Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warlords Should Be Able To Be Kicked/demoted By The Guy Who Created The Clan

aleco247

Title says it all. As the owner of a clan with 280 people, I fell like I'm too weak when dealing with other Warlords in the clan. Now you may be asking, why did you promote these guys to warlords in the first place? 2 reasons.

1. I promoted a trusted guy to it and he was a good Warlord. He then got bored of the game and when he gets bored, he likes to mess with people. I'm worried that he will come back and ruin my whole clan by deleting the whole dojo and kicked everyone out. On the bright side, he hasn't played Warframe in over a year, so maybe not, but still it's a factor.

2. Another reason is that my trusted friend (who is a good Warlord, him and I own the clan together) He accidentally promoted a random guy to warlord. I was peeing my pants when I saw this. Luckily for us, the guy was awesome and demoted himself. If he wasn't such a nice guy, the whole clan could have been ruined.

As the person who created the clan and got all 280 people, I feel like I need more control.

If this is a problem you are currently facing, contact support. If the person was promoted less than 2 weeks ago they can undo it. Otherwise, unless there are extreme circumstances, I'm afraid you are out of luck. 

That said, I agree with you regarding demotion, but what happens if the original Warlord leaves the clan?

Yeah, support can certainly solve your problem. Just describe to them what you described to us, you shouldn't have any problems. Though yeah, giving the clan's creator that power would certainly help, but then there would also be this issue:

That said, I agree with you regarding demotion, but what happens if the original Warlord leaves the clan?

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Like all other MMO/FPS/etc guilds work. Everything gets disbanded. 

/On topic  Implementing another higher rank which can only be held by one person.And instead of multiple people being warlords, only the original can shift its duties to another.

Well, you can change permissions and rename ranks.

You can make it look like you are just an Initiate in clan XD, or Call all noobs Warlords, why it is a big deal to promote everyone to "real" warlord? If you can give them same rights...

gWKQ5yn.jpg?1

If you on PC and promoting every user to Admin or using root account - bad thing will happen.

You can even go that far on Warframe, register another account with 32 digit password and make it warlord xD 

Edited by GCoda

Yeah, support can certainly solve your problem. Just describe to them what you described to us, you shouldn't have any problems. Though yeah, giving the clan's creator that power would certainly help, but then there would also be this issue:

Everything is disbanded if they leave.

Edited by Kashiki

I agree with you, aleco247. We, original Warlords, should be able to still have total control with a unique rank, with the same name and rights as classic warlords but also demotion upon Warlords, a kind of passive "Uber-Warlord" rank. Sometimes, it happens that people change and that should not be a problem for clans.

That is simple, you just have to demote yourself by giving your "Uber-Warlord" status to one of the trusty and "classic" warlords and thus become one of the classic warlords, the trusty warlord will be considered as the true clan owner: the new "Uber-Warlord", and you can leave easily, it's just a question of rights.

Or yes, there is the classic solution : Everything gets disbanded.

Edited by Neguro

Everything is disbanded if they leave.

Like all other MMO/FPS/etc guilds work. Everything gets disbanded. 

-snip-

So screw the entire clan over because you don't want to play with them anymore? That doesn't seem very productive to me...

So screw the entire clan over because you don't want to play with them anymore? That doesn't seem very productive to me...

I tested this out when clans were new. If you leave a clan, it will still stay as long as there is one warlord left

It looks like this change will be going into the next major update (almost certain). There is one caveat - this 'Founding Warlord can demote other promoted Warlords' option will only be present in clans that were created after we started tracking the Founding Warlord data. This tracking began on Update 13's release.

It looks like this change will be going into the next major update (almost certain). There is one caveat - this 'Founding Warlord can demote other promoted Warlords' option will only be present in clans that were created after we started tracking the Founding Warlord data. This tracking began on Update 13's release.

So clans like mine, which were created around U11, we won't have that option? That sucks... But maybe we can be referred to as "Trust Clans" because we will have to trust our Warlords? :D Idk. Something like with the Grandfather clans or w/e.

So clans like mine, which were created around U11, we won't have that option? That sucks... But maybe we can be referred to as "Trust Clans" because we will have to trust our Warlords? :D Idk. Something like with the Grandfather clans or w/e.

Send a ticket in, I did and they removed the bad warlord within a week.

Send a ticket in, I did and they removed the bad warlord within a week.

Thats not the point. He wants to know if Clans that are older then U13 won't have a Founding Warlord. Sure you can contact the support, but if u make a mistake and promote the wrong guy to warlord it will be too late when the support reacts. Also the support can only demote Warlords within a certain timeframe (i think it was a week or a month). So if you want to have someone removed who is a Warlord longer then that. Well your bad.

A Founding Warlord would be able to instantly demote the wrong guy again which and also would be able to demote "old" Warlords who aren't good for the Clan anymore.

Do you mean the clan as a whole being made after U13 or someone promoted to warlord after U13?

Title says it all. As the owner of a clan with 280 people, I fell like I'm too weak when dealing with other Warlords in the clan. Now you may be asking, why did you promote these guys to warlords in the first place? 2 reasons.

1. I promoted a trusted guy to it and he was a good Warlord. He then got bored of the game and when he gets bored, he likes to mess with people. I'm worried that he will come back and ruin my whole clan by deleting the whole dojo and kicked everyone out. On the bright side, he hasn't played Warframe in over a year, so maybe not, but still it's a factor.

2. Another reason is that my trusted friend (who is a good Warlord, him and I own the clan together) He accidentally promoted a random guy to warlord. I was peeing my pants when I saw this. Luckily for us, the guy was awesome and demoted himself. If he wasn't such a nice guy, the whole clan could have been ruined.

As the person who created the clan and got all 280 people, I feel like I need more control.

I had a someone in Warlord spot he was offline for a longtime i made a support ticket they droped his rank. Just make a support ticket if the warlord is inactive support will understand. WF support has to be one of the best i have seen in games in a long time. Good luck

In pre-U13 clans that have only one Warlord, could he/she be set as the Founding Warlord?

I think that in the long run this could help, in case they decide to expand and suchlike.

Is there a way for older clans to take advantage of this or is the only solution to disband and start from scratch?  It seems wrong to punish older clans.

What about a clan like mine where I am the Warlord and only member? :-)

why? if you were stupid enough to put the guy in charge thats what you get lol