Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Command Kubrow Concept

Nirrti

So I came up with this after getting my very own adult kubrow, and doing some missions to see how it plays out, and to level it.

Simply put, my idea is to add a new keybind into the game that gives players ability to give their kubrow different commands, depending on the context. These commands would be Follow, Attack, and Guard.

So anyway, let's get down to it; The player would have a waypoint styled icon on their kubrows, and would only be visible to the player themselves. This icon would change color depending on the command, with the default being Follow (This would be what the kubrows currently do). To issue Follow, The Player would hold down the bound key for a short period, at which point the icon would become attached to the player's kubrow, as depicted in the image under:

KubrowFollowOrder.jpg

The second type of order would be Attack. To issue this command, player would point their crosshair at an enemy, and press the bound key, at which point the icon would be attached to that enemy and turn red, similar to normal enemy waypoints, as depicted below:

KubrowAttackOrder.jpg

Additionally, after the attack target is dead, the Kubrow would revert to Follow command.

The Third would be Guard. This command would be issued by pointing at any desirable location in the game world, at which point the icon would appear there, like waypoints do. When a kubrow is guarding, they attack any nearby enemies, and/or any enemies damaging them. The icon would look like as depicted below:

KubrowGuardOrder.jpg

Edited by Nirrti

I like it. But I'd like to see the fourth option in which he'll just do whatever he wants - look for stuff, attack whoever he wants, etc.

Well that's sort of what the Follow is, it would be the default thing that Kubrows currently do. I'll add that to the OP to avoid further confusion, though.

Edited by Nirrti

Well that's sort of what the Follow is, it would be the default thing that Kubrows currently do. I'll add that to the OP to avoid further confusion, though.

Oh, OK. It's just "Follow", for me, as a co-owner of a (kinda)trained dog, mean something like: "Walk few meters behind me and do nothing, just walk there".

TBH, I don't think making the Kubrow command system integrated into the waypoint system is a good idea, since waypoints are used for a lot of stuff. Having a command wheel I feel like would make commanding it a bit too cumbersome, when a single key press is enough, though :P