Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Story Questline: Project J (In Which Vor Returns To The Origin System)

Cobalt313

Questline: Project J

Flavor text: A small platoon of Grineer have been discovered making several trips to the Void and back unharmed. The Lotus has called you to investigate.

First mission- Spy- investigate Grineer Void outpost

Before mission-

Lotus: "Recently, Tenno spy teams have been bringing in reports of Grineer forces stationed on [planet here, not sure which yet] sending expeditions to the Void with abnormal frequency. What makes this unusual is that they all return from the Void unscathed and empty-handed, but seemingly triumphant nonetheless. We have to know what they're doing in the Void, Tenno. Go to their outpost and raid their database for intel on these expeditions."

During mission- after you take the first Datamass

"Good work Tenno. Please proceed to the next terminal and- wait... No! This can't be happening!

You must hurry Tenno! The Grineer have detected your intrusion into the database and triggered a system purge in response. In a matter of minutes the database will be wiped clean. You must quickly collect the remaining datamasses before the purge is complete or this will all be for nothing.

(From this point forward, the mission is timed. Mission will fail if the timer runs out before you collect the last datamass)

After mission:

"That was close, Tenno. The data you gathered may not be complete, but it should still be sufficient to shed some light on what the Grineer are planning."

Second mission- Mobile Defense- Hack the Grineer central network.

Before mission-

"Tenno... we have a problem. Although the data you retrieved from your last mission had been partially corrupted, I was able to decipher enough to uncover what the Grineer had been doing in the Void. It appears they have uncovered the secret to the creation of Warframes, and are planning to make use of it in something codenamed 'Project J'. While the odds of the Grineer being able to use this information to create a weapon that could compete with a true Tenno are slim, we cannot let this sacrilege go unpunished. I will need your help hacking into the Grineer central data network so I can find out more about this 'Project J' and what we can do to stop it. You know what to do."

At start of mission-

"You've reached the Grineer central database. Patch me into the network, and I'll see what I can unearth about Project J. Beware, Tenno, it will be heavily guarded.

During mission- after you hack the first location

"That's strange, there is no record here of any recent expeditions to the Void returning alive... we have to dig deeper. Find another node and plug me in."

During mission- after you hack the second location

"These files do not appear to have been tampered with, but I still can't find any records of Void expeditions or any data mentioning Project J or Warframe experimentation anywhere. Perhaps we need to change our approach. Find me one more node."

During mission- after you hack the last location

"This is strange, Tenno. I've cross-referenced a list of names from the expedition team you obtained from the Void outpost, and every one of them matches a large-scale Void expedition that went silent long ago. To date no attempts to contact them have succeeded, and official records have listed them all as dead in absentia. Something's not right here, but we've done all we can. Thank you Tenno, return to extraction."

After mission- "It appears whatever we are dealing with is unknown even to the Grineer themselves. We still need answers, but we may have to find them the hard way."

Intermission- Obtain an Orokin Tower IV Capture key (only occurs if you have no Tower IV Capture Keys)

"It looks like our only hope for answers about this Project J lies with this enigmatic Void expedition itself. We've tracked down more signs of unusual Grineer Void jumps from the fringe outpost, but a direct confrontation would be fruitless. They will likely be prepared for a direct assault on their base. Our next best bet is to catch them in the middle of one of their Void jumps. Odris can give you the details."

Odris: "Operator needs to go to the void? --Odris doesn't want to go!!-- Operator will need a key to get there. Finding this team of Void-jumpers by blindly searching --that hellspace-- would be near-impossible, so not just any key will do. Fortunately, Odris has analyzed the enemy's jump patterns and believes Operator will be able to find an appropriate key at these locations. Good lu- --Please don't do this!!--

Mission: Obtain a Tower Capture key (Odris points out a mundane mission you can get any Orokin Void Capture keys)

Upon completion if no Key has been obtained:

Odris: "It appears you have not found an appropriate Key. What a --relief-- disappointment."

Third mission- Tower IV Capture- Intercept Void expedition team (Triggers once you have a Tower IV Capture key)

Odris: "It appears Operator has the requisite Tower Key available for use. Splendid. --Let's get this over with, Odris hates it there.--"

Lotus: "Perfect timing, Tenno. It looks like the expedition team is preparing for another jump. Head to the Void and we could catch them by surprise."

Mission: Capture- Intercept the mysterious Void expedition

(This mission will take place on a fixed map with multiple successive targets; you would need to switch out of the Quest to get a mundane Tower mission)

At start of mission:

Lotus: "It looks like the expedition team has not yet detected you. Use that to your advantage Tenno, they will likely have their hands full with the Neural Sentry and will not be expecting you."

Upon sighting first target:

"Target spotted. Be careful Tenno, this one appears heavily armed." (Capture targets for this mission are abnormally strong)

After capturing the first target:

"Good, it appears he was unable to alert the others. If the remainder of the expedition team is still not yet aware of your presence, you should be able to find and capture them with minimal-"

*lights flicker*

Stalker: "Blasphemers!!"

Lotus: "Oh no..."

Stalker: "You defile this sacred ground with your presence, greedily seeking that which you are not worthy of... Unforgivable!"

Lotus: "Tenno, you must hurry. It looks like the Stalker is out for blood. Find the remaining targets before he does."

Upon discovering the second target:

Lotus: "Target located. Capture it before the Stalker finds it and you"

(If you do not capture the target within a certain time limit, Stalker will appear. Capturing the target will reset and halt the timer until you find the next target. If Stalker kills your target before you can capture it, it is considered a failure as if the target had escaped. Stalker can be fought and killed like normal, however)

Stalker lines:

(First time Stalker appears:)

Stalker: "You!! Do not think I have forgotten your sins. I shall punish you alongside these dogs!"

(If Stalker kills the target)

Stalker: "The others must be punished for their hubris- your judgement shall come in time, (playername)"

(Subsequent times Stalker appears)

Stalker: "Your insolence must be punished!"

(If Stalker is killed)

Stalker: "You dare defend these dogs? You truly are the Betrayers..."

After capturing the last target:

Lotus: "Looks like that's all of them. Get to extraction as soon as possible.

*Vor appears in the room you are occupying, facing you and following your movements, impervious to damage*

Vor: "..."

*Vor disappears*

Vor: "Soon, Tenno. Very soon."

Lotus: "That was strange... but we have little time. Get those VIP's to me now."

After mission:

"Close call, Tenno. At least now we can figure out what exactly Project J is. Mission accomplished."

