Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy 2.0 & Deception 2.0 Event Concept: Project Dux

Renegade343

Hello all, 

This is a thread that will detail a concept to make an event to improve both Spy and Deception missions, as well as start introducing a few new enemies and place slightly more emphasis on stealth. The content is below: 

Some changes to be implemented along with this event: 

- This thread (see Ceres Beacon Rework, EDIT 6, 11, 13, and 18).

- Toxic Damage rework

- Enemy Eximus Overhaul

- Corpus sub-faction concept

With the requirements written down, the Spy update (the first phase of the event) will be thus: 

The Lotus will send a message to all players: 

Tenno, 

This is not a good time in the Origin System. Our enemies have noticed our efforts in keeping the balance, and realised that it would severely weaken them. Thus, they initiated their own projects in hopes to stall or reverse our efforts, although I cannot decipher what it is. I have managed to locate the direction of the data streams, and it seems that they have sent their data of their projects onto various ships in the Origin System.

I need you to get on the ships I located and obtain the data so we can know the true nature of these projects. Be careful, for these ships have added security, and will initiate data lockdowns if you are spotted. Once we have secured enough data, I will prepare the next phase. 

-The Lotus

The event mission can be located in all of the planets (except for Mercury), and the levels will scale according to the planet the mission is in (Venus would be at a lower level than Ceres, for instance), just like the Tethra's Doom event (in terms of mission button placement). The time of the whole event will be 1 week.

When the player enters the mission, it can be either of the following, based on the base faction: 

1. Grineer Galleon (on Earth, Saturn, Phobos, Uranus, and Ceres). 

2. Corpus Ship (on Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Europa, Neptune, and Pluto) (each planet will have a small Corpus sub-faction [see Corpus sub-faction thread in the changes spoiler]). 

3. Operations Breeding Grounds ship (on Eris only). 

When the player enters the mission, there will be objective points (two for solo, three for two players or above, four for a full group), each of which points to a data console. The Lotus will say: 

Lotus: You have managed to enter the ship. Get to the marked data consoles and get the data. Try not to get spotted, for this will hamper our efforts into revealing what is the project. 

The tile sets for this mission will have some new tile sets, mainly large areas with different pathways to cross the area and/or enter the next room (e.g.: To enter the next room, the player can either use the door [normal way] or use a pathway up near the ceiling to travel to the next room [using a bit of Parkour and movement]). This should allow stealth to be a bit more viable, since there are now more ways to travel out of sight from the enemies, without being funnelled into one path in a tile set. 

Once a player approaches a console and hack it, the puzzle will change depending on the faction: 

1. 2 x 2 Sliding puzzle of a recognisable symbol or number for the Corpus Ship. 

2. The current hacking puzzle for the Operations Breeding Grounds ship. 

3. Simple rewiring puzzle for the Grineer Galleon (do not cross the wires) (only three pairs). 

Once the player successfully hacks a console, he/she will have retrieved some data from the console (no need for the datamass, since all data is digitally stored into our Warframes), but the enemies are now a bit more alert as they have been informed someone has been hacking into their systems. Continue doing the same, hack all the consoles and escape to finish the mission. Of course, the player can kill off the enemies silently before proceeding to hack the data consoles. 

If the player is spotted and the alarm is raised, a data lockdown will occur where the score obtained from the mission will be halved, and lots of enemies will start spawning from the red locked doors, providing a bit of a challenge. To switch off the alarm, the same puzzles for the consoles will also be applied to here, but will not revert the score halving mechanism (meaning that to gain the full score, no alarm must be activated during the mission). 

For the Infested ship, if the enemies are alert (meaning all of them, since the Infested runs on that), then the ship data defence mechanism will start by itself and will initiate a data lockdown, with the same penalty as the other ships. 

When the player finishes the Spy mission, he/she will be rewarded with Project Data Fragments (known as PDF [sorry for the unintentional pun]). 

The scoring system and the amount of PDF is as thus: 

'Easy' planets (Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter): 

Scoring:

- All data collected without raising the alarm: 2 (Solo), 3 (two players or above), 4 (a full group). 

- All data collected and the alarm is/has been raised: 1 (Solo), 2 (two players or above), 2 (a full group). 

PDF collected: 

- All data collected without raising the alarm: 2 (Solo), 3 (two players or above), 4 (a full group). 

