ability to make the two targets switch places. (same ability as a later idea that will be posted.) (This is performed by holding switch tele on your target then moving your reticle to another target and releasing the button.)

-Mag- Mag deals with strong magnetic forces. She can push or pull an enemy with good force. If slammed against something they take good impact damage. (Performed by holding pull and pressing forward or back.)

-Alternate Mag- She can punch the ground causing magnetic forces to bring enemies to the ground with force. Performed by holding crouch and pressing E.

-Nekros- Nekros is the dealer of death within the Tenno. Nekros can punch the ground, opening a rift in a straight line that pulls enemies into it. The enemy disappears for 3 seconds into the rift while taking damage over time. (Performed the same way as Mag's alt.)

-Nova- Nova is the project of the Tenno. Nova can summon and slam together a ball of matter and anti matter, causing horrific blast effects. (Performed the same why as Ember's)

This gives each frame a much more commercialized ability, allowing them to use their power in a general way instead of having only 4 ways to use it. During the fight with the sentients I doubt each frame only used four ways to defeat them with their powers.

NEW- How our Tenno Learn and adapt.

My newest idea is to make our Tenno learn, you know how we all sit there in a grineer mission listening to them talk, remembering our "Hey, leave my mother out of this." comments with the usual battle cry of "Combat Formation Bravo!"
Now we just sit there and hear them babble their grineer speak, wishing there was subtitles.

With my ideas, I plan to have our Tenno learn the languages just by hearing them. This means you will gradually gain translated subtitles when any grineer or corpus unit speaks near you, telling you what they are saying, this happens by listening to them talk during missions and free roam sessions.

-You literally just need to listen to any unit speak for 4-6 seconds to decode a single word of their language. Certain words will only be learnt if you use stealth and are detected by the enemy as some words are only used when not in combat, you won't hear them talk about politics and neutral stuff while they try to shoot you in the face. Other words you will only learn in combat, cause no one randomly starts to talk about sticking together near the walls to flank someone in a neutral conversation about potato chips right?

- When you have learned more then 30 words subtitles will start to appear, they will be partially decoded using the words you know, the rest will be spelt out in grineer or corpus and after time of listening and learning you will be able to fully read the subtitles essentially allowing you to learn and hear the languages!

-The word bank will be well into the hundreds as to give the task of learning both languages length and depth making it feel like you are actually adapting to the enemy.

-I think this will add much more to the feeling of immersion and life to our Tenno.-

So I've decided to make this a full section as I think getting in-depth with the fact that we are living space ninjas could proove useful for some new mechanics.
The newest of all: Reflexes...

So, this new ability is a passive that all Tenno can develop. In life your body and mind develop reactions to certain things that are carried out in advance when they are sensed, this would lore wise be even greater for a ninja, Tenno are space ninjas so lets multiple that by like 1000.
----------------------------------
What you can do with your reflexes:
-Everyone starts with a very low and unspecific reflex system.
--This low reflex is a product of our cryosleep, it hardly allows for us to do much more then tell where damage is coming from. (the in-game damage signaler)
-We will have the ability to freely sculpt our reflexes, they add up depending on what you do, effectively matching your playstyle.
-You can gain neat effects from your reflexes, along with character movements to hint when they are using them.
-Reflexes cost nothing to gain and nothing but time and skill to shape.
Here's some of the reflex effects you can shape:

Danger Guard: Your Tenno reacts when they sense danger near, if some of my ideas for ambient gameplay were implemented this would mean better ambushes from enemies, your Tenno would slow down and start to look around if say an enemy were hiding behind a wall or around a corner waiting for you.

-   This is a base reflex that Tenno flesh out from cryo-sleep. One of the first to be shaped simply by being ambushed by the enemy. Attack large groups of enemies for the best results.

Bullet Sensor: Your 'frame will quickly look in the direction of an enemy about to fire at you, if you pay attention to the direction then you should have enough time to dodge. The original text said you would be able to turn to the enemy before dodging but reflexes are usually last second impulses that let you dodge just in the nick of time so this will let you notice then act without second thought like a true reflex.

-   This reflex can be shaped by watching an enemy fire or attack you, your Tenno will soon learn what attacks sound, look, and even feel like, they will practically begin to "sense" attacks. Look at your attacker before they manage to attack for the most effective and best results.

Blade Watcher: This is the one, this is for us True melee beasts, this is the reflex you will want to train for the most. This ability allows you to perform precision strikes and top line defenses, it has two main functions.

-First, When you are blocking (ties in with new melee blocking mechanic) and bullets come towards you time will slow down a percentage to allow you to block with more precision. You can either hold the normal block and block the attacks with a lower stamina cost OR you can chose to use a much more skillful and fun mechanic, the speed deflect. This is simply holding the block button and pressing one of the attack directions. When you block an attack like this it during the reflex moment it costs NO stamina and blocks All damage.( works will most all attacks you can take, this is pretty much the cutting ogris rockets in half thing I mentioned.)