Fourth mission- Sabotage- Destroy Grineer manufacturing plant

Lotus: "Bad news, Tenno. Although the Void expedition team you captured all seemed to be suffering from some form of mental derangement which made interrogation difficult, I was at least able to confirm my initial fears: certain of the Grineer have gained access to Warframe technology. I still could not learn the exact nature of Project J, but I do know now that it is the Grineer's attempt to weaponize this technology.. Fortunately these Grineer all seem to be part of some strange cult consisting of MIA's from lost Void expeditions; the main Grineer forces are not yet aware of their existence, but if the Queens catch wind of this, the Origin System could be in serious danger. I have discovered a series of active Grineer manufacturing facilities hidden across the Origin System; official records claim they have been decommissioned and no one is certain what they are making there, but I have confirmed it is relevant to Project J. I've already begun dispatching sabotage teams to several of these hidden Grineer factories. You should be part of this assault, Tenno. Prepare yourself.

Mission: Sabotage- Destroy Grineer manufacturing equipment

At start of mission: "You've reached one of the hidden manufacturing plants. I've marked key pieces of equipment on your map. Destroy everything."

Upon reaching first objective-

"Target in view. Destroy- wait, what?"

*target is already destroyed*

"It appears this equipment has been completely dismantled already. Strange. Head to the next objective"

At second objective-

*is also completely FUBAR*

"This machinery also appears to have been destroyed by Grineer weaponry. I am receiving similar reports of self-sabotage from all other Tenno cells. These Grineer appear to be mocking us, let's see who has the last laugh. Wipe them all out and head to extraction"

*Mission changes to Exterminate*

After last Grineer is killed:

"You've wiped them all out, but there's still no sign of whatever these Grineer were working on or any clues as to what Project J really is. I find this troubling... Tenno, head to extraction."

At extraction:

"It's clear now that the Grineer knew we were coming, but why would they destroy their own equipment? This doesn't bode well"

Fifth mission- Sabotage- Destroy hidden Grineer warehouse

Lotus: "Good news, Tenno. Some of our assault teams have brought back intel from the manufacturing facilities that may aid us in stopping Project J. It appears these factories were manufacturing individual components for the project that were being sent to an undisclosed location for assembly. I've just managed to triangulate the probable location of this secret Grineer headquarters using the locations of the hidden factories. Break in and destroy Project J before these Grineer cultists have a chance to deploy it. We still are not certain what it may be, but if it involves Warframe tech, it has to be dangerous. I've already sent Odris the coordinates- get going."

Odris: "Setting course, Operator. Whenever you're ready."

Mission: Sabotage- Overload main reactor

At start of mission:

Lotus: "This facility appears to be powered by a standard Grineer nuclear reactor. If we can force it to self-destruct, the explosion should be enough to destroy the structure and everything inside it. If we can find and disable the four main cooling systems, we should be able to overload the reactor. Get to work, Tenno."

After first coolant system is destroyed

Lotus: "That's one down, Tenno. Three still remain"

After second system:

"You're halfway there, Tenno, keep it up.

Upon reaching the main storage area:

*cutscene: Camera pans up and around, showing the massive room full of Grineer cryopods. Camera then zooms in on one of them, giving you a clear view of what appears to be a Warframe made of hybrid Grineer/Orokin tech inside*

Lotus: "Those Cryopods... Tenno, is this Project J? Are these... Warframes?"

"Impossible... there aren't even this many Tenno on active duty, let alone hidden in existence. Where have they been getting these Warframes? Did the Grineer... build these?"

"This is worse than I ever imagined... If the Grineer were able to deploy these Warframes, we would have no chance to stop them. They could overwhelm us completely; the galaxy would fall within a matter of days... we can't let that happen, Tenno. Hurry and blow this place to oblivion.

(paths to next two coolant systems and reactor split away from this room, Reactor room door is locked)

After destroying third system:

"One cooling system remains before the reactor is vulnerable... How were the Grineer able to manufacture so many of these Warframes on such short notice? How long had they been working on these?

Passing back through the storage rooms:

"That's strange... these Warframes appear fully functional, yet none of them are showing any signs of life or activity, not even those typical of cryosleep. Its as if there was nothing inside of them... This doesn't make any sense, why would the Grineer develop a weapon they couldn't use? And why so many?"

Third coolant destroyed:

"Cooling system offline. You should be able to force the reactor to overheat now. Still... something doesn't feel right about all of this. Warframes are supposed to serve as a focus for Void energies- for Tenno- and these Warframes in storage still seem to be designed around that principle. Without a Tenno to control them, these Warframes being kept here are completely useless to the Grineer, so why keep making them? Why go through such great lengths to defend something so worthless and wasteful? I... I don't like this...

Tenno?

Be careful."

At reactor:

"You've finally reached the reactor, Tenno. Overload it and destroy these abominations."

After setting off reactor:

"Nicely done. Reactor detonation in five minutes, Get to extraction before then."

Upon leaving the room:

*profile picture is blank*

???: "Don't think you are victorious just yet, Tenno."

Lotus: "What? Tenno, what's happening? Who is that? Tenno?"

*profile picture resembles one of the "Grineerframes"*

???: "You are far too late to stop me, Vor, from making my triumphant return to the service of the Queens!!"

Lotus: "Vor? How is this possible?"

Vor: "Do you remember, Tenno? How you cut me in twain? How I became a specter of the Void through the power of the Janus Key? You thought you had slain me. You thought my death would be the end. But no, you had unwittingly brought about my apotheosis!"

Lotus: "Tenno, several of the Grineer cryopods are missing. It appears Vor has taken control of one of the Project J Warframes and is escaping with several others in tow aboard one of the Grineer cargo vessels docked at this station. We don't have time to stop him, Tenno, hurry to extraction. Hopefully the reactor explosion will at least destroy the rest of the Grineer Warframes."

*rest plays over time as timer counts down*

Vor: "You had shown me the truth of the Janus Key. You made me immortal, invincible. You gave me the very power I had coveted from the beginning. The power of the Void. The power of the Tenno!!"

"Yet still I was not satisfied. I, Vor, had become a mere phantom bound to the Void, unable to exercise my power beyond the many walls of my gilded prison. I remembered my Grineer brothers and my Queens. I remembered the prize that had slipped from my grasp and cost me my honor. I remembered you, Tenno. And I thirsted for vindication."

"I wished to show my brothers in arms the power of the Janus Key. I wanted to share its truth, to unite us all under the power of the Void, so we could ascend beyond the limits of mortality, and claim the universe for ourselves! Yet, I could not. Without a vessel, I, Vor, could never again return to the Origin system I once considered home. Never again would I see my fellow Grineer, or my beloved Queens. Until I was finally found by a wayward exploration team..."

"I showed them the Light. I revealed to them secret knowledge from the Void, secrets once greedily held by you Tenno. They made me their master. They returned to your reality to use my teachings to prepare a vessel for my resurrection. They named it in honor of my Janus Key, the source of my immortality and their enlightenment: Project J".

"Did you see them, Tenno? The glorious vessels? How numerous they were? How swiftly and easily they could be made? I, Vor, am made eternal by the Janus Key. I will forever live on in the Void. Should my vessel, my Warframe, ever by destroyed, it can be replaced. As long as I can share the secrets of their creation with my mortal brethren, they will always be able to build a new vessel for me."