- All data collected and the alarm is/has been raised: 1 (Solo), 2 (two players or above), 2 (a full group).

'Medium' planets (Saturn, Europa, Phobos, Uranus): 

Scoring: 

- All data collected without raising the alarm: 4 (Solo), 6 (two players or above), 8 (a full group). 

- All data collected and the alarm is/has been raised: 2 (Solo), 3 (two players or above), 4 (a full group). 

PDF collected: 

- All data collected without raising the alarm: 4 (Solo), 6 (two players or above), 8 (a full group). 

- All data collected and the alarm is/has been raised: 2 (Solo), 3 (two players or above), 4 (a full group).

'Hard' planets (Neptune, Ceres, Eris, Pluto): 

Scoring: 

- All data collected without raising the alarm: 6 (Solo), 9 (two players or above), 12 (a full group). 

- All data collected and the alarm is/has been raised: 3 (Solo), 5 (two players or above), 6 (a full group). 

PDF collected: 

- All data collected without raising the alarm: 6 (Solo), 9 (two players or above), 12 (a full group). 

- All data collected and the alarm is/has been raised: 3 (Solo), 5 (two players or above), 6 (a full group).

Once the player has obtained a total score of 90, he/she can now play the second phase: Deception.

The Deception update (the second phase) will be thus: 

Once the player has finished the first phase, he/she will receive another letter by the Lotus: 

Tenno, 

From the data you have collected, it seems that our enemies have been training an elite cadre of troops, targeted to hamper or even stop our operatives and you from continuing our goal of maintaining the balance. We cannot allow this to happen, for without us, the Origin System will be in disarray and someone will be in total control. I have sent you a Data Corruptor with this message. Craft it with the Project Data Fragments you found during your spying missions, and upload it to the ships and disrupt their activities. 

The fate of the Origin System lies in your hands. 

-The Lotus

With this message, she will also send a blueprint for the Data Corrupter.

The Project Data Fragments are used to create the Data Corrupter (a gear that needs to be equipped to use). The following resource requirements are below: 

8 Project Data Fragments

50 Circuits

100 Alloy Plates

500 Credits

Crafting time: 30 seconds

Rush time: 1 Platinum (for those very impatient players)

The Deception event mission can be accessed through the same mission button (like the Tethra's Doom Nightmare Mission access method), meaning the player can still enter any planet specified to attend the Deception event. Note that you will need at least one Data Corrupter to successfully finish the mission. 

The tile set will be largely the same as the revamped tile sets for the Spy event mission, but with a few more tile sets, such as a small research lab that players have to travel through (maybe with a bit of writing to create some lore) or a troop training room (which happens to be empty [or is it?]). When the alarm is not active, enemies will not spawn in behind you (see EDIT 13 in the corresponding thread above), to make stealth a bit more viable. However, if the alarm is activated, then the hacking time for the objective control panel will be reduced to three quarters of its original time.

Once the players reach the objective marker, they will have to first insert the Data Corruptor, then hack the control console (hacking time = 12.0 seconds). This is different in the sense that as soon as the player hacking moves one tile, the 'Intrusion Detected' text will appear, doubling the speed of the countdown. Once it has been successfully hacked, the alarms will start (cannot be shut off for this event) and enemies will start spawning in a sizeable amount, with the following transmission from the various bosses/members of the Board (see Corpus sub-faction thread in the changes spoiler): 

Sab Mal (Venus): You have crossed the line with this stunt! You will not make it out alive!

Vay Hek (Earth): Brothers! Stop the Tenno from escaping! Force them to revert the destruction caused by their meddling! Unleash my Arson soldiers!

Nef Anyo (Mars): I warned you to leave my system many times. Now, bear the consequences for failing to listen. 

Alad V (Jupiter): Ah, the Tenno has come again. Well, seeing that you're here, let me show you another product of my Zanuka Project.

Frohd Bek (Europa): You again, Betrayer? You almost sabotaged my plans when you released Darvo, and now you come to finish the job? Well, meet my new troops to say otherwise. (Pause) To all CRST troops: Kill the Betrayer. 

Sargas Ruk (Saturn): Rraaahudd Tenno! You think you have gotten the best of me? A General? You have no idea what you have unleashed. 

Captain Vor (Phobos): The Queens will be pleased when I finish what I have failed: Kill you. 

