Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hang Then Crash During Hives.

KairaSilvermist

More specifically, During Infested Hive missions, after popping all of the Tumors, and heading for the MAGNETIC node, using my Dual Zorens and their Swirling Tiger Stance on an Ancient Healer, while another Healer is nearby, will cause the game to freeze, and need to be closed via killing the process in Task Manager. It is specifically right when the second flurry, in Winding Claw's combo, procs the bug that does this:

2014_07_19_00006_by_mewfan151-d7reuik.jp

The game will immediately freeze and the process will have to be crashed. This has happened to me twice, exactly like this, and Hate is not causing crashes with Reaping Spiral, though I haven't got a magnetic Node, or Healers while using Hate, so it very well may be them causing it.

Okay, I've found out that if there's multiple ancients near each other at ALL, the game will hang and crash randomly during Swirling Tiger. It happened during ODD, and it was a disruptor and a toxic, but there was still a healer nearby. I've heard the healers get more HP when you deal damage to nearby infested, is there a chance that killing too many infested too quickly could be causing this issue? Much as I don't want it, could we put a ceiling to how much extra HP an Ancient Healer can get?

EDIT: I'm going to attempt to replicate this during an ODS, to see if it is indeed tied to the Healer or not. I will do my utmost best to get a log of when it hangs, and I will put a post here with full information once I can get that file.

EDIT2: As expected, the Ancients showed up, and when I started dealing a high amount of damage to a group nearby one of them, the game hanged. It still hasn't crashed, but I did get the log file, so I'll be crashing it right afterwards to continue testing this. I want to see how much I can push this hanging, and how easy it is to replicate.

Sadly, this is detrimental to me getting a Forma, I need twenty-one of them, and I normally use ODS or ODD to get them, since Void likes to give me the middle finger when I go there for one, by migrating me out, crashing me in general, or just not giving it to me.

Edited by Mewfan

Can anyone else replicate this, and confirm or deny if this is happening to them as well?
 Shouldn't take long to run an ODD solo with Zorens to wave seven, and see if the healers are crashing others. This is kind of a serious thing, as it breaks certain missions and gametypes.

Daniel submitted a change to fix the dual zoren hangs you have been experiencing when fighting Ancients. I believe that it made it into yesterdays hotfix, but it may have been delayed until the next one.

Thank you, but it's not just me, some reports I've seen have been with Valkyr in general, and others are with various other weapons. the only similarities I've seena re that it's always ina  alrge group of infested, during Channeling, with an Ancient Healer nearby. the hang happens specifically when one STARTS channeling.