"Soon, I will not be alone. Soon I will share the might of the Janus Key with my Grineer brothers. And they too, will be eternal. They too, shall wield the power of these Warframes. And together, we shall conquer all in the name of the Queens!"

Lotus: "You're running out of time, get to extraction!"

After reaching extraction: 

Lotus: "We've done all we can, but it was too late. We've lost track of Vor and his cargo. I'm sorry Tenno... we've failed."

Sixth mission- Capture- Steal Corpus prototype.

Before mission:

Lotus: "It's over, Tenno. Vor has made his return, and thanks to his Project J he finally has Warframes at his disposal. We expect he will be presenting himself before the Queens any moment now. He's won. I will contact all remaining Tenno in preparation for- hold on, I'm picking up a transmission from one of our spy cells. This looks urgent, hold on."

Odris: "Vor has returned? --FILTHY DOG, CAN'T HE EVEN DIE RIGHT?-- Odris is unhappy to hear this. If what the Lotus has told us is true, this may be the end of our mission together. Odris is happy to have been of service, operator, and is prepared to continue serving until the end --and take as many of these Grineer mongrels down with Odris as possible--

Lotus: "I've finished decoding the transmission ...Tenno? I have an assignment for you. Head to the coordinates I've just sent Odris. I'll explain later, just.. trust me, Tenno.

Mission: Capture- raid Corpus laboratory.

At mission start: "This is a corpus R&D laboratory. A powerful new weapon is being developed here. I need you to bring me the prototype."

"This weapon's conception has been a subject of considerable controversy among the Corpus; its development has been kept secret to everyone not currently working on the project. Not even the Board of Directors themselves know of its existence."

After finding the prototype:

"You found it? Good. This device is far too powerful to leave in enemy hands; we must see to it no others like it are made. Find and capture the head engineer"

After capturing the Corpus Engineer:

"We now have the engineer responsible for the creation of this device in our possession. Still, the remaining workers here know too much. We cannot afford to take any chances; exterminate them all."

(Mission objective changes to Exterminate)

Once all enemies are exterminated:

"Good work, Tenno. You are probably wondering why this weapon warrants so much attention, especially given recent events. I will explain everything back on the Liset. Get to extraction."

At extraction:

"The device you hold now could have posed an even greater threat than Vor, but now it may be just what we need to stop him."

Unique Mission Reward: Void Disruptor blueprint

Seventh mission- Spy- Steal Corpus artifact

Before mission:

Lotus: "The device you took from the Corpus was the prototype of a deadly new weapon known as a Void Disruptor. Intended as a countermeasure against Tenno attacks, this device is designed to dispel Void energy signatures from the target object and scramble that signature in a way that prevents it from coterminating with our universe. In other words, this device is designed to sever a Tenno from its Warframe and kill them permanently. Vor may be dangerous but he does not pose as much a threat to the existence of Tenno as a whole as this device would have if the Corpus were able to complete it."

Odris: "Operator could have been killed? --Lotus should have warned Odris-- Odris is happy Operator is still alive. Odris would have --BLOWN EVERY LAST CORPUS TO-- -been very unhappy if Operator were to have been destroyed. Odris does not want to be abandoned again..."

Lotus: "If we could turn this Disruptor against Vor, it may be able to neutralize him permanently. As it stands however, the device is incomplete and we lack many of the components it requires. Most of these parts are of typical Corpus make, but one key component in particular is an Orokin artifact."

Darvo: "I just received a message from that Cephalon of yours. So I hear you need some parts for a Corpus device, huh? I know exactly where you can find what you need. The message included a full list of components, and lucky for you I've seen that Orokin artifact before. It's on a supply convoy headed for Europa, carrying lots of parts and machinery for the scientists working there. If you could intercept them before they reach their destination, I'm sure you could find all the parts you need as well as that artifact. If there's anything they don't have, I'm sure I could get it to you for cheap. I'll even give you guys a discount!"

Odris: "--Typical Corpus, even when they're doing you a favor they're planning to rip you o-- -Setting course to intercept."

Mission- Sabotage: Steal Corpus artifact

At start of mission:

Lotus: "You've reached the supply ship. It looks like they're keeping the artifact in an armored safe under constant surveillance. The Corpus hold Orokin technology sacred, Tenno. Expect heavy resistance."

Darvo: "It looks like all the regular parts are here, too. Feel free to grab them once you're finished breaking into that safe."

After obtaining the artifact:

Lotus: "You've found the key component to the Void DIsruptor. Now go find the remaining- Tenno, brace for impact!!"

(ship shakes violently, all players are staggered by the force of the impact)

Vor: "Behold, my queens! Behold the power of the arisen Vor!!"

Lotus: "This ship has come under attack by Grineer forces. They appear to be looting the ship for supplies. Vor is with them, Tenno, I am not sure you are ready to take him on in his current state.

Extraction is ready, you have a choice to make: either abort now and leave with the artifact, or search for the other components and risk attack by Vor and his forces. Choose wisely Tenno,"

(Grineer units will appear throughout the ship and attack the Corpus and your squad. Vor himself will appear after a short while and begin attacking you and any Corpus in range. You cannot harm him yet, but the Corpus may occasionally divert his attention away from you, which you can use to escape)

---

Vor's abilities:

Machete: Wielded in a mockery of Tenno traditions, Vor employs this Grineer melee weapon to combat close-range attackers as well as parry mid- to close-range attacks.

Seer Pistol: Vor and his trusty sidearm are once again united. Similar to but more powerful than the one he used to wield.

Concussion Grenades: Deals considerable damage and has high chance of Blast proc.

Void Jaunt: short-range teleport we all know and hate.

Notes: Vor will be holding back by this point. He's not actively trying to kill you just yet, he's more interested in showing off and leaving survivors to tell of it. Still rather dangerous as he will respawn shortly after being killed.

---

(The following lines will play randomly (akin to typical boss lines) while Vor's in the field)

Vor: "I have fulfilled my promise to you, my Queens. I, Vor, have finally obtained the power of the Tenno. The power of the Warframes!!"

Vor: "I have returned, brothers! I bring you a gift! I bring you eternal life and power, enough to subjugate the System, nay, the Galaxy, in a fortnight! For the Queens!!"

Vor: "Watch my Queens! Watch as the Tenno flee in terror before the might of Vor! They stand in our way no longer, nothing can!!"

At extraction:

Lotus: "We got what we needed, let's get out of here and prepare for the final assault."

After mission:

Lotus: "It appears Vor and his followers have begun raiding Corpus storehouses and shipping lines all across the System. They're trying to get the attention of the Queens. We're running out of time, we have to get the Void Disruptor completed ASAP."

