Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Imprint Breeding Results. Let's Try And Figure Out The Kubrow Genetics (Imprints)

Electronite

Question

I was just looking around to see what imprints do exactly, do they carry the fur patterns only or everything including build and class, but I came up empty. Looked around the forums and there wasn't anything definitive. From Live stream 31 they say it includes all the characteristics but some people say its only the patterns.

So I thought I'd create a thread for people to post the results of their kubro breeding results so we can get a grasp on what traits are dominant or recessive. So here's a template for posting your 'experiment'. Pictures would be EXTREMELY helpful, if you don't have the screenshots then try to be as descriptive as possible, perhaps use other people's posts as an example. For example, "My imprint 1 has the same patter as post #6 Imprint 1" or something like that.

Imprint 1:(Please if you can make sure the order you post here is the same order you used when blending)

Kubro Type:

Height(Tall, medium, small):

Build(Stocky/Fat, Normal, Skinny):

Pattern(Just a simple description would do, just needed to see what pattern ends up dominant):

Imprint 2:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

Baby:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

So far my findings are:

--- Imprints only give a higher chance for the kubro baby to carry the characteristics of the 2 imprints. 

---There are dominant and recessive traits, resulting in some traits to always take priority. But that's only if RNG decides your imprints take priority.

---Each Kubro can only have 2 imprints taken of them. And only after they are fully grown into adults.

---From Livestream gender could also imply dominance or recessiveness of genes.

---As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore). Well this is a big change, don't know how exactly this will work. 

---From a twitter we found out these are the traits categories:

Body Type(implicitly derived, not explicitly stated)

Fur Pattern

Eye Colour

Colour layer 1,2 and 3(ie Primary colour, Tint 1, and Tint 2)

https://twitter.com/sheldoncarter/status/491370256699359232

---CONFIRMED. Using 2 imprints of a same Kubro does not guarentee the same Kubro but a very high chance of so.

8bb3318ecf192db93d9b8e61a527f946.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis/Speculation(need more data)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***FUR PATTERN**

So far we have seen many cases of Kubros with the following patterns, the other types are quite rare and I still haven't recieved any data on them. FEED ME DATA.

Stripes: The pattern with stripes on the kubro's back and legs, much like a tiger.

Lotus: A lotus symbol on the face.

Patchy: The most common of patterns, just patches of the 2 different colours on the doge, mostly very light and similiar so sometimes hard to distinguish.

Speculation:(NOT FINAL)

1. From Several case studies #6; #12; #24; #34; we can see that the stripes pattern is RECESSIVE. In all of the cases a stripes pattern when combined with another pattern will 'blend' you a baby with the other pattern.

2. Lotus pattern is also RECESSIVE, as seen in case study #32.

3. The Patchy pattern is very common and can be ruled as a dominant gene. So if you want a good pattern don't bring in a kubro with the patchy pattern. I think it is safe to say PATCHY IS DOMINANT.

**BODY TYPE**

Thanks to Jin_Kazama for pointing out, the stocky/fat kubro body type isn't a dominant one, he bred 2 fat doges and he got a normal weight doge. (CASE #12)

UPDATE(22/07/2014) : As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore)

UPDATE(25/07/2014): I added a speculation part, to brainstorm. The findings there aren't final and purely speculation based on the limited data I have now. Thank you everyone for the posts so far. If you got friends who have also bred their kubro ask them if they'd like to post their puppy blender experience here :D Once again thank you for all the helpful posts. Love you guys.

Edited by Electronite

Not as far as I can tell, my 2nd kubrow isn't mature yet. Not even the color and pattern combined in some way. The only thing that was successfull in my eyes is that my new kubrow had nothing "random" (wich wasn't part of one of the imprints) on it.

And I really hope DE will change the amount of imprints we can take from our kubrows... 2 isn't usefull at all if you are seriously trying to create your "perfect" kubrow.... If they do something like you can only take 1-2 per day it would be ok.