Kela De Thaym: Your intrusion in my system has become too much to ignore. May the Queens reward me well when I show them your head. 

Tyl Regor (Uranus): Pretty cute attempt you done to hinder my efforts. Shame I already have some in reserves. Laugh all you want until the gas gets you. 

Alad V (Eris): Welcome back, Tenno. I thought you left this place forever after you trained my Infested troops. Well, you're in luck. I have some more to test, and you will be the test subject. 

Wer Tarl (Neptune): I should have labelled you as a threat when your presence became known in the System. Have fun dealing with my elite troops for this. 

Lech Kril (Ceres): Your efforts have only served to annoy me, and one too many times. May my elite soldiers bring back your mangled body to me. 

Ulto Tros (Pluto): Betrayer. Your attack prowess and sheer courage to come here will serve me well. Troops, freeze the Betrayer and bring it to me. Use lethal force if you have to.

The player must now escape to extraction, with enemies pouring in from almost all sides, with Eximus also spawning in place of enemies (10% chance of an Eximus spawning in, replacing a normal enemy at the first Deception mission) (using the Enemy Eximus Overhaul):

- Venus: Shock Eximus 

- Earth: Arson Eximus

- Mars: Arctic Eximus

- Jupiter: Energy Absorb Eximus

- Europa: Blitz Eximus

- Saturn: Scrambler Eximus

- Phobos: Arson Eximus

- Sedna: Gas Eximus

- Uranus: Gas Eximus

- Eris: Venomous Eximus and Parasitic Eximus

- Neptune: Guardian Eximus

- Ceres: Scrambler Eximus

- Pluto: Arctic Eximus

As the player score of this Deception event mission increases, the more difficult the subsequent missions are (increasing the spawn rate of Eximus up to 20% at the minimum score to complete the event, slight enemy level increase etc.), with the difficulty determined by the average total score of the players. As the difficulty increases, the score obtained from the Deception event mission will also increase (a bit like the Breeding Grounds scoring system) (for the first mission, the score obtained will be 3), but will use the total score to give out the prize. Once the player completes a Deception event mission, he/she will receive a mark, detailed below: 

- Grineer: G3 (since Councillor Vay Hek is controlling them, so it does not contradict the lore concerning Sargas Ruk). 

- Corpus: Harvester (see the corresponding thread above).

In order to claim the prize, the player must obtain 250 points in the Deception event. (25 per Deception event mission). Once he/she reached the goal, he/she will be rewarded with a Dera Vandal and an Ignis Wraith (with Orokin Catalysts and free weapon slots). However, when the player reaches the 225 mark and runs the final Deception event mission to finish the event and get the weapons, here is the kicker: 

Fight the boss of the planet, with new challenges.

To access the boss to complete the mission, it will still be the Deception event mission button, but the room before (or two) the extraction room will be the boss room. The boss will be within the level range of the planet's event missions.

Here is the list below for revamping the bosses for the final Deception event mission to finish the event: 

Jackal (Venus):

Still in the same room, but the room now has two balconies on the left and right of the doors. The balconies cannot be climbed on by players, but a thrown Glaive or Kestral can reach it. These balconies will spawn Sniper Crewmen (3 on each balcony) that will take potshots at the players, meaning the players will not be safe behind cover for long. These Sniper Crewmen will actively try to get a direct line of sight to a targeted player.

There will only be two Mine Osprey deployers, but now the doors will spawn Crewmen and Shock Eximus into the room at random intervals, meaning players will have to prioritise between getting the Shock Eximus down, disabling the Jackal and killing the Sniper Crewmen to give themselves a breather.

The Jackal itself will still have the same attacks, but with a slightly more accurate gatling gun. When it is downed from shooting one of its legs, a small backup machine gun will pop up and shoot the nearest player, as though defending the Jackal. When the Jackal dies, the door leading to the extraction room opens for the player to finish the event.

Vay Hek (Earth): 

A giant room in the Grineer Galleon (like a giant ship hanger in starships), with crates and barrels scattered around for cover. Arson Eximus and Grineer troops (Troopers, Lancers, Scorch, Napalms, and Guardsmen) will spawn in at random intervals through various doors in the giant room. There will be Grineer turrets that will randomly pop up (with a distinct winding up sound), and start to find and shoot at players, and the players can disable the turrets by shooting at it. 