Darvo: "Tenno! It's horrible!! Those Grineer dogs have looted all of my suppliers! I can't get you the components you ordered! All of my merchandise, gone! I'm ruined!! *close to sobbing*"

Intermission (triggers if you did not collect all the necessary components in Mission 7)

Before mission:

Darvo: "Oh, that is IT. No more mister nice Darvo! Tenno, we're going to make the Dogs pay for what they did to me! I'm sending you blueprints for the parts you need, a list of Grineer supply depots, and a blank check. I may have lost all of my wares, but I still have my funds. You want to finish that machine? The money's on me, and the materials are on the Dogs. Rob them like they robbed me. Nobody steals from Darvo and gets away with it. NOBODY!!"

(blueprints for any Void Disruptor parts you did not find in Mission 7 are added to your foundry. These components require mundane materials to craft but cost no credits or Platinum to build or rush (even though they only take about a minute, hour tops, to build). 

(Quest marks mission where you can obtain materials needed for part crafting. It is not necessary to complete this mission to proceed, as simply crafting the components themselves advances you to the next mission)

Mission: Exterminate- raid Grineer supply depot.

Beginning of mission: "You've made it to the depot! Go ahead, take everything you need! Take everything you don't need! ...Look, just take everything and kill everyone that tries to stop you.)

(mission proceeds as a usual Exterminate mission with Darvo replacing Lotus as your guide)

After mission:

Darvo: "Found what you were looking for? Better warm up that Foundry then. The sooner you can get to turning that device against Vor and his cronies, the better."

Eighth mission- Exterminate- Find Vor (triggers once you have all components to craft the Void Disruptor)

Before Mission:

Lotus: "You have all the components we need; hurry and finish the Void Disruptor. Vor is currently in audience with the Queens, there's no way we can reach him now. His associates have been hand-picking a platoon of Grineer soldiers, it seems the Janus Key requires they meet a very specific set of criteria or else they will not survive the process. If we can wipe out these candidates before Vor has a chance to demonstrate his Key, we may be able to flush him out. There is no time left Tenno, finish the Void Disruptor, then get going."

Darvo: "Don't worry about the assembly cost for that Disruptor, Tenno. I got you covered. My accounts may be running low, but now is not a time to be stingy. The Grineer must pay."

Odris: "Odris admires Darvo's generosity. --Darvo should have his profits threatened more often--"

Objective: Craft the Void Disruptor

(again, crafting and rushing the completed Disruptor is no cost. Simply starting the crafting time will advance to the next objective. You can rush and claim the Disruptor now, but it is not required. If you do claim it however, Lotus will say:

Lotus: I will need to make a few modifications to the DIsruptor's original design before it can be used. It will be ready when we need it, Tenno.)

Mission: Exterminate- slaughter Vor's soldiers

At start of mission:

Lotus: "Vor's demonstration of the Janus Key will begin in a matter of minutes. This is where he keeps every Grineer he has found compatible with the process. Wipe them all out, Tenno, you don't have much time.

(Mission is timed, Vor can be overheard at certain intervals through the mission)

5 minutes remaining

Vor: "My Queens, long have the Grineer been a broken breed. Our bodies, weak and flawed, grow more and more decayed with every generation. Our efforts to repair ourselves with machinery and augmentation have been in vain, serving only to delay the inevitable. But I bring hope. I bring salvation. I bring... transcendence.

4 minutes remaining

Vor: "Our armies are legion, and ever growing by the hour, yet our brothers and sisters in arms die in droves at the hands of the Betrayers. The Tenno are few and finite, yet when even one of these foul demons is slain, they do not diminish. I have learned their secret, my Queens. I have learned the truth of the Tenno."

3 minutes remaining

Vor: "The Void. The answer lies within the Void. When I was cut down by the Tenno that had escaped my grasp, I did not die. I instead found myself in the Void, given new life by the power of the Janus Key in my possession. When I was bathed in its glorious light, I understood everything."

2 minutes remaining

Vor: "I have ascended beyond the limits of my mortal being. Through the power of my Janus Key, I, Vor, am made eternal in the Void. And now, with this vessel you see before you, this Warframe, I am made eternal here as well. My old, weak body could not be replaced; my new body can. The Void has shown me the secret of these glorious vessels, and I have shared this knowledge with my associates. The Tenno would have us believe these Warframes are difficult, nay, impossible, to manufacture with our technology. They are wrong."

1 minute remaining

Vor: "I have legions of these vessels ready in storage, waiting for one such as me to fill them. But why keep them waiting? Why should I alone bear the gift of my Janus Key, the gift of perfection? Soon I shall make my brothers as myself, immortal, eternal, and together we will conquer all in your names! My queens, I give you... apotheosis!"

Lotus: "Vor's demonstration is about to begin. You are running out of time, Tenno."

Time out/mission failure

Vor: "Watch, my Queens! Watch as my Janus Key makes a god of this humble soldier! *energy sounds*"

If all enemies are killed before timer runs out:

Vor: "My brethren! No! You will suffer for this, Tenno!"

Lotus: "Vor incoming, Tenno. The Void Disruptor's still not ready and you won't stand a chance without it. Get out of there now.

(after a short time Vor's Warframe will appear and pursue the player(s) to extraction. Killing him is not permanent)

---

Vor's abilities:

Machete: Same as before, only this time used more offensively than defensively.

Seer Pistol: See above.

Concussion Grenades: See above.

Void Jaunt: Now leaves a small vortex that briefly pulls in Tenno that are too close to Vor when he teleports away, and creates a short-range radial shockwave at his destination point that can knock players down.

Proximity Mines: Yep, he's breaking these out. As with previous versions of Vor, these orbs fire damaging energy rays at anyone within range.

Channel the Void: Same as his Void iteration, fires a deadly energy beam from his Janus Key, removed from his chest and held aloft.

Notes: Now you've gone and made him mad. He's determinedly trying to kill you this time, and unlike last time you have no excuse not to run. Your best option is just to stay mobile and avoid his attacks and don't hold still long enough for him to get a bead on you with anything.

---

Spoken randomly while Vor is in play and extraction has not been reached:

Vor: "I, Vor, will tolerate your insults no longer!"

Vor: "You have disgraced me before my Queens for the last time, Tenno!"

Vor: "I could have freed my brothers from their suffering! I could have given them truth! I could have shown them the light!"

Vor: "Why must you stand in the way of progress? Why do you fight the inevitable? My Janus Key will prove to you the futility of your efforts"

If you happen to kill Vor:

Vor: "You think you've won? This vessel is but one of hundreds! You have bought yourself mere moments, Tenno. I, Vor, can no longer be defeated!" (Vor will return with a new Warframe shortly after this)

At extraction: 

Lotus: "It will be a long time before Vor finds another Grineer compatible with his Janus Key. We have averted a galactic crisis, but we can't celebrate just yet. Vor won't take this indignity lightly."

Ninth mission- Assassinate- Slay Vor

Before Mission:

Lotus: "Our timing could not have been any more perfect, Tenno. The Queens themselves witnessed us kill Vor's chosen right under his nose and escape with our lives. Vor is disgraced and outraged, and he has no intent to let you get away with this. It appears he is currently on Earth, broadcasting on all Grineer frequencies a challenge to face him in a fight to the death. He's calling you out, Tenno. This is our chance. Ready the Void Disruptor.

