Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Imprint Breeding Results. Let's Try And Figure Out The Kubrow Genetics (Imprints)

Electronite

Question

I was just looking around to see what imprints do exactly, do they carry the fur patterns only or everything including build and class, but I came up empty. Looked around the forums and there wasn't anything definitive. From Live stream 31 they say it includes all the characteristics but some people say its only the patterns.

So I thought I'd create a thread for people to post the results of their kubro breeding results so we can get a grasp on what traits are dominant or recessive. So here's a template for posting your 'experiment'. Pictures would be EXTREMELY helpful, if you don't have the screenshots then try to be as descriptive as possible, perhaps use other people's posts as an example. For example, "My imprint 1 has the same patter as post #6 Imprint 1" or something like that.

Imprint 1:(Please if you can make sure the order you post here is the same order you used when blending)

Kubro Type:

Height(Tall, medium, small):

Build(Stocky/Fat, Normal, Skinny):

Pattern(Just a simple description would do, just needed to see what pattern ends up dominant):

Imprint 2:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

Baby:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

So far my findings are:

--- Imprints only give a higher chance for the kubro baby to carry the characteristics of the 2 imprints. 

---There are dominant and recessive traits, resulting in some traits to always take priority. But that's only if RNG decides your imprints take priority.

---Each Kubro can only have 2 imprints taken of them. And only after they are fully grown into adults.

---From Livestream gender could also imply dominance or recessiveness of genes.

---As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore). Well this is a big change, don't know how exactly this will work. 

---From a twitter we found out these are the traits categories:

Body Type(implicitly derived, not explicitly stated)

Fur Pattern

Eye Colour

Colour layer 1,2 and 3(ie Primary colour, Tint 1, and Tint 2)

https://twitter.com/sheldoncarter/status/491370256699359232

---CONFIRMED. Using 2 imprints of a same Kubro does not guarentee the same Kubro but a very high chance of so.

8bb3318ecf192db93d9b8e61a527f946.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis/Speculation(need more data)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***FUR PATTERN**

So far we have seen many cases of Kubros with the following patterns, the other types are quite rare and I still haven't recieved any data on them. FEED ME DATA.

Stripes: The pattern with stripes on the kubro's back and legs, much like a tiger.

Lotus: A lotus symbol on the face.

Patchy: The most common of patterns, just patches of the 2 different colours on the doge, mostly very light and similiar so sometimes hard to distinguish.

Speculation:(NOT FINAL)

1. From Several case studies #6; #12; #24; #34; we can see that the stripes pattern is RECESSIVE. In all of the cases a stripes pattern when combined with another pattern will 'blend' you a baby with the other pattern.

2. Lotus pattern is also RECESSIVE, as seen in case study #32.

3. The Patchy pattern is very common and can be ruled as a dominant gene. So if you want a good pattern don't bring in a kubro with the patchy pattern. I think it is safe to say PATCHY IS DOMINANT.

**BODY TYPE**

Thanks to Jin_Kazama for pointing out, the stocky/fat kubro body type isn't a dominant one, he bred 2 fat doges and he got a normal weight doge. (CASE #12)

UPDATE(22/07/2014) : As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore)

UPDATE(25/07/2014): I added a speculation part, to brainstorm. The findings there aren't final and purely speculation based on the limited data I have now. Thank you everyone for the posts so far. If you got friends who have also bred their kubro ask them if they'd like to post their puppy blender experience here :D Once again thank you for all the helpful posts. Love you guys.

Edited by Electronite

So I was going thorugh some of my previous kubrows when I stumbled upon this one. When I first had her I didn't think much, but I looked closer and now I'm confused. Does it have a lotus symbol? I't has interesting markings on its face and doesn't have the other patterns(fox/striped/patches). So hopefully the thread can help me identify her :/

LvEDevd.jpg

bRL3ik7.jpg

It's just a spotted pattern-I messed around with the contrast settings in photoshop, it doesn't have a lotus on it's face(that I can tell)

S3G6WjN.jpg

One and two are the same tiger striped pattern, you can see the stripes on the orange of the inner thigh. I've also found that all tiger kubrows have that pointed 'mask'.

On topic my current project is this: 2 tall striped Sunukas hoping to get blue with orange stripes and belly.

Looks like it may just be a copy of the first parent though...  I'll add more pictures once it finishes incubating and maturing.

I still have one of each original imprints, any suggestions?

uhuTnad.jpg

DmkaDfV.jpg

Edited because why double post?

Edited by Onisa

I was praying I would get the Lotus from the first Imprint with colors and breed from the second.I got it in reverse

Imprint 1: Reyes, Huras, Lotus

ZK52X0Q.png

Imprint 2: Neva, Raksa, X-splotch

g2Jb2tC.png

Baby: Thanatos, Huras, X-splotch

WkoFLiY.png

His tail is gray with a little dust of blue. Its adorable. Hope he's bulky.

Edited by xoLunaox

Also, is it me, or do Males tend to be rarer then females?

Would you also consider Lotus to be a recessive pattern? I finally got a puppy with one, but I'll have to breed it with others to get good color, and I don't wanna mess up my chances..

Also, is it me, or do Males tend to be rarer then females?

Would you also consider Lotus to be a recessive pattern? I finally got a puppy with one, but I'll have to breed it with others to get good color, and I don't wanna mess up my chances..