Edited by Scr4mp

Imprint 1:

Kubrow Type: Huras

Height: Medium

Build: Normal

Pattern: (this is what the pattern would've been on the Huras since all the white kubrows got changed after the Gamma update)

RcQwD2V.png

Imprint 2:

Kubrow Type: Raska

Build: Normal

Pattern:

yFJlC2I.png

Baby:

Kubro Type: Raska

Build:Normal

Pattern:

qsVE7Vy.png

Edit: Updated offspring Info

Edit 2: adding pictures once stasis times are done

Edit 3: will be adding the new updated Gamma pictures

Edit4: got the pictures in finally, dont have a picture of the father because it was an imprint and it was before this thread showed up, sorry for the inconvenience :\ 

Edited by TDooG

I think the "RNG" part you describe is the punnett square at work.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punnett_square

We don't really have a clear idea of what traits are dominant or recessive besides the white color, which is the default and most common.

For one, it is unknown whether your randomized pup is a purebred or a hybrid in terms of genetics. So if you have a Kubrow with a fur pattern that you like, it may be a hybridized trait, and when combined with another imprint it has a 50% chance to change if the second was a purebred. But if it was a hybrid, it would have a different chance.

And then there's the possibility of the "in between" traits that mix instead of taking dominance.

Imprint 1:
Kubrow Type: Raksa
45e301b2ffcc42fb1cc3209bf58eed79.png

Imprint 2:
Kubrow type: Raksa
ddfeb10d9c0124d29161de731fffd8b1.png

Baby:
Kubrow type: Raksa
57f3ce63051c732268ba366a3574b979.png will post again when mature

EDIT-

RIGHT. the kubrow came out NO WHERE NEAR as bulky as the mom or dad.
97e98a1274b3dd9eb6e81a51b2706572.png

I DID SCAMBLE THE COLOR btw
Edited by Jin_Kazama

Thank you everyone for the posts. Keep it up! Will record and present when we have more data.

I think the "RNG" part you describe is the punnett square at work.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punnett_square

We don't really have a clear idea of what traits are dominant or recessive besides the white color, which is the default and most common.

For one, it is unknown whether your randomized pup is a purebred or a hybrid in terms of genetics. So if you have a Kubrow with a fur pattern that you like, it may be a hybridized trait, and when combined with another imprint it has a 50% chance to change if the second was a purebred. But if it was a hybrid, it would have a different chance.

And then there's the possibility of the "in between" traits that mix instead of taking dominance.

Thanks for the link, I think I understand a bit better now. However now they said they will be making all genes dominant, I'm not sure how that would work now.

So its just looks? Their skills don't combine or anything?

I believe the different types of kubros can't combine to give to hybrids. You will get 1 of the 4 types of the Kubros and their respectives class based abilities.

However now they said they will be making all genes dominant, I'm not sure how that would work now.

I believe they said that only the dominant traits will be used in the Kubrow. 

No more possibly getting recessive trait. 

This loss of recessive traits is disheartening.  It removes the main reason for trading Imprints.  As of now, the only reason to trade Imprints is solely cosmetic.  Unless we're looking at a 50/50 trait system, where two traits can be created.  That would only lead to a single combination of Imprints.

Has a reason been stated as to why recessive traits were removed?

This loss of recessive traits is disheartening.  It removes the main reason for trading Imprints.  As of now, the only reason to trade Imprints is solely cosmetic.  Unless we're looking at a 50/50 trait system, where two traits can be created.  That would only lead to a single combination of Imprints.

Has a reason been stated as to why recessive traits were removed?

It was quite a sudden decision, I think it may be because people were complaining that they got a kubrow completely not related to the imprints. But that's because of genes, idk why they are complaining. That may or may not be the case. Either way without recessives genes i feel its going to be more upto chance when breeding.

Trying to get a Huras, so I got a couple of imprints via Trade and I'm going to try and imprint an egg to see what happens.  Thought I'd post my results here to try and help the research effort.

Print 1: Female Huras(on the right)

Print 2: Male Huras

s3vO3z5.jpg

Result

vQvOiGl.jpg

Produced a Huras pup which is what I was going for.  I'll update this post when it fully matures.

5ImQHLr.jpg?1

Here he is all grown up.  Got his mom's bodytype and his dad's pattern.

Edited by SlabBulkhead