Vay Hek himself will first be in his Terra Frame shooting at players, meaning players can just shoot at him, but with a 15% damage reduction if they shoot at his Terra Frame instead of his face. Once the Terra Frame is destroyed, Vay Hek will detach from his now destroyed Terra Frame, and will now fly around, also shooting and spewing Propaganda Drones to weaken the player while strengthening the Grineer. The walls will open up and start to deploy Grineer missile turrets (with another distinct winding up sound) that will shoot slightly homing missiles at the players (faster projectile speed to compensate), with the projectile similar to a Bombard's rocket. The Grineer troops and the Arson Eximus will also now spawn in a bit more frequently. Players can shoot anywhere on Vay Hek, but with a 40% damage reduction when they shoot Vay Hek's flying frame instead of his face.

When Vay Hek is defeated, he will escape through a hole through the room's ceiling, and the ship will start to shake and explode, with a 45 second timer to extract before the mission fails. The door leading to the direction of the extraction room will be unlocked.

Nef Anyo/Derf Anyo (Mars): 

A simple room on the Corpus ship with different balconies and ledges (inaccessible by players but thrown melee weapons can) (high walls to install all the balconies and ledges of different heights), where Nef Anyo (who can sometimes cloak, but with a visible outline for perceptive players to see him) can use to snipe the player and escape to another balcony. The room will have various covers for the players to catch their breath. Arctic Eximus, Crewmen, Prod Crewmen and Shield Ospreys will spawn in at random intervals from various doors to attack and keep the pressure on the players.

The floor tiles may sometimes open up and spawn a four-robot squad of MOAs to add to the mix (if the player is on a tile that will flip up, the player will be boosted into the air). The tile will shake first with a rattling sound before it opens up, warning players of the threat.

Once Nef Anyo has 50% health, he will escape for a bit while Derf Anyo (using DE(L)'s concept) will spawn in from the ceiling and assist in attacking the player, and the enemy spawn frequency will increase slightly (with more Arctic Eximus spawning in). The player must then take down Derf Anyo, making him escape back up to the ceiling and through the hole he entered, before Nef Anyo reappears (still with 50% health, but with 50% of his original shields back). The player must take down Nef Anyo, forcing him to flee. Once he has fled, the door leading to the direction of the extraction point will be unlocked.

Alad V (Jupiter): 

A research lab on the Corpus ship, with tables and varying equipment serving as cover (i.e. a CQB fighting environment). Alad V will be present in the fight (and wielding a Spectra to attack the player, along with his other attacks from Jupiter), with his Zanuka (one that will chase the player around (by jumping on tables to surprise the player, charging at the player, wall-running etc.). Detron Crewmen, Crewmen, Scavenger Drones (to scoop up the ammo) and Energy Absorb Eximus will spawn in at random intervals from various doors (and a lift) to make this a hectic fight.

To add on to the chaos, there will be specimens of captured Chargers and Leapers in glass domes, where the player can destroy the domes to release them, potentially giving some breath to themselves as the Infested and the Corpus fight it out (or not). The player can also activate some gas sprayers installed in various parts of the lab to weaken anyone passing through the stream of gas (note that the gas will damage both players and enemies, and will give out Gas status effects).

The fight is completed the same way as the Alad V boss fight in Jupiter, but Alad V will activate something and escape through the floor tile he is standing on opening underneath him, then closing as soon as he passes through. The door leading to the extraction point will then be unlocked.

Raptor (Europa): 

A medium sized room on the Corpus ship (with a high ceiling), with pieces of weapon testing equipment scattered around (can be shot to explode, as well as giving good cover [when not exploded] or average cover [when exploded]) and tables for cover. There will be ledges that the player can climb up to (shown with Parkour marks or crates stacking up to the ledges), with low cover on the ledges. The Raptor will fly around, shooting slightly weaker explosive bolts towards the players, while the Crewmen, Prod Crewmen, Corpus Tech and Blitz Eximus spawning in from various lifts in the room.

The Raptor will be largely the same (and can be affected by the Blitz Eximus's aura), but will now have the ability to call out and spawn a variety of Ospreys (Shield Ospreys, Mine Ospreys, Leech Ospreys and Attack Drones) every now and then (started by a loud robotic screech, then a chute in one of the walls will open and the spawned Ospreys will come out). The Raptor will also sometimes shoot a laser at a random player (will charge up a small laser on its tail, then shoot it at the player), causing a bit of Radiation damage, and also highlighting the player, making him/her have a higher threat level for 15 seconds (meaning more enemies will shoot that player, potentially pinning him/her down). 

