Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Way Of Getting A Kubrow Egg In Howl Of The Kubrow/earth Missions (Along With Howl Of The Kubrow Improvements)

Renegade343

Hello all, 

This thread will detail a small feedback and proposal about retrieving Kubrow eggs in the Howl of the Kubrow quest and normal Earth missions, and improvements to the Howl of the Kubrow quest in general. The content is below: 

From a small poll I created, the general consensus is that Kubrows are not early-game, as it requires lots of credit upkeep, resources and time to take care of it, and yet the quest starter is in Venus, an early-game planet. What I suggest is to move the quest starter to Jupiter instead, after beating Alad V, meaning new players would have already have some new weapons, some upgraded (Damaged) mods, a way (or two) of obtaining credits reliably and at least know the basics of the game better (where to get Void Keys and such), which would then allow them to transition nicely into the Void for obtaining Argon Crystals. However, the total credit cost of an Incubator Power Core will still be decreased to 100,000 credits (75,000 blueprint cost, then 25,000 crafting cost). 

Another improvement would be to alter the chance of getting a Kubrow Egg from the Earth quest mission, as players have reported that they have not retrieved a Kubrow egg even after 20+ runs, as well as adding another way to obtain the Kubrow egg. First, the percentage is as thus: 

First time the player runs the quest: Kubrow Dens have a 33% of dropping a Kubrow Egg. 

Second time the player runs the quest: Kubrow Dens have a 67% of dropping a Kubrow Egg. 

Third time the player runs the quest: Kubrow Dens have a 100% of dropping a Kubrow Egg.

Once one Kubrow Egg is dropped from a den, the quest will not make any more Kubrow Dens drop a Kubrow Egg. And after this quest mission, all Kubrow Dens on all Earth missions will have a chance (say 10-20%?) of dropping a Kubrow Egg. 

To obtain Kubrow Eggs, players will have to destroy Kubrow dens. Now, that is an alright mechanic and all, but some players may feel a bit too sensitive about destroying Kubrow dens (as to why would be for another topic altogether). Thus, my solution is that we add another option for players to search the Kubrow den without destroying it to retrieve a Kubrow egg, which can be done by going near a Kubrow den and pressing the action button. The animation time of searching the Kubrow den would be around 0.75-1.00s, and if the player successfully finds one, the bottom of the screen will say, 'Kubrow Egg +1". Each den can be searched only once. All dens can only give out one egg, either by searching or destroying the den (meaning if a player successfully finds a Kubrow egg by searching the den, then he/she will not gain another Kubrow egg from destroying said searched den).

Finally, do allow quest missions to be optional, like the Nightmare mission option screen, meaning players can press either the quest mission button to do the quest mission, or do the normal/alert/Nightmare mission instead.

With these additions, I hope to make another choice for more sensitive players in their quest to obtain a Kubrow for themselves, or for people who like to immerse themselves into the game and choose to act kindly towards animals, as well as making this quest flow more smoothly and making it more focused (more mid-game).

Please take the time to read through this thread, and give constructive feedback and criticism so that it can be improved. 

Renegade343

To see my other threads, please go to my profile.

Edited by Renegade343

This game is rated Mature for violence and gore.
If a player is "too sensitive" about destroying a virtual mound of dirt and logs that homes virtual wolves, they shouldn't play.

I'm sorry but I think it should stay as is.

Not to mention, a 100% chance on the third mission?
It's a rare drop, it took me 25+ runs for it.

Edited by EverythingNagato

This game is rated Mature for violence and gore.

If a player is "too sensitive" about destroying a virtual mound of dirt and logs that homes virtual wolves, they shouldn't play.

I'm sorry but I think it should stay as is.

It is just another option, if players want it. 

In fact, speaking of that, I think I should just make the percentages the same as destroying the Kubrow den, so that it is more about ethical and personal moral choice, rather than risk-vs-reward choice. 

Not to mention, a 100% chance on the third mission?

It's a rare drop, it took me 25+ runs for it.