Objective- retrieve Void Disruptor (skipped if you already rushed and claimed it)

Lotus: "If you can attach this device to Vor's Warframe, it should erase his Void presence and prevent his return. The Void DIsruptor was designed for the express purpose of permanently destroying Tenno. We cannot allow it to exist for longer than we have to. I've modified it with a self-destruct feature that will trigger after a single use to ensure no more like it can be made once it has served its purpose. We have only one shot at this, Tenno. Make it count."

Odris: "Please be careful, Operator. --Odris would be very displeased if this Void Disruptor were to malfunction and make Operator abandon Odris again.-- Objective location confirmed. Odris wishes you luck --in making that accursed Vor suffer for what he did to me--"

(In Mailbox, players will receive the following message:

---

Intercepted transmission from the Queens:

Your ability to disappoint continues to amaze us. You offer us salvation, and you bring us mad ramblings and an old Orokin Void Key. You promise us an army of warrior-gods, but you give us naught but a pile of corpses. You brag this so-called Janus Key has granted you apotheoses, yet you fail to notice the Betrayers slaughtering your forces right under your nose until it is too late.

You held such promise, Vor; when our surveillance teams brought word that you had returned, not only alive but wearing a functioning Warframe of Grineer make, we thought it a bad joke.

But then a figure stood before us, its body a fusion of Grineer and Orokin technology; trailing behind it were Grineer raiding ships laden with fresh Corpus plunder. Its face was as blank as those of the Betrayers, but it spoke mouthlessly in the voice of the late Captain Vor... and proceeded to prove our suspicions were correct.

There is still hope for you yet, however. If your claims of strength and immortality are in fact more than the mad ravings of a brain-damaged reject held thrall to an old piece of Orokin scrap metal, then you could still prove useful to us. Find and kill the Tenno that disgraced you so many times before, and you may yet regain our favor.

end transmission

---

Mission- Assassination: Defeat Vor.

At start of mission:

Lotus: "According to Vor's broadcast, he should be waiting for you nearby.

During mission at random:

"Keep in mind that destroying his Warframe will only force him to equip a new one; to truly defeat Vor you must weaken his current Warframe enough that you can safely attach the Void Disruptor to him and destroy him."

"Be careful Tenno, Vor's Warframes may be disposable, but that does not make them weak. This is not the same Vor you defeated on Earth; you're dealing with a whole new monster."

"If the Void Disruptor fails to kill Vor, nothing will stand between the Grineer and total galactic conquest. We can't let that happen, Tenno. There is no room for error on this mission."

Upon reaching Vor:

Vor: "At last you have come, Tenno. By the might of the Janus Key, I will make you pay for your insolence!"

---

Vor's abilities:

Machete: Used mainly to counter melee attacks, though forcing him to parry at medium to close range with an rapid-fire weapon may be used to create openings for your or allied attacks.

Seer Pistol: Used mainly at long range.

Concussion Grenades: Used at short to medium range.

Void Jaunt: Same as before. Used to change position at regular intervals, best bet is just to watch for the yellow glow and brace yourself for whatever he might do at that range.

Proximity Mines: Same as before, only now made more dangerous since you can't just leave the room they are in.

Channel the Void: Used at short to medium range. Targets a single Tenno, leaving him vulnerable to any allies for the duration of the effect.

Unstoppable Force: Because letting him Darth Vader you to walls with a directional energy field any earlier would have been too frustrating. Used whenever Vor is "downed" to knock players away from him while he recovers. Tenno caught against a wall or solid object by the effect take damage over time until they can escape by moving laterally against the obstruction to get out of the barrier. Hitscan projectiles fired "against the flow" as it were deal reduced damage, and non-hitscan "solid" projectiles are halted completely. This effect lasts for only a short while before it dissipates, usually the time it takes Vor to recover.

Call Backup: Used when Vor is "downed" to summon random Corrupted enemies. Summoned Corrupted remain in play until killed.

Notes: Vor in this battle fights like a combination of his "Mercury Boss" iteration and his "Void Boss" iteration plus the addition of a few new abilities. Like the Mercury version, you have to "down" Vor three times before you can beat him, and also like the Mercury version his entire body is vulnerable to damage, unlike the Void version. Vor may still block or deflect attacks from the front with his machete if you are too close, but he does not remain his defense after teleporting and cannot block during attack animations.

Each time Vor is downed (health reduced to 0) he will surround himself with an impenetrable forcefield, summon backup units (Corrupted, in this case) and cast Unstoppable Force toward the nearest Tenno, briefly removing him from the fight as his health recovers. Once it's back up, all defenses save any remaining Corrupted will disappear and the fight resumes as normal. The exception to this is the third time Vor is downed, where Vor will not recover health or get up from his kneeling position and the Lotus will prompt the players to attach the Void Disruptor to Vor, with a command prompt to execute this action appearing when players get up close to him. Vor will remain in this position for roughly 30 seconds, after which Vor's Warframe will explode and he will respawn with a new one, restarting the battle from the beginning. At least one player must reach Vor and attach the Disruptor before this happens.

--

Possible lines spoken by Lotus when Vor is nearly defeated (one selected at random):

"Now is your chance, Tenno! Use the Void Disruptor!"

"He's down! Attach the Disruptor before he can recover!"

"That's enough! Finish him off with the Disruptor, Tenno!"

After executing the finisher prompt:

(The Void Disruptor, a hybrid Corpus/Orokin tech clamp-like device, is affixed to Vor's chest, causing him to stand up and stagger about in obvious pain as golden electricity crackles around his Warframe. A cutscene then triggers:

*Vor staggers back, clutching his chest and crying out in pain*

Vor: "It... burns... Tenno, what have you done?!"

*as Vor continues to writhe in pain, a golden energy projection of Vor's original form begins to separate from and hover over his Warframe, continuing his movements as the Frame itself limply follows after them*

Vor: "This.. this is not over... not yet... I am... eternal!

*Vor's image begins to flicker*

Vor: I.. will... have... my vengeance...!

*with a final cry of pain, Vor's image goes blurry, then sputters out into a cloud of golden light particles that fade within moments. His Warframe collapses to the floor, lifeless, before the Void Disruptor detonates, severing it in two in the same manner as Vor's original body*

End cutscene)

After boss fight:

Lotus: "You did it, Tenno. The Void Disruptor served its purpose. The Janus Key seems to have gone inert as well; it appears Vor's essence is no longer bound to it. Vor is dead, Tenno; we're done here. Get to extraction."

At extraction:

"Vor may be no more, but we can't rest just yet. We still have more work to do."

Unique Mission Reward: Janus Warframe blueprint

Tenth mission (epilogue 1)- Sabotage- destroy Grineer Warframe factories

Before mission:

Odris: "Odris is happy to see --that dog Vor die in unspeakable agony again-- Operator is still okay."

