Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Thought It'd Be A Good Idea To Have Three 12 Hour Waiting Times As Part Of A Mission?

Innocent_Flower

It's probably one of the worst things I've seen in warframe. How could this possibly be good game design? (mirage quest) Oh, from reading the comments a few people seem to not understand what I'm talking about; you need to build a part completely before you can do the mission for the next part. That's 38 hours (not including the final 3 day build). The mission just stops whilst it's building. 

I build frame parts when I've got them all. I don't have them all. I have one. I need to not only begin building this part, but I need to wait 12 hours before I can start the next part of the mission? Realy?

If I was the kinda guy who uses plat for everything, I'd have bought the frame outright. Evidently I'm not. And I refuse to go along with this awful strategy of "PAY PLAT BECAUSE YOU NEED TO RUSH". I have the plat;  I'm just not going to support your evil ways DE. In the kindest and most limited lexicon i can restrict myself too: Please stop doing things that call for dev bashing. I feel the need to rant. You could have done this better. Much better. I don't know how you forgot to think about stuff like this, but please think about stuff like this. You're not rewarding paying players, you're punishing those who don't pay. and with that mentality many players will think you don't deserve to be paid. It's not even GrindFrame anymore. It's WaitFrame now. Fix please. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

I have made a similar thread about this issue, people would just say

"Just buy it"

"Just rush it"

Etc etc.

It's complete bullcrap. No, I have more than enough to rush parts, get the next one. I do not wanna waste 25 plats just to proceed to the next part of a quest and I don't wanna wait 12 hours to do so. It's complete crap. I wouldn't mind something like, keep doing missions to find this part of a clue, do that mission etc. Not build a warframe part and wait 12 hours or pay 25 plats. I have yet to play a game where waiting is part of a quest.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/265480-u14s-timewall/

Edited by izzatuw

There's no difference between this and building any other frame, basically its the set standard that its 12 hours per part then 2 or 3 days for the final build, it always has been!!

At least in the mean time you can perhaps go farm Kubrow eggs, level your Kubrow, get the new stance for the new weapons, level the new pistols, get the new melee and use the stance that you've aquired, level it too, and perhaps by then your frame will be ready.. all in good time man, there's no need to rush it.

I understand your point of view, but every other warframe part takes 12 hours, the only difference is that with most you can get them all in a fairly short space of time. However, something else has to be thought of-will Mirage ALWAYS be obtainable through this specific quest line, or is she eventually going to be moved to a more traditional drop?

If the first, then perhaps the times should be reduced-I saw perhaps only.
Yes, waiting 12 hours to continue a quest is frustrating (especially when the third act bugged out on me anyway).

However, every other frame's parts take 12 hours to complete. why should mirage be any different?

If the second, then perhaps the amount of work to have her a shortened period now and then the traditional 12 hours once she gets moved (and to make sure that any blueprints in inventories are changed over with it) could be a problem. I'm no coder.

As stated above, going and doing something else in the meantime doesn't work badly at all.

Edited by SolarDwagon

There's no difference between this and building any other frame, basically its the set standard that its 12 hours per part then 2 or 3 days for the final build, it always has been!!

At least in the mean time you can perhaps go farm Kubrow eggs, level your Kubrow, get the new stance for the new weapons, level the new pistols, get the new melee and use the stance that you've aquired, level it too, and perhaps by then your frame will be ready.. all in good time man, there's no need to rush it.

Have you did hidden messages yet?

You HAVE to build one part to unlock the mission for the next one. Unlike other Warframe's where you can build all parts in one day.

Forget the waiting, why change the system used for every other frame?

Why add yet another new process, in a game of keys, beacons, triangulators, clantech, etc, etc.

Why not make the quest allow you to continue after each part, then you build them when you are ready, like every other frame?

This update was supposed to help the new player experience, and maybe it has, but then adding another way of obtaining a frame to the already overcomplicated system just ruins that.

Imagine a new player, "How do I get a new frame?"

Well it depends on the frame :

Mirage : Run this quest, build each part, wait for each part before running the rest of the quest, farm ciphers, blah, blah.

Nekros : Farm nav coordinates, to run derelict missions, to farm golem coordinates to farm golem.