Players have complained that this mission is the most tedious mission, simply because there are two layers of RNG, with the second one being quite harsh: 

1. RNG to determine the number of dens that spawn.

2. RNG to determine if the den drops an egg. 

Removing, or at least vastly lessening, one layer of RNG will help to make new and veteran players more motivated to continue the quest. Of course, we can compensate all other players before this change was implemented with either some platinum or a free Kubrow starter kit with some mods.

Edited by Renegade343

I do think that running that F%$*in mission 30 times to get 1 egg is way too excessive and I wasn't gonna spend any plat on this animal considering the stories of ppl having their pet killed on spawn in Terminus Mercury .. Arc Traps...

I think 3 Runs is really a more decent quantity of grinding for what you get.  Heck even 10 runs would be ok but 30... Get F%$#ed !   If this kubrow dies I think i'll just wait till I chance get another egg unless the pet is so amazing I forget what life was like before I had one...

Some players have reported not getting an egg even after 20+ runs. 

This is meant to cater to every player present and future players.

Now we just need the devs to read this... because of this goddamn quest overwriting the Catalyst alert on E.Prime I couldn't get the catalyst, and what was the compensation? For now, jackS#&$. DE probably doesn't know that quests overwrite alerts if they're in the same node, which should be the other way around.

I'm seriously annoyed by this quest, it's a 31 and counting run chore that gives off no results and even gave me a penalty of not being able to complete an alert with a good blueprint for a useful item for high-end weapons, and which I needed badly.

So, unless I have the extreme 0.00001% chance of getting a Sahasa Kubrow with the white Lotus pattern on it's forehead, I'm not going to be happy to lose that catalyst without compensation, my dear DE.

Edited by HankMadness64

My only complaint is saying this quest is designed for new players who just finished Venus. You forgot that you have to go to Elara which is in Jupiter which is more midgame than earlygame, and by that time a player is likely to have a void key, decent gear and decent knowledge of the game to tackle T1 Void to get an Argon Crystal.

If by some chance a player doesn't have a void key there should probably be a T1 defence/survival key (because in my experience they're the easiest to gain an Argon Crystal for new guys or mid guys) given to a player upon getting the Demon Puppy (Kubrow) egg so they may obtain an Argon Crystal for the power core thingy (already forgot what it's called, I blame Destiny Beta for being so addictive).

My only gripe with the above is how god damn rare the bloody things are, however if we increase the spawn rate of Argon Crystals the above suggestion will also introduce players to the void if they haven't already.

Edited by Ninjaboy00

My only complaint is saying this quest is designed for new players who just finished Venus. You forgot that you have to go to Elara which is in Jupiter which is more midgame than earlygame, and by that time a player is likely to have a void key, decent gear and decent knowledge of the game to tackle T1 Void to get an Argon Crystal.

If by some chance a player doesn't have a void key there should probably be a T1 defence/survival key (because n my experience they're the easiest to gain an Argon Crystal for new guys or mid guys) given to a player upon getting the Demon Puppy (Kubrow) egg so they may obtain an Argon Crystal for the power core thingy (already forgot what it's called, I blame Destiny Beta for being so addictive).

My only gripe with the above is how god damn rare the bloody things are, however if we increase the spawn rate of Argon Crystals the above suggestion will also introduce players to the void if they haven't already.

I think it would be best to get them to complete Mars (and maybe Jupiter), get some upgrades, then start introducing them to the Void.

Besides, I have a quest concept for Mars to further increase player progression, if you would like to see it.

Edited by Renegade343

I think it would be best to get them to complete Mars (and maybe Jupiter), get some upgrades, then start introducing them to the Void.

Besides, I have a quest concept for Mars to further increase player progression, if you would like to see it.

true true, probably best to introduce them to things one step at a time the dumping everything on them at once, and that way the quest won't just be Codex filler for 3-4 planets (now I have no idea how many planets Jupiter is away, dammit I need to go onto my new player alt again)

true true, probably best to introduce them to things one step at a time the dumping everything on them at once, and that way the quest won't just be Codex filler for 3-4 planets (now I have no idea how many planets Jupiter is away, dammit I need to go onto my new player alt again)

I thought you get the Jupiter Nav Coordinates when you defeat the Jackal. 

EDIT: And I do think having an Argon Crystal to build the Incubator is a bit too steep, for the new players. Maybe for something else once the new player has upgraded their weapons?