-Second, the camera will move around and zoom slightly into a sort of cinematic view while barely in the slightest way slowing time around your melee strike, this makes the hits feel slightly more awesome and gives you a good view of where your hitting in case of adjustments. (there will most likely be either a toggle to disable this since people might not want to use it or a different sub function that they can chose to switch to instead)

-   This reflex is shaped by using your melee capabilities, your Tenno's brain learns to react in advance by reading enemy movements effectively allowing you to process and react to them faster. Use precise blocking coupled with accurate strikes (head shots, bullet cuts/blocks/deflects, weapon destroying) for the quickest and most gaining results.

Ledge Grabber: This is mostly for climbers and people who want maneuverability utility. This type of reflex will cause your Tenno to grab ledges and sort of claw their way up cliff ledges when they fall too short. This will also allow you to do a sort of "last burst" jump when you are doing a maneuver that costs stamina, say your wall running but run out of stamina near the end, your Tenno will perform a diagonal climb up the wall for a short time allowing them to get to slightly higher ground before they fall from stamina loss. This will also let you get a little more height or distance from a wall run or wall backflip when you run out of stamina as well.

-   This reflex is shaped by failing to parkour completely, you soon instinctively move your muscles to gain ground once you start to run out of energy. Strain your parkour so that you just miss that ledge or jump for the strongest reactions.

Shooter's Gaze: This is for those who like to hone their mid to long range shooting skills. Your accuracy will slightly improve at the moment of taking a shot, also when you are moving your reticle over an enemy and keep it on them for more then 2-3 seconds you will use your reflex to shoot whenever your cross hair goes over their head. This is a good reflex for snipers, shaky cross hairs, and low accurate aiming.

-   This reflex can be shaped by performing accurate long range shots, preferably one shot one kill type attacks. After a while your Tenno's brain starts to automatically pull the trigger once it sees the enemy's head. Aim for the head for quicker and more accurate results.

There will be around 10 or 12 depending on how many different ways to boost gameplay types I find, if you have any type of playing you want to have me look at simply comment and I'll see what sort of reflexes you could gain from using such playstyle.

- MELEE SECTOR.

With the edition of U14 I kinda hoped they would find time to fit in more melee things/ fixes soon. Seeing how they haven't yet I will gladly revive myself and this topic by jumping at the subject ;D

We all know that with the update: The Sword Alone(update 13, dark sectors), we all thought and were promised our melee weapons, with the proper user skill, would become as dangerous as our rifles. (MAIN ISSUE, WE STILL Can't attack air targets with our melee...)

-This promise was empty...

!!NEW<UPDATES>!!

SOME THINGS TO KNOW!

These ideas (Entire Melee Sector's) incorporate directional attacksyour left swipe is left click, your right is right click, upward slashes are scroll up, for certain weapons the scroll down will either be a downward slash or a stab. The difference is based on weapon type and design, scythes are better at slashing while an orthos could punch some pretty holes.

-There's three types of Executions, replacements for finishers. These Instantly Kill ANY enemy they are used onNo matter the weapon, no matter the level, no matter the enemy difficulty or type.

The three types of Executions are;           

-Open Executions, only performed when your enemy is staggering backwards leaving themselves open in the front.

-Counter Executions, only performed when your enemy is staggering forward past you, this can be achieved by parrying them.

-Stealth Executions, only performed when you are not detected or seen by the enemy for a long time, when I say not seen I mean you can use it when completely undetected like the original stealth attack AND you can use it during combat when you get the enemy to lose sight of you and start to wander around looking for you. Simply get behind them. (Your welcome)

-ALSO, the "normal" current game blocking has been renamed Guard/Guarding.

Normal Block(RENAMED TO GUARD):
- The Guard block is the very foundation for deflecting your average gunfire. The default game's block is the first thing your Tenno will learn to do, blocking bullets by moving your weapon at high speed is a piece of cake.

-       Along side the medium stamina consumption and great effectiveness versus bullets a normal block is capable of mitigating most sources of damage, as you cannot move your blade fast enough to deflect every bullet. You also cannot block impact explosives such as plasma grenades or rockets.

- The normal block allows you to block an enemy's melee attack and open them up to a common "finisher", these do a great amount of damage. NEW, The Guard move doesn't do anything fancy with the enemy's attack. It simply stops it, to perform it you need to hold your block button in the direction of the oncoming attack. The blades collide and the physics of metal clashing causes your enemy's blade to bounce of, staggering them allowing an Open Execution (KILL MOVE THAT INSTANT KILLS).
-       Guard is user skilled, meaning it requires the player to get those executions instead of RNGesus. (Your welcome)

Parrying:
- Parrying is more precise and single target then a normal block. It is a good skill for melee versus melee as you will be able to completely "move" an enemy's attack away from you bringing yourself no harm and allowing you to continue with a powerful counter attack.

