Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Solum

(PSN)Daddy_Sausages

My second idea for a Warframe is an Earth/impact based Warframe.

Name: Solum (Latin for land)

First Skill: Gravel Assault: 25 energy, Fires a stream of small stones at enemies in rapid succession, stunning them, or knocking them to the ground. He cannot move during this sequence, he can aim the stream to wherever he pleases. (100% Impact damage)(Affected by duration, strength, and range mods.) (This skill is basically a gatling gun, with stones.)

Second Skill: Crystalline Wall: 35 energy, He erects a decent-sized, moderately transparent crystal wall for protection. These are essentially square, this skill will also last quite a long time. (Affected by strength mods for health and range mods for width and height, an duration mods.)(Teammates and Solum can pass through these walls.)(Can erect a maximum of 3-5 walls, depending on level.)

Third Skill: Alloy Enhancement: 75 energy, He uses the land to improve his team's and his armor drastically. (Teammates must be in range to get this effect.)(20%-60% armor added to the frame, depending on level. Values are based on the affected frame's original armor value, meaning the value they entered the match with.)(Affected by range mods.)

Fourth Skill: Mass Desolation: 100 energy, Every erected crystalline wall will explode on a massive scale, leaving nothing but rubble. The shrapnel from the wall will leave a massive amount of impact wounds, along with the explosion itself. (50% Impact, 50% Explosion)(This skill cannot harm the user.)

Max Level Stats

Health: 450

Shields: 225

Energy: 200

Armor: 155

Stamina: 100

Sprint Speed: .90

No concept art, if he gets popular enough I will make some.

Please tell me what you think! I need input of everyone to make him better, because I would love to play as this Warframe. I also already know that the fourth skill could lead to some problems, like Zephyr's tornado, but I would hope DE would fix the problem...... hopefully. As for the third skill, I believe DE should place an armor cap for Valkyr from 90%-95%. Otherwise she will be unstoppable..... well even more unstoppable.

Thanks!

Edited by (PS4)Daddy_Sausages

would be nice to see an actual earth themed frame.

and no, before everyone jumps on his idea, Oberon is NOT an earth frame.

Haha, I like Oberon, but I also kind of hate him, because I didn't know his attacks were already radiation based. Which was the basis of my first Warframe Atomica.

The wall skill has a lot of trolling potential, it seems cool but I don't think it would work in practice. The 4th skill is essentially reckoning, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but could use a change.

I see what you mean about the stone wall. I'll think of a troll proof system. Thanks!

I made changes to his wall skill, and I explained his fourth skill better so it won't seem too similar to Oberon. I'm still thinking of a less copycat version, though. I would love some input for help.

Why not just make it so allies can pass through the wall? I can think of a lot of places where you could still block doors and such even if there was a door in the middle.

And for his fourth, here's a random idea: reduce the cast cost for walls, and his ult makes them all explode with spikes. If there's nothing behind the enemy, they just get pushed back, but if they're caught in between 2 sets of spikes they take damage and get a puncture proc.

Why not just make it so allies can pass through the wall? I can think of a lot of places where you could still block doors and such even if there was a door in the middle.

And for his fourth, here's a random idea: reduce the cast cost for walls, and his ult makes them all explode with spikes. If there's nothing behind the enemy, they just get pushed back, but if they're caught in between 2 sets of spikes they take damage and get a puncture proc.

I like the idea that allies can pass through it, but I wanted it to also be a way for mobility, I guess i'll have to decide between defense and mobility.:/

As for the fourth skill, I'm trying to stick to the impact theme, but the idea is completely solid, thanks.

Thanks to your help Vaugahn, now I have finished un-trolling and un-copying Oberon on all of my my skills.