Lotus: "Without Vor to wield them, the Grineer Warframes should no longer pose a threat, but even so, we cannot allow that technology to remain in their possession. We must destroy all information the Grineer currently possess on Warframe creation, as well as their means of production. I've located one such facility still in use, destroy their equipment and wipe their databases clean.

Mission: Sabotage- destroy Grineer manufacturing equipment

Lotus: "I have already dispatched Tenno operatives to the remaining Warframe factories. Without Vor coordinating these facilities, it should all be downhill from here."

At first objective:

"This machinery is still intact, the Grineer aren't planning ahead like before. We'll just have to destroy it ourselves"

After last objective:

"Good work. Now all that's left is to raid their database. Find a terminal."

Objective changes to Spy- retrieve Grineer datamass

Once Datamass is collected:

"This Grineer design is crude, but with some modification it may prove useful to our own forces. Get to extraction Tenno. We're not done quite yet."

At extraction:

"The other Tenno operatives have confirmed destruction of the remaining facilities. Now we just need to finish off Vor's followers."

Special Mission Reward: Janus Helmet Blueprint

Eleventh mission (epilogue 2)- Exterminate- Wipe out Vor's followers

Before mission:

Lotus: "With Vor dead, his followers have fallen into disarray without his guidance. Intel suggests they are all trying to regroup at their original Void outpost to plan their next move. Every Grineer that remains of Vor's little cult will be there, Tenno. We couldn't ask for a better opportunity. Let's wipe them out in one fell swoop."

Mission: Exterminate- Wipe out Vor's followers

At start of mission:

"The Grineer appear to be making preparations for another Void jump. I suspect they may be trying to search for Vor. Don't let any of them escape into the Void, Tenno. Finish them off."

At objective complete:

"That was the last one, Tenno. Nicely done. Come on back."

At extraction:

"It's finally over, Tenno. Mission accomplished."

Special Mission Reward: Janus Chassis Blueprint

Twelfth mission (epilogue 3)- Hijack- Raid Grineer supply cache

Before mission:

Lotus: "We've done it, Tenno. Vor and his followers have been exterminated, the Grineer no longer possess the means to produce Warframes, and Vor's backup Warframes are being located and destroyed as we speak. You can rest for now, Tenno. You've earned it."

Darvo: "Tenno? Is this a bad time? I have a favor to ask of you. Don't worry, this is another one of those favors where there's something in it for you too, just hear me out.

The Corpus have finally discovered the Grineer stronghold where Vor's trove of stolen merchandise ended up, and are already storming the gates trying to take back their wares. The Grineer forces stationed there are proving to be a handful, though, they could use a little help. If you could lend them a hand and help me recover my stolen inventory, I could make it worth your while. No need to tell the Lotus, though, this will be our little secret."

Mission: Hijack- Protect Darvo's merchandise

At start of mission:

Darvo: "A few associates of mine have already found all my wares and loaded them up for shipping, but they're having a little trouble getting it off-planet. Lend them a hand, would you?"

(mission proceeds as a Corpus vs Grineer Hijack mission, with Darvo replacing Lotus as radio contact)

Upon finding the Payload, in this case a Corpus storage crate instead of a Fomorian Core:

Darvo: "I have, uh, good news and bad news, Tenno. The good news is my merchandise is already on a freight crane ready to be take it to the loading bay! The bad news is those Grineer have busted up the crane and you're going to need to manually push it to the loading dock before it breaks and dumps all my wares. So... good luck?

Said while pushing the payload:

Progress made-

"You're making good progress, Tenno, but could you perhaps be a little faster? Not to be rude, but I kinda have my whole career hanging on that crate..."

"Careful now, gently, gently- GENTLY!! Oh, that was close."

"Argh, curse you and your creators, can't you even do your own job right? Oh, not you Tenno, I was yelling at the crane. Stupid Grineer machine- don't these dogs know what "Fragile" even means?

Payload taking damage-

"Easy, Tenno! Don't let it break! I can't pay you if you drop it!"

"My wares! Protect the crane, Tenno!"

"Hurry Tenno, I don't think it'll hold much longer! Uh.. push faster! For the love of Profit PUSH FASTER!!!"

Final Stretch:

"That's it, come to Darvo..."

Darvo: "You've saved my merchandise! Just bring it out of Grineer space and I'll send a ship to pick it up. I'll have to make this up to you later. ...much later."

Special Mission Reward: Janus Systems Blueprint

After mission:

Darvo: "I'm grateful for all you've done, but with my accounts in the condition they're in it will be quite some time before I can do you any more favors. That Void Disruptor of yours was more expensive than you think; making up my losses will be difficult. Still, seeing what it did to Vor in the end? Worth every credit."

Reward Warframe:

Janus: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/270742-grineer-warframe-janus/

Edited by Cobalt313

Would be a nice thing to fill in the void of no Grineer-themed frames. We have Valkyr for Corpus, and (presumably) Saryn for Infested. A Grineer tech frame would be very cool, if they could find an ideal role for it to fill.

Would be a nice thing to fill in the void of no Grineer-themed frames. We have Valkyr for Corpus, and (presumably) Saryn for Infested. A Grineer tech frame would be very cool, if they could find an ideal role for it to fill.

That was the problem I had- I could think of a somewhat epic way to introduce a Grineer frame that was more than just "tortured Grineer experiment totally not Valkyr lol", but I couldn't think of exactly what this Frame would do or what its abilities would be. I know story-wise it was supposed to be used by Vor, but I think it should still have at least some abilities different from his. Perhaps a more defensive/tank role since Vor would want a body the Tenno couldn't just cleave in two like last time?

I just wanted to say +1 for some originality with a Grineer frame; I think it's something the players/fans want. If you'd like some more indepth feedback, please read the wall of text below.

Personally, I think that the Grineer actually creating a Warframe is not something that should happen. If the Grineer get that close once, they'll likely be able to do it again. How many times can the Tenno stop them before they actually succeed? As far as we can tell, no new Tenno are being born or created; each one lost is a permanent casualty. The Tenno's numbers are growing in the present because more are being reawakened, but eventually the population will plateau. As it stands, the Tenno have superior skill and technology. They do not have superior numbers or socioeconomic influence relative to the Grineer (or Corpus). The Grineer have seemingly limitless breeding capabilities. If they were able to create fully functioning frames, the Tenno would need an equivalent technological advance to re-balance the scales. That said, perhaps that is the direction you were planning on going anyway?

My solution to the above would be this: only Tenno can physically operate a Warframe. For some biological reason, no other race (apart from the Orokin, a la Stalker) can equip a frame. This would mean that even if the Grineer could master production, they could not use whole Warframes in a combat situation. I would preempt Zanuka as a counterargument and say that she is made out of harvested Frames, which were already functioning and being worn by Tenno at the time of harvesting. Zanuka likely could not be built from scratch.