-     The parry is completely User Skilled, which means it only happens if you time it yourself and perform it right. This increases both need for skill while using melee in a fun way while also deducing RNG for defenses.

- Parrying costs a small amount of stamina and since it is mainly for strict melee defense and counter offensive maneuvers it blocks all damage considering the damaging part of the enemy doesn't hit you. Since you use your blade to move the enemy's aside from your body, they keep their momentum and continue past you with their attack. Your Tenno can then activate the Counter Execution prompt when the enemy staggers past you.

Deflecting:
- Deflecting is by far the hardest melee defensive move you can perform, the timing needs to right and you can only defend against what you personally deflect.

-      When you deflect you use NO stamina and even regain stamina to reward consecutive deflections. You take absolutely NO damage from whatever you block, not only do you simply defend you can also use deflection as a semi-offensive skill, allowing you to effectively negate any effects their weapons have. E.x. Cutting bullets, grenades, and rockets in half nulls their effects, bullets split in different directions becoming dangerous projectiles with slow velocity, grenades and rockets don't explode although there is still a chance they will.

- Another great feature of deflection is its synergy with the reflex and focus system, after so long your Tenno will be able to concentrate on incoming attacks causing time to seemingly slow allowing you to deflect bullets similarly to the normal block. After taking some points in a specific focus tree you will gain greater multipliers and benefits like slower time and better chance to destroy enemy weapons with deflection. To explain the effects gained, when your reflexes are honed and you have a few focus points in you can put your crosshairs on an enemy with your melee drawn and after 2-3 seconds you will focus on that enemy. When focusing on an enemy their weapon stats change from hit-scan if they were to projectile. The projectiles travel speed stats are severely reduced making it take a bit of time to get to you. Once you get the focus perks then the projectiles will slow even more and gain a colored tracer making deflection easier. Now, to deflect you need to hold your Guard button (block button) then once the attack, be it bullet or blade, comes near you click the direction the attack is closet to. Left side is left click, right is right, upwards is scroll up, middle is scroll down.

What YOU can do.

This is how you become a skill based demi-god...

My idea? Simple. Make melee worth it and amazing.

Things I always wanted melee to be in this game:

- Strong

- Interesting

- Aim-able

- Personal

What I mean by personal is that you can chose what attack to make, where it goes, and what effect it will have (with the right situations).

Buffs, things that are powered up and improved:

-Attack rate for certain weapons will be increased, not because all weapons are too slow but because it only makes sense that something like a dagger would be quite fast to swing (looking at you freaking sheev piece of crap...)

-A new melee specific damage multiplier for the area struck, this means when you either slice that one part of a grineer's torso that looks more like a cloth-ish or non armor-ish material it will do more damage as a "armor point" being struck, or a point that isn't necessarily covered in armor thanks to it not looking like it is. Places like this on enemies would be mostly those dark grey suit looking spots on grineer and the helmet and back for corpus as those would seemingly be the most open areas, as for corpus those areas seem like they would hold their little shield generator. Also when you slam an enemy in the face with something like your fragor or my gram it will do quite a bit of hurt :D

^This point helps with my meaning of personal, giving the player the option of choosing which area of an enemy to attack or placing an attack in a less armored point allowing more damage and versatility to be gained.

-Things like the effectiveness of melee weapons, right now they sit fine stat wise and use wise, some are more pointed towards shield bashing and impact while others can slice a grineer right out of his armor. The real issues with the effectiveness of melee have been addressed entirely and then some in this entire Melee Sector, the ideas you will read here will most likely make you think our current melee sucks and that you would prefer this melee instead. Hek! It may even make you drool! That of course is your own... allowance I suppose, it's really up to you on which system you prefer so just sit back and enjoy, the Melee Sector...

Here are my long thought out plans for melee expectations in this amazing and growing game.

DE, please make melee aim-able. It will fix many issues with enemy attacking while also opening doors for user creativity.

My main plan is this idea here ---> Make melee your own, introducing.... Melee 3.0!

New ways to attack:

-When you use melee you no longer have preset attacks unless you use the quick attacks when your weapon isn't equipped.

What this means is that you get to chose the direction of your attack, left swipe with left click, right swipe with right. upward and downward attacks might as well use the scroll wheel in their respective directions.

-What this does:

- Allow the player to chose which area to attack in the most efficient way.

- What this does is remove most of the multi attack animations with a single click, instead,YOU will need to continue the attacks in the directions you want in order to make them multi-hit like they are now. (Looking at you dual daggers)

A new system I would plan to implement along side this: meet the parry...

