Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Event Idea] Quarantine-Zone

VilleMigel

This event takes place in Earth.

"Once so rich and peaceful city, now overgrown by nature and crawled with lethal wildlife. This city was abandoned centuries ago after industrial accident polluted whole city and enviroment near it. Soon after, a plague was spreading across the city deceasing all lifeform. Grineer forces quarantined the area with walls locking every resident inside the city."

The Grineer have recently discovered heavy radiation and distant transmissions coming from that location. Grineer intel believe it would be crashed Orokin artifact and sends troops to investigate. Source of radiation was found and confirmed to be ancient Orokin technology, but the troops and artifact went missing before they got into rendezvous point. Something happened to them...

So, this event is set on highly polluted and ruined city, which has been taken over by nature and wildlife. There are Orokin artifacts that grineer wants, but we cant let them have those things because of possible consequences after the grineer have researched that technology. We must stop the grineer and collect all artifacts.

You´ll be seeing grineer patrols around the citys streets and buildings, searching for area and surviving, lots of feral kubrows and other dangerous wildlife creatures which will attack anything not look-a-like, hazardous enviroment (possible collapsing things (yeyyy), toxic waters etc.) 

- and those poor residents who didn´t get out of city in time. Of course mutated by plague and evolved throughout the centuries.

Running out of story but in short:

-Urban wasteland with tons of deadly wildlife and rules of jungle; kill or be killed

-New hazardous tileset (its Open World and parkour skills needed)

-Mutated human-like creatures willing to rip your head off

-Grab the technology before grineer gets it (Basically spy-mission)

Edit: Im quite new in forums, please dont kill me =)

Edited by VilleMigel

Could be pretty fun to have a title set focused on wall running as well with multiple paths so you can really get the drop on the Grineer. The artifacts could be scrampling our rader so the only way to track it down would be to either head straight to the source of the interefernce or protecting the Grineers as they slowly make their way though the city while protecting them from wildlife but also staying out of their sights and when they finally find it then kill them to take the artifact.

Edited by Septin

I'd like to expand on this idea. Would you mind if I expanded upon this in a separate post (added artwork, etc.)? I'd give you credit.

What will be included in my new post:

-This tileset/event! Nicknamed "Abandoned Orokin City"

-New Warframe concept!

-New Melee weapon concept!

-New Nyx Skin!

More may come soon, but for now, that's all that will be in the post. I'm working on art for the tileset right now, and should be finished in a few days #photoshopSkills.

Edit notes;

-fIxed grammatical errors

-added nyx skin to list

-changed "encampment" to "city"

Edited by NearlyDedicated

i'd love to see something like this.

especially if the tileset had some serious vertical travel. (i'm thinking high-rises)

broken skyscrapers and exposed support beams, collapsed superhighways / maglevs.

maybe a subway station half-exposed to the open with jungle growth parkour access.

yeah. please make this happen DE. =D

If this becomes a thing, it would be awesome if the city was open world-like. Not any of this "scan flowers while running an exterminate mission" nonsense, but simply an open tile set with enemies scattered here and there, and your objective hidden somewhere in the ruins.

I'd like to expand on this idea. Would you mind if I expanded upon this in a separate post (added artwork, etc.)? I'd give you credit.

What will be included in my new post:

-This tileset/event! Nicknamed "Abandoned Orokin City"

-New Warframe concept!

-New Melee weapon concept!

-New Nyx Skin!

More may come soon, but for now, that's all that will be in the post. I'm working on art for the tileset right now, and should be finished in a few days #photoshopSkills.

Edit notes;

-fIxed grammatical errors

-added nyx skin to list

-changed "encampment" to "city"

Why not, go ahead :)