Mine have been mostly males, personally (4/5).

It may be up to your personal RNG seed unfortunately. I myself am down to one last chance to get a color combo with stripes (unless I find another donor) so I can understand your hesitance.

Mine have been mostly males, personally (4/5).

It may be up to your personal RNG seed unfortunately. I myself am down to one last chance to get a color combo with stripes (unless I find another donor) so I can understand your hesitance.

I've had what feels like 90% females, and now I'm getting mostly Huras when at first I was mostly getting Raksa.

I'm curious what type of donor you need-just a striped Kubrow? I may have extras... I'd have to check, hah.

I've had what feels like 90% females, and now I'm getting mostly Huras when at first I was mostly getting Raksa.

I'm curious what type of donor you need-just a striped Kubrow? I may have extras... I'd have to check, hah.

I'm trying to get orange stripes and belly onto a blue background.

I'm currently working with sunika prints though, and I'm trying to keep variables to a minimum.

Not sure if I should just try the same match up as the first time or go with the realistic 'parent/offspring' pair to maximize my chances though.

And the beast has matured. Won't exactly know how he measures up until I print him though.

I think I may use one of Slate's prints with my last print of Rusty, if only to up the chances of more bulkies.

qrRFcgy.jpg

Edited by Onisa

i have been doing pairs of prints, the same combo process each time and usually one of the 2 offspring are what im looking for. occasionally i have gotten both offspring with lotus prints.

example: (these ones my bro did)

lBDE2Zl.jpg

we were actually trying for an all red dog with black lotus, same imprint in the same slot for both eggs.

hope that helps some of ya

Edited by SUMA

i have been doing pairs of prints, the same combo process each time and usually one of the 2 offspring are what im looking for. occasionally i have gotten both offspring with lotus prints.

lBDE2Zl.jpg

we were actually trying for an all red dog with black lotus, same imprint in the same slot for both eggs.

our kubrows are twins lol

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45354756269806570/0D039BAE594D7DEA2C18B1E5F87117D282900F2B/

lBDE2Zl.jpg

Somewhat. Now I'm on the fence again...

I get the feeling, that my pups tend to go for a height, that neither of their parents had. Helvis were medium and the tallest type, but she turned out pretty small.

t6thna.png

I wonder what it could mean, that Helvi has the general pattern of Verdandi (the grey-black Lotus), but not indentical. Verdandi has a black chin, Helvi not, maybe it's an independent pattern? Or Helvis ist grey like the rest of the fur?

Edited by lukshu

I get the feeling, that my pups tend to go for a height, that neither of their parents had. Helvis were medium and the tallest type, but she turned out pretty small.

Height is random even when you use the same 2 donor imprints, along with gender and the fluffy leg trait(and possibly other traits I haven't observed yet as well). You could use 2 tallest height kubrow imprints both with fluffy legs, both male and still get the smallest height as a result with no fluffy legs and female, and any variation in between. I'll show an example, this is my kubrow Georgia that has had its same 2 imprints duplicated twice.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45354133301310749/84C2036B1D1DC91FF84B327D877839DE10C091E5/  Georgia as a pup

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45353414856752547/E16C5DFBC8E5ECD4FE46FBAD9DE02EB6C8768CCA/ Georgia v. 1.0

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45354050846116068/CCF1C5D6F7A221E01F368C4954C95F4DFDBD647C/ Georgia v. 2.0

she's maturing for a 3rd time in a few days I'll post a link for "Georgia v. 3.0" when she does.

Edited by Elsde

Ok, then RNG is probably just playing with me^^

I thought that fluffy feet are female only though? It's their medium bodytype? I didn't see anything non-female or non-athletic that had fluffy feet.

"Georgia V 1.0" was male fluffy legs turned into male with no fluffy legs and then the 3rd turned female.

I think it is an athletic only trait though(fluffy legs). I've never seen a fat or skinny kubrow with fluffy legs either

edit-I was lied to and it was before gender showed on the imprint, confirmed fluffy legs is female athletic every time

Edited by Elsde

Very nice chart. Could benefit from a bit more clarity in font and distinct generations, but love where you're going with it

It's actually a very large image and once you get used to the font it's not so bad.

Unfortunately my breeding for this chart has been halted due to the bug currently in the system.  It won't let me get new stasis slots.  I bought a bundle to breed for an all black with blue lotus pattern, but the stasis didn't show up.  I purchased a stasis by itself, and that didn't show up either.

I'm currently waiting in the Q for my support ticket to be handled so I can continue breeding.

Man seeing this thread makes me soooo happy for my first kubrow.

I did a random breeding for my first egg when U14.1 dropped on PS4.

I was lucky enough to get a Female Raksa, Solid Blue, patterns are Black Lotus and V on back, plus black belly. Mine is the tallest one I've seen so far compared to friends and random lobbies. Also very slender and noble looking, not very bulky at all. Purple eyes. No ugly splotchy patterns.

Just did my 2nd random, Male Sahara, Black with (shinier?) black spots. Not very promising. Will breed these two together and see what happens...

My first time breeding. Thankfully I got two lotuses out of it. Hopefully they turn out bulky rather than anorexic tho, lool

Used the same sequence of imprints as depicted in the picture below for both pups. (Sunika in slot 1, Sahasa in slot 2) Though I am unsure if it matters.

wlODy7l.png