Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tekan 2.0 [Extendable Long Sword] [Contains Art, Gifs, Renders, And Swords!]

blazingcobalt

-Tekan-

An Orokin forged long sword capable of changing it shape inorder change the tide in battle

DEj6Gi8.png

-Information & Mechanics-

Tekan utilizes a Warframe's power to change it's blade length and lethality. Once a Tenno grabs a hold of the hilt, the sword glows their energy color and comes to life. The more energy pumped into the sword by how many hands placed on the sword decide which form it assumes. If the wielder chooses two hands, the blade doubles in length offering speed and reach. On the chance they only use one hand, the sword becomes slower and much more powerful.

The inner blade is pushed to and from via this energy. The same energy also keeps the blade in place while extended so it does not fly off into the distance.

DQ76gCP.gif

-Stances-

Similar to the Nikana, Tekan has two stances.

-Withering Lotus-

Fast and light two handed slashes used to catch enemies off guard

-Blooming Lotus-

Slow and strong one handed strikes made to chisel down enemies

-No Stance-

On the case of no stance being equipped, Tekan changes it form to extended in the third swing of a basic combo.

---

//Comments

---

I've been wanting to revisit this for a while, just... didn't know how to approach it. If you still want to see the first version, then check it out below. I was going to texture the model that I got from Electrowolf but, I got lost in the UV maps and just kinda.. forgot about it. My apologizes there.

I took from last time to make sure to explain and show how the blade retracts and extends for those who get confused.

Version 1

Hey all, I keep getting ideas in my head for weapons each time I play. This time I wanted to actually draw up one and share it with you all.

Tekan is basically like a Galatine. It's around the same height. It weights much less and can be swing faster. This is a trade off for the power that the Galatine has. The Tekan uses some form of technology that allows the lower blade section to open up and the blade to retract back into it for easy storage.

-Concept Art-

RDUcokE.png

Drawn - The sword is at full length and is ready to be used in combat.

2nd Stage - The lower blade parts open up and expose the inner railing for the blade to slide down.

3rd Stage - The blade slides down into place.

Sheathed - The top and bottom parts close shut on the blade with a puff of steam and then the weapon is sheathed onto the back.

---

--Edit; Xelectrowolfx has made an *awesome* animated gif showing how the blade works;

R9lTqn.gif

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/257676-tekan-collapsing-long-katana-concept-with-art-and-animations/?p=2996806

---

-Proportions-

mrLZ1Ch.png

The sword would rest on the shouler of the Tenno in the idle animation.

-Attack Animations-

gcgrSiv.png

-1- A downward diagonal slash. This would cover the Tenno pretty well. The blade would swing from the right shoulder down to the left thigh area.

-2- The blade is rotated so the edge is bared at the enemies direction. A swift uppercut is then delivered. Perhaps it has the chance to send the foe flying into the air as well? I'm not too sure there.

-3- The blade is taken from the uppercut position and then slammed straight downward onto the enemy.

---

---About Sliding Attacks, etc---

When using a primary or secondary weapon, or you decide to slide attack, you simply just use the sword in sheath mode. One side of it still has a keen edge for when it's being used fully.

*On the third swing, the blade becomes fully extended for a short period and allows for a much farther reach and attack. [suggested by xelectrowolfx.]

---
---Blade Design Ideas---

9l1lwUM.png

vqNMgI4.png

3hyzF9v.png

---

*Suggestion by Kthal; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/257676-tekan-collapsing-long-katana-concept-with-art-and-animations/page-2#entry3007258

"Also looking at the design closer, I think it would work well if the cover blades, after closing on the retracted main blade, slid back between the prongs on the hilt, until their base was flush with the hilt."

Ti2ig0r.png

Alright, give me your feedback, please.