The fight is completed when the players bring down the Raptor, then perform a timed hacking mini-game (using the slider puzzle for the Corpus ships). If the player fails, the Raptor will execute a Shockwave Blast, sending all players near the downed Raptor flying, then fly back up with 33% of maximum health. When the Raptor is successfully defeated (i.e. successfully completed the puzzle to make it explode), the door leading to the extraction point will unlock.

Sargas Ruk (Saturn): 

The same room as the normal Sargas Ruk boss battle, but with slightly less cover. Scrambler Eximus and Grineer troops (Troopers, Elite Lancers, Bombards, Scorpions) will spawn in at random intervals from the various doors in the room, with Sargas Ruk now having a slightly faster walking speed, improved damage with his attacks, and a slightly longer range for his flamethrower. He can be damaged anywhere, but will have 90% damage reduction when players do not shoot at his glowing white vents.

When his health is at 33%, he will stagger, then have his troops activate magnetic grates throughout the room, restricting the players' movement. The player can temporarily disable the grates by shooting at the wall generator (dirty orange coloured box), and the grate will be disabled for 3 seconds. The grate will only affect players but not the Grineer. Enemy spawn frequency will also increase, with Scorches now thrown into the mix, meaning players will have to be on their toes to avoid suffering from massive damage. 

The battle is finished when players kill Sargas Ruk. The door leading to the extraction point will then unlock.

Captain Vor (Phobos): 

The control bridge in the Grineer Galleon (with all the consoles), but larger (but only two floors) and with more different items for enemies and the players to take cover/flank, with doors dotted on the first and second floor. Captain Vor will be the same as in Mercury and Phobos, but with at least one Arson Eximus always at his side to protect him (if said Arson Eximus dies, then the closest Arson Eximus will then stick to Captain Vor). Arson Eximus and Grineer troops (Seekers, Lancers, Butchers, and Flameblades) will spawn in from the various doors in the control bridge, meaning players can be attacked from both above and below.

However, the enemies (except for Eximus units and Captain Vor) can use the consoles on the bridge to produce various effects on the battlefield, such as causing the ship to have lower gravity (which can be counteracted), calling in a four-man squad of Arson Eximus at once, calling in a 16-man squad of Grineer troops, or causing the ship to shake, making all normal enemies (except for Eximus units and Captain Vor) and player be staggered unless they are in the air (will have an audio warning to warn players). The Lotus will also tell the player what the enemies did when they successfully used the consoles.

The fight is complete when Captain Vor has been defeated. He will then smash the console, making the ship ram into Phobos, and he will teleport away with his Janus Key. The door leading to the extraction point will open, and players must escape the ship within 30 seconds, with explosions, random fires, and panicking enemies.

Kela De Thaym (Sedna): 

A large troop training room in the Grineer Galleon (with some CQB areas), with various troop equipment (armour racks, weapon storages) and objects to act as cover. Kela De Thaym will be largely the same, but now has the ability to pick up other weapons from the weapon storages and racks to use (meaning she could potentially pick up a Napalm launcher, or a Hind), with damage scaling to level, and her shield can recharge (very slowly). Gas Eximus and Grineer troops (Elite Lancers, Eviscerators, Heavy Gunners, and Commanders) will spawn in from various doors in the training room. 

At times, the training room will activate a few turrets that will start to aim and shoot at the players (the turrets will be dotted around the room, so players can suddenly be shot from behind while behind cover) (the turrets will have noticeable damage to make players react). Players can temporarily disable it by shooting at the turret, but the turret will come active after 5 seconds of being disabled. 

When Radial Disarm is used in the room, all affected enemies will run to the nearest weapon storage crate and pick up a new random weapon (meaning a Elite Lancer can suddenly have a Bombard rocket launcher), or when they are within range of a Gas Eximus's aura and the Gas Eximus dies. Heavy Gunners, in this room, will actively flush out the targeted player, just like MOAs. 

The fight is completed when Kela De Thaym is killed. Once killed, the door leading to the extraction point will unlock.