I don't mean to derail your questline though. Were you to use my suggestion, only a couple details would change. Instead of the Grineer manufacturing a frame, they could have found an improperly maintained/damaged cryopod. They are attempting to revive/repair the frame and brainwash and/or clone the Tenno for their own purposes. Assuming they repaired the frame with their own tech, but were unable to revive the Tenno, a new Grineer frame would be available and the player could shut down the operation and bring the fallen Tenno back to the Lotus for a proper burial.

Again, take all or none of this, and with a grain of salt if you do.

If you're looking for suggestions on abilities and playstyles, the fan concept forum is rife with Grineer concepts, my own included. A Grineer frame would likely be heavier/tankier and with some offensive skills. It would also likely have some support capabilities as the Grineer design their armies to fight in large numbers. I've seen other users suggest Rollers/Seekers, grenades, napalm, rockets and AoE stomps as abilities. If you'd like to use my own ideas as inspiration, feel free to take a look at my post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/262431-legion-grineer-frame-now-with-art/

I just wanted to say +1 for some originality with a Grineer frame; I think it's something the players/fans want. If you'd like some more indepth feedback, please read the wall of text below.

Personally, I think that the Grineer actually creating a Warframe is not something that should happen. If the Grineer get that close once, they'll likely be able to do it again. How many times can the Tenno stop them before they actually succeed? As far as we can tell, no new Tenno are being born or created; each one lost is a permanent casualty. The Tenno's numbers are growing in the present because more are being reawakened, but eventually the population will plateau. As it stands, the Tenno have superior skill and technology. They do not have superior numbers or socioeconomic influence relative to the Grineer (or Corpus). The Grineer have seemingly limitless breeding capabilities. If they were able to create fully functioning frames, the Tenno would need an equivalent technological advance to re-balance the scales. That said, perhaps that is the direction you were planning on going anyway?

My solution to the above would be this: only Tenno can physically operate a Warframe. For some biological reason, no other race (apart from the Orokin, a la Stalker) can equip a frame. This would mean that even if the Grineer could master production, they could not use whole Warframes in a combat situation. I would preempt Zanuka as a counterargument and say that she is made out of harvested Frames, which were already functioning and being worn by Tenno at the time of harvesting. Zanuka likely could not be built from scratch.

I don't mean to derail your questline though. Were you to use my suggestion, only a couple details would change. Instead of the Grineer manufacturing a frame, they could have found an improperly maintained/damaged cryopod. They are attempting to revive/repair the frame and brainwash and/or clone the Tenno for their own purposes. Assuming they repaired the frame with their own tech, but were unable to revive the Tenno, a new Grineer frame would be available and the player could shut down the operation and bring the fallen Tenno back to the Lotus for a proper burial.

Again, take all or none of this, and with a grain of salt if you do.

If you're looking for suggestions on abilities and playstyles, the fan concept forum is rife with Grineer concepts, my own included. A Grineer frame would likely be heavier/tankier and with some offensive skills. It would also likely have some support capabilities as the Grineer design their armies to fight in large numbers. I've seen other users suggest Rollers/Seekers, grenades, napalm, rockets and AoE stomps as abilities. If you'd like to use my own ideas as inspiration, feel free to take a look at my post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/262431-legion-grineer-frame-now-with-art/

That part about the Grineer not being able to use Warframes would actually be a plot point; when you discover the Grineer already had a considerable cache of Warframes already produced, Lotus would probably wonder why they're just hoarding them in stasis rather than trying to deploy them. Only Vor was able to use them because as after the Janus Key turned him into Void energy he had become something akin to a Tenno in his own right, the ones in storage were pretty much just backup bodies for him. Granted, he could have turned more Grineer into beings like him with the Janus Key, but either due to your interference, the destruction of the other Frames, Vor's own pride, or something about the process killing most subjects with Vor's excuse being they were "not worthy" or something he didn't manage to do that much. So yeah, your point about the Grineer not being able to use Warframes despite their ability to manufacture them is valid and already accounted for.

Your point about the scarcity of Tenno is also why the Void Disruptor is so dangerous: any Tenno permadeth would be a significant hit to their forces on account of how rare they are and how there's only a finite number. Fortunately, unlike the Grineer, whoever was in charge of its development wasn't as diligent in backing up their data or as crazy-prepared as Vor was: once you get their prototype and destroy their files, that's it for them. They probably wouldn't have wanted to go public with it either since Vor would have taken offense to this apparent (and totally real) act of betrayal, and Tenno are already enough of a handful for the Corpus when they aren't also mad Grineer zealots. That and the rest of the Corpus might have objected to the project since they consider Orokin technology sacred and a weapon specifically designed to permanently permakill the Orokin-created Tenno would be considered blasphemous by some.

As for the Frame itself, I might go ahead and take a look at some of your ideas if you're offering. Appearance-wise though I was thinking it should mix Grineer and Orokin parts somewhat like Vor's Seer pistol.

just saying if they add this they better add a roller sentenial. totally baddass idea btw

That... I could totally see that.

Precepts:

-Steamroll: charges into nearby enemies in range

-Jump: launches itself upward into enemies to stagger them

Weapon:

-Shredder: melee weapon. High slash/puncture damage.

Basically this questline will start with you investigating some unusual Grineer activity- seems they've been going to and from the Void unusually frequently- that the Grineer may have discovered the secret to the creation of Warframes. The Lotus will have none of this and sends you on missions to destroy, steal, or sabotage any information or technology the Grineer possess that they could use to commit this blasphemy, but something seems wrong at every location you attack. You plant a virus to destroy information in Grineer databases? It all gets replaced after the virus has run its course. You attack a production center? They all seem to have moved out before you got there, leaving nothing but traps and soldiers for you to deal with. You capture what you thought was a VIP crucial to the whole operation? Dude's a raving lunatic that sounds more like a mad cultist than any sort of Grineer scientist or dignitary. Finally you triangulate from all the other places you hit where everything seems to be going: a Grineer outpost hiding near an entrance to the Void. Looks like you hit the jackpot- once you break in you discover that the Grineer had successfully developed a sort of Warframe of their own, and had been keeping several of these abominations here in stasis as well as backups of everything they needed to produce them- though they had been using a decentralized production system in order to throw off attempts to thwart them. You destroy the outpost and everything inside it, thinking you've finally won, when a comm transmission informs you otherwise. The face is one of the "Grineerframes" you thought you just destroyed, but the voice is none other than Captain Vor's!

It turns out Vor, thanks to his link to the Void via the Janus Key, had gained access to much of the Orokin's secret knowledge, the least of which was how to produce Warframes. He had also managed to make contact with several Grineer Void expeditions, brainwashed them, and sent them back home with instructions to produce a new vessel for him as well as spread his influence. Vor was immortal in the Void, and through this immortality he could always share the secrets of Warframes with his fellow Grineer, and by assisting in the production of additional husk bodies he could be immortal in the real world as well. It seems as if the Grineer had finally won.