Edited by blazingcobalt

I feel like the idea is neat, but why have the sheathed "mode" so to speak, not be sheathed at all really. The point of sheathing is so it's not immediately recognizable as a weapon or for safety so it's not sticking it's pointy bits into things it isn't meant too. Maybe I'm just particular but I feel like leaving it with the point sticking out and the bottom of the blade still visible just seems off. Other then that I'd like a big katana-esque sword.

-Edit I do like the moveset though, assuming it wouldn't just get thrown into the galatine set with that size

Edited by Nxai

it really adds to the space nija thing but there are some odd... proportion issues.. with the sheathing, the width of the bottom half grow 4 times the origonal size.. i mean unless im missing something, if they over lap then it doesnt show correctly

it really adds to the space nija thing but there are some odd... proportion issues.. with the sheathing, the width of the bottom half grow 4 times the origonal size.. i mean unless im missing something, if they over lap then it doesnt show correctly

Hm.. lemme see if I can explain this a bit more clearly.

Okay when it's sheathed it has the part of the blade that has fitted down into place. Then the parts that used to be the lower half of the blade then try to cover up the same part that has came down. Since they can't fully go back to the same position as they were in as if the sword was being used, they meet in the middle. 

I can try and draw up some more diagrams if it's still confusing.

i mean im not trying to bust chops or anything, but if this is implimented how would they make it work? like take clouds sword from advent children, its all fully explained even though this preticular explanation is made by someone else, it had to be explained just like this when it was being pitched to producers

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd441/vanie_mithoudas/FirstTsurugicombinaes.jpg

I can think of one reason for having a sword no larger than those already in the game folding up...

Dual Wield.

Could be introduced solo as a greatsword/axe category weapon, with a new stance to expand that class, and introduce a dual-greatsword weapon class.

Also, you nailed the Tenno artstyle, nice job.

Edited by Kthal

-Edit I do like the moveset though, assuming it wouldn't just get thrown into the galatine set with that size

Nope. I wouldn't of drawn up an animation set if I wanted it to use the same animations as Galatine. It's lighter and faster so it should be able to be swung around in a different sword of way.

Could be introduced solo as a greatsword/axe category weapon, with a new stance to expand that class, and introduce a dual-greatsword weapon class.

Also, you nailed the Tenno artstyle, nice job.

That's a pretty neat idea as well. You could also go in a way like the Nikana does, two stances. One of them has one handed slashes while the other has two handed.

As for the art comment, thank you. Trying to do Warframe styled stuff is a bit out of my comfort zone but, the more I try and do it, the more I warm up to it as well. c:

Its seems like those extra long japanese katanas with futuristic tech. Might fit into the lore nicely.

Don't know just how far I will get but I started some very very rough 3d models for it.

Ooh neat, post more if you do more please.

Question just throwing it out there. Have you thought about the quick attacks? The move set that you use while holding different weapons I had a cool idea for it. I was thinking first two slashes be very quick and uses the sheath in a short sword esc way, but the 3rd swipe is a long sweeping slower attack that brings the full blade out for a wider attack. Just an idea.

Question just throwing it out there. Have you thought about the quick attacks? The move set that you use while holding different weapons I had a cool idea for it. I was thinking first two slashes be very quick and uses the sheath in a short sword esc way, but the 3rd swipe is a long sweeping slower attack that brings the full blade out for a wider attack. Just an idea.

I like that idea, it could give Tenno the much needed room to breathe on the third strike.

I added that into the OP, if you don't mind.

Edited by blazingcobalt

Is it folded or something? Because I am wondering how the animation for the transition of stages will be

I was actually just working on this, and I ended up having to slightly change the design to get it to work.

But i have it roughly animated and working.

R9lTqn.gif

Edited by xelectrowolfx

I was actually just working on this, and I ended up having to slightly change the design to get it to work.

But i have it roughly animated and working.

R9lTqn.gif

Oh wow that's awesome! Seems you get the idea of how it works. Although I can't see any real design changes.

ALjndkfdfddf so, cool, thanks!

I'll link your post in the OP. c:

Edited by blazingcobalt