Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quest Arc Idea: Getting Upgrades

Renegade343

Hello all, 

This thread will contain a concept of mine after playing around with U14 for a bit. Seeing that now new players have Damaged mods as a sign of progression in the game, as well as the MK-1 weapon, I thought to myself, "Why not take that further?". And thus, this concept and the quest arc was born. The concept is below (but first, a change must be made so that all players that has played through the Prologue [and all the new players after U14] can get to keep their MK-1 weapons and chosen Warframe): 

New players will have already retrieved some Damaged mods, a few normal mods and a few Fusion Cores, as well as continuing to use the MK-1 weapons. After the completion of Vor's Prize, the Lotus will give a final transmission that will complete the quest:

Tenno, the mods you have collected and the weapons you have obtained will serve you well over the next few planets. However, they will become less useful on later missions, where enemies are strong. You will need to get to Mars after you defeated the Jackal on Venus to upgrade your damaged mods and your weapons.

Once the player successfully assassinated the Jackal, they will now have a new quest, titled "Getting Upgrades". This mission will be solely in the Mars region, as the Jackal will drop the Mars Nav Coordinates. Once the player installs the Mars Nav Coordinates, the quest will now be available to do. 

First, the Lotus will give the following transmission to the player starting this quest: 

Tenno, while your weapons and damaged mods have served you well over the past few planets, it will not hold up to stronger enemies later on. You will need to get blueprints to restore the mods to their full power and upgrade your weapons, both of them located with the leader of Mars. However, I cannot identify nor locate this leader. You will have to do some sabotaging in Mars to get him to respond, then I will be able to identify him.

Then, the Ordis will say, 

Oh, Operator, you want to go to Mars? Bland place, if you ignore all the Orokin Derelicts floating around the planet, getting picked apart by all the salvage ships. What a disgrace.

The player will first have to complete a Sabotage Quest Mission on Gravidus (Corpus only, Corpus ship map), with normal dialogue. Once the player has destroyed the core (will start a countdown), a transmission will speak to you, with a static screen and the name '???': 

I have heard about you when you destroyed the Jackal. You may have survived that, but you will not survive against me.

Once the player completes the Gravidus quest mission, the Lotus will send a transmission on the ship: 

I have picked up one signal from the leader. I will need two more to identify this leader. Keep on sabotaging the operations on Mars, and I should be able to get another signal.

The player will then have to complete a Sabotage Quest Mission on Tharsis (Corpus only, Corpus ship map), with the dialogue from the Lotus at the start: 

This ship is currently picking apart the Orokin Derelict for salvage and obtaining Orokin parts. It has also happened to be one of the main salvage ships, and has been causing trouble for our Tenno salvage cells through its main cannon tearing up Tenno salvage sites. You will need to get to the core, then destroy it to make the ship unstable, so that our Tenno salvage cells can continue to explore the Derelicts and retrieve anything that could help us restore balance to the System, as well as getting the leader to respond so I can get another signal.

Once the player successfully destroys the core (will start a countdown), another transmission from '???', with the same static screen, will pop up: 

This is your last warning. Leave this system at once, or you will face my wrath against your petty sabotages against my operations.

Once the player successfully completes the Tharsis quest mission, the Lotus will send a transmission on the ship: 

Good work Tenno. One more signal is all I need to identify him. Go to Ultor and eliminate the leader's elite troops. That should get the leader to respond so I can identify the leader for you.

The player will then have to complete an Extermination Quest Mission on Ultor (Corpus only, Corpus ship map), with the dialogue from the Lotus at the start: 

This ship is where the leader contains his elite troops for deployment against invaders or rebels. Eliminate all of them so that the rebels below can have some respite from these troops' relentless attacks.

Once the player has killed all of the troops, the transmission from '???' will pop up again, with the same static screen: 

You Tenno never listen well to verbal threats. Maybe a sniper round to your head will help get the point across.

Once the player successfully completes the Ultor quest mission, the Lotus will send a transmission on the ship: 

I have managed to identify the leader of Mars. He is Sergeant Nef Anyo, one of the esteemed Corpus troops, now in charge of the Corpus solar rails to deliver Warframe cryopods found in the Orokin Derelicts to the highest seller. Through his recent searches in the Derelicts, he has found two ancient blueprints, one that allows damaged mods to be fixed, and one that allows prototype weapons for Tenno initiates to be upgraded to its fighting counterpart. We will need to spear out his exact location by hacking the consoles to reveal his location.

Then, the Ordis will say, in a dry tone: 

A Sergeant? And I thought the Lotus sent you on an impossible task.

The player will then have to complete a Spy Quest Mission on Spear (Corpus only, Corpus Outpost map), with dialogue from the Lotus at the start: 

Here is where Nef Anyo contacts his troops on Mars to coordinate scavenging and defence efforts. Hack the consoles to collect the data so we can analyse his exact location.

Once the player has successfully hacked one console, a transmission with Nef Anyo's animation and name will pop up, saying: 

I will uphold my word about shooting your head. Maybe that would change your mind about staying in this system.

