AnonCat

Retiring this thread! Link to new thread here: 

BnpGy4J.png

===Reddit

===VISIT Our Website

===JOIN Android Beta

==Contact me with your email if you want to join the LS team! =3

You can download the game from here: https://www.dropbox....Sector.jar?dl=0

**P.S.** The game requires Java 7 to be installed before it will run - you can download Java from here: https://java.com/en/download/

=Trouble Shooting=

Spoiler

=U10 Changelog=

Spoiler

-double jump
-Lanka laser
-Freeze(press 1; 20 eng)
-IceWave(press 2; 25 eng)
-Snowglobe(press 3; 30 eng)
-Opening lockers replenishes 5 energy
-4 different corpus death animations
-Press 'R' to reset the level
-Updated map (Thanks DofD)
-Enemies can't detect you if you are behind them.

=Upcoming=

Spoiler

-Three new corpus enemies.

-Full set of Frost powers.

-Procedurally generated maps.

Help us out in any way you can! Everyone below has contributed in some way.

v9VnOdC.gif WiuMRrq.gif

Sprites and Animation:

Chaz Stroud (-CM-AnonCat)

Georg Nimke (ChubbysCurryMcToastKing)

Jimmy0Jenkins

Typhuus

Xd2i3fB.png

Other Art Assets:

Arceus255
Chris Boyd (Kiwi)
DarkTails
dukezap1
Mirbersc
Reedfish
TGDM
WingedSwine

9EtHTur.png

Code:

Ben Ezard (Ezard)
Benjamin (Sakunai)
Christopherson
Emil Sehovic (AridiculusPie)
GrimWolv13
PenutReaper
Zeke Stroud (Flubausterus)

8QgAOd2.png

Sound:

Alan Weinstock

Arceus255

Deshiel

PenutReaper

5VbQM4A.png

Level Design:

DofD: "so very levels, wow!"

Lactamid

zG7roAX.png

Special Thanks:

-Tyler Wise (BouseFeenux)

-DE Rebecca

-DE Megan

-DE Adam

-Meridith Braun

-Everyone at Digital Extremes and in our community!

=Timeline=

Oct 22 2013-https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/122353-8-bit-warframe/'>Typhuus creates the concept!

Sep 21 2013-https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/111254-penutreapers-free-stuff/#entry1288399'>PenutReaper creates killer music

Nov 01 2013-The original team is ASSEMBLED!

June 02 2014-Things get HOT!

July 11 2014-Lost Sector U4

July 16 2014-Lost Sector U7

August 21 2014-Android Beta

September 11 2014-Lost Sector U10

May 28 2015- Community Spotlight

Contact us!

Send me a forum message,

email us at contact@8bit.wf,

or send a sweet tweet! @TKSChaz @8bitWarframe

2TbmGLW.png

+1 OP (since im out of upvotes)

I hope you guys are getting in touch with the DE legal team to make sure that you can go through with this project, I'd luv to see this thing become a reality =]

We have discussed it with them. So long as we are not looking to make money off LS, we are fine.

That Frost sprite is SO badass!

The way he looks and moves is just perfect, and that landing thing he does if you jump from a big height is a really nice touch.

I also love how YOUR Frost got his cloth mechanics sooner than the actual Frost >_>

If theres anything I'd say that could be improved at all, maybe give him a simple idle animation loop but honestly he's pretty much perfect.

Just listing stuff I was able to do after learning how to UnZip stuff(yeah, yeah, I know... took me long enough.)

Was able to run around, jump, and shoot this wicked plasma bolt gun thing. Projectiles passed through Grineer and doors(doors seems wierd, but whatever, it's a prototype). Uh, wasn't able to open lockers, but prototype is here anyway woooo.

Just posting this so people won't get supah sad that they can't slice and dice 8-bit Grineer yet. Someday, oh yessssssss.. And this is kinda feedback. You asked, and I kinda replied. Since it's so early in the process, there isn't much more to say than "Can't wait, wooo."

Looking forward to this being a thing. Has this awesome creepy/horror potential or atmosphere to it already. Noticed it could be like Super House of Dead Ninjas, which is awesome on its own account.

EDIT: I forgot to sing already sung praise on that heavy landing animation. Almost broke my badass meter.

Edited by billthebetta

OK, so.  After trying it out, I gotta say:  I %^&@ING LOVE IT!  I WANT MORE!!!

And I had some ideas of what i would do if I had the skill to code and art.  I do not have any coding nor pixel art skills, I wish I did. Otherwise I'd jump in to help.

But here's what I would do if I did have the mad skillz (excuse my dating of myself) that y'all have.

First up, I would give a selection of four warframes:  Frost, Excalibur (or Rhino), Mag and Ember.

Secondly, I'm hoping that a basic Melee attack (an arcing slash or something) gets implemented.  If not, this is something I would do.

Thirdly, I'd implement ONE power out of the Warframe.  Frost would get Ice Wave, but instead of damaging them, it would work like Freeze.  I.e:  A line of enemies ahead would be frozen for a certain amount of time (like 10-15 seconds.)  Excalibur would get Slash Dash, and would destroy a certain length (like maybe 30, in game, meters ahead of him) would be an insta-kill, but you could only use it once every half-minute, or I'd make an energy system that slowly replenishes on it's own, or by 'orbs'.  Mag would get pull, same as the game, except again, no damage, just brings them in range of her melee attack.  And Ember would get Fireball, a low damage AoE style blast that puts a small DoT on the enemies.

As for the game itself, the plot would simply be, the Tenno find an old derelict Fomorian ship with a dangerous payload (of whatever MacGuffin) that they were sent to destroy.  Boom, done.

I would also make it a Metroidvania style, where the entire game is on this broken down Fomorian stuck in the Void (or something) and have several different sectors to explore and loot.

That's all I got, and it's all here for anyone to use, fold, spindle, mutilate or ignore at their leisure.  Either way, I just want to see where this is going, this is AWESOME!  Did I say that earlier?  If not, I'm saying it again, it's AWESOME!

Just listing stuff I was able to do after learning how to UnZip stuff(yeah, yeah, I know... took me long enough.)

Was able to run around, jump, and shoot this wicked plasma bolt gun thing. Projectiles passed through Grineer and doors(doors seems wierd, but whatever, it's a prototype). Uh, wasn't able to open lockers, but prototype is here anyway woooo.

Just posting this so people won't get supah sad that they can't slice and dice 8-bit Grineer yet. Someday, oh yessssssss.. And this is kinda feedback. You asked, and I kinda replied. Since it's so early in the process, there isn't much more to say than "Can't wait, wooo."

Looking forward to this being a thing. Has this awesome creepy/horror potential or atmosphere to it already. Noticed it could be like Super House of Dead Ninjas, which is awesome on its own account.

EDIT: I forgot to sing already sung praise on that heavy landing animation. Almost broke my badass meter.

Press c to open lockers.

How to doors feel weird? How can we change it improve the feel?

Projectiles go through Grineer because we haven't rigged the animation.