Tyl Regor (Uranus): 

A Grineer genetics research lab (another CQB battle) on the Grineer Galleon, with glass tubes, lab benches, and various cloning equipment as cover and possible movement (automated trolleys for transporting genetic templates, small conveyer belts to transport cloning equipment etc.). Tyl Regor will be the current revamp concept made by DE(L), and will actively seek out the player and melee him/her. Gas Eximus and Grineer troops (Lancers, Elite Lancers, Butchers and Troopers) will spawn in at random intervals from various doors (and some holes) in the lab. 

The enemies can activate various consoles in the lab to create different effects, such as healing equipment to project a prototype healing aura (3m radius), healing all Grineer within the aura (40 health per second), a sprayer that produces a gas cloud that has the same effect as the Gas Eximus aura, and unload some trolleys containing completed clones to aid the troops and Tyl Regor in the fight (these completed clones will run to a weapons storage crate, and will be equipped with Vipers) (completed clones have no armour). Players can also hack the consoles to disable these effects and prevent the Grineer troops from using them for 5 seconds. 

The fight is completed when Tyl Regor is defeated. He will then activate the self-destruct mechanism in the lab, then die. The door to the extraction point will be unlocked. Players have only 30 seconds to escape or fail the mission.

Hyena Pack (Neptune): 

A large robot testing and storage facility in the Corpus ship (with various areas for the Hyena Pack and the players to move around acrobatically), with cover dotted around the place for both the Hyena Pack and the player to utilise parkour on. The Hyena Pack will be largely the same, but will have the ability to swap in and swap out when needed from various chutes around the facility (meaning in total, the players must fight all four Hyenas of the Hyena Pack, and can be attacked from behind if they are not perceptive) (a full group will just have a normal Hyena Pack boss fight, while solo players or a half-filled group will see this function). Guardian Eximus, Corpus Tech, MOAs (of all types except for Anti-MOAs) and Ospreys (of all types except for Scavenger Drones) will spawn in at random intervals from the various doors in the facility.

The fight is done when all four Hyenas have been killed. The door leading to the extraction point will then be unlocked.

Lech Kril (Ceres): 

The same room as the normal Sargas Ruk boss fight, in the Grineer Galleon. Lech Kril can now be damaged even without freezing him, but will take 80% damage reduction from all damage sources until the cryopack has been shot. When the cryopack has been shot, he will burst into flames for 10 seconds, use Fire-based attacks and go on a frenzy (same as the Lech Kril fight after the player shot his cryopack four times), while taking full damage. After the 10 seconds are up, he will revert to the normal Lech Kril, until the players damaged his cryopack three times. His normal mode will be largely the same, but he will sport a more accurate Gorgon, as well as using Ice-based attacks a bit more frequently. 

Scrambler Eximus and Grineer troops (Elite Lancers, Shield Lancers, Bombards, and Scorpions) will spawn in from various doors in the room to aid Lech Kril and seek out the player. 

The fight is completed when Lech Kril is killed. The door to the extraction point will then be unlocked.

Ambulas (Pluto): 

The fight will be a small robotic storage and maintenance room (with a few air vents for more acrobatic players to flank) in the Corpus Ship. Ambulas will be largely the same, but with an additional attack to shoot a railgun shot when its Pull/Fire ring combo is on cool-down and the player is behind cover. It can also run to the nearest robotic repair equipment (dotted around the room), activate it and slowly heal itself (and other robots) when near the equipment, but the player can shoot the equipment to disable it for 5 seconds. In here, all sorts of MOAs (except Anti-MOAs) and Ospreys (except Scavenger Drones) will spawn in this room at random intervals to aid Ambulas and keep pressure on the players through flushing the players out of cover. 

At times, Ambulas can also run to the nearest prototype robotic upgrade aura module (rarer, but can be identified by a reddish-pink glow) and activate it, making all robots within the upgrade aura increase its attack effectiveness (higher movement speed, faster projectile speed, more aggressive tactics etc.), and the effects of the aura will linger for 4 seconds after any robot leaves the aura, or the aura deactivates (will run for 6 seconds when activated). Players can prematurely end the aura by shooting at the module, disabling it for 8 seconds. 

When Ambulas is downed, players must successfully hack the downed Ambulas to permanently disable it. If the player fails, then Ambulas will kick the hacking player away, regain 33% of its health and all of its shields, and call to summon a troop of robots to protect itself. 

