Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simply Swap Kubrow Dna Integrity With Loyalty

Xarteros

I think it's pretty bad that every day of use, your Kubrow loses DNA integrity, but you can leave them on their ship for a thousand years and they are still 100% loyal to you.

Instead, I say we swap the Integrity with loyalty. Each time your Kubrow dies in a mission, it loses DNA integrity because it's being recovered from the brink of death (or being re-cloned?) so it's less healthy. Then, each day without attention, it grows less loyal, unless you look after it.

Makes so much more sense to me, and it means players aren't penalised for the 2-3 days required for the Kubrow to mature, plus time spent in use. If they keep their kubrow alive and well, they shouldn't have to spend 100k credits to heal them back up.

EDIT

If nothing gets changed, I propose they create a new blueprint that uses various Earth plants (since they currently have no real purpose anymore) to create packs of DNA stabilizers. If a Kubrow reaches -100% DNA Integrity, make them turn feral instead of dying, and make a more difficult-to-craft Stabilizer blueprint, that requires the rarer Earth plants. I've made a quick example of 3 Blueprints below.

20% Booster 5-pack --> 25,000 Credits, 10 Sunlight/Moonlight Threshcone extract
50% Booster 3-pack --> 30,000 Credits, 10 Sunglight/Moonlight Threscone extract, 5 Sunlight/Moonlight Dragonlily extract

100% Booster 1-pack --> 50,000 Credits, 10 Sunlight/Moonlight Dragonlily extract, 5 Sunlight/Moonlight Jadeleaf extract

Also made a different thread with more ideas here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/277376-kubrow-dna-integrity-and-loyalty-fixes

Edited by Xarteros

I'd have to agree. As long as there's a risk of them dying just because I haven't logged in for a few days I'm going to keep mine in stasis.

And no, I'm not gonna spend millions on restore kits just because I haven't played the game for a bit, nor wait 3 hours to recover it from stasis every time I feel like playing.

ATM kubrow mechanics are broken.

PS:

This is also similar to a system I proposed before U14 released.

I think a cool way of doing it would be a mix of how teammates and extractors work.

What I mean by that is:

Kubrow gets shot repeatedly

Kubrow enters downed state

Revive to continue

If you don't revive, Kubrow gets injured.

Injury severity is random (or semi-random, with influences from Kubrow's Strength and Enemy level), but NEVER FATAL.

When Kubrow is Injured, he is unavailable for mission use and must recover.

You can speed up the recovery by tending to the pet (or buying "premium healthcare" for plat, because DE needs to make money somehow).

Of course instead of being unavailable for mission his bonus health would be lower, and instead of plat recovery we have dna stabilizers (although I wouldn't mind if they were also available for plat)

Edited by Shifted

I would agree, except I like the current mechanics of the system, although Loyalty is a little mucked up right now. No sense in making it harder for the creature to survive. Besides, this would be even *More* costly, due to the fact you have to recreate another one, which takes time to farm, and potentially costs even more to maintain. Unless you're leaving the DNA Stabilizers as they are, of course, which is the more logical action, but even if this change were to occur, DNA Stabilizers should be reduced in price, then.

tl;dr, System shouldn't really change, seems fine to me.

Did you even read the OP?

If so, read again.

I could understand if you simply needed to log in once in few days and inject your dog, one time purchase and lasts you forever, mechanic itself would keep you invested and even if you dont want to play would encourage you to at least login once in a time.

What the point of having a dog if you need to play dark sectors or void regularly just to keep it alive.

This, so much of this, I get the "It's a clone, its genes are faulty" but just having it as outright "slowly dying" doesn't really make sense to me.

No actually i dont get it, why the hell would we need to go and find an egg then hatch it from it if its just a clone?? doesnt make any sense.

But even more, if its a clone cant we just store its dna and make another one after 1st one dies, it took centuries for grineer to deteriorate to that and our cloning technology is even more primitive that 1st clone dies so quickly and we cant clone further??

Edited by Davoodoo

No actually i dont get it, why the hell would we need to go and find an then hatch it from it if its just a clone?? doesnt make any sense.

