Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Formae Cernos! [Concept Art]

blazingcobalt

Okay so, I love bows and I love drawing. It's time to mix the two.

When I first found out that Warframe had bows, I rushed to craft a Paris. To this day I am still greatly amused by how arrows just snag an enemy, make them scream, THEN pin them to the wall in shame. It's nice to see an annoying Corpus being tacked to the wall like an ornament.

Cernos is my favorite bow by far, it looks neat sheathed and I love the overall look of the bow itself. How come it doesn't have a primed version?

Paris got some prime time, why not the pretty Cernos? That's where I felt like drawing up this design?

yDYoizv.png

I think it would be sweet to get another prime bow.

(That doesn't look like a giant banana.)

Also, here is what you'd see when it's on your back. It's so friendly it just glares into your soul with a happy expression.

sMFMyAS.png

-Suggestion by Holicon

Link to post; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/256295-cernos-prime-concept-art/page-2#entry3136188

warframe_blazingcobalt_cernosprime.png

Edited by blazingcobalt

Very nice

Thanks. c:

Ever heard of blunt force trauma?

Good work OP, I could prolly stand using the prime.

My only irk with prime weapons is that you can't recolor the gold. I like to use a color scheme of gray/white/blue and then when gold gets thrown in it just makes me wanna cry.

Paris does Puncture (Grineer)

Cernos does Impact (Corpus)

Dread does Slash (Infested)

so what happens if there was a Dread prime (probably not because Dread is stalker's)

Edited by Hunter126

+1 for the idea and the work you put in.

I have a question tho. Lore-wise was the Cernos ever an Orokin weapon or was it created after the fall (Post Hybernation Tenno Tech)?

It's 2am and my brain is fried, so excuse anything that sounds a bit silly.

I'm not sure really, according to the wiki both Paris and Cernos are 'old and ancient designs' but, to try and answer your question.. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it was created during the Orokin era perhaps or maybe even before it but, just not by them or something.

I'm not too saavy with the lore and I'm just going off codex entries from the wiki, so if I dun goofed, feel free to correct me.

Paris does Puncture (Grineer)

Cernos does Impact (Corpus)

Hate does Slash (Infested)

so what happens if there was a hate prime (probably not because Hate is stalker's)

Why did you put scythe in comparison with bows...

I hope that you meant Dread (btw Dread is on level with Paris Prime considering overall damage).

It's 2am and my brain is fried, so excuse anything that sounds a bit silly.

I'm not sure really, according to the wiki both Paris and Cernos are 'old and ancient designs' but, to try and answer your question.. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it was created during the Orokin era perhaps or maybe even before it but, just not by them or something.

I'm not too saavy with the lore and I'm just going off codex entries from the wiki, so if I dun goofed, feel free to correct me.

Well the Codex (offical Lore) says, "Evoking the design of ancient bows…"

The Wiki (unofficial Lore) says, "The Cernos is a Tenno bow…"

So I would think that the Cernos is a newer production that is closely based on an older design by aesthetic but not necessarily manufacturing standards.

Be that as it may, your design is something I'd really like to see in the game.

So if say the Cernos is not officially based directly on a specific orokin make, then it could be possible that select weapons could be retro-engineered to take on orokin properties. But because of the complexity if such a process, not all weapons are eligible. In that case It wouldn't really be Cernos Prime, but "Formae Cernos". And the parts would be gathered some place other than the Void. Perhaps a new station in the orokin lab?

A proccess that would require breaking down Prime Parts into Formae Ingots used to create the orokin modifications to the existing weapon.

Another possibility is that your design IS the bow the cernos was meant to evoke. Not "Cernos" by make, but rather an inspiration who's name was lost. Perhaps still being used in far-flung regions by Elite Imperial Conscripts?

Edited by holyicon

Why did you put scythe in comparison with bows...

I hope that you meant Dread (btw Dread is on level with Paris Prime considering overall damage).

oops i meant dread

Dread does mainly slash damage (but i don't think there will be a dread prime because it is stalker's unless you fight a stalker prime)

nice artwork!

I have tech question: what editor do you use for your artworks? first I thought you are vector artist, but then after watching your gif about how you draw your stuff I've released - krita?! so... are you my oss bro/sis? :)

nice artwork!

I have tech question: what editor do you use for your artworks? first I thought you are vector artist, but then after watching your gif about how you draw your stuff I've released - krita?! so... are you my oss bro/sis? :)

Nope, I use Paint Tool Sai. Although, I do want to give Krita a shot at some point.

Nope, I use Paint Tool Sai. Although, I do want to give Krita a shot at some point.

oh, I've used Sai too before Krita :)  I've changed Sai on Krita after I've installed additional brushes and textures into Sai and it started lagging as ArtRage...

• 2 weeks later...

ok... I'm gonna get technical now so if you dont like that look away

the bow design itself would not work as it has too much curve because it wouldn't bent like a bow is supposed to. when using this bow design it would stretch which wont send the arrow 5 feet let alone kill somebody but I have an easy fix: less curve, more length. or turn the "bunny ears"(yes I went there) into/wrap with springs as that might fix the problem see. other than that it looks good, nice job

ok... I'm gonna get technical now so if you dont like that look away

the bow design itself would not work as it has too much curve because it wouldn't bent like a bow is supposed to. when using this bow design it would stretch which wont send the arrow 5 feet let alone kill somebody but I have an easy fix: less curve, more length. or turn the "bunny ears"(yes I went there) into/wrap with springs as that might fix the problem see. other than that it looks good, nice job

meh... space logic and orokin technologies easily can solve these technical problems :)