With this new parry, you can use real skill to block enemy attacks. Doing so is simple enough that anyone can do it and, after time, everyone can hopefully learn to master. Simply attack in the same direction as your enemy's attack and time it so they connect.

If this is done correctly you will be able to move the enemy's attack aside from you so it doesn't damage you, if you are quick and use skill you may even be able to continue to attack and turn it into a counter attack...

You will still be able to use the normal block for bullets and the now existing "parry counterattack" but the precision in the new parrying will out do the normal block when it comes to melee to melee combat.

The new melee blocking and parrying capabilities will greatly enhance the defensive and offensive abilities of all Tenno who take time to experiment, think, and master the new melee.

- You can use the normal block for bullets but if you take time, and possibly a few perks from the Focus once its been implemented, you will be able to deflect and negate damage and bullets in ways you've never done before. This includes:

____
- Time possibly slowing down slightly to reveal the bullet in tracer form allowing you to dodge or block it with less stamina consumption.

- The ability to cut larger bullet projectiles in order to null their effect or redirect the resulting two pieces into something, This allows for game bending, mind breaking actions such as cutting the rocket of a napalm's ogris in half so that it doesn't explode. Cutting a bullet in half so that the two pieces hit targets behind you. Or using certain weapons (the scythe, hammer, or axe) to catch and throw the gun projectile while keeping its velocity, basically allowing you to catch enemy bullets and throw it back at them or other targets (dealing little damage but possibly keeping you undamaged while looking utterly badass.)

- Using fluid and planned attacks to deflect enemy attacks just far enough from your body to not damage you as to give you the ability to continue the attack and damage them, the enemy would keep their attack momentum but it would be misguided by your strike so it just misses you, allowing for you to make a move.

-Destroy the enemies weapon with strength and force them to resort to a pistol side arm. Aim carefully and perform the right block or parry and you might be able to break the enemies blade in half, this can become a very good source of crowd control and intimidation. You can even test your skill and aim for a lancers rifle, if your lucky or skilled enough you can destroy their weapon and force them to use a sidearm also.

The newest addition to defensive capabilities is here!
Next to the normal block is now the new move, Deflect.
This move is very hard to perform without any built up reflexes, making this one of the hardest melee actions to successfully make.

Lucky you though! The way this defensive action is made allows for you to not get killed from failing to perform it.
How its done:
- You simply need to hold the current block, when you have an incoming attack you then press the attack direction that will contact it.
What it does:

- This is a great move because it adds perfect defense to your movement. First and foremost you need to build up your reflexes for melee really well, otherwise this action loses a lot of bullet/ gun defense related use.

-This can be used to block ALL Deflected damage with a successful performance.(Only damage that's deflected, you can't survive a shot from behind just because you blocked one from the front.)

-It also consumes NO stamina when done right. Combine this and the point above to get near perfect defense from incoming melee attacks, if you can time it right. Without a proper reflex system built up you won't be able to access this abilities best function!

-​This ability works in conjuncture with the Blade Watcher reflexes to create an amazing defense mechanism. Time will slow as your Tenno processes the incoming danger, they will concentrate and focus their blade on its connection point. Basically time slows and bullet's gain a nice tracer that goes ahead of the bullet, get your blade there before the bullet and you will deflect it.
|-Imagine, trying to stealth or something for once, a lancer see's you, he starts to fire at you, you charge at him. You focus as the bullets fly past you, concentrate on the incoming projectiles, time seems to slow around you, it's almost as if you can see where they will hit. Then you act while in this state, moving your blade to all of the projectiles impact points, when they hit they do so in a way that seems effortless, as if it is giving you the will to continue....-|
When you block more then 2-3 attacks in a row with this action you will start to regain stamina, this feature ensures that those who find time to earn pride in their melee defense can continue to block damage if something gets through.

-OH, did I forget to mention you can CUT certain projectiles in HALF?
When a heavy projectile comes flying at you you can deflect it with an outstanding result, it will be cut in half rendering it useless. Say a napalm fires a rocket at you, in normal game standards even if you block it the rocket explodes and deals damage, when you use this though your Tenno will CUT THROUGH the rocket, making it deal no damage and also ceasing it's explosion. There will be a chance that the rocket does explode still because you can't make every cut perfect and it would be waaay to good if you could cut every rocket a napalm shoots at you in half.

Enjoy this new defensive ability and tell me if you think it would add a level of combat immersion to melee.

Tenno..

There are a large possibilities of things you can discover with this new parry system that I utterly hope brings enough to the table to fill our need for real skill based melee, like we were promised.

Tenno, This is my most aspiring idea yet, melee is my main form of combat in this game, if you can support me and help me form these ideas into something you will accept along with me in the game then please do, I truly wish that DE implements these melee ideas into the game.

