Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Npe Sucks (Beach)Balls

ReptileZA

Pardon the title but it is true. Ive been playing Warframe for awhile now and I have pretty decent gear if I say so myself. Dread is amazing!!!

Okay skip to the part where I make a new account in order to experience update 14 from the start. HOHOHO a big surprise was awaiting me. It is twice as hard as it was before and dont even get me started on the startchart no F****** idea where a node continues and connects etc.

I honestly feel like they didnt test their: ''New player Experience'', very well.

And if I am doing something wrong please inform me.

:I y'know, its still for free.

i'd imagine that this game builds on the opinions of others, but you sling insults at the marvelous new UI.

people re-work items to keep everything fresh.

you complain wrong, btw.

this isn't what we humans call "constructive criticization"

:I y'know, its still for free.

i'd imagine that this game builds on the opinions of others, but you sling insults at the marvelous new UI.

people re-work items to keep everything fresh.

you complain wrong, btw.

this isn't what we humans call "constructive criticization"

Im not insulting the UI just saying that in the tutorial they dont show us how to understand and navigate it. Also your reply did nothing to adress my statement about the increased difficulty. I didnt mention anything about items or builds either.

Edited by ReptileZA

INB4

qGLfph0.gif

But I agree with OP.

Glad im not the only one noticing this, just really curious why they bumped up the enemy levels on the starter planets. I really thought the new player experience was supposed to make things easier for newer players.

Glad im not the only one noticing this, just really curious why they bumped up the enemy levels on the starter planets. I really thought the new player experience was supposed to make things easier for newer players.

I want to know who was the genius that put arc traps in Mercury, or even in the whole game.

I want to know who was the genius that put arc traps in Mercury, or even in the whole game.

Its not even the arc traps that are my problem, its the fact that they bumped up the enemy level in Mercury and other starter planets. This means I cannot even farm low level defence or survival to get the essensial mods like Serration and Hornet Strike, or even some elemental mods. Lets face it you cant go very far without a decently leveled Serration or Hornet strike.

Its not even the arc traps that are my problem, its the fact that they bumped up the enemy level in Mercury and other starter planets. This means I cannot even farm low level defence or survival to get the essensial mods like Serration and Hornet Strike, or even some elemental mods. Lets face it you cant go very far without a decently leveled Serration or Hornet strike.

Well yeah enemy levels are insane, but those arc traps, geez I just polarized my Rhino Prime and went to Mercury to level up and got rekt by those dang arc traps. It's not even fair. There is nothing you can do to avoid them. And I use Penta and Angstrum so I can barely manage to kill them since they aren't hurt by explosives. What do you think is going to happen to a new player? The fact is arc traps are horrible. Those along with Shock Eximi...or boy. Arc traps need a complete revamp, same with Shock Eximus. Arc traps need to be actual traps. They need to be large trap looking thingies on the floor that discharge an electric pulse when you get near it for a short amount of time that does a set amount of damage to shields. This would be the perfectly balanced trap. And for Shock Eximi...just make them like the new Ancient Disruptors. Make it so enemies nearby the Shock Eximus do magnectic damage to energy. So there it is, the perfect revamp.

As someone playing with a new account.

New player experience is much better - you  get more powerful weapons (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=288817856) and a Serration, albeit a weakened one, which makes the game that much more playable. You even get pointed in a semi-meaningful direction, unlike before when basically it felt like you were wandering pretty aimlessly until you realised that you were meant to grind for weapons. You get instruction on what all of these functions do and why you should use them (although I would like to see an Inventory console). The only thing it's missing is a Hornet Strike and some emphasis on why fusion is so important.

Im not insulting the UI just saying that in the tutorial they dont show us how to understand and navigate it. Also your reply did nothing to adress my statement about the increased difficulty. I didnt mention anything about items or builds either.

You can't necessarily teach or show someone how to understand something.

I do agree with you that the tutorial is pretty hard, I almost died a few times going through. But since I've finished all that and been doing normal runs again, I've noticed that the enemy levels isn't the problem. They're doing absurd amounts of damage now, even at lower levels. I did a mission with level 8-10 Corpus, using a Valkyr with 1140 armor, and they were just tearing through it. Before this update, it would take level 40-50+ Corpus to do enough damage to concern me, and that was with only the base 600 armor.

My guess is that a new player, after dying or taking a significant amount of damage from an arc trap, would slow down and try to take them out before running into them.

It's always the veterans that can't seem to figure this out.

Problem is that many arc traps are in places where you can't shoot at them and you just have to rush past them. But for a new player with barely any shields and health they are going to die, especially when you get two arc traps at same time.

Problem is that many arc traps are in places where you can't shoot at them and you just have to rush past them. But for a new player with barely any shields and health they are going to die, especially when you get two arc traps at same time.

And especially when you've got a lot of other things shooting you at the same time. Dealing with an arc trap while mid-brawl with a Grineer heavy is not fun.