Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Void Is The Most Played Area By Veteran Players... And Yet It's Arguably The Least Interesting/ Fun

Innocent_Flower

Enemy variety is simply awful. The idea behind the corrupted enemies is that they're just regular enemies from other parts of the game mind controled and white... and yet they're not even that. That would be good. What we've got is a less than half arsed conversion; Butcher-dera, crewman with energy-bolt shooting strun, Heavy gunner. unspecified Ancient. Fusion moa. Attack drone. That's pretty much the most least interesting lineup of any faction available. Kubrows and scrakes are more interesting. 

The crime here, speaking as a guy who's made a couple of mods for a few other games, is that it requires little expertise or time to fix this gaping issue. Copy and paste character. Change faction. Make white with energy colours gold. Do the same for weapon. tick the boxes to put the little gold thing into their head (optional) add to codex and alter the spawn lists. none of which requires much skill and a single person could do it all within a couple of hours. 

That aside; Other problems are as follows. 

- There's only one defence tileset. That's quite a problem for a most tilesets, but it's still a problem with the void. The void is more commonly a place in which people go beyond round 20 and higher, then to repeat the process again.  

- Lighting is boring and uninteresting. Everything's bright and white (except for a few corridors and some of the rooms with dark walls) and as clean and heavenly as you might want the void to look; It doesn't make it interesting. Compare that to grineer ships in which there's sickly green coming from electrical energy, orange lights in the halls, the warm red glow of heatsources, that one room with the ping lights and so on and so forth. 

- Traps aren't interesting obstacles to overcome. They're inconveniences that are there to annoy you (slows, knockdown, uninteresting lasers). The moving cover doesn't offer much

That, and the void in the metagame isn't great; That you need to use a wiki to find out where what you want drops is terrible. RNG is skewered in a way that's unfavourable to many players and that isn't great either. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Sure, the void isn't as dull as OP says, but I'm sure it'll get a rework too.

Part of this sentiment stems from the new grineer tilesets, infested tweaks, the upcoming corpus tweaks, etc. The void does seem increasingly dull as the other factions are being added to, but that just means that the void will be up for improvements next!

Edited by (PS4)MoriartyHaaaiii

It kinda is though. Occasional parkour challenge rooms don't make up for the lack of mob diversity. Add to that the sheer amount of replay from trying to get that last Prime part and parkour rooms and by extension wild mods are the only vaguely interesting things.

I agree OP. Void is boring and repetitive compared to the rest of the game. It is also aging badly. The star map keeps getting better, but the Void remains almost unchanged since its introduction. I hope DE looks into this one day.

I agree OP. Void is boring and repetitive compared to the rest of the game. It is also aging badly. The star map keeps getting better, but the Void remains almost unchanged since its introduction. I hope DE looks into this one day.

Unchanged? Do you even play the game? Leaders have been removed and re-added. An entirely new tier, the fourth has been introduced. Let's not forget argon crystals either.

Several things:

- Yes, defense in the Void, no matter tier has only one tileset, true, and for players (veteran or otherwise) who don't want to pay monies, for say "Prime Access" and/or want's to go into "Trading", have some heavy grinding in-store for themselves, and in this running Tx Def can become tedious and mindbogglingly boring.

- But(t), one doesn't have to play the same missions over and over and over and over again, now do you?

- I digress, RNG and such is not the real issue here now is it?

- One could argue that the Orokin void towers have a uniform layout and such due to the fact that no new Orokin Towers are   built and the builders have gone extinct (lore-wise argument).

- From DEVs point of veiw, I really can't say, now that we have the new T4, one could argue for the change/update of new T def tiles, yes?

500px-Twilight053s_DerelictLobby_zps67d1  Orokin (derelict) Tower?

- As(s) far as lighting and such and such goes, that's just a matter of onions opinion, right? But one could also argue for (for the sake of arguing) that there has been a power shortage in that and that section of the Tower, and such and such... but wouldn't that also mean that the neural defense mechanism in that part of the Tower also have failed, no?   

- Traps and such... would you rather have traps that insta-gibs you? (How infuriating wouldn't that be?) But(t) in this I have no real comment as in how to make Tarps Traps more of a challenge

IMPORTANT:

From a gamers point of view, I can understand fully that it's damn boring to do the same thing over and over again, and I do support the idea and concept of evolving and expanding the Void, and I do hope and think that DE has plans for this among other things.

That's all I have in response to your questions/statements.

52219636_zps0130ca35.jpg

Addendum (Personal note on these arguments):

How much fun one has playing a game is very personal and varies as widely as in difference taste and choice, no matter tileset ect. ect. All I have to say in that matter is this:

- I find the company I'm with to be far more a crucial point that anything else...

- If it feel more like a chore, then it's no fun and no longer a game...

- Plus helps to take a break from the heavy grineer grinding now and then...

Cheers from Lokite of clan...

404834f8-01c5-4e27-b006-525aadb53430_zps

Edited by Lokite

Once upon a time, going to the void always felt rewarding. 75K just to complete a mission, yes please! Now the void feels stagnant. On top of that I don't feel like I'm rewarded going there.The void has both the best and worst aspects of Warframe.

I know this thread isn't exactly about void rewards, but it's related when you have to replay the same level endlessly and feel like nothing is achieved. You will start to hate the level.