Oh no, no no no no, that part I just completely disagree with, collecting an egg, hatching it and calling that a "clone" sounds completely farfetched. I was just referring to the "needs heals because clone" part of the system. I don't think they should be called clones at all.

He's referring to swapping the DNA system with the Loyalty system. I simply gave my viewpoint. You grabbed my seemingly unfinished post, however.

I already made a grand point about having Loyalty that can be maintained by the introduction of "Kubrow Cookies."

The "cookie" part of your post is insignificant in what I meant, so I cut it out. (pardon the pun)

What my point was, is:

No sense in making it harder for the creature to survive. Besides, this would be even *More* costly, due to the fact you have to recreate another one, which takes time to farm, and potentially costs even more to maintain. 

All of this doesn't make any sense when compared to OP.

First of all, it doesn't make harder for the creature to survive. It makes it easier. The only time it's exposed to the risk of reducing it's maximum health (in other words, death) is when you're ACTUALLY taking it on a mission. Leaving it on the ship makes it perfectly safe, unlike what we have now

Secondly, it's not more costly. You only have to use DNA stabilizers when your Kubrow dies in a mission (and it's health is penalized), unlike we have now, where you pretty much have to inject the thing every 2 days (except when in stasis)

I think that the whole health degradation part wouldn't be THAT bad, if it was slower. As it stands, it loses 20 points in ONE day. So you have to spend 100,000 credits every 5 days? Sorry but I don't play Warframe that much and as it stands the credit rewards are kinda S#&$ if they're making us pay that much in creds every week. Though haven't used the DNA stablizers yet so not sure how much they recover health wise for the Kubrow.

As for the Kubrow being downed, good luck keeping them alive, the lowest level missions are Grineer and those have arc traps that are going to nearly instant kill your Kubrow. So yeah, that's fun, plus the glitch that makes them die instantly rather then letting you revive them.

Sorry but the Kubrow mechanics are extremely messed up right now. So yeah, a swap would be nice, so maybe they lose 5 loyalty points per day, but visiting with them that day would reward you with 10. That allows you to keep your Kubrow Loyal by visiting with them every day, but if you don't it will slowly start to drain. If they die it drops down their DNA integrity, so if your Kubrow doesn't die, you don't have to worry about spending that many credits on DNA stabilizers.

It's really bad, but I'm probably going to let mine mature and then stick her in Stasis till they fix all this shiz. x.x I was really excited for Kubrows, until I woke up today to find 20 points of DNA integrity was gone. :I

The "cookie" part of your post is insignificant in what I meant, so I cut it out. (pardon the pun)

What my point was, is:

All of this doesn't make any sense when compared to OP.

First of all, it doesn't make harder for the creature to survive. It makes it easier. The only time it's exposed to the risk of reducing it's maximum health (in other words, death) is when you're ACTUALLY taking it on a mission. Leaving it on the ship makes it perfectly safe, unlike what we have now

Secondly, it's not more costly. You only have to use DNA stabilizers when your Kubrow dies in a mission (and it's health is penalized), unlike we have now, where you pretty much have to inject the thing every 2 days (except when in stasis)

My apologies. I did not see this until you clarified what the OP was *trying* to say. Kudos to you, I'm on board with this now.

Where is the "Kubrow Feedback Thread" we seriously need one to dump all these ideas in. I agree with OP. With how it currently is, it paints the Tenno as horrible people who just keep pumping cancer patients with Chemo and ect and then tossing them into a hostile area and expecting them to fight. 

People, STASIS.

Put your KUbrow in Stasis and no worries on him dropping.

But this leaves a 3 hour period you can't use him/her to bring into battle, and as people have said, (And now that I am on board.) People should *not* be penalized just for not being here. There's so many ways to forget to put them in stasis, like I just forgot to /)_-''

People, STASIS.

Put your KUbrow in Stasis and no worries on him dropping.

Next time i buy frozen chicken i will remember that it is alive and it didnt die.

Whats the point of having a dog if you need to keep him frozen just so he wont die, it even feels more humane to just kill him.