How The ENEMY REACTS.

"The enemy is ever evolving Tenno... We must match their strength with our own, the time has come to delve into your memory of your mastery over melee weapons." -Lotus

DE has told us how they want to add more melee oriented units without them being shrugged off easily like most butchers. I think this idea gives them incentive to make melee enemies that aren't only stronger then the average butcher but that are also more fun to deal with.

Imagine running into a small squad of long sword wielding grineer, what do you do? Pull out your 3 forma soma? Hek no! You pull out your trusty melee weapon and engage them in honorable blade to blade combat, not only would that make the game slow down slightly when these units are encountered, it will also add a sort of lore feel to it.

I don't know about you Tennos but if I could I would want my Ash remembered as a force to be reckoned with, not because he has to fire power to blow away a whole grineer galleon but because he has the skill to take out every crew member on board with nothing but his blades. (being literal about blowing the ship up, not just killing all the grineer quickly with a soma or ogris.)

Imagine, you decide to put the soma down for once, you decide you want to BE the Tenno, that you want to use your fabled "demi-god skill". Running about a city controlled by the Grineer Empire, you have politics to assassinate, war generals to kill... and you have the ability to do so.

Grineer Melee enemy.

Lets continue with the theme of the grineery, a new enemy I will create will be a sort of high skill, melee special ops team in the grineer empire, not another G3. These grineer are called BladeTech, they were high tech armor that increases their combat abilities.

The BladeTech are most adept with blades, that being said they only use melee weapons and a pistol. Because of their genetic coding being programmed to fit their armor's capabilities they are only good at using melee and have low precision drives in their brains(which means they can't use guns accurately enough to be effective with them, e.g. they use a pistol)

-.Now that we have made our enemy lets give him behavior. This will fall into my idea for enemy behavior and the open world aspect I designed which means, they won't just have a faster sprint speed with high damage, long charge attacks. Unlike almost all of the melee enemies we have today which never actually improve but instead just change stats. Example: The butcher, faster speed then a lancer, low health, no armor, strong-ish attacks that have a wind up. The PowerFist, fast sprint speed, very low health, no armor, strong attack that has a long wind up. <-- no difference between: model, tactics, and skill.-

The BladeTech will have a new model, a sleek, high-tech, grey power armor. The armor will give them good melee protection and their speed will be faster then the average lancer, they will be able to parkour like most Tenno thanks to the armor. Unlike normal units in the game, they will be based off my own image of enemies, they will use different weapons (a series of single blade, katana or longsword like weapons I will make for them) and will have different colors as to give them personality. They will act in a group that caps at four, which means anymore left from that group will form a new one. They will also be valiant melee fighters, they won't just run up to you and start swinging away (looking at you every melee unit in-game) they will stay back sorta and use different attacks, so parrying will be a good skill to use against them.

-Now that we have a lovely new unit lets think of what good they will be. With these new units parrying and blocking will be your best friends, not only will you be able to defend against bullets, possibly cutting them in half, you will also be able to do things like block enemy directional attacks, parry them aside and continue with a counter attack that isn't scripted or locked in place. The BladeTech will use the same differing attacks as you, which means you will need to learn their body movements and prepare accordingly. As I previously said, they will use different weapons, one could be using a longsword and another could be using a tanto like blade (pretty much a dagger katana) so learning what the attacks from each look like before they are unleashed will help protect you from them.

Regular units like lancers and such will try different directions when it comes to them whipping you with their gun, so you will need to be ready to deal with them appropriately.

How STANCES EFFECT your blade.

We didn't gain stances just for my idea to renew melee to null their use, stances will become what they should be, real stances that change your attack movements instead of just adding combos.

Lets start.

When you equip a stance a few things are taken into account and some things change:

-FIRST, they are called stances for a reason, when you use them you change your stance. currently they JUST add combos, now they will actually put your Tenno into a stance when their melee weapon is drawn.

-Second, I said that this idea will make you need skill, that means much more then just needing to learn a few button clicks to perform combos. This idea will completely rework the combos, instead of pressing E E E wait then E you will now need to learn the actual swipes that that combo contains. - This adds much more damage potential per strike and also makes the combo something to learn and once you do they will become personal skills, how you ask? You will be able to modify them.

-Now when you perform that first three slash combo in Sinking Talon you will need to do each move, the first E E E combo is a right slash then a left slash followed by a spinning left slash with a quick right lash. To perform this you will need to use the proper buttons:

-right click for the first right slash, -left for the second left slash, -and a left click with the right movement button held down or pressed during the click for the left slash spin, -you can then follow with a quick tap of the right mouse button.