Edited by Renegade343

I thought you get the Jupiter Nav Coordinates when you defeat the Jackal. 

EDIT: And I do think having an Argon Crystal to build the Incubator is a bit too steep, for the new players. Maybe for something else once the new player has upgraded their weapons?

You get Mars and Saturn I believe, I don't know since I already had the planets unlocked which makes it difficult to keep track of what boss drops which segment, I'll run Jackal again when I'm back on my PC as right now I'm on my phone

It seems everything that is new lately either requires Argon Crystals or Forma, but a quest to introduce new players to the void is kinda a no brainer, so I agree

You get Mars and Saturn I believe, I don't know since I already had the planets unlocked which makes it difficult to keep track of what boss drops which segment, I'll run Jackal again when I'm back on my PC as right now I'm on my phone

It seems everything that is new lately either requires Argon Crystals or Forma, but a quest to introduce new players to the void is kinda a no brainer, so I agree

I done the Jackal assassination myself, and I got Mars and Jupiter Nav Coordinates.

While that is true, I do want to make players have powerful enough weapons and mods to tackle T1 Void, for starters, which is why I had written a concept of getting upgrades for MK-1 weapons and damaged mods from doing a quest, primarily set in Mars and ends with the assassination of Sergeant Nef Anyo.

is it currently (or atleast was) possible to get argon on mercury (this may have been a bug but both me and a friend got single argon crystals when running missions om mercury)

From what I hear, yes (but as to the drop rate, I am not too sure, nor am I sure if it is a bug).

I done the Jackal assassination myself, and I got Mars and Jupiter Nav Coordinates.

While that is true, I do want to make players have powerful enough weapons and mods to tackle T1 Void, for starters, which is why I had written a concept of getting upgrades for MK-1 weapons and damaged mods from doing a quest, primarily set in Mars and ends with the assassination of Sergeant Nef Anyo.

ah, well that answers that, damn U14 messing around with the planet order!

first Sergeant Nef Anyo needs more Lore behind him, and to be more than a bigger sniper crewman with more health/shields and invis, then we can probably get a quest involving him (I would so love to fight Nef Anyo in a mech of some sort)

Edited by Ninjaboy00

I suppose to egg could be made a bit more common, maybe the same drop rate as Neurodes on Earth, but I still think the "search the kubrow den" idea is.. bad.

Just another option, as I said. Players can do it or not do it (by destroying the den instead to get the Kubrow egg). After all, the percentages are the same now, so it is more akin to personal moral and ethical choice. 

10%-20%? DE would sooner make potatoes tradeable. Did 40+ runs of not getting an Egg and destroying about 6 Dens per run before caving and buying the damn thing. I'd say increasing the Kubrow Egg drop chance to at least 1% would be extremely kind on their part.

10%-20%? DE would sooner make potatoes tradeable. Did 40+ runs of not getting an Egg and destroying about 6 Dens per run before caving and buying the damn thing. I'd say increasing the Kubrow Egg drop chance to at least 1% would be extremely kind on their part.

How about 2.5%? 1% is just too small (and I think that is the current percentage of the egg drop from dens). 

I would say they'd sooner make Stalker/Harvester/G3 actually show up more than once every 2 months, because I have plenty of potatoes... for now

the point is, some things in Warframe actually need to not rely on RNG, has horrible as that sounds it's true, we can't have every single feature determined by luck

I would say they'd sooner make Stalker/Harvester/G3 actually show up more than once every 2 months, because I have plenty of potatoes... for now

the point is, some things in Warframe actually need to not rely on RNG, has horrible as that sounds it's true, we can't have every single feature determined by luck

That gave me an idea. Hold on. 

I wholeheartedly agree with everything said here with one small adjustment,

Instead of searching and destroying kubrow dens, why not use the codex scanner? It would sure keep its worth around.

Maybe, but it feels a little bit weird in my opinion (I could understand extracts, but a full egg feels a bit immersive-breaking). I would prefer if Codex scanners gave Mastery Experience (and a good quantity to entice players) when fully filling an enemy Codex page, like some other members had proposed.