Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea - Varia

TheGodofCruelty

I kind of had way too much time on my hands so I thought about a Design for a Warframe based on the Infested, at least partially, the basic idea is that we have a back story for valkyr and experiments done on her but she still is a melee based frame, so I thought about a concept for a Range based frame fused with infested parts.

Introducing: VARIA

She is a mix of Infested bodyparts fused with a Tenno, Alad V has as we all know experimented with the Infestation and found an injured Tenno left behind missing limbs and had a hole in her skull. yet she was still alive so he took her in as Guinea pig since his last experiment (the Zanuka) failed so he decided to make his own Tenno so he replaced her missing limbs with the limbs of the strongest of the Infested and planned to brainwash her.

Her right arm was replaced by a Blaster like contraption, her left hand was replaced by a reptile like clawed hand and he patched up the hole in her skull too, which is something I will go into later.

She did however manage to escape the Facility before he managed to brainwash her (which he did not because he might have risked her dying)

Having a blaster as her arm she does not need to carry weapons, instead her arm fuses with them making the projectiles fire from her right arm.

she can still use melee weapons with her left claw-shaped hand however.

Her helmet is special too being the only one with a third visor (Explained under skills) and she has some Spike like Crystals on her shoulder that are capable of Storing energy, those however are not part of the experiment but rather how the frame originally handled before she was captured.

On her back she has a device that connects the Infested arm to a substance that numbs the hive mind of the infested cells and allows her to control that arm, those tubes can however be disconnected if she wishes to do so.

This is her:

KomfC0m.jpg

As for her skills:

1st Skill: Spike Tackle

She Charges the spikes on her shoulder with her shield energy and Unleashes it in a deadly Tackle, while she sacrifices her shields, the more shield energy she has invested the stronger the attack will be.

2nd Ability: Third Eye

Her helmet has a feature that no other warframe has, there is a Third visor there for a third eye that was implanted on her forehead, with this ability she gains Limited Thermal vision, however this comes with a price of degrading her vision the longer she uses it, you might remember being hit by one of those energy drain ancients, yeah it can get that bad.

The degraded vision fades over time but take longer the longer she has used the X-Ray mode (there is however a limit that is affected by power duration just like range and strength mods would affect What types of things can be seen and how far those can be seen)

3rd Ability: Supercharge Weapon

She Supercharges her equipped weapon giving it a new fire mode for a short time dealing more damage and affecting the primary or secondary fire mode, but only one of them as the skill cancels if the weapon is switched again, I could for example imagine the Phage to shoot the normal shotgun beams regularly but a Big constant beam in supercharged mode, or the bolto/akbolto shooting trap darts that act like tripwires with elemental damage basing on the installed mods.

Warframe Ability: Unleash

See those tubes going from her arm to her back? those connect her Regular body to the Infested bodypart, this regulates her control over that arm, with this ability however she will disconnect those from her back and unleash the arm to go wild and slowly take her over, where it combines the energy of both installed weapons to constantly emit homing orbs of energy, she will be unable to shoot controlled unless she focuses her mind on the arm which she will only be able to do while charging a shot during which she can't move, the result however is devestating, think of the blast of a penta with max firestorm going forward in a straight line.

The problem is that the longer she keeps the controller disconnected the longer it will take to aim until she starts losing health after the Infestation took over too much of her body at which point one can choose to either re-connect or die and leave behind a deadly infested body that starts attacking her team just to be able to get that last most destructive shot out.

Stats

Health: R0 - 50 | R30 - 100

(Because of her Health being only alive because of the infestation she has little to no health)

Shield: R0 - 200 | R30 - 500

(Her design before the modification was a frame that used shield energy to empower her attacks)

Armor: 200

(Remember that she does have parts of the Ancients fused to her, she still is less durable than Valkyr though)

Stamina: 60

(She needs much of her endurance to fight the Infestation that is slowly taking over her body)

Speed: 1.20 | 1.30 in Unleashed mode

(In return for her Vitality slowly degrading the Infestation allows her to sprint very fast)

Edited by TheGodofCruelty

Well that wasn't actually planned in the beginning ;D but yes kind of, still I'm really missing something like this, I imagine this would play pretty unique actually, the fact that she does not carry weapons could open up some pretty interesting possibilities.

tubes remind me of Lt Lech Krill

Power 2 is pretty much a self sonar without weak spots

3 almost reminds me of dethcube's vaporize

but i love 1 and 4

when it slowly takes over, how did it get there in the first place and what about

typhus (with his parasite) is it the same

tubes remind me of Lt Lech Krill

Power 2 is pretty much a self sonar without weak spots

3 almost reminds me of dethcube's vaporize

but i love 1 and 4

when it slowly takes over, how did it get there in the first place and what about

typhus (with his parasite) is it the same

Well Power 2 Is pretty much like you would use the scanner and as described the more you use from the maximum time you can keep it up, the longer you can't see correctly afterwards, you would get that effect you get when hit by an disruptor or walk through a disruption barrier for a while.

Power 3 Is not a beam, it amplifies the equipped weapons and changes their strength and on some weapons the fire type as I have explained.

Let me make a list of Examples:

Phage: Focus all beams together to one large destructive one

Penta: Grenades turn into sticky bombs

Ignis: Spews molten liquid which stays for a while (Think of Hydroids undertow but made of Lava)

Ogris: Lowers damage greatly but allows carpet bombing of a large area quickly

etc.

Now obviously the power cost of that is enormous and it does not last long (not affected by duration and strenght mods, it all depends on the weapon it is used with and has a fixed duration)

The parasite is her blaster arm which was a replacement that Alad V added while experimenting with the Infestation, the arm itself however is still a parasitic being on it's own that is trying to take over the host body which is prevented mostly by the substance that flows through the tubes even though her additional eye and her left hand are infested parts too, those are only taken from minor infested, her antibodies are able to fight off those enough for her to keep control.

As for Typhus, yes it's a similar concept, after reading it however It has some fundamental differences, first of all since Varia was a result of an experiment like valkyr she was forced to live with a parasite instead of a bond or a symbiosis it's more like they are in constant war over her body, she practically carries her most lethal enemy around as a part of herself, if the parasite manages to reach from her arm all the way to her brain it's game over for her

Hope that explains things a little better

Edited by TheGodofCruelty

The parasite is her blaster arm which was a replacement that Alad V added while experimenting with the Infestation, the arm itself however is still a parasitic being on it's own that is trying to take over the host body which is prevented mostly by the substance that flows through the tubes even though her additional eye and her left hand are infested parts two.

that sounds awesome but shouldn't infested parts actually increase health not decrease it.

+1

that sounds awesome but shouldn't infested parts actually increase health not decrease it.

+1

Yes usually that should be the case however she was nearly bled dry when she was found missing a hand and arm and she did have a big hole in her skull, she shouldn't be alive, yet she only is because of the modifications that's why her vitality has suffered greatly

Using the Codex Scanner already serves as the Thermal Vision

Yes but you can't shoot while using it, I thought about it as an aid while using Piercing weapons like bows for example.