A special thing this allows is the construction and deconstruction of each and every move in a combo/stance, the utter amount of customization and personalization this will allow will completely blow minds. This system could allow you to remember the slashes in specific parts of a combo and perform them independently which means if you like the spin slash at the end of that first E E E combo in Sinking Talon then you can perform it with out having to do the first right and left slash. This can allow the player to essentially make their own combos by using moves from different combos in a single stance, here's and example: you perform a slide attack then once you get up you follow with a left slash spin which is the last move in the Lashing Panther combo of Sinking Talon then perform a downward slash with the mouse wheel scrolled down.

What this all allows you to do is create your own combos that extend far beyond the normal ones of our stances.

- There will even be new actions that you can do without stances, such as a double spinning downward slash stab with dual daggers, performed by using a downward slash stab by scrolling the mouse wheel down, and pressing w right when you press the second downward slash stab.

-These moves open amazing doors for anything to happen in an utterly awesome way.

Link To New Web Site! : http://warframeimmersiononline.weebly.com/
The site is now fully updated along with the update page, check it if you want to know whats been added without searching each page :3

{ UPDATES! }

Added new explanations for the three new types of blocking that the Melee ideas would introduce, found in the Melee Sector very top and says NEW <UPDATES>(formerly know as the What does what! spot)

Adjusted the "folding" of the thread, now it's much more compact and sectioned. The first idea is right under THE START OF IT ALL. Now it's not taking up all that space.

Web Site Updated

Enjoy the Thread ;D

Edited by GrimR3APER

Wall-O-Text!

But the ideas are pretty decent, albeit hard to read through with so many words... -_- Waiting for that Trin special stealth kill... :D

Oh yeah, by the way - that whole persistent world thing - sounds hella sweet, but definitelly is gonna take a lot (and i mean A LOT) of time to actually come to life.

Edited by Psychotoxin

Wall-O-Text!

But the ideas are pretty decent, albeit hard to read through with so many words... -_- Waiting for that Trin special stealth kill... :D

Thanks! I can't wait to see what I come up with either. When I was making it I tried to make it sectioned off, i'll try to improve it some more real quick.

So far I have read the first portion, and I must say I enjoy your first 3 ideas, with the exception of that for us veteran players, increasing enemy levels is not that bad. However, for new players it would be bad and imo it would be unfair to them. Will continue to read and edit once finished.

Also an idea for Trinity would be using her so called "energy vampire" and doing a draining animation sucking the life force out of an enemy.

EDIT 1: "All of the events will change the entire game, if one person fails and the grineer gain energy weapons on Saturn, they do for everyone" I do not like this idea at all, reasoning goes back to new players (no offense to any new players reading this), but I feel like this would do more harm than good. Also what about players who do solo runs? If they so chose to run a mission solo just for sake of difficulty, why should other players be "burdened" with their faults at failing a mission.

EDIT 2 (Final I think): Free roam idea: I love the concept here, I myself have been trying to figure a way of how DE could implement a free roam system into the game and still have it fit. IMO so far this is the most plausable free roam idea I have seen. I still think that only 4 tenno should be allowed on the map, because having 8 to me would feel more competitive (assassins creed crapy mutliplayer flashes in my mind). Plus why change what already works in sense of number of players. P.S. If my AC comment seems harsh I did not intended to sound harsh.

Edited by Nalo1993

So far I have read the first portion, and I must say I enjoy your first 3 ideas, with the exception of that for us veteran players, increasing enemy levels is not that bad. However, for new players it would be bad and imo it would be unfair to them. Will continue to read and edit once finished.

Also an idea for Trinity would be using her so called "energy vampire" and doing a draining animation sucking the life force out of an enemy.

EDIT 1: "All of the events will change the entire game, if one person fails and the grineer gain energy weapons on Saturn, they do for everyone" I do not like this idea at all, reasoning goes back to new players (no offense to any new players reading this), but I feel like this would do more harm than good. Also what about players who do solo runs? If they so chose to run a mission solo just for sake of difficulty, why should other players be "burdened" with their faults at failing a mission.

I thought of that one too a little and it might work.

The problem with new players is there your right, What I was thinking but forgot to mention is a level cap for participating in the event and having them affect your game, I was thinking at least rank 3 that way you have some experience.

Since the level scales with your conclave rating a new player wouldn't be getting anything higher then a level 10 person really so I think they can deal with it. Of course all that only matters if they don't use stealth which is one of the main things the idea would implicate.

If they are rank 3 and have enemies with energy weapons they too would scale with the level like normal. The damage is literally not that big compared to the original weapons they have that even new players should be able to enjoy the event.

Speaking as a solo player, I think this is more of an idea to make the whole world an active place, you don't need to partake in the events, their only there to show that things actually happen in the solar system and when you go on a killing spree you actually stop something.

Edited by GrimR3APER

-snip-

Okay I can more agree on the level cap idea, and if I am reading this correctly you are suggesting having it so that players only rank 3 and above can effect the map, or that players rank 3 can only participate in the event. if the latter is true then would that mean players who are above rank 3 would be forced to do the event?