Vauban : Wait for RNG alerts

XXXXX Prime : Farm these void missions.

Hydroid : Farm this one enemy, hoping for beacons, then build a triangulator to find Vey Hek.

Zephyr, Volt, etc : Join a Clan.

New player : "OK, got it, I'll go and play Call of Doody instead."

Good job.

Edit : I should add, I have not even started the quest yet, partly because I'm bugged out in Vor's prize.

So I don't care about the time, I won't even try and farm her for a while, but really, another new mechanic to obtain a frame?

Edited by Egg_Chen

so they should give you the whole warframe for free in 1 run? if you want mirage that bad buy her with plat

No we don't wanna wait or skip the wait in a quest. This is part of a quest! Tell me one game where a part of the quest is required for you to wait for hours upon hours in real time.

12+12+12+72= 108 hours. 

You're sarcastic? 

Lets see I hop on warframe and do a simple mission, get the helmet build it then come back to morrow. Rinse and repeat 2 more time then I start building Mirage proper. 3 days later I have my new warframe all with very little work and frustration. Waiting is not a hard thing to do, hell if you are bored you can actually do something else.

I cannot see what is so hard about this.

The idea of quests is nice, giving us some extra lore and such. However, the missions are very short and we only get a little lore in each of them. Having us wait 12 hours between each of them makes the whole thing less interesting and involving than it would be if it was offered in a single, longer mission OR without the silly wait time.

Also I'd like to add I have enough plat to rush this whole thing but I won't - I like to buy stuff like syandanas as soon as they show up, but I will not support stuff like this. We have to wait before we can continue a "storyline" made up from a bunch of short missions that do not justify the time spent waiting for them.

Edited by rroorr

Lets see I hop on warframe and do a simple mission, get the helmet build it then come back to morrow. Rinse and repeat 2 more time then I start building Mirage proper. 3 days later I have my new warframe all with very little work and frustration. Waiting is not a hard thing to do, hell if you are bored you can actually do something else.

I cannot see what is so hard about this.

It isn't hard. It's tedious and boring. 

It isn't hard. It's tedious and boring. 

It is not Tedious at all. Sure if you just do nothing for 4 @(*()$ days it would be boring as hell , but that is why you go do something play another game or play some warframe or go outside. This quest is perfect for anyone who cannot spend hours on end hoping they will be blessed by RNG and get that last piece they need. 

Forget the waiting, why change the system used for every other frame?

Why add yet another new process, in a game of keys, beacons, triangulators, clantech, etc, etc.

Why not make the quest allow you to continue after each part, then you build them when you are ready, like every other frame?

This update was supposed to help the new player experience, and maybe it has, but then adding another way of obtaining a frame to the already overcomplicated system just ruins that.

Imagine a new player, "How do I get a new frame?"

Well it depends on the frame :

Mirage : Run this quest, build each part, wait for each part before running the rest of the quest, farm ciphers, blah, blah.

Nekros : Farm nav coordinates, to run derelict missions, to farm golem coordinates to farm golem.

Vauban : Wait for RNG alerts

XXXXX Prime : Farm these void missions.

Hydroid : Farm this one enemy, hoping for beacons, then build a triangulator to find Vey Hek.

Zephyr, Volt, etc : Join a Clan.

New player : "OK, got it, I'll go and play Call of Doody instead."

Good job.

Edit : I should add, I have not even started the quest yet, partly because I'm bugged out in Vor's prize.

So I don't care about the time, I won't even try and farm her for a while, but really, another new mechanic to obtain a frame?

He's right. I've tried to get my friends to play Warframe, and they either outright go: "sounds S#&$, no" or try it and say "it gets boring really quick".

It is not Tedious at all. Sure if you just do nothing for 4 @(*()$ days it would be boring as hell , but that is why you go do something play another game or play some warframe or go outside. This quest is perfect for anyone who cannot spend hours on end hoping they will be blessed by RNG and get that last piece they need. 

So you're saying

"to enjoy warframe, don't play warframe"? Whait? Wut? 

Surely you know what a daily quest is right? You do a pre determined objective then you wait 24 hours until you can do another one.

But the difference is that you have to wait to do the next part of the quest, not do another quest