The fight is complete when Ambulas is permanently disabled. The door leading to the extraction point will then unlock.

The various bosses/members of the Board will say these lines for the Deception boss battle, when the player reaches the boss room:

Sab Mal (Before battle): Your continued efforts to destroy my efforts have gone too far! Jackal! Kill this Betrayer!

Sab Mal (After battle): You... Jackal... you will not hear the end of me!

Vay Hek (Before battle): You worthless troops! Do I have to do everything myself? Tenno, prepare to be sacrificed!

Vay Hek (After battle): No! I will never lose, for I will take you with me! (Starts self-destruct mechanism)

Nef Anyo (Before battle): You never listen, do you? Well, may this sniper change your attitude.

Derf Anyo (Entrance): Here I come, Tenno! Impressed?

Derf Anyo (Defeated and escaping): Tenno never play nice anyways.

Nef Anyo (After battle): I will find you again, and when I do, I will hang your Warframe and your sniped head on my wall. 

Alad V (Jupiter) (Before battle): Ah! Back again so soon, Tenno? Well, I learned quite a bit from my last encounter, so I equipped myself with this! (Pulls out Spectra) Anyways, you look like a willing volunteer of the Zanuka Project, so why not make this quick?

Alad V (Jupiter) (After battle): You think I would die here? Not yet! (Activates the floor tile to create a hole and he drops down)

Frohd Bek (Before battle): You have messed around too much on my projects. Meet my upgraded Raptor, Betrayer, and hope that it will be merciful to your corpse. 

Frohd Bek (After battle): How did you beat it? It should not have been beaten. Was it Darvo that helped you?

Sargas Ruk (Before battle): Aattenthoun Tenno! You have fought well. Now, time to face death. 

Sargas Ruk (After battle): Well... fought. (Explodes)

Captain Vor (Before battle): The Lotus has sent you to die under my hand again. May the Queens make me Admiral again when I bring your Warframe to them.

Captain Vor (After battle): You think you can kill me in here? Think again. (Smashes the console and teleports away)

Kela De Thaym (Before battle): Interesting... this Tenno is persistent... time to show this Tenno what years of battle have trained me for. 

Kela De Thaym (After battle): This Tenno... is unique. I have... failed you, my Queens. 

Tyl Regor (Before battle): Time to accessorise your suit with holes... sword holes. 

Tyl Regor (After battle): You know, all I wanted to do was just to reverse the genetic deterioration of the Grineer, as we have suffered so much. Nothing more. (Activates self-destruct mechanism and dies). 

Wer Tarl (Before battle): You have damaged too much of the profits for the Corpus Board. You are now targeted for elimination. Have fun with the Hyenas. 

Wer Tarl (After battle): Unacceptable! You will pay up for all the damaged robotics you made! Now if you excuse me, I have a few researchers to... relocate. 

Lech Kril (Before battle): Forget about me crushing your skull with my hammer. I will crush your body to nothing!

Lech Kril (After battle): (Lech Kril's death cry, then explodes).

Ulto Tros (Before battle): Your liability outshines your usefulness to my troops. I have such a solution for this. Ambulas, incinerate the Betrayer. 

Ulto Tros (After battle): (Pause for a bit) Maybe you have some use for me in the future. Until we meet again.

Once the player completes the event, the Lotus will send the weapons, along with a message:

Tenno,

You have done your part to stall all enemies from gathering their strength and focusing it to stop us. While they may still have other ships full of these troops, you have weakened and showed them that nothing can stop the Tenno. Will you continue to destroy their efforts, for the future of your Tenno kin?

These items have been delivered to your inventory.

The weapon stats are below: 

Dera Vandal: 

Damage: 31 (6 Impact, 23 Puncture, 2 Slash)

Fire rate: 10 rounds per second

Magazine size: 45 rounds per magazine

Reload time: 2 seconds

Critical chance: 2.5%

Critical damage: 150%

Status chance: 15.0%

Projectile speed: 75 m/s

Polarities: None

Codex Blurb: 

A shipment of Deras was floating in space due to a massive battle between the Grineer and Corpus in the Mars sector, leading to massive losses on both sides, and the Tenno took the shipment and customised it. Now sports higher damage and status chance in exchange for lowered fire rate.