Also throwing it out as a pre-warning some players might go lore crazy on you for the idea of giving grineer energy weapons haha (yes I know its an example). 

Okay I can more agree on the level cap idea, and if I am reading this correctly you are suggesting having it so that players only rank 3 and above can effect the map, or that players rank 3 can only participate in the event. if the latter is true then would that mean players who are above rank 3 would be forced to do the event?

Also throwing it out as a pre-warning some players might go lore crazy on you for the idea of giving grineer energy weapons haha (yes I know its an example). 

Your right a little, my thought was that anyone below rank 3 can't effect the map or participate in it.

The energy weapon thing is actually not too lore breaking since the grineer try to do research on them anyway and that's why you destroy the mining machines in grineer sabotage. I just wanted it to have an effect.

The energy weapon sabotage thing would just be one of the things that could happen unless its the only thing you do sabotage missions for with the grineer. Things like spy mission would just make a new alert pop up so you would always have new events going on. 

I want to find a way to balance the events that add to levels. I think It would be easy since the missions wouldn't change they would just have something added to them. Grineer would still be the same in the level and most would have grakatas still but then every once and a while you'll find a couple with a crappy energy rifle prototype mixed in with the other lancers. Plus the event will most likely be completed by the billions of players before the high level missions get anything good that make them too difficult.

Your right a little, my thought was that anyone below rank 3 can't effect the map or participate in it.

The energy weapon thing is actually not too lore breaking since the grineer try to do research on them anyway and that's why you destroy the mining machines in grineer sabotage. I just wanted it to have an effect.

The energy weapon sabotage thing would just be one of the things that could happen unless its the only thing you do sabotage missions for with the grineer. Things like spy mission would just make a new alert pop up so you would always have new events going on. 

I want to find a way to balance the events that add to levels. I think It would be easy since the missions wouldn't change they would just have something added to them. Grineer would still be the same in the level and most would have grakatas still but then every once and a while you'll find a couple with a crappy energy rifle prototype mixed in with the other lancers. Plus the event will most likely be completed by the billions of players before the high level missions get anything good that make them too difficult.

Okay I think I understand where your concept is heading. Yeah this could work, in all honesty I really hope/wish DE would take a look at this post and take some ideas from it. Also would your idea for the events be so it locked only one star map location (ex. appoll, mercury) or would it be a side event like with Tethra, Cicero, and Breeding?

Also, the grineer energy weapons would be horribly in the prototype stages, not to mention their grineer built. Grineer do physical things, clunky, inefficient, biological things so they wouldn't be much more dangerous then their normal rifles.

Okay I think I understand where your concept is heading. Yeah this could work, in all honesty I really hope/wish DE would take a look at this post and take some ideas from it. Also would your idea for the events be so it locked only one star map location (ex. appoll, mercury) or would it be a side event like with Tethra, Cicero, and Breeding?

If you mean it spreads to other planets then no, its only on the place it started. Also I think it will be on any node connected to the one that starts it ex. appoll, mercury starts it so then the node connected to it might get them withing half an hour of appoll having it too. Make it take time for it to happen so all of the nodes aren't just instantly getting energy weapons from a single timer. They each have their own.

If you mean it spreads to other planets then no, its only on the place it started. Also I think it will be on any node connected to the one that starts it ex. appoll, mercury starts it so then the node connected to it might get them withing half an hour of appoll having it too. Make it take time for it to happen so all of the nodes aren't just instantly getting energy weapons from a single timer. They each have their own.

Okay I understand that, let me try rephrasing the question. Would said apollo be locked out meaning players could not do the survival mission there, they could only do the event, or would it be separate having it off the hard set map locations and still allow players to do survival on apollo while others could go and do said event.

Updated so that its a little cleaner looking, added Trinity's corner stealth attack.

EDIT: Also explained some more with the events that add to missions so that you can understand what options you have for it. Look for underlined text.

Edited by GrimR3APER

Okay I understand that, let me try rephrasing the question. Would said apollo be locked out meaning players could not do the survival mission there, they could only do the event, or would it be separate having it off the hard set map locations and still allow players to do survival on apollo while others could go and do said event.

Depends on what the event causes, as far as the grineer energy one they would just gain energy weapons. It won't lock the mission or change it until they have them. I get what you mean though and i'll add a part explaining that you have a choice to either help them loss the added thing with the event or do the normal mission but they will have the added thing from the event.