Sergeant Nef Anyo will now spawn in at various random points in the mission and start firing Lanka rounds at the player, as well as chase them around a bit. The player can shoot at him, but he will throw down his Flash grenade and disappear (i.e. despawn) when the player deplete his shields, then spawn again at a random interval at a random place near the player, just to harass the player and uphold his word about shooting you. The player must continue to hack all four data consoles and get to the extraction point to finish this quest mission. 

Once the player successfully completes the Spear Spy Mission, the Lotus will send a transmission on the ship: 

From the data you have collected, I have located where Nef Anyo is. He is currently in War, where he is surveying the recent shipment of Warframe cryopods. Take him down, take the two blueprints he took, and save your kin. A Tenno extraction team will retrieve the cryopods and get them to safety once you take down Nef Anyo.

The player will then have to complete an Assassination Quest Mission on War (Corpus only, Corpus Outpost map), with the same run as a normal Sergeant Nef Anyo boss run and fight (or the one that DE(L) is currently creating). Once the player successfully completes the War Assassination Mission, the player will be rewarded with 6 Common Fusion Cores, 4 Uncommon Fusion Cores and 2 Rare Fusion Cores (all max rank), and the Lotus will send the final transmission concerning this quest arc: 

You have done a valuable deed to the system by bringing down Nef Anyo. Not only have you stopped him from selling more of the dormant Tenno to be killed or dissected, you have also stopped him from using the blueprints you obtained to gain more knowledge about us. Now, go and use these blueprints to fix your damaged mods and upgrade your weapons.

These two blueprints can be re-used indefinitely. 

The first blueprint fixes the player's damaged mods, making them normal mods. The crafting requirements are below: 

1 Damaged mod of the player's choice

1 Fusion Core of the player's choice, but using an Uncommon Fusion Core will increase the Rank of the normal version by 1, and using a Rare Fusion Core will increase the Rank of the normal version by 2 (will be told when the player selects a Fusion Core).

100 Circuits

200 Ferrite

7,500 Credits

Time for crafting: 10 Minutes

Platinum rush price: 20 Platinum

The result will be a normal version of the damaged mods, with the rank of the normal version being the closest to the power of the damaged mod, rounded up (e.g.: A damaged Serration with +30% damage will produce a Rank 1 Serration [+30% damage] using this blueprint with a Common Fusion Core). 

The second blueprint upgrades the player's MK-1 weapons, making them the normal version. The crafting requirements are below: 

1 MK-1 weapon of the player's choice

400 Salvage

500 Alloy Plates

200 Polymer Bundles

1 Morphics

15,000 Credits

Time for crafting: 30 Minutes

Platinum rush price: 40 Platinum

The level of the normal version after crafting will be one-third of the level of the MK-1 weapon used (e.g.: A MK-1 Furax with level 12 will produce a level 4 Furax using this blueprint). 

With this, the Bo, Furax, Skana, Braton, Strun, Paris, Lato, Furis, and Kunai will be changed to be credit-purchasable, with the credit price of all of them being 65,000. For all the MK-1 versions, the credit price will be 30,000.

With this concept, I hope to make more use of the damaged mods and MK-1 weapons and making more player progression, while making more lore to the Warframe universe. 

Renegade343

To see my other threads, please go to my profile.

Edited by Renegade343

..........Why would they pay fusion cores to repair a mod they most likely already have by the time they get to mars? And by that I don't mean cracked mods I mean a real mod that drops from enemies, the tenno should be able to keep those cores for upgrading their stuff, not getting the exact same stuff as before but waste perfectly good cores, it seems a bit pointless in my own opinion, if there is no fusion core required to build it I would agree, but for now this seems a bit counter intuitive.

Edit:them typos

Edited by Amethyst.zero

..........Why would they pay fusion cores to repair a mod they most likely already have by the time they get to mars? And by have I don't mean cracked mods I mean a real mod that drops from enemies, the tenno should be able to keep those cores for upgrading their stuff, not getting the exact same stuff as before, it seems a bit pointless in my own opinion, if there is no fusion core required to build it I would agree, but for now this seems a bit counter intuitive.

Edit:them typos

Normal mods like Serration, Point Blank and Shocking Touch would only have a chance of dropping starting from Saturn, if I remember correctly.

Maybe about the Fusion Core costs, but that was meant as something to fix it. How about any one Fusion Core, along with 100 Circuits and 200 Ferrite?

Edited by Renegade343

Normal mods like Serration, Point Blank and Shocking Touch would only have a chance of dropping starting from Saturn, if I remember correctly.

Either way, I believe it would be more helpful if they could keep the cores and ordis, or however you spell his name, could guide the tenno on upgrading their mods, I know there's a part where he tells you on how to put one in, but not on how to upgrade, it would be a perfect time for him to help the new player and upgrade their mods.

I'm totally with you on the upgrading your weapon part, that's cool, I just think the new tenno would need those cores later on, so I'm only against the use of cores in the bp to make a normal mod, but that's just my take on it.

Maybe about the Fusion Core costs, but that was meant as something to fix it. How about any one Fusion Core, along with 100 Circuits and 200 Ferrite?

yeah I agree with that, I think that would work out, they already got most of the resources and god quiet a lot of credits and get to keep a few cores, so yeah I think that would work out.

Edited by Amethyst.zero