But as if this weren't enough, a scout team spying on the Corpus returns with some disturbing intel.

It seems partly through independent research and partly through dealings with the Grineer, the Corpus had also learned some of the Tenno's secrets, specifically of their nature as beings of the Void and how they are channeled through their Warframes. Their hatred for the Tenno and their mistrust of the Grineer led to the development of a powerful new weapon- one designed specifically to counter Warframes: the Void Disruptor. From what little intel the scout team found, the Lotus learns this device is designed to disrupt and dispel Void energy signatures in order to sever a Tenno from its Warframe, either permanently banishing them to the Void or destroying them outright. While this could spell the end of the Tenno should the Corpus manage to finish development, the Lotus sees opportunity where others see adversity, and may have a way to kill two birds with one stone.

You are then assigned to steal the plans for the Void Disruptor as well as the unfinished prototype, then capture the engineers working on it and destroy the rest of their work to ensure the Corpus would never be able to complete or replicate their work. After interrogating the engineers, Lotus is now confident she could complete this device and use it against Vor, so she leaves you to assemble it in your Foundry using materials you possessed or stole from Grineer and Corpus resource caches throughout the System. Long story short, you eventually finish it, lure Vor into a trap (or intentionally fall into one of his), you fight him until he's weakened enough that you can use the Void Disruptor on him, he swears vengeance as he is exorcised from his Warframe and presumably destroyed, you destroy the Disruptor, the Tenno can finally clean up the Grineer's Warframe research now that Vor can't put it all back, everything's relatively hunky-dory again. But wait! The Lotus had kept some of the Grineer's Warframe research, and has discovered how to make new ones modified for use by Tenno! Quest complete, new Warframe awarded!

So yeah, not sure exactly what this new Grineerframe would work like or if anyone with a name would be on that Corpus engineering team, but this is the general idea I had for a Quest story. I could at least imagine the Frame looking like it was made with a collaboration of Grineer and Orokin tech, though. Any suggestions or feedback?

Basically this questline will start with you investigating some unusual Grineer activity- seems they've been going to and from the Void unusually frequently- that the Grineer may have discovered the secret to the creation of Warframes. The Lotus will have none of this and sends you on missions to destroy, steal, or sabotage any information or technology the Grineer possess that they could use to commit this blasphemy, but something seems wrong at every location you attack. You plant a virus to destroy information in Grineer databases? It all gets replaced after the virus has run its course. You attack a production center? They all seem to have moved out before you got there, leaving nothing but traps and soldiers for you to deal with. You capture what you thought was a VIP crucial to the whole operation? Dude's a raving lunatic that sounds more like a mad cultist than any sort of Grineer scientist or dignitary. Finally you triangulate from all the other places you hit where everything seems to be going: a Grineer outpost hiding near an entrance to the Void. Looks like you hit the jackpot- once you break in you discover that the Grineer had successfully developed a sort of Warframe of their own, and had been keeping several of these abominations here in stasis as well as backups of everything they needed to produce them- though they had been using a decentralized production system in order to throw off attempts to thwart them. You destroy the outpost and everything inside it, thinking you've finally won, when a comm transmission informs you otherwise. The face is one of the "Grineerframes" you thought you just destroyed, but the voice is none other than Captain Vor's!

It turns out Vor, thanks to his link to the Void via the Janus Key, had gained access to much of the Orokin's secret knowledge, the least of which was how to produce Warframes. He had also managed to make contact with several Grineer Void expeditions, brainwashed them, and sent them back home with instructions to produce a new vessel for him as well as spread his influence. Vor was immortal in the Void, and through this immortality he could always share the secrets of Warframes with his fellow Grineer, and by assisting in the production of additional husk bodies he could be immortal in the real world as well. It seems as if the Grineer had finally won.

But as if this weren't enough, a scout team spying on the Corpus returns with some disturbing intel.

It seems partly through independent research and partly through dealings with the Grineer, the Corpus had also learned some of the Tenno's secrets, specifically of their nature as beings of the Void and how they are channeled through their Warframes. Their hatred for the Tenno and their mistrust of the Grineer led to the development of a powerful new weapon- one designed specifically to counter Warframes: the Void Disruptor. From what little intel the scout team found, the Lotus learns this device is designed to disrupt and dispel Void energy signatures in order to sever a Tenno from its Warframe, either permanently banishing them to the Void or destroying them outright. While this could spell the end of the Tenno should the Corpus manage to finish development, the Lotus sees opportunity where others see adversity, and may have a way to kill two birds with one stone.

You are then assigned to steal the plans for the Void Disruptor as well as the unfinished prototype, then capture the engineers working on it and destroy the rest of their work to ensure the Corpus would never be able to complete or replicate their work. After interrogating the engineers, Lotus is now confident she could complete this device and use it against Vor, so she leaves you to assemble it in your Foundry using materials you possessed or stole from Grineer and Corpus resource caches throughout the System. Long story short, you eventually finish it, lure Vor into a trap (or intentionally fall into one of his), you fight him until he's weakened enough that you can use the Void Disruptor on him, he swears vengeance as he is exorcised from his Warframe and presumably destroyed, you destroy the Disruptor, the Tenno can finally clean up the Grineer's Warframe research now that Vor can't put it all back, everything's relatively hunky-dory again. But wait! The Lotus had kept some of the Grineer's Warframe research, and has discovered how to make new ones modified for use by Tenno! Quest complete, new Warframe awarded!

So yeah, not sure exactly what this new Grineerframe would work like or if anyone with a name would be on that Corpus engineering team, but this is the general idea I had for a Quest story. I could at least imagine the Frame looking like it was made with a collaboration of Grineer and Orokin tech, though. Any suggestions or feedback?

That was not what I meant to do...

Anyone else have any ideas or feedback about the Grineer frame itself? Considering it was intended for use by Vor I could imagine it may have some of the abilities his Void incarnation used, but most of them (except maybe the burst teleport and that key laser) are more or less re-skins of existing Warframe abilities. I'm also having trouble thinking of notable instances of Grineer tech that aren't already represented by obtainable weapons... 

So far so good. But now that Vor has a Warframe and is going to present himself to the the Queens, I guess we have to intercept and kill him first, right?

Edited by Seido

Sweet... You can get the blueprints as mission rewards immediately. Definitely better that way. Still, Janus Warframe. I guess that fits. But who will take over as the boss of the void now that Vor is gone?

Sweet... You can get the blueprints as mission rewards immediately. Definitely better that way. Still, Janus Warframe. I guess that fits. But who will take over as the boss of the void now that Vor is gone?

He'll probably still show up in Tower IV missions anyway, much like how any other boss still appears at their designated area after you've killed them.

I just realized I didn't really describe Vor's abilities anywhere in this thread. Should I make a new section for it, or just describe the powers he uses in each encounter and only mention new ones he gets in subsequent encounters?