Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Warframe: Morbi

Thezanman

Lore: 

They said it could not be done. A mission into deep infested space, alone. No support, no reinforcements, no rescue. It was suicide, they said. But when he came back, even more corrupted and scarred than the void could possibly have done, they gasped in horror at the abomination before their eyes. He was Tenno, but he was also infested. He was pure, but he was also deeply corrupted. He wielded the power of raw corrupted energy, as powerful as it was impure. He could become pure disease and energy in a heartbeat. He had so much power, and they ran in fear for their lives. He was no longer the same being. His atoms were corrupted beyond redemption, but he embraced his new power. Named Morbi for his connection to pure disease, he lived through that which was said to be suicide. 

Health: 200 unranked, 450 max rank
Shield: 50 unranked, 150 max rank(shields are actually a weak barrier formed out of corrupt energy)
Stamina: 150
Sprint speed: 1.1
Armor: 350
Energy: 50 unranked, 125 max rank

Power 1: Corruption(25 energy)

Releases a wave of corruption, stunning and damaging enemies for a small amount of toxin damage in front of Morbi with a small chance to turn them into an allied infested mob if they die from it(bosses would turn into regular mobs). Has a medium status chance.

Power 2: Impale(1 energy per second)

Morbi grabs a nearby enemy and impales them with an infested spike, draining 1% of their health per second to replenish 10% of Morbi's health per second. While draining an enemy in this manner, Morbi cannot move but is immune to knockdown but cannot move or attack, and cannot regenerate energy through any means. If an enemy is killed by this attack all members of the cell instantly recover 100 health.

Power 3: Dark Shockwave(75 energy)

Morbi releases a large amount of corrupted energy into the ground, creating a progressively larger area of infested ground that twists the very atoms of anything it comes into contact with, stunning and damaging enemies for a medium amount of viral damage every second they are in contact with the affected ground. Enemies killed by this attack have a moderate chance to turn into an allied infested mob. Has a small status chance per second.

Power 4: Revert(50 energy plus 3 energy per second)

Morbi reverts into his primal infested form, regenerating to full health and releasing a large amount of stored corrupt energy which knocks back nearby enemies. While in this form Morbi has health regeneration, moves faster, has 300% max health, resists 50% of damage, and wields raw corrupted energy as a weapon, using primary fire to slash with a powerful melee attack and secondary fire to shoot waves of energy that stagger enemies. Replaces his normal powers with powerful infested versions, consuming health rather than energy. When this power expires, either due to running out of energy or manually casting the power again, nearby enemies have 1% of their health leeched to Morbi and are staggered.

Infested Power 1: Lunge(must have over 20% health, uses 25% of current health)

Lunges toward the targeted location, knocking down enemies and dealing 3x the amount of health used as toxin damage in a small area, increasing armor by 10 per target hit, up to 200% of the original armor.

Infested Power 2: Frenzy(must have over 40% health, uses 50% of current health)

Go into a frenzy, slashing at all nearby enemies for 2x the amount of health used, plus 10% for each enemy hit with 50% viral and 50% slash damage. Gain increased health regeneration for a short time, depending on how many enemies were hit.

Infested Power 3: Drain(must have over 60% health, uses 75% of current health)

Impale all nearby enemies, dealing 2x the amount of health used as 50% puncture and 50% viral. Increases the health cap by 10% for each enemy hit, up to 10 enemies for 100% increase.

Normal Appearance: Probably something like Nekros, but more infested-y with swirling orange particles and a decayed look.

Reverted Appearance: Like normal but swirling purple energy and dark tentacles poking out at random spots.

Hope you like this idea, feel free to leave any suggestions as this is a rough idea and may not be very balanced. I thought it would be cool to have an infested frame with unique mechanics like this although this might not be very possible to make.

Edit 1: removed the infested barrier idea and replaced with more standard shields.

Edit 2: added some lore

Edited by Thezanman

Isn't Harlequin the incoming Infested warframe?

Also, this one seems ultra overpowered! 600 health? Really? Lots of of armor and the "barrier", that does armor's same thing... And he's Also pretty fast

Soo excluding the armor, the barrier and all the other resistences, this frame with Vigor, Vitality, Physique and Revert has got 4450 healt points, if I'm right. A bit overpowered, uh?

Edited by Petersheikah

Think about it, he has to have higher than average health because the barrier doesn't actually absorb damage like shield, it just reduces damage to health. Armor is also pretty useless and it's only half as much as valkyr's anyway.

Guest Tehnoobshow

If you don't have Concept Art (and a ridiculous amount of it, including 3D renders) then your idea will never be implemented.

Guest Tehnoobshow

3D concepts? What about Zephir, Nova and Oberon?

Pretty sure Zephyr had them, Nova was DE's idea only her abilities were chosen by the design council, Oberon was also made by DE.

Last I checked Warframe stat values all followed certain patterns, e.g. the highest base health or shield value at level 30 is only 450.

That and I think you may be better off sticking with regular shield mechanics than trying to come up with a new complex one that only one Frame will ever use.

Any suggestions to make this less op are welcome. I would draw concept art, but sadly not good at that kind of thing. Also, I don't think it would be too hard to add the barrier, and it might not be just for this frame.

Any suggestions to make this less op are welcome. I would draw concept art, but sadly not good at that kind of thing. Also, I don't think it would be too hard to add the barrier, and it might not be just for this frame.

Part of the reason it seems so OP is because you're trading out the "tried-and-true" shield mechanics all other Frames use for a new mechanic that proably would need a metric crapload of playtesting, then tweaking his stats and abilities to revolve around this to compensate for his lack of shields.

Just give him normal base stats, then we can balance his abilities from there.

Hmm, I wanted it to be different because infested don't really have shields, and I already made some of the stuff around the barrier, like lunge and the high health.

The problem is the humongous health pool, and the fact that the infested barrier can stack with shields for huge damage reductions. I'd just stick with shields. You could even give it a lore explanation like having a shield module surgically implanted or something.

That shield is very small, one of the lowest in the game as the max rank capacity is the same as unranked capacity for zephyr or rhino. The health is also the same as rhino or zephyr, so overall less durable than either, in addition the armor is only half of valkyr's, not nearly as good.

This frame is meant to be a slightly tanky caster in normal form but a high mobility tank in reverted form.

Edited by Thezanman