Ignis Wraith: 

Damage: 15 (15 Heat damage)

Fire rate: 10 rounds per second

Magazine size: 120 rounds per magazine

Reload time: 1.75s

Critical chance: 5.0%

Critical damage: 200%

Status chance: 15.0%

Range: 12.5m

Polarities: None

Codex Blurb: 

The Ignis Wraith was customised by an unknown group after feeling that the original Ignis was not sufficient in its intended role. Features higher damage with an unique styling.

After the inbox message, there will be an extra option in the event mission button, labelled 'Deception Boss battle', for players who want to play it again (they will still need a Data Corruptor). 

What happens after the event?

After the event, all current Spy and Deception missions will be changed to the event Spy and Deception missions, with a few other sweeping changes to accommodate that. First, the main changes: 

- Current Spy missions will still utilise their current tile sets, but with the tile set expansion (Asteroids and Outposts will have new expansions) used in the event. They will still reward PDFs, and the number of PDFs rewarded will still use the same scoring system as the event. For Ceres, it will instead reward Frequency Beacons. 

- The PDFs will still be used to craft the Data Corruptor, and the Data Corruptor blueprint will now be available on the Market for 15,000 credits. PDFs can now be sold for 500 credits and Data Corruptors for 1,000 credits.

- Current Deception missions will utilise the Spy Asteroids and Outposts tile set expansions (if the mission is on that map), or the tile set expansion for the Deception event mission (if the mission is on the ships). The player can either just hack the panel and get to extraction, or place one Data Corruptor into the controls, then hack the panel, then get to extraction. 

- The Eximi will now spawn on the planets when the alarm is activated (to see the spawn chance and locations, see the Enemy Eximus Overhaul thread [link is above]).

Now, onto the sweeping changes:

- Control panels will only show the 'Intrusion Detected' text when the hacking time is ≤5.0s (all hacking time is now reduced to between 10.0-12.0s, with the same types of puzzles used for the event [slider puzzle for Corpus, current puzzle for Infested ships, rewiring for Grineer]), which will then double the speed of the countdown. If the alarm is active when the player fails to successfully hack it in time, then it will initiate a lockdown and some enemies will spawn in the room. If the alarm is on lockdown and the player fails to successfully hack it in time, more enemies will spawn in.

- For hacking consoles in Spy and Deception missions, the previous change with control panels will be implemented here, but if the player fails to successfully hack the console before the time is up, then the alarm will sound and you will be spotted.

- The Data Corruptor can now be used in Deception missions to give players an advantage on running missions in a planet where the players inserted a Data Corruptor (e.g.: A player, in a Deception Mission in Phobos, inserted a Data Corruptor to the control console and successfully extracted. He/she will now have a slight advantage in running missions in Phobos for a few missions). Some examples of the advantages include (will only last for a few missions [e.g.: Between 2-3 missions], with the UI showing this on the corresponding planet):

- Normal enemies and Eximi having a chance to have their ranged weapons jammed when firing at the player, resorting them to use melee to attack the player (faulty input in the weapons manufacturing/distribution plants).

- Weakened armour (only if the planet has at least half the nodes controlled by the Grineer).

- Weakened shields (only if the planet has at least half the nodes controlled by the Corpus).

- Virus genetic 'poisoning' (reduced health for the Infested) (only if the planet has at least half the nodes controlled by the Infested).

- From the advantages change, the advantages can stack with other players if they have the same advantage, but the second player's advantage percentage/value will be half the host's advantage percentage/value, and so on. Then, add all the percentages together to obtain the total percentage. An example caluclation is below:

Host has a 10% of advantage X (X = placeholder).

Second player has the same advantage X. He/she will have 10%/2 = 5%.

Third player has the same advantage X. He/she will have 5%/2 = 2.5%

Fourth player has the same advantage X. He/she will have 2.5%/2 = 1.25%

Total percentage: 18.75% of advantage X.

- All bosses will have the changes listed in the Deception boss event deployed to the main game (as well as some of the maps as well).

Please note that this is a rough idea, and will be subject to change based on feedback and criticism. 

With this event, I hope to bring out more characters into the spotlight, improve the Spy and Deception missions, make stealth a bit more viable, and introduce the improved Eximus troops to provide a legitimate challenge to players.

Please take the time to read this proposal, and give constructive comments and criticism. 

Renegade343

To see my other threads, please go to my profile.

Edited by Renegade343