Depends on what the event causes, as far as the grineer energy one they would just gain energy weapons. It won't lock the mission or change it until they have them. I get what you mean though and i'll add a part explaining that you have a choice to either help them loss the added thing with the event or do the normal mission but they will have the added thing from the event

Well other than that I think that is the only real critique I had, I'll keep checking back in on this post to comment or to see if you have added anymore interesting ideas. =D

Well other than that I think that is the only real critique I had, I'll keep checking back in on this post to comment or to see if you have added anymore interesting ideas. =D

Thanks for your feedback and I hope you enjoy/enjoyed. :D

this sounds more alive and realistic, making failing a real conflict i like it but what happens if the event ends, do the grineer still have the energy weapons

This would be fun but what do we get for doing this

you gotta add prizes so people will do it.

i +1 this idea

but i read mainly only the first half because it had alot of text

Edited by Hunter126

this sounds more alive and realistic, making failing a real conflict i like it but what happens if the event ends, do the grineer still have the energy weapons

This would be fun but what do we get for doing this

you gotta add prizes so people will do it.

i +1 this idea

but i read mainly only the first half because it had alot of text

When you finish an event the added thing is removed, like with the grineer's energy weapons. The reason you do an exterminate mission then deception one is to kill anyone using the thing then removing the plans for it or destroying it yourself. So after each event is started and resolved the place goes back to normal.

There are rewards, like It states, but they aren't as great as actual events like the one time ones. The rewards would be a bit better then normal mission rewards, more credits then normal, what ever mods you collect along with resources. 

Your right, there is a lot of text but its necessary, this is a big idea. And a long one, it needs detail so that it will come across people nicely.

Updated with new ceiling stealth attacks!!!! Each weapon has its own cool attack animation that plays for them, feel free to check it out and enjoy.

Huh?????? *reads idea* hmmmm I like the idea but I am not sure I completely understand how we (Tenno) are suppose to get onto the ceiling....I'm probably looking at it and it's just missing me, but yeah.

Huh?????? *reads idea* hmmmm I like the idea but I am not sure I completely understand how we (Tenno) are suppose to get onto the ceiling....I'm probably looking at it and it's just missing me, but yeah.

I posted that instead of running up the wall and hitting the ceiling then sliding down it you would just transition onto the ceiling. Run onto the wall and hit the ceiling and you will climb onto it.

I posted that instead of running up the wall and hitting the ceiling then sliding down it you would just transition onto the ceiling. Run onto the wall and hit the ceiling and you will climb onto it.

Okay, but (play devils advocate) how would that transition work for all warframes. I could see it working well with say Ash or Valkyr, mainly because Ash is a ninja and Valkyr has claws and is pretty much a hunter. I don't see it working well though with Warframes like Rhino or Frost.

P.S. While I was typing this I came up with a thought about making this ability (prepares for being stabbed and shot) into a mod or Aura.

Okay, but (play devils advocate) how would that transition work for all warframes. I could see it working well with say Ash or Valkyr, mainly because Ash is a ninja and Valkyr has claws and is pretty much a hunter. I don't see it working well though with Warframes like Rhino or Frost.

P.S. While I was typing this I came up with a thought about making this ability (prepares for being stabbed and shot) into a mod or Aura.

I understand the themes of some off the frames would make the move look sort of off but their all ninjas so I can accept it.

Your idea for an ability sounds interesting. I could see this being a replacement for stealth kills or finishers. If you don't mind I would like to put this in the OP along with some other ideas of my own.

Edited by GrimR3APER

Read it, Agreed, Love it! 1+ These ideas are a MUST, to make the game more alive... and force players to be more... ninjas and less commandos. If you play with online (mode) random groups your have to get lucky to ACTUALLY end up with a group of veterans players that play like ninjas instead of these commando rushers that are constantly harassing other players to hurry up so they can make a quick buck...or just BOOM, BOOM, call the whole armada why wont ya? (stupid hot head tenno ***grumble, grumble...***) mission complete... *ugh*, instead of the Stealth hack, slash, whoosh (Lotus: no body knows your here)... mission completed *shhh, yaaay great job ninja team*. XD

I know some Warframe are not all that stealthy, but you CAN be stealthy...with the right weapons, mods, etc... I have stealth whole missions with my favorite Nekros and its Deth Cube Sentinel... I have him completely configure for stealth... even thought its more challenging since his powers are not stealthy... but it can be Done...

Point is, we do need more incentives/rewards, even mechanics in maps/enemies or maybe special Mods for your warframe not just for weapons, so all warframes can stealth...I say this thread and discussion is a GREAT start!

Please DE at least add a few of these great suggestion the community is discussing and talking about... XD

Edited by 0zryel

I understand the themes of some off the frames would make the move look sort of off but their all ninjas so I can accept it.

Your idea for an ability sounds interesting. I could see this being a replacement for stealth kills or finishers. If you don't mind I would like to put this in the OP along with some other ideas of my own.

Take whatever you want if it gives you ideas, that's the reasons people give criticism so people can improve upon their ideas.