Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Reshuffles, As Implemented, Do Not Suit De.

Seox

Hello all,

Before I begin, let me make a few points clear. Please do not respond in a way that shows you have not read them:

1. I understand what RNG is. I understand that probability guarantees nothing, and that in theory, someone could try a 99.5% chance a million times and never be sure of a success.

2. I am a long time player who has spent plenty on this game and has been here for a year. I have every reason to support DE, and I absolutely love everything they've done with the game and their amazing transparency.

But jeez, this is absurd.

I just spent nearly 2000 platinum color shuffling one kubrow and have not come close to the color assortment I was looking for.

Before you say "Woah, what? You can't expect to get the correct eyes, feet, fur type, etc, etc in one roll. Of course you didn't!" I perfectly understand this. All I wanted was the lotus pattern and some shade of brown fur as long as the other colors didn't totally clash. This completely ignores eyes (which also won't clash), permits most feet types and colors, and permits most colors.

Out of 200 reshuffles, about 30 of them were lotus patterns. Only three had any brown on them whatsoever, and each of these featured bright white feet or something equally unsightly. 

"You're the idiot who spent so much platinum on rerolls!" Yeah, I did, but the very fact that this is absurd is what I'm trying to point out. There are ~10 palettes in the market, each of which cost 75 platinum. For less than 1000 platinum, you can voluntarily choose which colors you'd like on each zone of as many warframes as you'd like forever. You can also change them back and forth.

For kubrows, you can shuffle, using RNG, ONE kubrow (lotus help you if you want to keep one of each type) and will lose the appearance if you ever reshuffle. There is no way to lock one of the genes, no way to bias the colors, and no way to encourage the outcome that you'd like.

What's more, the only way to do this for free is to continuously rehatch kubrows with a 150k credit fee and hope that you get whatever gender/type you like, adding additional layers to the RNG.

I understand that kubrow breeding should be a thing, and that breeding based on the imprints of other kubrows will later make some of this smoother, but taking this route should not be so costly and so fruitless.

TL;DR While DE has taken fire for void drop rates (RNG) in the past, shuffling is strictly platinum based and strictly cosmetic. It does not in any way line up cost/benefit-wise with the precedent DE has set on other cosmetics in the past and limits the freedom a player has to express themselves with their kubrows. It further limits the likelihood that players be happy with multiple kubrows, if they choose to raise more than one and want to customize them. It needs to be adjusted so that players can actually be happy with what they get during this process, as the current system's RNG blows everything we've seen in the past out of the water.

Edited by Seox

For a game that is based a lot of consideration into customization, this is the most stupid and ridiculous idea DE has ever put in (I'm a person who takes appearances very seriously.)

I get they need money and all, but what's the problem with just having a color option just like with our war frames?

For a game that is based a lot of consideration into customization, this is the most stupid and ridiculous idea DE has ever put in (I'm a person who takes appearances very seriously.)

I get they need money and all, but what's the problem with just having a color option just like with our war frames?

I know! This makes no sense. I would gladly pay for Patterns, not a lucky dip. Disgraceful.

Exactly! That's the point I'm trying to illustrate with my tenacity - I'm very very willing to pay to be happy with it, even given the system, but even as open to the system as I was, I got nothing at all and have no platinum and no reward to show for it. It's really got me down :(

I know! This makes no sense. I would gladly pay for Patterns, not a lucky dip. Disgraceful.

What if we combine both?

Save the new patterns/colours/cosmetic traits discovered for personal customisation (free of charge), use credits for the Kubrow Scrambler, use platinum for the Deluxe Kubrow Scrambler (allows you to pick your choice of pattern, colour, etc.).

Edited by Renegade343

Arent you able to trade color schemes?

I dont know this is possible but if it is i think this is how you are supposed to use to get what exactly you want.

Going it alone will, of course, mean you are taking the long road.

On top of all of that.... the thing was just released. They may be bugs on how that stuff is being pushed out.

You should've really waited a few days before dumping that much into it.

Is this the genetics they've promised us?

Pay for a random shuffle?

Hilarious, DE.

And again, let me highlight that what I wanted really wasn't all that specific because I knew and expected RNG.

