Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Genetic Scrambler = Waste Of Platinum

DzaKaaa

Genetic scrambler is in most of cases waste of plat. They should release Kubrow Color Palette and Kubrow Skins (Like immortal skins for Warframes) and let us pick. I wasted over 50 plat and didn't get anything better than default,so I give up.
I would rather pay for color palette and couple skins that I want ,instead of testing my bad luck and wasting bunch of plat.

I don't think the will do that. The system works with you getting the genetic imprint of the kubrow you want. I wish there were other possibilities than just other players to get those (dropping rarely in Void containers for example).

Genetic scrambler is in most of cases waste of plat. They should release Kubrow Color Palette and Kubrow Skins (Like immortal skins for Warframes) and let us pick. I wasted over 50 plat and didn't get anything better than default,so I give up.

I would rather pay for color palette and couple skins that I want ,instead of testing my bad luck and wasting bunch of plat.

Actually, I do like the idea of the genetic scrambler, but I think it should be instead credit-purchasable only, while a Precise genetic scrambler will be platinum-purchasable only, but will allow the player to pick and choose what pattern/colour/cosmetic trait he/she wants on his/her Kubrow. The patterns/colour/cosmetic traits that has not been previously spotted through the player's breeding/genetic scrambling will be saved to a tab akin to the Warframe colour palette (with tabs such as patterns, cosmetic traits etc.) for personal customisation on all of said player's Kubrow, free of charge.

As for the genetic template storer, it will only allow the player to select and store the patterns/colours/cosmetic traits that has already been identified, then allow the template to be traded.

Indeed! When I pay for something, I want to know what I'm paying for and get exactly what I paid for. That's why I don't buy mod packs - F that roulette.

What for inventing something that already exists? Make buyable palettes and skins for kubrows (name them "Color of Fur Genome Adjusters" or something) as they already exist for everything else in a game. This is just makes sense!

What DE seem to have been going for is to encourage people to breed Kubrows to get the patterns they like, I think. I'm not too interested in the genetics of it all so I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Still, I think the suggestion for a Precise Genetic Scramble paid with plat would ultimately be a good idea. Either that, or reduce the plat cost of the scrambler to, like, 5plat or less.

edit: Oh, here's a thought, have the Precise genetics be part of a genetic imprint, so that you still must breed a new kubrow to get the exact pattern?

Edited by Varzy

Actually, I do like the idea of the genetic scrambler, but I think it should be instead credit-purchasable only, while a Precise genetic scrambler will be platinum-purchasable only, but will allow the player to pick and choose what pattern/colour/cosmetic trait he/she wants on his/her Kubrow. The patterns/colour/cosmetic traits that has not been previously spotted through the player's breeding/genetic scrambling will be saved to a tab akin to the Warframe colour palette (with tabs such as patterns, cosmetic traits etc.) for personal customisation on all of said player's Kubrow, free of charge.

Or this!

DE, please, just... Just be a better than this.

edit: Oh, here's a thought, have the Precise genetics be part of a genetic imprint, so that you still must breed a new kubrow to get the exact pattern?

Interesting suggestion. We could definitely add that as well, so that players who want to get another Kubrow with a specific pattern would also benefit from this. I like that. 

EDIT: Would you mind if I acknowledge your addition and add it to my suggestion thread?

Edited by Renegade343

Interesting suggestion. We could definitely add that as well, so that players who want to get another Kubrow with a specific pattern would also benefit from this. I like that. 

EDIT: Would you mind if I acknowledge your addition and add it to my suggestion thread?

Sure, go ahead. Ideas are just ideas, what matters is if DE likes them or not.

PWE is very well known for their games to be pay to win, and have seen so many people to waste their money on things with so little chance at happening that if PWE realy comes to show their policies in this game i will leave this game to never return. In every single game of theirs at first it is money drain for new feature and then comes purchaseable items with 100% chance.

If it goes like i think it will  go I garantee that at later time there will be choosable patterns for plat. For now it is simple money grab trailing hypetrain, when the hype settles and ppl dont craze over patterns so much, to still make money of that scramble they will release your long awaited feature that you suggested, you'll be fools to think DE listened to your suggestions, it was  a strategy planned long before they announced kubrows.

Be realists and see a buisnes side of it more like PWE's the way of doing buisness.

Personaly I dont ever pay anything for cosmetics for i think the gain from those kind of purchases are so intangable its like im paying to see certain type dress on manekin in cloth store.

I've said it several times and I'll say it again: DE this practive of yours is dis.gus.ting.

One this is paying to skip grind times and for cosmetics (that we get to choose) but when you put real money as the only method of obtaining something, and having this something being RNG based only, I'm sorry guys but you better have a good explanation on this one.

Having paid RNG is BAD, specially when it comes to something such as customization.

Acknowledging it would at least give you some credit if DE(L) decides to use it. 

After all, you did spend some time thinking about it. 

I hate to admit this, but the color gamble is actually more akin to the PWE business model than we normally expect out of DE(L).

This is actually a little troubling...

Why do people keep calling them DE(L)?

With some added thought on the issue, if people could pay platinum to get exactly what breed and traits they wanted on a kubrow, not only could they bypass the whole breeding system that DE has created into place, but they could potentially create a powerful breed to sell on the Market as genetic imprints. Direct choice by any means sounds oike a very bad idea in the long-term.

Why do people keep calling them DE(L)?

Because: 

1. There are members who insist on calling the business DE.

2. There are members who insist on calling the business DEL.

Thus, I wrote down DE(L) to specify that the L is optional. You can read it as either DE or DEL.