Unchanged? Do you even play the game? Leaders have been removed and re-added. An entirely new tier, the fourth has been introduced. Let's not forget argon crystals either.

Yes, I do play it. And yes, it is almost unchanged, like I stated previously.

The OP has a pretty good point. Grinding away on the void feels like a chore more than anything.

The weapons the Corrupted use seem pretty place-holder, and I would like to see more enemy variety eventually (especially in the form of more Orokin drone types and mind-controlled factions), but other than that it's not so bad. Any additional or reworked tiles for the Void would be awesome too.

Basically, if they add more stuff I'm all for it, but if they don't I'm good. People play in the Void mostly for the drops anyway.

The problem is that it's just too white and clean, it's almost literally vanilla, IMO. The most interesting part of the maps were always the vaults/parkour rooms, and those were recently patched to be much less frequent, especially the lower tier void missions.

I think it's the maps that need an overhaul. We need more parkour, more gravity lifts, more rotating platforms and doors, more secrets. These should be dynamic levels.

A perfect example of where the void falls short:

2014-07-07_00002.jpg

I was so disappointed the first time I got inside these rotating plates and found nothing inside. That was a missed opportunity for another secret room.

Personally, I want void missions to be more like fighting inside a giant transformer (and I mean both a transformer and a Transformer of course)

The problem is that it's just too white and clean, it's almost literally vanilla, IMO. The most interesting part of the maps were always the vaults/parkour rooms, and those were recently patched to be much less frequent, especially the lower tier void missions.

I think it's the maps that need an overhaul. We need more parkour, more gravity lifts, more rotating platforms and doors, more secrets. These should be dynamic levels.

A perfect example of where the void falls short:

2014-07-07_00002.jpg

I was so disappointed the first time I got inside these rotating plates and found nothing inside. That was a missed opportunity for another secret room.

Personally, I want void missions to be more like fighting inside a giant transformer (and I mean both a transformer and a Transformer of course)

There's also one or two tiles that appear in derelict that don't spawn in normal void, despite not being 'service' areas or such.

The big hall with the electrified water comes to mind, as well as the double room you either have to go through the floor or through the (what I call) zap hallway up top to traverse. Even just tidying up those two(three) rooms would help for a bit.

There's also one or two tiles that appear in derelict that don't spawn in normal void, despite not being 'service' areas or such.

The big hall with the electrified water comes to mind, as well as the double room you either have to go through the floor or through the (what I call) zap hallway up top to traverse. Even just tidying up those two(three) rooms would help for a bit.

The second one you mentioned, if I am remembering ODs correctly, is the old raid room? Or am I thinking of another room?

Anyway, i agree with the enemies, but disagree with the design. And about the "Enemies being the same" That's how the towers works, by reviving enemies who die in the tower.

Hopefully, at least they'll add some more enemies to it, and possibly some automated enemies.

Edited by Warriorrogue

That is true! Im sick of void maps. Same thing for hours for half a year.

Simple *(for the devs) solution:  stop placing everything into the the void. Make high-level nodes on the planets and put some rewards there!  

Tenno, Orokin army invided Ceres! Banish them and maybe get a chance to win a BlingBling Prime part!

Or screw Orokin, normal grineer are harder.

Edited by Monolake

I wouldn't call it the least interesting area, but I would suggest it needs to be considerably more varied then most other tilesets simply because it's primary rewards aren't available on any other tile set, and there are a lot of them.

Most of the areas can get repetitive, but in many cases in you get tired on a particular tileset, you can switch to another and still get similar rewards, usually including the particular one you're looking for.  Keys of course can be obtained on lots of tilesets, specific mobs that drop useful mods are typically found in a variety of places, and most resources can be found in more then one tileset.

There are exceptions - you're stuck in the derelict for mutagen samples, corpus gas tileset for Neurals, and Ceres for Hek Co-ordinates.  But as a matter of scale, they're less time consuming then obtaining the whole variety of primes.  If we're going to spend as much time there, without any real alternative, they need to be super-duper-varied.  And while they're not terrible, and they're varied, it could use plenty more variations.

That said, DE doesn't seem to be shy about adding new possibilities to existing tilesets, so it will probably get expanded one way or the other - hopefully with something like the stunning space vistas from the last event.

My main dissatisfaction is that there's all these awesome levels to play, and only the Void has sufficient difficulty combined with good rewards. I wish I could play through all the maps and tilesets to get a good challenge AND good rewards.

My main dissatisfaction is that there's all these awesome levels to play, and only the Void has sufficient difficulty combined with good rewards. I wish I could play through all the maps and tilesets to get a good challenge AND good rewards.

That is a most excellent point. 

That said, DE doesn't seem to be shy about adding new possibilities to existing tilesets, so it will probably get expanded one way or the other - hopefully with something like the stunning space vistas from the last event.

Yup. Nice vistas wouldn't hurt me either.

I was surprised to see people going defensive so fast about the state of the void. Maybe we should spur some more discussion on the topic.

Would anyone who likes the void as it is bother to come forward and point out what is good about it? Nothing personal here. I'm just curious.

Edited by steak

I want more diversity. Different Void tile sets would be nice, like from Galleons, to battleships, to very small fighters and interceptors. Maybe even Orokin colony ships!

Which would also equal more enemy types, as different places need different things! 

More environmental dangers would be nice too.