Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Corrupted Tilesets! Idea For Mixing The Void Up And Idk Freshening It Up Maybe? Idk

grillv20

Right now we have 4 tiers of the same tileset. 

We have this lore that they put in with the Ember Prime of these people that went into the void and got corrupted and now they have these special Tenno powers. What if the keys we had now allowed us to go into these seemingly ordinary missions say for example; on mars you could go into any regular mission and there was a vault located on the planet's surface that the Tenno had to search for inside the mission. You open up the vault and suddenly you stepped through it and now you're in an ancient orokin setting exploring these fancy locked away and preserved orokin ruins. 

Another example of this being applied to a tileset, lets say something flowing through space would be something along the lines of accidently stumbling upon a Tenno thats been sealed away in his/her cryopod and you decide to unleash it with your key. All of a sudden the energy released from the key starts distorting the demension between yours and the void and you have places in the map fused together with orokin ruins. Something along the lines of having parts of the current tileset that transfers over to orokin. Kind of like how we have with the whole invasion setup where it goes from grineer --> corpus. 

I think something like this could be help with older missions that nobody would ever care to visit again. Maybe have them show up as their own alert type system but obviously on a much wider scale. Something where the lotus has discovered orokin remnants for Tenno to hunt down and explore.

Just a random thought. lol

Tilesets that could be corrupted: 

Corpus Gas City

The new infested tilesets

Corpus Ships

Grineer Asteroid Mine

Corupus Outpost

Grineer Galleon

Grineer Settlement(phobos)

Grineer Shipyard

The forests of Earth.

Hell, you could put the derelicts in the infested tilesets, now that would be cool.

Edited by grillv20

I really like the idea of ships getting swallowed up by the void, how else would the corrupted Grineer and Corpus have gotten there?

This reminds me a little of the warp from 40k, which is definitely the sort of terrifying/horrifying/get-out-at-all-costs vibe I think the void should go for.

Didn't expect this thread to get any more attention. A lot of my thoughts on playing levels in this game revolve around how immersive the environments can be and how I wish it were more than just a running through and gunning everything down type of deal. I wan't more exploration out of the game with optional objectives for each mission. I like having my actions impact the environment that I am put in. Something like this I feel would add a lot to Warframe. I found it weird since the release of the Orokin towers that you get this key...and where do you put it exactly? You kind of just go to your inventory and use it and magically you're in this place that you have a key for.

Didn't expect this thread to get any more attention. A lot of my thoughts on playing levels in this game revolve around how immersive the environments can be and how I wish it were more than just a running through and gunning everything down type of deal. I wan't more exploration out of the game with optional objectives for each mission. I like having my actions impact the environment that I am put in. Something like this I feel would add a lot to Warframe. I found it weird since the release of the Orokin towers that you get this key...and where do you put it exactly? You kind of just go to your inventory and use it and magically you're in this place that you have a key for.

Actually, this reminds me of a cool idea that I had: now that we have player ships for the star map, why not have some kind of void portal we could walk up to, slot a key in, and then use to go to that level?