All I wanted was a specific fur pattern and any shade of brown, as long as it didn't look awful together - that's about as specific as most players would be looking for, and while there ought to be a few rare patterns and colors in an RNG based system, what does this mean for the average player?

2000 platinum. No customization.

Arent you able to trade color schemes?

I dont know this is possible but if it is i think this is how you are supposed to use to get what exactly you want.

Going it alone will, of course, mean you are taking the long road.

On top of all of that.... the thing was just released. They may be bugs on how that stuff is being pushed out.

You should've really waited a few days before dumping that much into it.

I would have liked to believe that the randomness wouldn't have been as significant as it was, and that colors that harmonized well were more likely to appear (dirt/clay red with sandy yellow head and gray legs....?!). What's more, this sort of thing tends to make it easier to identify problems in the first place. You're right, though - I wish I had waited.

No - you can trade genetic imprints. To my knowledge, you have to imprint them on a farmed egg, which you need to power with a 150k credit power core, which could then randomly be male or female, which could then randomly be, at best, one (two identical kubrows) or two different types. Then you have to worry about the RNG of appearance blending. If the game models recessive traits as well as dominant ones.....

Edited by Seox

What if we combine both?

Save the new patterns discovered for personal customisation (free of charge), use credits for the Kubrow Scrambler, use platinum for the Deluxe Kubrow Scrambler (allows you to pick your choice of pattern, colour, etc.).

I am pleased with your suggestion.

I agree as well. At first I was glad to see there was an option to change fur color/patterns, but after seeing the outcome of such, I'm not really interested in even trying it unless I get something really ugly on something I want to keep. I would much prefer the system we have for our warframes than this. Even if it was 75p for base coat palette, 75 for lotus pattern in different colors etc, it sounds like it would be a better deal than a gamble machine that doesn't allow you to "undo".

I also up vote Renegades suggestion.

Edited by Aurora

Why the hell did you spend 2000 platinum? That's exactly what they want, you just gave them money!

Unless you raised those 2000 plat through trading. Still, don't give them money to make a point, people, because they don't care about that.

Also, as a reminder: there is a bundle for sale at the market, called the "frugal credit bundle". It lets you buy 9000 credits with 30 platinum. That was not a typo, I really did write 9000 credits. You can literally spend real money for an amount of credits that gets you nothing in game. You can't even buy a single weapon blueprint with 9000 credits. It's gross, but it's there, in the market, ready to scam money out of new players. So it's not like they are impervious to digusting business practices.

Why the hell did you spend 2000 platinum? That's exactly what they want, you just gave them money!

Unless you raised those 2000 plat through trading. Still, don't give them money to make a point, people, because they don't care about that.

Also, as a reminder: there is a bundle for sale at the market, called the "frugal credit bundle". It lets you buy 9000 credits with 30 platinum. That was not a typo, I really did write 9000 credits. You can literally spend real money for an amount of credits that gets you nothing in game. You can't even buy a single weapon blueprint with 9000 credits. It's gross, but it's there, in the market, ready to scam money out of new players. So it's not like they are impervious to digusting business practices.

Because we want our kubrows to look the best that they can be. I think I spent a total of 250 plat trying to make him black and white but I got grey and white. 

I think that was meant from before, where credits were hard to come by. 

Because I like DE, and I have faith in DE, and I've been with DE for forever. A lot of the market prices are crazy, but again, I had figured that reshuffling colors - a core mechanic to kubrow customization (IE: A big deal) would be a bit smoother than it turned out to be.

Don't worry about why I did it, worry about the outcome and what this means for players in general.

Still, you're paying for something that should not be any more expensive than changing Warframe colors. A limited palette for free, and then optional palettes to buy.

I don't understand how any person can be indignant about this but still spend money on it. It's ridiculous.

I think the point was to make you rely on player market and breeding instead of plat reshuffles if you want specific colours and pattern combinations of kubrows. Buying it straight of the bat would invalidate any breeding efforts, so I think DE made a good move there if they wanted breeding to be meaningful.

Edited by -skimmer-

Still, you're paying for something that should not be any more expensive than changing Warframe colors. A limited palette for free, and then optional palettes to buy.

I don't understand how any person can be indignant about this but still spend money on it. It's ridiculous.

Congratulations, you've figured out my point!