Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe In (Almost) First-Person View

ntyd1s

So... I was looting Orokin Derelict ship doing usual acrobatic and stuff (without my nimble wall-bouncing technique that has just been removed ;___;) I opened menu to check the Golem Navs I got while I was doing slide-to-frontal-flip with scanner equipped, 2 Navs so far, checked. But after I closed the menu, the camera ended up in this position... (could neither revert nor reproduce this camera shift though)

Warframe0154.jpg

'Yay. I'm inside Trinity now! Let's parkour!' xD

Warframe0165.jpg

So I climbed on things.

Warframe0176.jpg

Ran on walls.

Warframe0180.jpg

Dive-kicked some crates.

Warframe0186.jpg

Warframe0187.jpg

Went to fight. The view was not perfect but not always obstructive as it may seem.

Warframe0190.jpg

Warframe0167.jpg

Threw glaive with better precision. Non-hitscan weapons would benefit from this. :D

Warframe0196.jpg

It would be cool to be able to switch to this PoV on the fly in some situations, like punch-through aiming, using mousewheel to adjust the camera or something.

• 2 weeks later...

The difficulty isn't from the adjustment of the camera. That can be done relatively quickly. Moreover, the in game objects are fine as is (most objects are about waist height anyways). The biggest difficulty, as some people have mentioned, is the flow and the overall "integration" of a fps. However, making it just a camera option rather than a playstyle doesn't sound bad, esp. those that would rather have a more "centered" camera angle.